PDA

View Full Version : Von Inflames PETA Posing With Dead Hammerhead Shark

OrangeHoof
04-04-2018, 10:28 PM
Von Miller: What I did in my off-season:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/von-miller-being-investigated-over-bloody-shark-photo-could-be-in-hot-water/

Scroll down a bit to see a viral phone video of Von landing the shark.

He then posed with it for a picture that was then captioned in a tweet:

(https://twitter.com/LacesOutShow) "Von Miller posing with Cam Newton after Super Bowl 50".

But some are not amused, including a spokeslady for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).

"Seeing Von Miller (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1620879/von-miller) smile as he holds a shark's bloody body should turn any kind person's stomach," Bell said. "This man has a reported history of bullying animals -- having previously made the news for wrestling an alligator and PETA is inquiring with officials to ensure that Miller is held accountable if killing this animal was, as we suspect, illegal."

Poor Von. Maybe he should have cried instead and look like he didn't enjoy killing the shark.

I can understand the blood but how did the shark get pulled out of the ocean with all this blue-green coloring on him?

NightTerror218
04-04-2018, 10:31 PM
Miller's IG accounted stated after pictured they released it

chazoe60
04-04-2018, 11:12 PM
Hey Peta, **** off. By the way, have you ******* dolts ever seen how a hammerhead treats it's prey? Food chain bitches, deal with it.

OrangeHoof
04-04-2018, 11:28 PM
"He has a repeated history of bullying animals," she whined. That's true, he does. Panthers. Eagles. Jaguars. Colts. Dolphins. Bears. In fact, he gets paid very, very well to "bully" all of them. He's just a bully!

chazoe60
04-04-2018, 11:47 PM
Remember when he repeatedly beat-up that little kitty in SB50?such a bully.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-05-2018, 12:05 AM
PETA is is bunch of hypocrites. I used to think they were just whack jobs who were overzealous about animal rights but they’re just ridiculous now. I grew up in Virginia Beach, VA where they are headquartered. They have a fleet of vehicles that look like any other except for the vanity plates that say, “PETA 1, PETA 2, etc. One afternoon, I saw a Jeep Grand Cherokee in a parking lot with the familiar PETA vanity plate. I noticed it was the “Limited” trim. Just for shits and giggles I walked up and looked inside. Sure as shit... leather interior. I haven’t taken anything they’ve done or said seriously since.

chazoe60
04-05-2018, 12:09 AM
PETA is is bunch of hypocrites. I used to think they were just whack jobs who were overzealous about animal rights but they’re just ridiculous now. I grew up in Virginia Beach, VA where they are headquartered. They have a fleet of vehicles that look like any other except for the vanity plates that say, “PETA 1, PETA 2, etc. One afternoon, I saw a Jeep Grand Cherokee in a parking lot with the familiar PETA vanity plate. I noticed it was the “Limited” trim. Just for shits and giggles I walked up and looked inside. Sure as shit... leather interior. I haven’t taken anything they’ve done or said seriously since.

That particular cow died of natural causes.

Dapper Dan
04-05-2018, 12:16 AM
That kinda looks ****** up.

Timmy!
04-05-2018, 02:19 AM
How is this even news? Wow.

1. There is video of them releasing the shark. Allegedly.

2. This was on a guided tour. Shouldn't responsibility be on the company giving said guided tour IF violations did actually happen?

3. Von is an avid hunter/fisherman. He "films" a lot of it. You'd think he checked into this before hand.

4. **** PETA.

5. How the **** is this news again? I blame Mo.

Northman
04-05-2018, 04:46 AM
Miller's IG accounted stated after pictured they released it

If they caught and released it than great, i have zero problem with it.

OrangeHoof
04-05-2018, 07:28 AM
Why does releasing it matter if it's dead? It's become food for other sharks. That's what sharks do - eat. It's not particularly concerned with what.

Don't tell PETA, but my favorite restaurant has shark meat on it's menu. Tastes like most other ocean meats but I get a certain perverse pleasure over eating something whose one function in life is eating.

Tned
04-05-2018, 07:49 AM
If they caught and released it than great, i have zero problem with it.

Quick google says that it's illegal to even do a catch and release of a hammerhead in FL. They say landing it (out of water) is illegal. Texas on the other hand allows one per day, as long as it's over 99".

Wouldn't have thought of sharks as protected.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 09:22 AM
OK - i am not posting this to inflame the situation, as i know you all love killing and eating animals as long as you think they had a nice life. (ok, that part was inflamatory - but tongue in cheek)

Anyway - sharks as a an apex predator, keep other species in check, in the case of the hammerhead, i think they eat sting rays - or similar other creature that if overpopulated would be bad for the ecosystem.

The other thing about hammer heads is that they are slow to reproduce, so the population will take time to recover from previous overfishing/by catching

I am not a shark expert, but i did stay in the holiday inn once.

broncofaninfla
04-05-2018, 10:44 AM
The sad truth is we live in a society that can't wait to be offended by something. Von was doomed for criticism the moment he decided to go fishing. The fake outrage for the "social justice warriors" is impossible to avoid once you post on social media.

BroncoJoe
04-05-2018, 10:49 AM
I hope all these PETA, shark loving weirdos get attacked by a shark next time they go swimming.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 11:07 AM
I hope all these PETA, shark loving weirdos get attacked by a shark next time they go swimming.

I hope every fisherman or hunter gets attacked and killed by whatever their quarry is.

I especially hope this fate befalls you.

BroncoJoe
04-05-2018, 11:16 AM
I hope every fisherman or hunter gets attacked and killed by whatever their quarry is.

Next time you're in town, I'm going to drug you and shove some meat down your throat.

MOtorboat
04-05-2018, 11:18 AM
Must...not...comment...

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 11:19 AM
Next time you're in town, I'm going to drug you and shove some meat down your throat.

I do hope so

Rick
04-05-2018, 11:23 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBa4D9D6Gng

Fake as hell but funny.

Dzone
04-05-2018, 11:37 AM
PETA kills more animals than anyone knows. Just google it. PETA had a set up in Houston after the hurricane to take in lost animals. They were killing them as fast as they got them. PETAs animal shelter has a 90% kill rate. People were pissed . PETA doesnt think owning pets is humane and they think its more humane to just kill them. ***k PETA- they are a bunch of hypocrites. You cant reason with lunatics. Those people are sick

Freyaka
04-05-2018, 11:38 AM

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 11:44 AM
PETA absolutely are a horrific organisation, and they do kill lots of animals in their kill shelters - agreed.

And that makes everything else they have ever done or campaigned for, null and void.

MOtorboat
04-05-2018, 11:45 AM
PETA absolutely are a horrific organisation, and they do kill lots of animals in their kill shelters - agreed.

And that makes everything else they have ever done or campaigned for, null and void.

They are also whack jobs who have very little understanding of conservation and ecology.

OrangeHoof
04-05-2018, 11:49 AM
Quick google says that it's illegal to even do a catch and release of a hammerhead in FL. They say landing it (out of water) is illegal. Texas on the other hand allows one per day, as long as it's over 99".

Wouldn't have thought of sharks as protected.

Technically, the shark was not *in* Florida and I would not be surprised to learn that it was in the open sea beyond the coastal water rights that most states claim. So would Florida have jurisdiction? One would expect the fishing boat operator would know the laws and also know the difference between laws for coastal waters and laws for the open sea. Japanese fishing boats are notorious for exploiting open sea laws to overharvest certain types of fishes and will simply kill any dolphin/shark/whale/ray that gets caught in their nets.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 11:50 AM
They are also whack jobs who have very little understanding of conservation and ecology.

lol - i love this argument the best.

We need to kill the animals to stop them killing each other.

If we don't kill these animals, they will over breed and take over the world.

If we don't kill these animals, they will kill all of these animals, and we need to keep them alive, so that we can kill them and eat them.

If we did not breed all of these animals so that we could kill and eat them - they would never have been alive in the first place.

Only us humans know the balance of nature, therefore only us humans can control the populations of certain animals as if we left it to nature, they would die anyway

Freyaka
04-05-2018, 11:50 AM
Lets face it guys, Von's kind of a monster. There was a video of him from a few years back where he beat a panther so badly it just cowered away and then laid down to accept its fate.

BroncoJoe
04-05-2018, 11:53 AM

If we don't kill these animals, they will kill all of these animals, and we need to keep them alive, so that we can kill them and eat them.

If we did not breed all of these animals so that we could kill and eat them - they would never have been alive in the first place.

