PDA

View Full Version : If Buffalo or Miami Trades Up to #5 with Denver

WARHORSE
03-31-2018, 11:53 PM
How much do the Broncos love the players at 5 if 3 QBs are gone? Say Browns draft Barkley or Chubb at 4 and Denver is sitting at 5 with Baker or Rosen or Allen left.

If Miami (Gase has relationships in Denver) wants to move up to 5 to beat out Buffalo.....and offer their 1st next year with their number 11 pick....does Denver jump? Miami has lost a number of good players this offseason, they could suck next year. Id take the trade.

Now if Buffalo offers 12 and 22 to move up.....do we do it? Or what if they offer their 12th pick and their first next year? They could suck too.

If this went down, who would the picks be then?

If it were me, Id trade down and begin stockpiling picks to truly build this team into a real dynasty.

Denver could still take a flyer on a late round QB as a roll of the dice and continue forward with Case, Kelly and Lynch. Wonder if Buffalo has interest in Kelly?

Simple Jaded
04-01-2018, 12:59 AM
Denver got the best player in the 2011 draft, they should do that more often.

Zierlein has Denver moving down with Buffalo and taking the ND LT at 12 and Zaire Alexander at 22. No thanks.

Poet
04-01-2018, 01:04 AM
Josh Jackson and Tremaine Edmunds would be my guess. Maybe Vea.

OrangeHoof
04-01-2018, 01:07 AM
The first question is how much they like Nelson because, in your scenario, he's still there.

Let's say they want to pass on Nelson, should they trade down and pick up a next year's first from Miami or Buffalo, it might give them the ammunition to trade up next year for a QBOTF they may like or need (presuming Keenum busts and Lynch/Kelly are not the answer).

If they move down to #11 or #12, they could probably have any other OL on the board besides Nelson with his teammate McGlinchey being the most likely. Yes, we have Bolles and Veldheer now but McGlinchey would give us a solid backup in both spots with a year to learn the system before he has to take over full time.

Let's say the Broncos want something besides an offensive lineman, I'd suspect any WR will still be on the board, most corners other than Fitzpatrick will still be there as a replacement for Talib, Guice will still be there and most edge rushers except Chubb and possibly Landry.

WOULD I take a trade down? Depends how sold I am on Nelson and what type of offers we hear. Lately, trading up for a QB has become more expensive on draft day than the fabled trade chart says it would cost.

Anyone know what QBs will likely be first-rounders next year?

Valar Morghulis
04-01-2018, 01:48 AM
i am not sure how good Gase's relationships are in Denver anymore!!!

But unless the team is set on mcglinchy and a cb (or similar) with 2 first round picks - i really want us to draft the best player available

MOtorboat
04-01-2018, 02:39 AM
1.) Gase burned those bridges.

2.) Why is Miami trading up?

dogfish
04-01-2018, 11:17 AM
i don't think there's any chance we pass on barkley if he's still there. . .

SmilinAssasSin27
04-01-2018, 12:03 PM
I like a future#1 over a 12 and 22 this year. As previously posted...if CK doesn't work out, we'll wanna be in position to take a franchise QB next year. No matter how bad Miami is, 2 #1s will get us where we would need to be.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-01-2018, 12:03 PM
And I'd jump on the LT from ND or Texas at that spot. Maybe even the UGA ILB.

UnderArmour
04-01-2018, 12:12 PM
If we're trading back, I want Calvin Ridley. Emmanuel and DT are only getting older, and McDaniels is seemingly the only guy to ever walk through our front office capable of finding WRs in the early part of the draft.

TXBRONC
04-02-2018, 10:52 AM
If we're trading back, I want Calvin Ridley. Emmanuel and DT are only getting older, and McDaniels is seemingly the only guy to ever walk through our front office capable of finding WRs in the early part of the draft.

