03-28-2018, 10:45 AM
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/979019997338046464?s=21

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/979020762429493254?s=21

slim
03-28-2018, 10:50 AM
Finally someone who can cover TEs!

G_Money
03-28-2018, 10:51 AM
When you can't draft, you might as well use your extra picks for vets. Hopefully his concussion issue is mitigated and he doesn't retire again at 23. He's at a bargain price and gets some more young blood into the NFZ. For a 5th round pick and some third-day selection shuffling, that's not bad.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-28-2018, 10:52 AM
When you can't draft, you might as well use your extra picks for vets. Hopefully his concussion issue is mitigated and he doesn't retire again at 23. He's at a bargain price and gets some more young blood into the NFZ. For a 5th round pick and some third-day selection shuffling, that's not bad.

Did he play last year? Is he any good? I have no idea who he is.

VonDoom
03-28-2018, 10:53 AM
https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/979022742543523841?s=21

VonDoom
03-28-2018, 10:53 AM

I believe he threatened to retire, then was placed on NFI with post concussion syndrome. Supposedly he’s fine now

VonDoom
03-28-2018, 10:55 AM
So we move back slightly in two rounds and trade the fifth rounder we got for Sambrailo. Not bad!

slim
03-28-2018, 10:56 AM

2nd round pick last year out of USC.

Very talented and athletic. Kind of a WLB/Safety tweener.

G_Money
03-28-2018, 11:08 AM
Yeah he's a tweener. Rather than being a CB/S tweener he's a LB/S tweener who can cover TEs and RBs and patrol the middle of the field. He's a good player. I dunno if his heart is still in the game - he retired for post-concussion issues, potentially because he was mad at the Redskins, and rather than having him try to come back in and win the locker room back they moved him. He can blitz, cover, catch the damn football so he's not a stone-handed LB... I dunno how they'll use him, but I assume it'll be similar to TJ Ward before his fall-off.

Hopefully he can fill that role, but it's a relatively cheap way to find out.

VonDoom
03-28-2018, 11:18 AM
https://twitter.com/iammsuzy/status/979027807249432576?s=21

G_Money
03-28-2018, 11:19 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

chazoe60
03-28-2018, 11:26 AM
He's got my support because of the way he spells his middle name.I

Northman
03-28-2018, 11:28 AM
I swear our offseasons are like a monkey flinging poo at a ceiling fan.

MOtorboat
03-28-2018, 11:43 AM
This dude must have hated Washington, or the Redskins, or both. He's flat out celebrating on social media.

turftoad
03-28-2018, 11:45 AM
Just hope he's not a head case.

Ziggy
03-28-2018, 12:06 PM
He might be the bigget "head case" in the NFL. He skipped last season and was diagnosed with post concussion syndrome. He's been cleared to play by his doctors. He almost retired a year ago. One more concussion may just force him into that decision again. That being said, he's a very good young player when healthy, and he's under contract for 3 more years. For the equivalent of a 4th round comp pick, he's well worth the risk.

Denver's defense was dead last in the NFL last season in covering TE's and RB's. Elway just addressed the Achilles heel of this defense. The odds of doing that with a late 4th rounder in this draft were slim to none. Great trade IMO.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-28-2018, 12:15 PM
from article -

Cravens' agent, Peter Schaffer, told ESPN that his client will go to Denver on Monday to meet with team officials.

"John [Elway] called him up and told him how excited they were to have him," Schaffer said. "Everyone is positive going forward and that's all Su'a is concerned about now."

Cravens was cleared to resume football activities in late December after suffering from post-concussion syndrome.

The Redskins placed Cravens on the exempt/left squad list on Sept. 3 after the second-year player said he wanted to retire. Cravens was dealing with family issues at the time.

full article - http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22943048/denver-broncos-acquire-sua-cravens-trade-washington-redskins

Freyaka
03-28-2018, 12:16 PM
If he stays healthy, this is a quality pickup for us. Didn't cost a whole lot either so I'm all for it!

slim
03-28-2018, 12:18 PM
I'm sure King will be by shortly to complain.

G_Money
03-28-2018, 12:18 PM
https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/979041217752256513

That means Denver added a starting safety with a 5th round pick, a starting RT with a 6th round pick, and swapped a 7th for a 5th next year (along with Siemian).

Hard to argue with any of that. Just need the players to work out, but you can't say John isn't addressing needs. If he can be more successful with earlier picks this year, that'd be great too.

Freyaka
03-28-2018, 12:22 PM
I'm sure King will be by shortly to complain.

Followed quickly by Jaded. Because if I like something, Jaded hates it on principle.

GEM
03-28-2018, 12:34 PM
https://twitter.com/iammsuzy/status/979027807249432576?s=21

LOVE the enthusiasm!

dogfish
03-28-2018, 12:35 PM
it's good value for that price, because he fills a big need. . . i doubt we end up getting much out of him, though. . . linebackers and safeties make a living taking on blocks and hitting guys. . . how long before he gets another concussion and retires again? if we can get a year or two out of him, it's decent value for what we gave up, so no big deal. . . i don't really think he's the kind of kicking and screaming guy we supposedly want in the locker room, though. . . it feels like that philosophy kind of went by the wayside with vance here. . .