Only us humans know the balance of nature, therefore only us humans can control the populations of certain animals as if we left it to nature, they would die anyway

Why shouldn't humans eat meat, when a large majority of animals eat other species? And, when they kill, there is no sympathy or care about whether their kill suffers at all or not.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 11:54 AM
Why shouldn't humans eat meat, when a large majority of animals eat other species? And, when they kill, there is no sympathy or care about if their kill suffers at all.

because other animals do not have the capacity to moralize ethical dilemmas - or farm other foods that do not result in the direct murder of other life forms - and still be healthy

BroncoJoe
04-05-2018, 11:57 AM
because other animals do not have the capacity to moralize ethical dilemmas - or farm other foods that do not result in the direct murder of other life forms - and still be healthy

But you kill hookers.

Isn't a plant a form of life?

MOtorboat
04-05-2018, 11:59 AM

This is the type of blatant stupidity you have to deal with. There are very few natural predators of deer in Nebraska. The Game and Parks Commission counts deer and issues hunting permits based on population numbers and it helps monitor and regulate the ecology of the state with a smaller number of predators than there would be if the setting had no humans. The days of blasting away and eliminating species are long gone (have been for over 60 years), and the hunting industry helps regulate overpopulation and helps cultivate underpopulation through the use of funds from habitat stamps, check-in fees and licensing. Organizations like Pheasants Forever and Ducks Unlimited buy property to cultivate into natural habitat for the animals they hunt, and yes they do hunt to regulate population because the natural predators do not exist in numbers in order to do so. Endangered and threatened species aren't hunted. You're prosecuted for poaching.

Freyaka
04-05-2018, 12:01 PM

Which is why they are a lesser species. They lack the capability for sentient thought and morals.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 12:01 PM
But you kill hookers.

Isn't a plant a form of life?

lmao - yeah the hooker thing - that is a bit hypocritical of me, point accepted lol

Plants lack a central nervous system - they are not sentient, however - they MAY feel pain, they do not experience it in the conscious sense........but maybe i am wrong, maybe they do - BUT what i know for a fact is that animals DO feel pain, they experience pain and have emotions.

So i focus on what we know in order to avoid causing the harm, rather than ignoring what i know in order to focus on the potential feelings of plants

Freyaka
04-05-2018, 12:02 PM
Peta should start some sort of documentary series for things like this. They could call it The Peta Files.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 12:04 PM
Which is why they are a lesser species. They lack the capability for sentience and morals.

So you have the ability to moralize - but choose not to use it lol

I can not fly - does that make lesser than a bird
I can not hear certain frequencies - does that make me lesser than a dog
I can not see in the infrared spectrum - does that make me lesser than a deer

etc etc etc

we are not more - they are not lesser - were are all different

we are just dominant - and choose to continue to be dominant long past the evolutionary requirement to do so

Freyaka
04-05-2018, 12:10 PM
So you have the ability to moralize - but choose not to use it lol

I can not fly - does that make lesser than a bird
I can not hear certain frequencies - does that make me lesser than a dog
I can not see in the infrared spectrum - does that make me lesser than a deer

etc etc etc

we are not more - they are not lesser - were are all different

we are just dominant - and choose to continue to be dominant long past the evolutionary requirement to do so

So am I a terrible person for killing a field mouse in my home that brings with it disease and eats all my food? What about roaches, they have a central nervous system too, should I just let them hang out with me and chill at my place because their lives are just as important as mine? If it is ok to kill them, what supposedly makes them different than a fish that I kill with the purpose of eating?

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 12:14 PM
This is the type of blatant stupidity you have to deal with. There are very few natural predators of deer in Nebraska. The Game and Parks Commission counts deer and issues hunting permits based on population numbers and it helps monitor and regulate the ecology of the state with a smaller number of predators than there would be if the setting had no humans. The days of blasting away and eliminating species are long gone (have been for over 60 years), and the hunting industry helps regulate overpopulation and helps cultivate underpopulation through the use of funds from habitat stamps, check-in fees and licensing. Organizations like Pheasants Forever and Ducks Unlimited buy property to cultivate into natural habitat for the animals they hunt, and yes they do hunt to regulate population because the natural predators do not exist in numbers in order to do so. Endangered and threatened species aren't hunted. You're prosecuted for poaching.

you make a great point - we took away the natural predator from that area. Therefore in order for humans to live there - deer need to be controlled. Accepted.

So if you must think that the laws surrounding hammerheads are ideal - as that protects the apex predator and reduces the need for us to population manage sting rays?

Shazam!
04-05-2018, 12:15 PM
I have a simple belief. Animals should not be needlessly killed or be made to intentionally suffer terribly under any cirumstances. Animals should be killed as quickly as possible, whether its in a slaughterhouse or in the hunting fields.

MOtorboat
04-05-2018, 12:16 PM
you make a great point - we took away the natural predator from that area. Therefore in order for humans to live there - deer need to be controlled. Accepted.

So if you must think that the laws surrounding hammerheads are ideal - as that protects the apex predator and reduces the need for us to population manage sting rays?

I know very little about off-shore fishing laws. But my understanding is that hammerheads must be caught and released. He did that. No harm, no foul, and certainly no slaughtering occurred. Move about your day.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 12:16 PM
So am I a terrible person for killing a field mouse in my home that brings with it disease and eats all my food? What about roaches, they have a central nervous system too, should I just let them hang out with me and chill at my place because their lives are just as important as mine? If it is ok to kill them, what supposedly makes them different than a fish that I kill with the purpose of eating?

are the other animals that you support the killing off bring disease to you house, and eating all your food? If not, it is a strange question.

We all have a right to live and if something seeks to take that right away, we should of course respond. Is the fish posing a threat to you or your family? Thats what makes it different

But do you only kill animals that pose a risk to you - or do you kill/pay other people to kill animals for you so that you can taste them?

BroncoJoe
04-05-2018, 12:20 PM
All of the sudden, I'm craving a cheeseburger.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 12:22 PM
All of the sudden, I'm craving a cheeseburger.

lol - good for you. I hope you get cancer and have a heart attack - not sure in which order i hope this happens though.

MOtorboat
04-05-2018, 12:23 PM
lol - good for you. I hope you get cancer and have a heart attack - not sure in which order i hope this happens though.

You’re probably going to die of something you tried to avoid all your life. Good luck with that. I feel like living.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 12:24 PM
I know very little about off-shore fishing laws. But my understanding is that hammerheads must be caught and released. He did that. No harm, no foul, and certainly no slaughtering occurred. Move about your day.

Do you know lots about conservation laws or were you just happy to talk about them when it supported the argument that

a) its ok to kill animals
b) people who don't support the killing of animals are stupid

Freyaka
04-05-2018, 12:25 PM
are the other animals that you support the killing off bring disease to you house, and eating all your food? If not, it is a strange question.

We all have a right to live and if something seeks to take that right away, we should of course respond. Is the fish posing a threat to you or your family? Thats what makes it different

But do you only kill animals that pose a risk to you - or do you kill/pay other people to kill animals for you so that you can taste them?

I gladly pay others to bring me meat to taste. And I don't feel a single ounce of guilt for it. I'm eating a very tasty chicken breast at the moment, it is delicious and again, you won't manage to invoke any shame in me for that action.

That's where we are always going to differ. You have the right to abstain from eating meats, if it causes you guilt or shame, good for you, but anyone that thinks they can tell me that I don't have the right to sit down and enjoy a tasty chicken sandwich can buzz off, I won't hear any of it.

I love you Dave, but nothing you can say or do stands even a remote chance of changing my mind on that matter.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 12:27 PM
You’re probably going to die of something you tried to avoid all your life. Good luck with that. I feel like living.

i am not missing out on anything - i just don't take what wasn't mine to take in the first place

as per a previous post - almost all of our diet is exclusively habit and cultural norms - i have been vegan for so long i have my own "norms" and therefore no longer miss out.

I concede at first i missed things like cheese, and steak - but now, not in the least

BroncoJoe
04-05-2018, 12:30 PM
i am not missing out on anything - i just don't take what wasn't mine to take in the first place

as per a previous post - almost all of our diet is exclusively habit and cultural norms - i have been vegan for so long i have my own "norms" and therefore no longer miss out.

I concede at first i missed things like cheese, and steak - but now, not in the least

You're vegan? So no animal products at all? I thought you were just a vegetarian.

How many pills to you have to take?

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 12:31 PM
I gladly pay others to bring me meat to taste. And I don't feel a single ounce of guilt for it. I'm eating a very tasty chicken breast at the moment, it is delicious and again, you won't manage to invoke any shame in me for that action.

That's where we are always going to differ. You have the right to abstain from eating meats, if it causes you guilt or shame, good for you, but anyone that thinks they can tell me that I don't have the right to sit down and enjoy a tasty chicken sandwich can buzz off, I won't hear any of it.

I love you Dave, but nothing you can say or do stands even a remote chance of changing my mind on that matter.

i am not trying to change your mind. you are not even open to the idea that it is wrong to enslave, rape, breed and murder over 50 billion land mammal each year. most people are not. I get that.

The thing i like about MO and Timmy and Slims point of view - is that they are unashamedly ambivelent towards it, across the board, MO even once mentioned he would eat a dog if it was his culture. I do not try to change their mind as they are logically consistent - hell even MOs conservation argument makes total sense.