I would take an offensive tackle over a wide receiver.

dogfish
04-02-2018, 12:05 PM

i would take literally any other position on the field (not kicker or punter, obviously-- they don't count) over a first round wide receiver. . . you just don't need top guys at that position, they're superfluous. . . look at the receiver groups in the super bowl last year. . . between julio jones, antonio brown, AJ green, deandre hopkins, odell beckham, michael thomas, TY hilton, and larry fitzgerald, they have zero rings. . . DT is the only top flight WR in the game today who has a ring. . . also, calvin johnson, chad johnson, terrell owens, marvin harrison, randy moss and andre johnson have a grand total of zero rings combined. . . you don't build great teams from the outside in-- wide receivers just aren't foundational pieces. . . you're better off investing your resources elsewhere. . . our current FO can't wait to stop paying so much for receivers. . .

underrated29
04-02-2018, 12:10 PM
Elway has always said that first round picks are QBs, CB, pass rushers, and T.....
Chubb, QB or trade down....

Buffalo will have to trade 12, 22 and a 2nd....Miami would have to trade #11 and next years first and a 2nd or 3rd rd also.

Im starting to think we move up to 2 for Rosen.

Rick
04-02-2018, 12:16 PM
How much do the Broncos love the players at 5 if 3 QBs are gone? Say Browns draft Barkley or Chubb at 4 and Denver is sitting at 5 with Baker or Rosen or Allen left.

If Miami (Gase has relationships in Denver) wants to move up to 5 to beat out Buffalo.....and offer their 1st next year with their number 11 pick....does Denver jump? Miami has lost a number of good players this offseason, they could suck next year. Id take the trade.

Now if Buffalo offers 12 and 22 to move up.....do we do it? Or what if they offer their 12th pick and their first next year? They could suck too.

If this went down, who would the picks be then?

If it were me, Id trade down and begin stockpiling picks to truly build this team into a real dynasty.

Denver could still take a flyer on a late round QB as a roll of the dice and continue forward with Case, Kelly and Lynch. Wonder if Buffalo has interest in Kelly?

Gase will have to move up to #4.

Gase's relationship with Denver is running up the score.

For that matter, if Cleveland takes a QB at # 1 which I think they probably will, I see them moving the #4 for a ransom to someone regardless. Denver more than likely will not have a QB to pick from at 5.

BroncoJoe
04-02-2018, 12:36 PM
Elway has always said that first round picks are QBs, CB, pass rushers, and T.....
Chubb, QB or trade down....

Buffalo will have to trade 12, 22 and a 2nd....Miami would have to trade #11 and next years first and a 2nd or 3rd rd also.

Im starting to think we move up to 2 for Rosen.

I don't think that will happen unless we can unload Lynch.

Plus, it would make King happy, which is counterintuitive to my philosophy.

Rick
04-02-2018, 12:38 PM
The Jets moving to #3 killed any chance we had if we wanted a QB IMO. I just don't see it.

TXBRONC
04-02-2018, 12:43 PM
i would take literally any other position on the field (not kicker or punter, obviously-- they don't count) over a first round wide receiver. . . you just don't need top guys at that position, they're superfluous. . . look at the receiver groups in the super bowl last year. . . between julio jones, antonio brown, AJ green, deandre hopkins, odell beckham, michael thomas, TY hilton, and larry fitzgerald, they have zero rings. . . DT is the only top flight WR in the game today who has a ring. . . also, calvin johnson, chad johnson, terrell owens, marvin harrison, randy moss and andre johnson have a grand total of zero rings combined. . . you don't build great teams from the outside in-- wide receivers just aren't foundational pieces. . . you're better off investing your resources elsewhere. . . our current FO can't wait to stop paying so much for receivers. . .

I agree, but the reason I singled out offensive is Denver's need and the availability getting one of the top two. Also the fact that Veldheer is a transition tackle just as Keenum is a transition quarterback and even more for that matter.

TXBRONC
04-02-2018, 12:49 PM
The Jets moving to #3 killed any chance we had if we wanted a QB IMO. I just don't see it.

I don't see them going 1,2,3,4. It only happens under couple of scenarios that involve picks two and four.

Rick
04-02-2018, 12:52 PM
Desperate times and the recent success of the QB kids.

I will be floored if they don't go 1,2,3,4.

TXBRONC
04-02-2018, 12:57 PM

I'm not sold on the idea that the Giants are taking a quarterback or that Browns going to trade the fourth pick. While it's never happened before, that certainly doesn't mean it won't.