But equally when you make deflective statements like "but what about cockroaches" i am not going to sit here, and go "nice point frey - that makes all animal deaths meaningful, because you had a mouse and some cockroaches in your house"

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 12:32 PM
You're vegan? So no animal products at all? I thought you were just a vegetarian.

How many pills to you have to take?

zero - i have not had one supplement in about 3 years

MOtorboat
04-05-2018, 12:34 PM
Do you know lots about conservation laws or were you just happy to talk about them when it supported the argument that

a) its ok to kill animals
b) people who don't support the killing of animals are stupid

I know conservation laws in the state I live in quite well. I haven't seen an ocean in four years, and have only been to Florida twice. I know very little about their conservation laws and don't study them closely as they have little affect on my life. It appears as if it's illegal to harvest a hammerhead but it is not illegal to catch and release. Thems the laws and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Some animals are needlessly slaughtered. Very rarely does that actually happen in the United States where agriculture, hunting and fishing industries are highly regulated and poaching laws are enforced. The slaughter of species in less-developed countries, for example we're about to lose the white rhino from habitat destruction and poaching in Africa, is a tragedy. People who don't support the killing of animals aren't stupid, but they often completely misunderstand the reasons for why they are killed or how they are killed, and mistake that for cruelty.

BroncoJoe
04-05-2018, 12:36 PM
zero - i have not had one supplement in about 3 years

Ah. Gotcha. No wonder you've lost your mind.

MOtorboat
04-05-2018, 12:37 PM
i am not trying to change your mind. you are not even open to the idea that it is wrong to enslave, rape, breed and murder over 50 billion land mammal each year. most people are not. I get that.

The thing i like about MO and Timmy and Slims point of view - is that they are unashamedly ambivelent towards it, across the board, MO even once mentioned he would eat a dog if it was his culture. I do not try to change their mind as they are logically consistent - hell even MOs conservation argument makes total sense.

But equally when you make deflective statements like "but what about cockroaches" i am not going to sit here, and go "nice point frey - that makes all animal deaths meaningful, because you had a mouse and some cockroaches in your house"

"Rape" and "murder" are terms for human suffering. Quite literally.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rape
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/murder

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 12:39 PM
I know conservation laws in the state I live in quite well. I haven't seen an ocean in four years, and have only been to Florida twice. I know very little about their conservation laws and don't study them closely as they have little affect on my life. It appears as if it's illegal to harvest a hammerhead but it is not illegal to catch and release. Thems the laws and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Some animals are needlessly slaughtered. Very rarely does that actually happen in the United States where agriculture, hunting and fishing industries are highly regulated and poaching laws are enforced. The slaughter of species in less-developed countries, for example we're about to lose the white rhino from habitat destruction and poaching in Africa, is a tragedy. People who don't support the killing of animals aren't stupid, but they often completely misunderstand the reasons for why they are killed or how they are killed, and mistake that for cruelty.

I get your very specific conservation argument in your state. I acknowledged as much. I just don't think agriculture is as well regulated in your country as you think it is. For example more antibiotics are used on livestock than anything else, and cattle are exempt from most animal cruelty laws

Hunting in africa is deemed as conservation also - which is properly retarded!

BroncoJoe
04-05-2018, 12:40 PM
I don't agree with trophy hunting, but I love the fact that there are companies/people that supply me with eggs, chicken, turkey, beef and occasionally fish.

EDIT: I forgot pork and bacon!!!

I could really care less that we kill them for consumption. I would prefer if it's done in a humane way, but even that term is a contradiction.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 12:41 PM
"Rape" and "murder" are terms for human suffering. Quite literally.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rape
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/murder

and slavery was legal.

definitions change - the meaning stands.

colloquially
rape - forcing sexual contact on another
murder - taking another life

dairy farmers actually use the term Rape Rack

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 12:43 PM
but even that term is a contradiction.

thats kind of my point, and why slim, timmy and usally mo never get an argument out of me, because they at least accept and embrace that contradiction.

I find the animal lover who eats them to be the most frustrating and oblivious to the contradiction

BroncoJoe
04-05-2018, 12:44 PM
thats kind of my point, and why slim, timmy and usally mo never get an argument out of me, because they at least accept and embrace that contradiction.

I find the animal lover who eats them to be the most frustrating and oblivious to the contradiction

We only have cats, and I hate them.

Am I OK in your mind?

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 12:45 PM

Am I OK in your mind?

yes - i want to sex you

BroncoJoe
04-05-2018, 12:46 PM
yes - i want to sex you

OK. Maybe next year.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 12:46 PM
OK. Maybe next year.

deal

MOtorboat
04-05-2018, 01:01 PM
and slavery was legal.

definitions change - the meaning stands.

colloquially
rape - forcing sexual contact on another
murder - taking another life

dairy farmers actually use the term Rape Rack

Well, we're pretty much going to disagree on anything on this topic. Especially if terms like rape and murder are used when it comes to agriculture. I do find that stupid and absurd, much like your feeling that Frey asking about cockroaches was absurd.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 01:06 PM
Well, we're pretty much going to disagree on anything on this topic. Especially if terms like rape and murder are used when it comes to agriculture. I do find that stupid and absurd, much like your feeling that Frey asking about cockroaches was absurd.

my position is that all life is equal - different but equal.

When we forcefully impregnate a species, in order to drink the milk designed for their babies - i see rape as an appropriate word.

But don't let my terminology put you off making your argument for factory farming - call it artificial insemination and slaughter, because to me that does not change the context at all - but it might make you happier.

Freyaka
04-05-2018, 01:06 PM

Am I OK in your mind?

If you liked cats, I'd have to question your worth to society. I mean...more than I already do.

MOtorboat
04-05-2018, 01:09 PM
my position is that all life is equal - different but equal.

When we forcefully impregnate a species, in order to drink the milk designed for their babies - i see rape as an appropriate word.

But don't let my terminology put you off making your argument for factory farming - call it artificial insemination and slaughter, because to me that does not change the context at all - but it might make you happier.

I'd prefer not to make arguments for factory farming. But I will stick up for agriculture from the absurd.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 01:10 PM
I'd prefer not to make arguments for factory farming. But I will stick up for agriculture from the absurd.

So is factory farming bad?

MOtorboat
04-05-2018, 01:13 PM
So is factory farming bad?

It's not preferable. It's not a black and white issue. You can't answer that with a blanket "yes" or "no."

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 01:15 PM
It's not preferable. It's not a black and white issue. You can't answer that with a blanket "yes" or "no."

fair enough - i can. It is bad lol.

But this interests me -

what your thoughts on fur
what are your thoughts on leather

and why

MOtorboat
04-05-2018, 01:16 PM
fair enough - i can. It is bad lol.

But this interests me -

what your thoughts on fur
what are your thoughts on leather

and why

I think you know the answer to that.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 01:21 PM
I think you know the answer to that.

not sure - i presume you think fur is bad, but leather is ok?

MOtorboat
04-05-2018, 01:26 PM
not sure - i presume you think fur is bad, but leather is ok?

Kind of depends on where it comes from. Ideally we wouldn’t be extincting any species to get it. I know we’re not extincting cows.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 01:28 PM
Kind of depends on where it comes from. Ideally we wouldn’t be extincting any species to get it. I know we’re not extincting cows.

Mo - don't do that. Thats cheap.

But i will play along with you.

I think you are saying it is ok as long as the fur or leather comes from a sustainably farmed animal?

Timmy!
04-05-2018, 01:29 PM
We are busting out the grill and smoker this weekend at the future sister in laws place (1/3 mile away lol). There will be a bonfire and tons of booze. Meats include:

Salmon (smoked)
Burgers (beef and buffalo)
Brats
Bacon
Elk steaks (**** yes!)

By my count 5 different species. Take that nature!

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 01:31 PM
We are busting out the grill and smoker this weekend at the future sister in laws place (1/3 mile away lol). There will be a bonfire and tons of booze. Meats include:

Salmon (smoked)
Brats
Bacon
Elk steaks (**** yes!)

in addition to your ambivelence - the other reason i don't get into this with you in any other way than a jokey one is because of the brilliance of your posts.

PatriotsGuy
04-05-2018, 01:32 PM
in addition to your ambivelence - the other reason i don't get into this with you in any other way than a jokey one is because of the brilliance of your posts.

That and he'd kill you with a tire iron

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 01:33 PM
That and he'd kill you with a tire iron

and grill up a Valar Tube Steak - or freeze it, and then pleasure himself with it.

BroncoJoe
04-05-2018, 01:34 PM

Salmon (smoked)
Brats
Bacon
Elk steaks (**** yes!)

What time?