Jsteve01
04-02-2018, 01:25 PM

You dont need running backs either though. Is Barkley at top 5 money worth that nuch more than Chubb or Michel in the second? I say no. As do th Kamara and Kareem Hunt. I just dont see the value in Barkley that high.

TXBRONC
04-02-2018, 01:31 PM
You dont need running backs either though. Is Barkley at top 5 money worth that nuch more than Chubb or Michel in the second? I say no. As do th Kamara and Kareem Hunt. I just dont see the value in Barkley that high.

I was just mentioning Nick Chubb in another thread. I would take him in the second round without blinking.

slim
04-02-2018, 02:35 PM

That has never happened in the history of history

Rick
04-02-2018, 02:36 PM
Neither has anything else until it did :)

Freyaka
04-02-2018, 02:42 PM
I really hope either the bills or dolphins leap into pick #4. What I see happening is QB's going 1,2,3,4 that way and then we can take Barkley 5.

BroncoJoe
04-02-2018, 02:43 PM
Neither has anything else until it did :)

Mind. Blown.

Rick
04-02-2018, 02:48 PM
Stay tuned, more revelations coming soon.

WARHORSE
04-02-2018, 04:13 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/02/will-browns-go-josh-allen-at-no-1/

If this holds any truth and the Browns do take Allen #1 and Barkley #4, then Denver will have one of the QBs....probably Baker or Rosen......and Chubbs sitting at #5.

I don't believe Denver will take Nelson. Its not a prime position.

While we are all focused on the QBs available, there may be some Chubb suitors who may want to get to 5 in order to jump Indy. Should that happen, Indy would be on board for Nelson or a DB imo. But who would be the candidates?

The next three teams are candidates. Tampa, Chicago and San Fran.

If we honestly dont go QB, Id want to take Chubbs or trade down and take Edmunds or further and go Nelson.

So the question at #5 is:

Baker vs Chubbs vs trade down

Rosen vs Chubbs vs trade down

OR

If the Browns take Chubbs:

Baker vs Barkley or trade down

Rosen vs Barkley or trade down.

My hope would be the Buffalo or Miami trade option if we arent sold on the QB but I wouldnt be upset if we took the QB if Denver is convinced.

OrangeHoof
04-02-2018, 05:44 PM

Barkley was setting records in the combine. He is an amazing physical specimen and perhaps the most worthy running back to be taken with a high pick since Adrian Peterson.

HOWEVER.... the shelf life of a running back can be incredibly short. For every Peterson, Frank Gore or Priest Holmes, there's a Ki-Jana Carter or Terrell Davis. It's not wise to take running backs very high in the first round because of the depreciation factor. Nonetheless, Barkley is a tremendous back and I would not be unhappy if Denver took him at #5.

Hawgdriver
04-02-2018, 06:22 PM
Barkley was setting records in the combine. He is an amazing physical specimen and perhaps the most worthy running back to be taken with a high pick since Adrian Peterson.

HOWEVER.... the shelf life of a running back can be incredibly short. For every Peterson, Frank Gore or Priest Holmes, there's a Ki-Jana Carter or Terrell Davis. It's not wise to take running backs very high in the first round because of the depreciation factor. Nonetheless, Barkley is a tremendous back and I would not be unhappy if Denver took him at #5.

It's a fine pick at 5. This is football after all.

Poet
04-02-2018, 07:59 PM
I don't think that will happen unless we can unload Lynch.

Plus, it would make King happy, which is counterintuitive to my philosophy.

It might cost too much.

WARHORSE
04-02-2018, 08:57 PM
It might cost too much.

Dont forget....we have the heir apparent to Buffalo Jim Kelly. Perhaps that has some trade value to the Bills as well........?

(If the Duke can sell it......)

Poet
04-02-2018, 08:59 PM
I love you, Warhorse.

Simple Jaded
04-02-2018, 09:33 PM
Yes, he is.

Simple Jaded
04-02-2018, 09:35 PM
I really hope either the bills or dolphins leap into pick #4. What I see happening is QB's going 1,2,3,4 that way and then we can take Barkley 5.

And then ... Championship. All that’s left to do is plan the parade.

#GreaseTheLightPoles

Poet
04-02-2018, 09:35 PM
Steve is talking about value? Steve, boy, you cray.

Simple Jaded
04-02-2018, 09:38 PM

My hashtag game is strong, Kinger, I’ma have to hashtag myself again.

Poet
04-02-2018, 09:42 PM
My hashtag game is strong, Kinger, I’ma have to hashtag myself again.

A running back at five requires him to be a top three RB after year two. On a team with no QB, a bad line, and what will be less than great but still good defense.

Yeah, man, let's go out there and be the second wild card team.

Simple Jaded
04-02-2018, 10:08 PM
A running back at five requires him to be a top three RB after year two. On a team with no QB, a bad line, and what will be less than great but still good defense.

Yeah, man, let's go out there and be the second wild card team.

I’m preparing myself for the inevitable, Rosen and Allen will be gone. Darnold too, probably.

I would trade up with Giants, even throw in the Great Case Romo to sweeten the pot ... but I doubt Elway has big balls like I do. He ascared.

Poet
04-02-2018, 10:21 PM
I’m preparing myself for the inevitable, Rosen and Allen will be gone. Darnold too, probably.

I would trade up with Giants, even throw in the Great Case Romo to sweeten the pot ... but I doubt Elway has big balls like I do. He ascared.

Stop dissing Romo by comparing him to Keenum. Romo proved time and time again that he was a top flight QB. CK has proven that at his best he's Alex Smith good.

Jsteve01
04-02-2018, 10:27 PM

I'll be completely honest every time I throw on tape of Barkeley all I can think is kijana Carter. And I'm not talkin physical comparisons it just scares the hell out of me to draft a running back that's so physically talented that high. Nick Chubb from a purely athletic standpoint is not that far behind Berkeley. And if he had not had the knee injuries he would be in the same conversation. There's no doubt about that. I know that's ridiculous but I also just can't see a running back in today's game as a top-five talent.

Again the draft last year speaks to Value. you can get value in the 2nd 3rd 4th 5th and even 6th rounds at that position. typically quarterbacks offensive line, and pass-rushers you need to go high to get. So if I could let's say trade back get the kid from Boston College as a pass-rusher, get one of the top tackles and then Draft take your pick Michelle or Chubb or any of those guys in the second or third round that to me is more value. Especially on a team that's talent depleted.

Simple Jaded
04-02-2018, 10:29 PM
Stop dissing Romo by comparing him to Keenum. Romo proved time and time again that he was a top flight QB. CK has proven that at his best he's Alex Smith good.

After everything Alex Smith has done for you? You compare him to a backup scrub talent?

SmilinAssasSin27
04-02-2018, 10:29 PM
I'll be completely honest every time I throw on tape of Berkeley all I can think is kijana Carter. I know that's ridiculous but I also just can't see a running back in today's game as a top-five talent. Again the draft last year speaks to Value you can get value in the 2nd 3rd 4th 5th and even 6 rounds at that position typically quarterbacks offensive line pass-rushers you need to go high to get. So if I could get let's say trade back get the kid from Boston College is a pass-rusher get one of the top tackles and then Draft take your pick Michelle or Chubb or any of those guys in the second or third round that to me is more value. Especially on a team that's talent depleted.

What's wrong with Carter? You do remember that his career ended before it began when he blew out his knee? He wasn't a talent bust. Just had a bad injury take his career.

Poet
04-02-2018, 10:40 PM
What's wrong with Carter? You do remember that his career ended before it began when he blew out his knee? He wasn't a talent bust. Just had a bad injury take his career.

Carter got hurt and was snake bitten.

In regards to the rest of Steve's post - if you believe that, enjoy selling anyone on a guard being a top five pick. ;) If Bell was redrafted he'd be a top five pick, pot be damned. If AP was redrafted, he'd be a top five pick, too. It's a hard sell, but not impossible.

Poet
04-02-2018, 10:40 PM
After everything Alex Smith has done for you? You compare him to a backup scrub talent?

I'm saying that CK is at best Smithesque. That's his ceiling.

Simple Jaded
04-02-2018, 10:52 PM
I'm saying that CK is at best Smithesque. That's his ceiling.

I know, I'm Mocking the notion that CK has that in his repertoire.

Simple Jaded
04-02-2018, 10:54 PM
Hell, gimme Alex Smith instead.