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 01:35 PM
What time?

after your bed time old man

BroncoJoe
04-05-2018, 01:36 PM
In honor of Dave, I'm eating a salad for lunch. I can hear the Broccoli screaming as I place the scrumptious morsels in my mouth and chew them up. Same with the lettuce and cheese (because somewhere a cow was abused to make it).

The chicken I also put in it was already dead, so no screaming from it.

Timmy!
04-05-2018, 01:36 PM

We can cook some black bean burgers for you if you want, but I'm pretty sure the beans we brutally torn from their homes, their kids had to be taken in by a family of peas.

Timmy!
04-05-2018, 01:37 PM
What time?

3-whenever we pass out/field starts on fire.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 01:38 PM
We can cook some black bean burgers for you if you want, but I'm pretty sure the beans we brutally torn from their homes, their kids had to be taken in by a family of peas.

as long as there is lots of beer and drugs - i will be there, and **** those peas

MOtorboat
04-05-2018, 01:42 PM
Mo - don't do that. Thats cheap.

But i will play along with you.

I think you are saying it is ok as long as the fur or leather comes from a sustainably farmed animal?

I’m not understanding what you think was cheap about what I said. I believe we can eat and use animal products with conservation and sustainability in mind. Moderation, like all of life, not extremes. Extremes cause problems. Also, I take some offense at you saying anything in that sentence was “cheap” when you use terms like rape and murder when referring to agriculture.

OrangeHoof
04-05-2018, 01:44 PM
Black bean burgers sound rather racist to me. Shouldn't they be "beans of color"?

Freyaka
04-05-2018, 01:46 PM
and grill up a Valar Tube Steak - or freeze it, and then pleasure himself with it.

I hear meat soaked in alcohol for prolonged periods of time is rather tasty.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 01:51 PM
I’m not understanding what you think was cheap about what I said. I believe we can eat and use animal products with conservation and sustainability in mind. Moderation, like all of life, not extremes. Extremes cause problems. Also, I take some offense at you saying anything in that sentence was “cheap” when you use terms like rape and murder when referring to agriculture.

What was cheap - was that instead of answering the question - you deviated onto another issue, that of species extinction.

Then you were cheap again - just then, when you re-visited the rape and murder comment (which although i stand by - i accept it makes no sense to you) so i acknowledged your objection and changed it to slaughter and artificial insemination

that is what was cheap - or if you take offence to the word cheap then at the very least it was poor form

MOtorboat
04-05-2018, 01:57 PM
What was cheap - was that instead of answering the question - you deviated onto another issue, that of species extinction.

Then you were cheap again - just then, when you re-visited the rape and murder comment (which although i stand by - i accept it makes no sense to you) so i acknowledged your objection and changed it to slaughter and artificial insemination

that is what was cheap - or if you take offence to the word cheap then at the very least it was poor form

I wasn’t deviating. If we can cultivate animals for fur or leather without wiping out a species then I don’t really have a problem. As we have a history of wiping out species or endangering species for pelts, then furs would seem a little more problematic. I don’t think that’s a deviation from my argument on fur at all. It’s the reason for the argument.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 01:59 PM
I wasn’t deviating. If we can cultivate animals for fur or leather without wiping out a species then I don’t really have a problem. As we have a history of wiping out species or endangering species for pelts, then furs would seem a little more problematic. I don’t think that’s a deviation from my argument on fur at all. It’s the reason for the argument.

i will take you at your word - however your post read like the species sustainability comment was snide. I accept that i read it in error.

moving forward can you confirm you are happy with the terms slaughter and artificial insemination?

MOtorboat
04-05-2018, 02:01 PM
i will take you at your word - however your post read like the species sustainability comment was snide. I accept that i read it in error.

moving forward can you confirm you are happy with the terms slaughter and artificial insemination?

Yes. Those are terms that are not absurd.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 02:04 PM
Yes. Those are terms that are not absurd.

cool - i am glad you are content.

So, you are happy with the moral distinction between wiping out a species for human benefit and keeping the species alive.

But why use fur or leather at all, when there are sustainable artificial alternatives - why subject a single animal to the experience when we don't need to, is that not something worthy of making a moral distinction

MOtorboat
04-05-2018, 02:07 PM

So, you are happy with the moral distinction between wiping out a species for human benefit and keeping the species alive.

But why use fur or leather at all, when there are sustainable artificial alternatives - why subject a single animal to the experience when we don't need to, is that not something worthy of making a moral distinction

Because leather is ******* cool, man. FTR, I own nothing that is fur or leather, but I have killed a lot of cotton plants.

BroncoJoe
04-05-2018, 02:09 PM

Don't those artificial alternatives damage the eco-system? You can't have it both ways...

MOtorboat
04-05-2018, 02:09 PM
That was flip (funny, but flip).

More serious answer: If we’re slaughtering a cow for food, maybe we should use the hide too. I’m aware that most leather operations are not this conservationally-minded, however. But we should encourage them to be so.

For example on pelts, coyotes kill livestock. They are a pest. There is a business here in Nebraska that harvests their pelts for fur while helping sustain the livelihood of farmers and ranchers. That’s a win-win type of operation right there.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 02:10 PM
That was flip (funny, but flip).

More serious answer: If we’re slaughtering a cow for food, maybe we should use the hide too. I’m aware that most leather operations are not this conservationally-minded, however. But we should encourage them to be so.

For example on pelts, coyotes kill livestock. They are a pest. There is a business here in Nebraska that harvests their pelts for fur while helping sustain the livelihood of farmers and ranchers. That’s a win-win type of operation right there.

would you be happy with the species extinction of these pests?

BroncoJoe
04-05-2018, 02:11 PM
Because leather is ******* cool, man. FTR, I own nothing that is fur or leather, but I have killed a lot of cotton plants.

You don't own a nice pair of dress shoes? How about leather tennis shoes? A belt?

MOtorboat
04-05-2018, 02:12 PM
You don't own a nice pair of dress shoes? How about leather tennis shoes? A belt?

You got me. My belt is leather. The Sketchers I wear to work are canvas. I don’t think my dress shoes are leather.

Freyaka
04-05-2018, 02:12 PM
Don't those artificial alternatives damage the eco-system? You can't have it both ways...

Yup, most of them aren't biodegradable. So you are trading one kind of "harm" for the environment for another.

MOtorboat
04-05-2018, 02:13 PM
would you be happy with the species extinction of these pests?

There’s no need for extinction. But population control? Get down with your bad self hunters.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 02:14 PM

you are right - forget it, lets just kill animals because some alternatives are not kosher!!!

But seriously - you are right, i think we should not accept anything less than environmentally friendly products either. I am capable about caring about both, and being unhappy with both the current options.

But i know the impact of animal agriculture is much worse than producing faux fur - for example ocean dead zones due to the sheer amount of pig waste that goes down into the gulf o f mexico

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 02:16 PM
Yup, most of them aren't biodegradable. So you are trading one kind of "harm" for the environment for another.

jesus Frey - seriously.

You word that like it is a check mate argument.

When you state "you wont change my mind" in an earlier post, what the **** are you doing back in here chiming in with this cheerleader stuff/

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 02:17 PM
There’s no need for extinction. But population control? Get down with your bad self hunters.

Why would we not make a species of pests extinct?

Why keep them at all, other than to allow them to continue to bread in order for us to continue to kill them - that makes no sense to me?

Timmy!
04-05-2018, 02:20 PM
Back in high school there were a couple farmers who would give you $10 for any dead coyote you brought them......and they would buy you beer too. Talk about win-win.

Freyaka
04-05-2018, 02:33 PM
jesus Frey - seriously.

You word that like it is a check mate argument.

When you state "you wont change my mind" in an earlier post, what the **** are you doing back in here chiming in with this cheerleader stuff/

And we're going to change your mind? If having an open mind precludes posting, neither of us should have anything to say.

Freyaka
04-05-2018, 02:35 PM
you are right - forget it, lets just kill animals because some alternatives are not kosher!!!

Everything is absolutes huh...If someone points out a valid counter-point, **** it, lets just kill all the animals.

There is no middle ground with you, it's either don't kill ANYTHING. or we are advocating just letting it all burn.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 02:42 PM
And we're going to change your mind? If having an open mind precludes posting, neither of us should have anything to say.

i have got plenty of history in conceding points and altering my view.

On the occasions where i wont (like tebow for example) i will leave the discussion otherwise it is just me going "you wont change my mind, but i might change yours" - you were very clear your mind can not be changed, then you appear back in here waving your pom poms for one of Joes points - the reason Joes point was stupid, was because it takes the stance that i can not oppose enviromental damage, unethical fashion industries and animal cruelty. All are equally abhorrent. I am capable of opposing multiple things.

However, animal agriculture is one of the leading causes of deforestation, ocean dead zones, anti-biotic resistant diseases and green house gases. So if i can only stop one - i would probably stop that. if i had to choose, Which i don't. This is not Hilary or Donald - i don't need to pick the lesser of the bad options to support.