Poet
04-02-2018, 10:54 PM
I know, I'm Mocking the notion that CK has that in his repertoire.

I know. I'm just countering your mockery because I'm a piece of shit and I deserve to die.

Simple Jaded
04-03-2018, 12:19 AM
I know. I'm just countering your mockery because I'm a piece of shit and I deserve to die.

I love you, Kinger, if you should die ... I would be sad.

Valar Morghulis
04-03-2018, 09:31 AM
I love you, Kinger, if you should die ... I would be sad.

Why? Because you would then be the most vile poster on here?

Poet
04-03-2018, 09:33 AM

I'm not the most vile poster here - you're way worse than me. Savage beast!

Valar Morghulis
04-03-2018, 10:12 AM
I'm not the most vile poster here - you're way worse than me. Savage beast!

No chance, you are horrific.

Freyaka
04-03-2018, 10:29 AM

Why must you sell yourself so short Dave? You are at minimum as vile as Jaded and Kinger combined. Don't be so humble.

Poet
04-03-2018, 06:08 PM
No chance, you are horrific.

I'm just misunderstood.

Simple Jaded
04-03-2018, 08:37 PM

Challenge accepted.

Cugel
04-04-2018, 11:23 AM
1.) Gase burned those bridges.

2.) Why is Miami trading up?

Er, because their QB is Ryan Tannehill? It's actually harder if you do it Jeopardy style: "The answer is 'Ryan Tannehill.'" Q: "What is the reason the Dolphins will try and draft a QB in the first round."

The question is whether the Dolphins feel comfortable riding with a quarterback corps led by starter Ryan Tannehill and some combination of Brock Osweiler, Brandon Doughty or David Fales as backups, or whether they want a malleable rookie behind Tannehill.

Coach Adam Gase and general manager Chris Grier have said they want to draft a quarterback they can groom. This would be the year to accomplish that goal.

Tannehill has missed the last 20 games due to left knee issues. He’s impressed at times during his career, but the 2012 first-round pick hasn’t made a Pro Bowl or had a 30-touchdown season. It’s getting close to decision time on Tannehill.

Cugel
04-04-2018, 11:24 AM
The real question is: "who really wants Josh Rosen?" Because he's the one guy among the top 4 QBs who might slide out of the top 10.

underrated29
04-04-2018, 11:39 AM
The real question is: "who really wants Josh Rosen?" Because he's the one guy among the top 4 QBs who might slide out of the top 10.

YOu keep saying this I do not know why.

Rosen is the best QB in this draft class. He is not going out of the top 10. I for one would be more than happy to trade up to 2 for him.....Sounds more and more like they want mofield to sit a year but Rosen is not sliding out of the top 10. He is the best QB in this draft. I do not know why you think otherwise.

Freyaka
04-04-2018, 12:08 PM

Rosen is the best QB in this draft class. He is not going out of the top 10. I for one would be more than happy to trade up to 2 for him.....Sounds more and more like they want mofield to sit a year but Rosen is not sliding out of the top 10. He is the best QB in this draft. I do not know why you think otherwise.

Just Cugel doing Cugel things...

Cugel
04-04-2018, 10:00 PM

I don't think otherwise. I like Josh Rosen. But, all the talk in January was that he was going to the Giants at #2, and then all this negative info came out on him. His own coach just said that Sam Darnold was the guy he would draft if he were in Cleveland, and then tried to walk it back. Now the Giants appear set to take Darnold or Allen at #2 and the Jets are all in on Baker Mayfield. Rosen is sliding.

Unless someone is willing to move up to #4 to get him with Cleveland's pick he'll be on the board at #5.

Essentially he's more injury prone, and people have character concerns:

NFL Combine: The injury excuses about UCLA's Josh Rosen need to ...
https://gojoebruin.com/.../nfl-combine-injury-excuses-ucla-josh-rosen-need-to-stop/

Mar 1, 2018 - It goes with the territory. Although, when it comes to UCLA football's Josh Rosen, it seems the negative critiques are emphasized more than the positive ones, especially his injuries. ”His injuries are a concern.” “Can he stay healthy?” “I don't like how long he has been out due to injuries.” “Rosen holds on to ...