Also for the record - MOs conservation example is hard to argue with (personally, i still disagree with it and think we should alter our life patterns around nature and not vice versa) but in the context of how we live, and the situation as he described it - yeah, fair play. Good argument Mo

BroncoJoe
04-05-2018, 02:45 PM
i have got plenty of history in conceding points and altering my view.

On the occasions where i wont (like tebow for example) i will leave the discussion otherwise it is just me going "you wont change my mind, but i might change yours" - you were very clear your mind can not be changed, then you appear back in here waving your pom poms for one of Joes points - the reason Joes point was stupid, was because it takes the stance that i can not oppose enviromental damage, unethical fashion industries and animal cruelty. All are equally abhorrent. I am capable of opposing multiple things.

However, animal agriculture is one of the leading causes of deforestation, ocean dead zones, anti-biotic resistant diseases and green house gases. So if i can only stop one - i would probably stop that. if i had to choose, Which i don't. This is not Hilary or Donald - i don't need to pick the lesser of the bad options to support.

Also for the record - MOs conservation example is hard to argue with (personally, i still disagree with it and think we should alter our life patterns around nature and not vice versa) but in the context of how we live, and the situation as he described it - yeah, fair play. Good argument Mo

I take extreme offense to this post and hope you die in a fire.

The reason my post wasn't "stupid" is you said there are artificial alternatives to leather and other animal products. Said products damage the earth, which could eventually lead to all extinction. If you believe what the eco-nuts say, anyway.

PS - your example of the pig waste in the ocean I'm not familiar with, however what I do know is any organic product decomposes and is "eliminated" relatively quickly.

Freyaka
04-05-2018, 02:46 PM
Well last I checked, an open mind wasn't required for posting, so I'll feel free to continue to interject when I feel appropriate.

Nomad
04-05-2018, 02:47 PM
Catch and release is legal in Florida for those sharks, and I've read the shark was released and swam away.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 02:49 PM
Well last I checked, an open mind wasn't required for posting, so I'll feel free to continue to interject when I feel appropriate.

ok mate. you do what you gotta do.

or you could say - actually dave, you are being a bit of a dik, but i take our point, I can't refuse to ever change my mind in a debate and expect my opinion to be welcomed back - maybe i should have backed away from that statement a little. But still don't be such a dik about it.

Buff
04-05-2018, 02:49 PM
Dave, you're wasting your time on this bunch of rubes. They are way beyond help.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 02:50 PM
Catch and release is legal in Florida for those sharks, and I've read the shark was released and swam away.

oh my Nomad - we are sooooooo past the shark debate lol, this baby has morphed!!!!

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 02:52 PM
I take extreme offense to this post and hope you die in a fire.

The reason my post wasn't "stupid" is you said there are artificial alternatives to leather and other animal products. Said products damage the earth, which could eventually lead to all extinction. If you believe what the eco-nuts say, anyway.

PS - your example of the pig waste in the ocean I'm not familiar with, however what I do know is any organic product decomposes and is "eliminated" relatively quickly.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/aug/01/meat-industry-dead-zone-gulf-of-mexico-environment-pollution this was a very quick search - first credible hit, but i have heard it multiple times before

Nomad
04-05-2018, 02:54 PM
oh my Nomad - we are sooooooo past the shark debate lol, this baby has morphed!!!!

Oh. Well, you guys carry on and enjoy.

Freyaka
04-05-2018, 02:55 PM
ok mate. you do what you gotta do.

or you could say - actually dave, you are being a bit of a dik, but i take our point, I can't refuse to ever change my mind in a debate and expect my opinion to be welcomed back - maybe i should have backed away from that statement a little. But still don't be such a dik about it.

I see some of the points you are making, just not in the ABSOLUTE EXTREMES that you are making them. You'll never convince me to not eat meat. I like it to much, I can't be bothered to care. I can agree with some of your points and have a conversation with you despite not agreeing with you. What I have a harder time doing is the all or nothing extremism that if you enjoy animals, then you basically don't give a crap about animals being killed.

I don't agree with animals being killed for sport when the remains are simply discarded, I don't agree with cruel ways of killing animals even when used with a specific purpose in mind. I don't like people beating animals or mistreating them. I have no issue with animals being killed to feed and supply meaningful resources such as leather, fur, ect... as long as it is not endangering a species.

Just because I have no desire to hear your reasons to not eat meat, doesn't mean we can't find reasonable middle ground on some areas surrounding this issue.

It's not all or freaking nothing Dave, that's where this seems to be breaking down.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 02:57 PM
I see some of the points you are making, just not in the ABSOLUTE EXTREMES that you are making them. You'll never convince me to not eat meat. I like it to much, I can't be bothered to care. I can agree with some of your points and have a conversation with you despite not agreeing with you. What I have a harder time doing is the all or nothing extremism that if you enjoy animals, then you basically don't give a crap about animals being killed.

I don't agree with animals being killed for sport when the remains are simply discarded, I have no issue with animals being killed to feed and supply meaningful resources such as leather, fur, ect... as long as it is not endangering a species.

Just because I have no desire to hear your reasons to not eat meat, doesn't mean we can't find reasonable middle ground on some areas surrounding this issue.

It's not all or freaking nothing Dave, that's where this seems to be breaking down.

Disagree, and you will never change my mind.

Freyaka
04-05-2018, 02:58 PM
Disagree, and you will never change my mind.

:coffee:

Slick
04-05-2018, 03:02 PM
I love it when people who give a shit about the environment and man's destruction of the planet he inhabits are called eco-nuts.

Freyaka
04-05-2018, 03:05 PM
That's cool, I don't have to agree with you to still think you are a moderately ok guy, even if an occasion hooker turns up dead somewhere.

#GoBroncos

#FTR

BroncoJoe
04-05-2018, 03:06 PM
I love it when people who give a shit about the environment and man's destruction of the planet he inhabits are called eco-nuts.

You know damn well there are eco-nuts out there.

No reasonable person wants to destroy the planet. We can't go back to prehistoric times though.

Oh - and what are you using to post on the internet? Do you drive a car? Do you use electricity?

Freyaka

I love it when enjoying eating meat means you don't give a shit about the environment. I can care about the environment and not want to destroy the thing that gives me life and still enough a steak every now and again.

Do you drive a car? You are harming the environment. Your house likely draws power, the environment is harmed to allow that to happen. It's not all or nothing. Just because I use power and drive a car, doesn't mean I don't think man should try and find better way, just because I like meat, doesn't mean I support animals being treated brutally.

MOtorboat
Why would we not make a species of pests extinct?

Why keep them at all, other than to allow them to continue to bread in order for us to continue to kill them - that makes no sense to me?

Now hold on. Moderation Dave, not extremes. Coyotes eat prairie dogs. They eat other animals, although a lot of the times they scavenge. They are a part of an ecosystem. You don’t want to eliminate a species from an ecosystem. 200 years ago the wolf and cougar population probably kept the coyote population in control and so on and so forth. We don’t live in those times anymore, so we must sustain our environment as best we can. That includes not making coyotes extinct while at the same time protecting the livelihood of ranchers and their cattle.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 03:08 PM
MO, you've disappeared. Hopefully you were with Joe when some tragic accident befell you both.

Anyway, it's my bed time.

You seem interested in preserving species, whereas I want to eliminate deliberate harm done to singular animals and the suffering they endure on an individual level.

You don't want to eradicate the Jews, because that's evil. You just want to cull their numbers and limit their impact on your environment.

Did I say Jews, lol, I meant coyotes.

BroncoJoe
04-05-2018, 03:09 PM
MO, you've disappeared. Hopefully you were with Joe when some tragic accident befell you both.

You seem interested in preserving species, whereas I want to eliminate deliberate harm done to singular animals and the suffering they endure on an individual level.

You don't want to eradicate the Jews, because that's evil. You just want to cull their numbers and limit their impact on your environment.

You are a sick, sick individual.

Slick
04-05-2018, 03:10 PM
You know damn well there are eco-nuts out there.

No reasonable person wants to destroy the planet. We can't go back to prehistoric times though.

Oh - and what are you using to post on the internet? Do you drive a car? Do you use electricity?

This is so stupid I'm not even going to touch it.

For the record, I don't have a problem with what went on here in regards to the OP. I don't think they purposely set out to hook a hammerhead. They did the best they could do in that situation. Let the shark go and hope the fight to reel him in didn't kill it.

Freyaka

Meat eaters are all nazis...nice Dave... Goodwin's law in action folks. (this is a joke BTW Dave, don't kill me like last nights entertainment)

MOtorboat

It’s Thursday. I’m at work. Also, I responded before this post, FYI. Where you at?

BroncoJoe
04-05-2018, 03:11 PM

For the record, I don't have a problem with what went on here in regards to the OP. I don't think they purposely set out to hook a hammerhead. They did the best they could do in that situation. Let the shark go and hope the fight to reel him in didn't kill it.