Personally, I would probably draft him at #5 if he were there and I had to make a choice, but then it doesn't look like Elway will do it. Perhaps Rosen's visit will allay some concerns, but really, what can he do to convince people that he's not injury prone. He's not as big or tough as Allen or Darnold, and he hasn't been as healthy as Mayfield.

Cugel
04-04-2018, 10:02 PM
Just Cugel doing Cugel things...

Typical that you idiots keep criticizing me without bothering to just use Google. You're incurably lazy, ignorant and judgmental at the same damn time.

underrated29
04-04-2018, 11:24 PM
I don't think otherwise. I like Josh Rosen. But, all the talk in January was that he was going to the Giants at #2, and then all this negative info came out on him. His own coach just said that Sam Darnold was the guy he would draft if he were in Cleveland, and then tried to walk it back. Now the Giants appear set to take Darnold or Allen at #2 and the Jets are all in on Baker Mayfield. Rosen is sliding.

Unless someone is willing to move up to #4 to get him with Cleveland's pick he'll be on the board at #5.

Personally, I would probably draft him at #5 if he were there and I had to make a choice, but then it doesn't look like Elway will do it. Perhaps Rosen's visit will allay some concerns, but really, what can he do to convince people that he's not injury prone. He's not as big or tough as Allen or Darnold, and he hasn't been as healthy as Mayfield.

The guy has missed a few games. Not like he went on IR year after year. We went through 3 qbs last year...does that mean Trevor, Brock and pax are all injury prone? Brady missed an entire season and is always on the injury report, is he injury prone?

Mora said it because Rosen does not want to go to Cleveland. Rosen said as much. He also said that Rosen is not the right fit for Cleveland. Tthe pats are interested in Rosen. They kno a thing or about qbs.

If Allen goes #1 Rosen could fall to 4 because darnold will go 2 and Baker 3. But I think the browns will go darnold at 1 and some team will trade w the giants for Rosen at 2.

Freyaka
04-05-2018, 08:14 AM

I'm calling it now (and I'll hate it if it comes true) If Rosen is available at pick #4, New England will trade up and grab him. They've been amassing picks to trade up and take Brady's heir.

You are crazy if you believe Rosen will slide.

TXBRONC
04-05-2018, 08:39 AM
I'm calling it now (and I'll hate it if it comes true) If Rosen is available at pick #4, New England will trade up and grab him. They've been amassing picks to trade up and take Brady's heir.

You are crazy if you believe Rosen will slide.

This is a real possibility, but I don't recall the Patriots ever trading away the farm just to get one player.

Freyaka
04-05-2018, 09:29 AM
This is a real possibility, but I don't recall the Patriots ever trading away the farm just to get one player.

I don't recall the patriots ever being on the verge of facing life without Tom Brady either. We're in uncharted territory currently. I'm anticipating a Gronkowski trade coming up soon, I don't see him going for less than a 2nd rounder. That would give them 5 picks in the first two rounds. That said, the Bills have a little more ammo than they do to move up and even if they are willing to, they may not have the draft capital.

Rick
04-05-2018, 10:38 AM
NE has proved more than anyone that you can find a franchise QB after the top 10 with Brady and Jimmy G.

I suspect they take a QB but doubt they trade up for one in the high first, they will nab a guy in late first or early second.

Brady will still be here a couple years at-least.

broncofaninfla
04-05-2018, 10:40 AM
As the draft gets closer I'm starting to lean towards Denver trading back. There seems to be good value in the mid first round for ILB's, OL and WR all of which Denver needs.

OrangeHoof
04-05-2018, 11:56 AM

NFL Network reported yesterday that the Broncos were bringing in Josh Rosen in the next few days for a private workout. He was also going to visit the Chargers. I don't think he'll slide from the Top 10. If any of the four do, my guess would be Mayfield.

OrangeHoof
04-05-2018, 11:58 AM
As the draft gets closer I'm starting to lean towards Denver trading back. There seems to be good value in the mid first round for ILB's, OL and WR all of which Denver needs.

In addition, a lack of *elite* players at these positions worthy of a #5 pick.

underrated29
04-05-2018, 12:30 PM
NE has proved more than anyone that you can find a franchise QB after the top 10 with Brady and Jimmy G.

I suspect they take a QB but doubt they trade up for one in the high first, they will nab a guy in late first or early second.

Ive heard they like Rosen, but they also have quite a bit of interest in Lamar Jackson. I would not be surprised to see them go for Lamar with one of their first and a T with the other.

TXBRONC
04-05-2018, 01:12 PM
I don't recall the patriots ever being on the verge of facing life without Tom Brady either. We're in uncharted territory currently. I'm anticipating a Gronkowski trade coming up soon, I don't see him going for less than a 2nd rounder. That would give them 5 picks in the first two rounds. That said, the Bills have a little more ammo than they do to move up and even if they are willing to, they may not have the draft capital.

This true, Brady is close to the end of his career, but Belicheat doesn't seem to panic. Imo to try and go from the 31st pick to the 4th pick would be dispiration.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2018, 01:13 PM
This true, Brady is close to the end of his career, but Belicheat doesn't seem to panic. Imo to try and go from the 31st pick to the 4th pick would be dispiration.

he only needs to go from 23 now!

TXBRONC
04-05-2018, 01:33 PM
he only needs to go from 23 now!

23rd is still a long way to do.

Freyaka
04-05-2018, 02:10 PM
23rd is still a long way to do.

Lamar Jackson should be there at 23. Rosen won't be, no matter what Cugel tries to tell us. They really like Rosen.

TXBRONC
04-05-2018, 02:16 PM
Lamar Jackson should be there at 23. Rosen won't be, no matter what Cugel tries to tell us. They really like Rosen.

I like Cug, he's feisty, but I don't see Rosen slipping out of the top 10.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-05-2018, 03:22 PM

I don’t know if they’re better at finding quarterbacks, or just the only team who knows how to develop them.

Simple Jaded
04-05-2018, 10:37 PM
Ummm ... Ryan Tannehill > Case Romo.

Cugel
04-06-2018, 09:24 PM
The guy has missed a few games. Not like he went on IR year after year. We went through 3 qbs last year...does that mean Trevor, Brock and pax are all injury prone? Brady missed an entire season and is always on the injury report, is he injury prone?

Mora said it because Rosen does not want to go to Cleveland. Rosen said as much. He also said that Rosen is not the right fit for Cleveland. Tthe pats are interested in Rosen. They kno a thing or about qbs.

If Allen goes #1 Rosen could fall to 4 because darnold will go 2 and Baker 3. But I think the browns will go darnold at 1 and some team will trade w the giants for Rosen at 2.

What's the point of refuting all this stuff? Personally, I don't know enough about all these QBs to be at all sure I could pick the best one of them. But, obviously Elway doesn't love all 4 QBs equally.

And at one point, the Giants were supposed to be selecting Rosen #2. If he falls past them it will start his fall. So, if Rosen is on the board at #5 do the Broncos take him?

Not unless Elway loves and trusts him, and that is uncertain. There are lots of questions about Josh Rosen, and no matter what his fans might think, NFL GMs don't like to take a guy they have questions about with a top 5 pick.

So, either someone believes all the questions about his durability, character and leadership ability are answered or they won't. But, it's not a sure thing he goes in the top 10. Or the Giants decide he's their guy and take him at #2.

The Pats probably aren't getting near Rosen unless they trade up into the top 10. Of course they could do that but it's a lot more likely they take a QB in the 2nd round or later in the 1st (they have 2 #1 picks) and develop him just like they did with Jimmy Garapolo. That worked out pretty well for them after all.

PatriotsGuy
04-12-2018, 02:50 PM
I would be shocked if Pats traded up and there is too much talk about them liking Jackson, I smell smoke screen.

Freyaka
04-12-2018, 03:41 PM
I would be shocked if Pats traded up and there is too much talk about them liking Jackson, I smell smoke screen.

They are saying they like Jackson now to cover up their absolute lust for Rosen. I dunno man, I just feel a trade up coming... I recognize it is absolutely NOT something that Billy B normally does, it would totally break character, but I just feel like it is going to happen.

slim
04-12-2018, 03:49 PM

They want you to think it's a smoke screen!!!

PatriotsGuy
04-12-2018, 04:51 PM
They want you to think it's a smoke screen!!!