When painted into a corner, you typically bow out.

MOtorboat
04-05-2018, 03:12 PM

Also, this is flip and absurd and cheap.

Sleep well.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 03:12 PM
Now hold on. Moderation Dave, not extremes. Coyotes eat prairie dogs. They eat other animals, although a lot of the times they scavenge. They are a part of an ecosystem. You don’t want to eliminate a species from an ecosystem. 200 years ago the wolf and cougar population probably kept the coyote population in control and so on and so forth. We don’t live in those times anymore, so we must sustain our environment as best we can. That includes not making coyotes extinct while at the same time protecting the livelihood of ranchers and their cattle.

Gotcha!

Like I said to frey....i understand that argument.

Buff
04-05-2018, 03:13 PM

Sleep well.

What an ill-fitting set of adjectives you chose there.

Rick
04-05-2018, 03:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vXIdcA6mlV4

Freyaka
04-05-2018, 03:14 PM

Why is it stupid? He's right it's not like any of us want to destroy the environment. Yes, we absolutely should find a cleaner way of doing things. Until we find a cleaner way, do you propose we all live like Amish people and eliminate cars in favor of horse drawn carriages? Get rid of email and go back to postal service.

Each and every one of us enjoy something that damages the planet. To pick one thing and put it on blast while willingly doing something else equally as harmful is hypocritical.

That doesn't mean we should just stop trying to improve things.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 03:15 PM
Meat eaters are all nazis...nice Dave... Goodwin's law in action folks.

Hey, if the cap fits!

MOtorboat
04-05-2018, 03:16 PM
What an ill-fitting set of adjectives you chose there.

I am disappointed in you.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 03:16 PM

Sleep well.

if you hold my view, that we are not superior to animals - is the logical position to take.

If you hold your view that we are better than they are, I understand it's absurd

BroncoJoe
04-05-2018, 03:17 PM

Post something new and thought provoking.

TIA.

Buff
04-05-2018, 03:17 PM

I am on team Dave in this discussion. I just don't have the fortitude to live my values so will just stay in this hypocritical space for a little while longer.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 03:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vXIdcA6mlV4

Lol, Rick, you have posted twice.... Both times pure gold! I salute your videos!

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 03:19 PM
Right ladies busy day tomorrow.

I bid you adieu

BroncoJoe
04-05-2018, 03:19 PM
if you hold my view, that we are not superior to animals - is the logical position to take.

If you hold your view that we are better than they are, I understand it's absurd

We're not equals, that is certain.

You may choose not to kill a lion or other carnivore, but they sure as hell will kill and eat you if given the opportunity. Even if you're a vegan.

BroncoJoe
04-05-2018, 03:21 PM
Right ladies busy day tomorrow.

I bid you adieu

I hope you have nightmares that keep you up all night.

Valar Morghulis
We're not equals, that is certain.

You may choose not to kill a lion or other carnivore, but they sure as hell will kill and eat you if given the opportunity. Even if you're a vegan.

Again, if a lion was a danger to me I would kill it.

Again, it isn't.

Again, they lack the capacity to reason.

Additionally, they are obligate carnivores. We are not.

Buff
Lol, Rick, you have posted twice.... Both times pure gold! I salute your videos!

He really turned things around today didn't he?

Rick
04-05-2018, 03:22 PM

Trying to keep it light :) This 1 was from 1 of my favorite chick flicks. Yes, guys can dig chick flicks too...

BroncoJoe
04-05-2018, 03:23 PM
Again, if a lion was a danger to me I would kill it.

Again, it isn't.

Again, they lack the capacity to reason.

Additionally, they are obligate carnivores. We are not.

It's reasonable that meat provides sustainability. It's also reasonable (proven, really) that eating meat gave us that which you tout - reason and cognitive thought.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 03:24 PM
It's reasonable that meat provides sustainability. It's also reasonable (proven, really) that eating meat gave us that which you tout - reason and cognitive thought.

Do you use what was required in cave man times to inform all your decisions?

BroncoJoe
04-05-2018, 03:26 PM
Do you use what was required in cave man times to inform all your decisions?

No. Because I eat meat. Now go to bed you Bassa.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 03:27 PM
No. Because I eat meat.

That makes no sense lol. Anyway I need to go to sleep!!! Stop posting

MOtorboat
04-05-2018, 03:28 PM
I am on team Dave in this discussion. I just don't have the fortitude to live my values so will just stay in this hypocritical space for a little while longer.

Like I said.

BroncoJoe
04-05-2018, 03:28 PM
That makes no sense lol. Anyway I need to go to sleep!!! Stop posting

After you review this site for accuracy:

https://www.pri.org/stories/2014-09-18/glossary-scottish-insults

Slick
04-05-2018, 04:08 PM
When painted into a corner, you typically bow out.

Why is it stupid? He's right it's not like any of us want to destroy the environment. Yes, we absolutely should find a cleaner way of doing things. Until we find a cleaner way, do you propose we all live like Amish people and eliminate cars in favor of horse drawn carriages? Get rid of email and go back to postal service.

Each and every one of us enjoy something that damages the planet. To pick one thing and put it on blast while willingly doing something else equally as harmful is hypocritical.

That doesn't mean we should just stop trying to improve things.

Eco-nuts is a term used by a certain political party to paint those people as zealots. IE Caring about the environment makes you a nut.

I never suggested people shouldn't use electricity or the internet or any such thing. Me even responding to the nonsense that the two of you posted is wasting all of our time.

BroncoJoe
04-05-2018, 04:14 PM
Eco-nuts is a term used by a certain political party to paint those people as zealots. IE Caring about the environment makes you a nut.

I never suggested people shouldn't use electricity or the internet or any such thing. Me even responding to the nonsense that the two of you posted is wasting all of our time.

You should be aware of the people I'm referring to. There are crazies out there of every persuasion and "mission". Including the eco-nuts.

I have no idea why you took such offense to it, but whatever.

GEM
04-05-2018, 04:25 PM
Dave, you're wasting your time on this bunch of rubes. They are way beyond help.

Buff, you eat animals, get off Dave's nuts. :D

MOtorboat
04-05-2018, 04:31 PM

Gem be smart. Listen to Gem, Buff.

BroncoJoe
04-05-2018, 04:34 PM

Gem be smart. Listen to Gem, Buff.

Maybe, but Buff likes Dave's nuts. A lot.

GEM
04-05-2018, 04:36 PM
It's like....oh, the horrible killing of animals, it's just terrible. Oh you're going to good times for lunch? Get me a triple.

:lol:

BroncoJoe
04-05-2018, 04:39 PM
You should be aware of the people I'm referring to. There are crazies out there of every persuasion and "mission". Including the eco-nuts.

I have no idea why you took such offense to it, but whatever.

One more comment -

You realize a fricken large-ass asteroid hit the earth a few million years ago, destroying virtually all life. Hell - the moon was theoretically formed by another planet crashing into the earth. Shockingly, life still exists and we are where we are now.

But, man is going to destroy the earth. Gotcha.

Timmy!
04-05-2018, 05:07 PM
I, for one, have had about enough of Buff's coattail riding in this thread as he enjoys eating delicious animals as well. You're worse than Trump Buff!

Edit: Ha! Hadn't read the last page before I posted this. Let's string him up!

Buff
04-05-2018, 05:09 PM
We are a truly awful species and you all deserve to die horrible deaths in the jaws of wildlife. Not me though. #Righteous

MOtorboat
04-05-2018, 05:09 PM
I, for one, have had about enough of Buff's coattail riding in this thread as he enjoys eating delicious animals as well. You're worse than Trump Buff!

Edit: Ha! Hadn't read the last page before I posted this. Let's string him up!

Ok. I was close to saluting, but then you ruined it.

BroncoJoe
04-05-2018, 05:11 PM

I felt it was salute worthy.

BroncoJoe
04-05-2018, 05:12 PM
We are a truly awful species and you all deserve to die horrible deaths in the jaws of wildlife. Not me though. #Righteous

If the apocalypse ever happens, I have faith that you would be among the first to perish.

Timmy!
04-05-2018, 05:13 PM

I give bears, cougars, wolves, elk, moose, etc several chances to come get them some Timmy burger several times yearly. They haven't mastered the whole imposible thumb thing though, so it's rather difficult for them to return fire. I even sleep in a tent. Cowardly ass animals.....

Timmy!
04-05-2018, 05:14 PM

How?

And boy am i upset.

MOtorboat
04-05-2018, 05:17 PM
If the apocalypse ever happens, I have faith that you would be among the first to perish.

So, hypothetically speaking of course, are we talking like The Stand, or the Walking Dead, or 28 Days? Maybe Mad Max-style apocalypse?

aberdien
04-05-2018, 05:33 PM
I ate at a vegan restaurant yesterday so basically I am better than all of you.