!!!!!!

slim
04-12-2018, 05:01 PM
!!!!!!

I like Jackson. He is fun to watch!!!

Poet
04-12-2018, 05:12 PM
I like Jackson. He is fun to watch!!!

Is he a second rounder to you?

slim
04-12-2018, 05:16 PM
Is he a second rounder to you?

Yeah, probably. But teams always reach for QBs.

Poet
04-12-2018, 05:31 PM
Yeah, probably. But teams always reach for QBs.

If someone took him late first, how big of a reach is that in your opinion?

slim
04-12-2018, 05:35 PM
If someone took him late first, how big of a reach is that in your opinion?

Not much. I mean, if you believe in the guy, why does it matter? I like him, but Im not sure if he can transition. To me, he is the most interesting prospect in the draft.

Poet
04-12-2018, 05:35 PM
Not much. I mean, if you believe in the guy, why does it matter? I like him, but Im not sure if he can transition. To me, he is the most interesting prospect in the draft.

This is my favorite post of yours. I love you - you're my brother.

slim
04-12-2018, 05:37 PM
This is my favorite post of yours. I love you - you're my brother.

Lets bang

Poet
04-12-2018, 05:39 PM
Lets bang

So hard that Brady gets jealous.

slim
04-12-2018, 05:42 PM
So hard that Brady gets jealous.

What's your opinion of Jackson?

Poet
04-12-2018, 05:47 PM
What's your opinion of Jackson?

He's a late first rounder to me - and I like him because he thinks he can make it and wants to be all in as a QB. If he could be benched for a season, that team might get a really good QB.

slim
04-12-2018, 05:51 PM
He's a late first rounder to me - and I like him because he thinks he can make it and wants to be all in as a QB. If he could be benched for a season, that team might get a really good QB.

Im so conflicted on this guy. I like him, but not sure I like him like him

Poet
04-12-2018, 06:02 PM

I feel you.

slim
04-12-2018, 06:18 PM
I feel you.

What would your reaction be if we take him at 5?

Poet
04-12-2018, 06:19 PM
What would your reaction be if we take him at 5?

I don't know man...I'd be so shocked...I think the Nelson Nerds would die.

slim
04-12-2018, 06:27 PM
I don't know man...I'd be so shocked...I think the Nelson Nerds would die.

This draft is gonna be fun. Im going to Vegas with my buddy that week. Hopefully will be back in time to watch the first round.

Hawgdriver
04-12-2018, 06:37 PM
This draft is gonna be fun. Im going to Vegas with my buddy that week. Hopefully will be back in time to watch the first round.

Damn dude, this is how you give me notice?

MOtorboat
04-12-2018, 06:43 PM

Slim is just going to sit in his hotel room, anyway.

slim
04-12-2018, 06:46 PM
Slim is just going to sit in his hotel room, anyway.

Just me and some margarin and some Tebow hate.

slim
04-12-2018, 06:47 PM

Saddle up, brother. We are going for a reason!

Poet
04-12-2018, 06:48 PM
Slim, if by some miracle we end up with Rosen, you have to drink a bottle of scotch in my honor.

slim
04-12-2018, 06:51 PM
Slim, if by some miracle we end up with Rosen, you have to drink a bottle of scotch in my honor.

I will, but mainly to drown the memories of Jay Cutler.

Poet
04-12-2018, 06:51 PM
I will, but mainly to drown the memories of Jay Cutler.

They're nothing alike.

slim
04-12-2018, 06:54 PM
They're nothing alike.

Okay

Simple Jaded
04-12-2018, 11:05 PM
Ummm ... Jay Cutler > Case Warner

Cugel
04-13-2018, 12:39 PM

Everyone feels that way. As an athlete he's amazing. But, so much of his talent is running and that is simply not a sustainable model in the NFL. QBs get paid too much money to have him run around like RGIII and tear up his knee like RGIII.

So, in the end NFL economics comes down to "stay in the pocket because that's where we can protect our investment" and all these "mobile" QBs ultimately have to learn to be pocket passing QBs.

The Eagles are now talking about getting Carson Wentz to cut down on his running with the ball outside the pocket to prevent a re-occurrence of his knee injury.