BroncoJoe
04-05-2018, 05:35 PM
So, hypothetically speaking of course, are we talking like The Stand, or the Walking Dead, or 28 Days? Maybe Mad Max-style apocalypse?

Correct. I mean if an asteroid hits us, I think we're all in trouble. And, Buff would never stoop so low to expose himself to camping or wildlife, because of his pampered nature. So being eaten by a predator is kind of a low percentage proposition. He'd be one of the first killed in the examples you stated.

BroncoJoe
04-05-2018, 05:35 PM
I ate at a vegan restaurant yesterday so basically I am more stupid than all of you.

fify

MOtorboat
04-05-2018, 05:39 PM
Correct. I mean if an asteroid hits us, I think we're all in trouble. And, Buff would never stoop so low to expose himself to camping or wildlife, because of his pampered nature. So being eaten by a predator is kind of a low percentage proposition. He'd be one of the first killed in the examples you stated.

I think there’s an argument for him surviving some time in a 28 Days scenario. But he’s not surviving Mad Max. No way.

BroncoJoe
04-05-2018, 05:41 PM
I think there’s an argument for him surviving some time in a 28 Days scenario. But he’s not surviving Mad Max. No way.

I don't know. I kind of picture him like the helicopter guy.

Northman
04-05-2018, 05:50 PM

Already have been too late. But i still love sharks and they still need to be protected.

Dapper Dan
04-05-2018, 07:14 PM
Lol. That’s like saying you hope all these gun nuts get shot.

Freyaka
04-05-2018, 07:31 PM
Lol. That’s like saying you hope all these gun nuts get shot.

probably best not to go there lol...That's a whole nother heated convo.

Davii
04-05-2018, 07:36 PM
Just what in the hell is going on here in Bronco talk?

You guys are taking advantage of this kidney stone situation!

And yes, Buff would be among the early deaths in any post-apocalyptic scenario.

Carry on with this talk of Von Miller! Please though, no political insults, etc. It would be a shame to have to move this conversation somewhere some members don't go.

OrangeHoof
04-05-2018, 07:40 PM

If their answer to everything wasn't hysterical claims where the only solution is to rob the rest of us of our freedom and money, maybe we could take them more seriously.

Tned
04-05-2018, 08:03 PM
I ate at a vegan restaurant yesterday so basically I am better than all of you.

I had shark fin soup at lunch paired with a very nice Chateauneuf-Du-Pape 2008. Great lunch. Made the afternoon at work go much smoother.

aberdien
04-05-2018, 08:37 PM
I had shark fin soup at lunch paired with a very nice Chateauneuf-Du-Pape 2008. Great lunch. Made the afternoon at work go much smoother.

I hate wine on principle.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/lowres.cartoonstock.com/food-drink-wine-pretentiousness-first_dates-pretentious-waiters-forn280_low.jpg

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-05-2018, 08:38 PM
I get your very specific conservation argument in your state. I acknowledged as much. I just don't think agriculture is as well regulated in your country as you think it is. For example more antibiotics are used on livestock than anything else, and cattle are exempt from most animal cruelty laws

Hunting in africa is deemed as conservation also - which is properly retarded!

The Idaho Dairy Association requires milk shipped fromm dairies be tested for antibiotics prior to being dumped at procession plants. Dairy farmers will lose their entire tank if the batch isn’t clean. I know this because I worked on a dairy farm in high school (one of the hardest jobs I’ve ever had).
I can also tell you if people are discovered to be treating animals cruelly in Idaho (beating, starving, etc) their animals are taken away and they are prosecuted.

I don’t know how it is every where else, but that’s how it is in Idaho

Simple Jaded
04-05-2018, 09:13 PM
Thoughts and prayers to that shark.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-05-2018, 09:24 PM
😆😆😆

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-05-2018, 09:26 PM

It’s safe to assume if a poll was taken of ocean life they’re would be a vast majority who consider said shark an aggressive jerk, wishing his fate would have been sealed.

Tned
04-05-2018, 09:38 PM

All my responses would be P&R worthy.

Simple Jaded
04-05-2018, 09:42 PM
It’s safe to assume if a poll was taken of ocean life they’re would be a vast majority who consider said shark an aggressive jerk, wishing his fate would have been sealed.

Wait til they get a load of us.

Freyaka
04-05-2018, 09:45 PM

I hear the other sharks in his school are staging a swim out

#NeverAgain

Freyaka
04-05-2018, 09:45 PM

I hear the other sharks in his school are staging a swim out

#NeverAgain

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-05-2018, 09:49 PM
Wait til they get a load of us.

I don’t mingle in the ocean. I have a healthy respect for sharks and my lack being able to defend myself against one. They’ll never get a load of me, unless I have to relieve myself off the side of a ship.

Simple Jaded
04-05-2018, 10:14 PM
I don’t mingle in the ocean. I have a healthy respect for sharks and my lack being able to defend myself against one. They’ll never get a load of me, unless I have to relieve myself off the side of a ship.

Word! I’ve always wanted to surf but **** that ... because **** that.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-05-2018, 10:21 PM
Word! I’ve always wanted to surf but **** that ... because **** that.

Exactly

Jaws
04-06-2018, 05:25 AM
I have unleashed a posse to catch Von!

Nomad
04-06-2018, 08:25 AM
I have unleashed a posse to catch Von!

Sharknado 10: Jawsy's Revenge :D

PatriotsGuy
04-06-2018, 09:12 AM

I LOVE Chateauneuf-Du-Pape!

Davii
04-06-2018, 10:21 AM

I'm assuming this is a wine?

PatriotsGuy
04-06-2018, 10:29 AM
I'm assuming this is a wine?

Yes it is

Davii
04-06-2018, 10:35 AM
Yes it is

Are you just looking at things in the room and saying you love them?

Valar Morghulis
04-06-2018, 11:05 AM

My family don't drink this as it sounds to Catholic

Freyaka
04-06-2018, 11:13 AM
My family don't drink this as it sounds to Catholic

Dave, King has a picture on his twitter profile of him in a Broncos jersey, you should get that raider's trash out of your avy :D

Freyaka
04-06-2018, 11:19 AM

wayninja
04-06-2018, 01:25 PM
Meat eaters are all nazis...nice Dave... Goodwin's law in action folks. (this is a joke BTW Dave, don't kill me like last nights entertainment)

*Godwin

Freyaka
04-06-2018, 01:27 PM
*Godwin

Damn it...

wayninja
04-06-2018, 01:43 PM
I guess I'm the only one here who is considered (by some, but not here) to be reasonable and yet doesn't care about this planet at all.

Well, that's not totally true, I care about as much as AIDS cares about it's host. The game, really, is to survive long enough as a species to find another host planet to infect. I have confidence we will get there and leave this meaningless, desiccated husk behind us in our never ending pursuit to consume the universe.

Go team humans!

Valar Morghulis
04-06-2018, 01:57 PM
Go team hummus

Freyaka
04-06-2018, 02:12 PM
#TeamCoalPoweredCars

Valar Morghulis
04-06-2018, 03:17 PM
Dave, King has a picture on his twitter profile of him in a Broncos jersey, you should get that raider's trash out of your avy :D

Done

Nomad
04-06-2018, 03:18 PM
Done

Be sure to send North a jersey, too. :D

wayninja
04-06-2018, 03:27 PM
Go team hummus

Hummus can come along. As long as it doesn't interfere.

Northman
04-06-2018, 05:23 PM
Done

Oh look, we signed Blade to the roster. Now lets just hope he pays his taxes.

Rick
04-06-2018, 07:52 PM
Oh look, we signed Blade to the roster. Now lets just hope he pays his taxes.

Let's also hope he brought a sword because, well that would be bad ass.

Simple Jaded
04-06-2018, 08:03 PM
King is wearing Sloter’s #!?

**** that ******!

#DeadToMe

Rick
04-06-2018, 08:11 PM
Was Sloter on the roster long enough to get a number? :)

Simple Jaded
04-06-2018, 08:32 PM
Was Sloter on the roster long enough to get a number? :)

After everything he’s done for you? Smdh

Cugel
04-06-2018, 09:40 PM
I guess I'm the only one here who is considered (by some, but not here) to be reasonable and yet doesn't care about this planet at all.

Well, that's not totally true, I care about as much as AIDS cares about it's host. The game, really, is to survive long enough as a species to find another host planet to infect. I have confidence we will get there and leave this meaningless, desiccated husk behind us in our never ending pursuit to consume the universe.

Go team humans!

It's not at all certain that humans can survive on any other planets, even if they could get there, which they can't in any significant numbers, given the energy cost. Mars for instance may simply be uninhabitable because human cells deteriorate in any prolonged conditions significantly under 1g gravity. Astronauts have to be carried out of their space capsule after long periods on the space station, the longer they stay in space, the worse they deteriorate.

And the period of months is short-time compared with extended voyages to other planets which would last for years. Unless it is proved that humans can survive in significantly less than 1g for years on end, then the default presumption is that it's probably not possible.

BroncoJoe
04-07-2018, 08:52 AM
It's not at all certain that humans can survive on any other planets, even if they could get there, which they can't in any significant numbers, given the energy cost. Mars for instance may simply be uninhabitable because human cells deteriorate in any prolonged conditions significantly under 1g gravity. Astronauts have to be carried out of their space capsule after long periods on the space station, the longer they stay in space, the worse they deteriorate.

And the period of months is short-time compared with extended voyages to other planets which would last for years. Unless it is proved that humans can survive in significantly less than 1g for years on end, then the default presumption is that it's probably not possible.

You obviously have not heard of the Starship Avalon.

Cugel
04-07-2018, 10:48 AM
You obviously have not heard of the Starship Avalon.

I hope that was a joke. :laugh:

Some people think that type of technology is feasible today, but here's an article that discusses it. Even to create an interstellar ship would require giant research and manufacturing facilities be built in space to mine the asteroids and such.

Then power sources have to be invented and developed capable of powering such a ship. Then some means of shielding the passengers from interstellar radiation and impact with debris.

At the best that can be said for such an endeavor is this conclusion:

"So, the bottom line is that a spaceship of the magnitude and sophistication of Avalon (https://futurism.com/is-that-ship-from-passengers-really-possible/) is theoretically attainable; it’s beyond the reach of present technology, but there’s nothing involved that requires a contravention of the known laws of physics. All that’s needed is a space-based economy to support the construction of such a monstrous interstellar “ark,” and the large-scale implementation of space propulsion technologies that are already on the drawing board."

In short, if the planet pooled its resources, stopped wasting trillions of dollars on pointless armaments and spent it instead on space research and exploration, then maybe in a century or two you might get enough development to launch a giant space ark, assuming that thousands of overwhelming technical difficulties are somehow overcome.

This presumes you will find somewhere like earth for it to go, and nobody's discovered any place anybody would want to go, and such an earth like world may not even exist in our galaxy. Some scientists think earth like habitable planets are incredibly rare throughout the universe, and if that's true there might not be another in our entire galaxy at the moment.

So people might want to figure out where they want to go before they start out trekking through the stars like Captain Pike on the original Star Trek.

BroncoJoe
04-07-2018, 11:20 AM
I hope that was a joke. :laugh:

You can't be that stupid, can you?

Poet
04-07-2018, 11:46 AM
**** nature! Get sacks!

Simple Jaded
04-07-2018, 11:50 AM
You can't be that stupid, can you?

I’ll take the Over.

spikerman
04-10-2018, 06:29 PM
I’m proud of Dave for his point of view. Nothing brings a smile to my face like stories of hunters being hurt or humiliated by the animals they’re hunting.

aberdien
04-10-2018, 06:49 PM
Spikerman is a baller.

Poet
04-10-2018, 07:43 PM
Top of the food chain.

Nomad
04-10-2018, 07:51 PM
#hotdogsaregross

Poet
04-10-2018, 07:53 PM
#hotdogsaregross

Between you and Joe I've nowhere to go! :D

Nomad
04-10-2018, 07:53 PM
I’m proud of Dave for his point of view. Nothing brings a smile to my face like stories of hunters being hurt or humiliated by the animals they’re hunting.

How are you, spiker?

spikerman
04-10-2018, 07:55 PM
How are you, spiker?

Doing fine, amigo. You?

Nomad
04-10-2018, 07:56 PM
Between you and Joe I've nowhere to go! :D

We want you around.

Poet
04-10-2018, 07:58 PM
We want you around.

I've decided to conform to norms.

CK is awesome! Draft Nelson! WooooOooOOoohoOOoOOoOOoo I'm properly Bronco'ing!

Nomad
04-10-2018, 08:02 PM
Doing fine, amigo. You?

We're all good up here. Ready for summer. My daughter and I are heading to Louisiana for a quick visit (6 days). My oldest son will be passing through (PCS leave) on his way to North Carolina. Give us a chance to get out of Alaska, and visit family. My youngest son will be home for month of June. Stuff to look forward to, and hope the Broncos don't screw up the draft. ;)

Nomad
04-10-2018, 08:03 PM
I've decided to conform to norms.

CK is awesome! Draft Nelson! WooooOooOOoohoOOoOOoOOoo I'm properly Bronco'ing!

I knew you would come around. Welcome to the Nelson train!

Poet
04-10-2018, 08:12 PM
I knew you would come around. Welcome to the Nelson train!

Wooohooo.

I'm conforming!

spikerman
04-10-2018, 08:24 PM
I got selected by the Broncos to attend the draft in the fan zone so that should be fun.

dogfish
04-10-2018, 09:31 PM
I got selected by the Broncos to attend the draft in the fan zone so that should be fun.

nice one! are you taking the manning mask?

Buff
04-10-2018, 09:45 PM

Excellent, let's run down the list of who you will boo and who you will cheer. Have you decided what color to paint your chest? We need to get to work right away.

BeefStew25
04-10-2018, 10:15 PM
Spike can I suggest a classy broncos polo shirt? You wear a jersey and I’ll force feed you cow tounge.

Simple Jaded
04-10-2018, 10:23 PM
Spiker ... we’re screwed!

OrangeHoof
04-11-2018, 12:57 AM

I proposed that the Broncos auction off for charity a seat in the Denver War Room and a ball signed by John Elway and Peyton Manning. There would be limitations. The winner would not be allowed to text or tweet any information during the draft, cannot write an article or profit from the experience in any way, plus it cannot be a member of the media, either credentialed or not, so as to maintain the honesty and objective sharing of opinions that goes on leading up to the selection.

I would think the Broncos would get a sizeable bid from a diehard fan who just wants to be there when big decisions are made and would quietly sit in the corner and observe. And their desired charity would get a big contribution.

OrangeHoof
04-11-2018, 12:59 AM
Spike, don't show up in a referee's uniform. It may not go over very well.

spikerman
04-11-2018, 05:22 AM

No, I don’t seem to have that any more... sigh.

spikerman
04-11-2018, 05:23 AM
Spike can I suggest a classy broncos polo shirt? You wear a jersey and I’ll force feed you cow tounge.

I’m thinking of my classic white Randy Gradishar Jersey.

BroncoJoe
04-11-2018, 06:39 AM
Spike?

Spike!

Davii
04-11-2018, 07:06 AM

Ummmm..... well.... DAMNIT. I just realized it's still in my man cave. Maybe I should've placed it somewhere I go mor often.

BroncoNut
04-11-2018, 07:41 AM
ok - i am not posting this to inflame the situation, as i know you all love killing and eating animals as long as you think they had a nice life. (ok, that part was inflamatory - but tongue in cheek)

anyway - sharks as a an apex predator, keep other species in check, in the case of the hammerhead, i think they eat sting rays - or similar other creature that if overpopulated would be bad for the ecosystem.

The other thing about hammer heads is that they are slow to reproduce, so the population will take time to recover from previous overfishing/by catching

i am not a shark expert, but i did stay in the holiday inn once.
lol.

Tned
04-11-2018, 08:50 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNGGbozilko

Timmy!
04-11-2018, 09:25 AM

Psh. Rookie didn't have a tire iron.

dogfish
04-11-2018, 11:40 AM
No, I don’t seem to have that any more... sigh.

bummer. . . i can ship you the orange afro wig if you need. . .

:defense:

spikerman
04-11-2018, 04:53 PM
bummer. . . i can ship you the orange afro wig if you need. . .

:defense:
Maybe Davii will ship me the mask before the draft. :)

spikerman
04-11-2018, 04:54 PM

A classic that warms my heart.

dogfish
04-11-2018, 05:00 PM
Psh. Rookie didn't have a tire iron.

one of my grandpa's brothers punched out a deer in his backyard, when he was in his 80s. . . it apparently was fighting with his dog, so he went after it. . . he said it "kicked the shit out of him," but he got up and socked it in the head, and it took off after that. . . :laugh:

Nomad
04-11-2018, 05:09 PM
Kinda like the dude who punched the kangaroo

Tned
04-11-2018, 08:07 PM
A classic that warms my heart.

There's a great one done by an ausie with this and other videos, talking about the deer rising up, but a few too many f bombs to post a link outside of the lounge.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-17-2018, 05:19 PM
Von Miller Addresses Controversial Shark Video: ‘We Followed The Rules’

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/04/17/von-miller-shark-video/

Timmy!
04-18-2018, 04:28 AM
one of my grandpa's brothers punched out a deer in his backyard, when he was in his 80s. . . it apparently was fighting with his dog, so he went after it. . . he said it "kicked the shit out of him," but he got up and socked it in the head, and it took off after that. . . :laugh:

The only way to deal with plant munchers is to punch them in the face. It's science.

Oh hi Dave......