G_Money
03-28-2018, 12:39 PM
it's good value for that price, because he fills a big need. . . i doubt we end up getting much out of him, though. . . linebackers and safeties make a living taking on blocks and hitting guys. . . how long before he gets another concussion and retires again? if we can get a year or two out of him, it's decent value for what we gave up, so no big deal. . . i don't really think he's the kind of kicking and screaming guy we supposedly want in the locker room, though. . . it feels like that philosophy kind of went by the wayside with vance here. . .

Griping and mewling, dog. We've updated during the VJ years to griping and mewling.

GEM
03-28-2018, 12:39 PM
I'm going to leave it at it's the effing Redskins, who suck as an organization. They jerk their players around and they have one of the worst owners in the game. He's just happy to be out of that shithole, just like Cousins.

Freyaka
03-28-2018, 12:41 PM

From what I understand there were also some family issues outside of football that contributed to that. As I understand it, that is no longer the case.

Still a risk, but for no more than we gave up, it's well worth the risk.

GEM
03-28-2018, 12:41 PM
He's also already changed his social media to Denver.....Aqib's is still Denver. :laugh: :D

Freyaka
03-28-2018, 12:47 PM
He's also already changed his social media to Denver.....Aqib's is still Denver. :laugh: :D

I'm with you, chalk it up to deadskins being gutter trash...

Terrible organization.

Timmy!
03-28-2018, 12:55 PM
It's a cheap gamble for a big need. B+

Shazam!
03-28-2018, 12:57 PM
https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/979041217752256513

That means Denver added a starting safety with a 5th round pick, a starting RT with a 6th round pick, and swapped a 7th for a 5th next year (along with Siemian).

Hard to argue with any of that. Just need the players to work out, but you can't say John isn't addressing needs. If he can be more successful with earlier picks this year, that'd be great too.

So... you are saying Elway isnt an idiot who was intentionally destroying the team lol

dogfish
03-28-2018, 01:29 PM
Griping and mewling, dog. We've updated during the VJ years to griping and mewling.

lol. . . pretty much. . .

i am curious what their plan is for su'a. . . in a case like this, they aren't permitted any direct contact with the player prior to the trade, are they? i hope they found a way (tampering) to at least talk to his agent, but it's not like there's really much due diligence they can perform. . . i wonder if they plan to have him challenge a todd davis or darian stewart for playing time, or if the intention is to use him strictly as a sub-package linebacker. . .

edit; saw tweets from both renck and klis saying they expect him to compete with stewart for PT. . .

VonDoom
03-28-2018, 01:55 PM

i am curious what their plan is for su'a. . . in a case like this, they aren't permitted any direct contact with the player prior to the trade, are they? i hope they found a way (tampering) to at least talk to his agent, but it's not like there's really much due diligence they can perform. . . i wonder if they plan to have him challenge a todd davis or darian stewart for playing time, or if the intention is to use him strictly as a sub-package linebacker. . .

edit; saw tweets from both renck and klis saying they expect him to compete with stewart for PT. . .

Why be creative with a chess piece that begs for creativity?

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/979048141088489473?s=21

Poet
03-28-2018, 02:12 PM
This is splendid and I ******* love it!

NightTerror218
03-28-2018, 02:15 PM

I expect him to be the SS and Stewart will become backup with Simmons at FS.

Tned
03-28-2018, 02:22 PM

And, still with six pics in the top 113 (middle of the 4th round - first half of draft), including that all important 5th overall. Those six picks are in the part of the draft where you should be able to make hay and come up with either impact or role players.

Tned
03-28-2018, 02:24 PM

Who are you, and what have you done with our King???

This sure looks like the potential as a nice upgrade, whether in a full time or situational, big nickel, type role.

Magnificent Seven
03-28-2018, 02:26 PM
Who will be a starting safety? Justin Simmons or Su'a Cravens

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-28-2018, 02:29 PM
Who will be a starting safety? Justin Simmons or Su'a Cravens

It sounds like he’ll be in on passing downs and providing depth. But even if he were to challenge someone I don’t think he had the range on the backend Simmons does

Tned
03-28-2018, 02:44 PM
It sounds like he’ll be in on passing downs and providing depth. But even if he were to challenge someone I don’t think he had the range on the backend Simmons does

This, but it might also come down to who wins the job. You would expect Stewart to be the lock, but even he could potentially be beaten out in camp. That said, my thinking right now is that we would see Craven in big nickel type scenarios where they go with three safeties, either because it's a passing down, or going up against a dominant TE.

Tned
03-28-2018, 02:52 PM
Actually, according to the almost ex-DP Nicki J, Simmons is the shoe in starter and it will be Craven and Stewart competing for the other spot. At least that's how I read her take here:

In Denver, Cravens will essentially help to fill a void left by Ward, who was a thumper on the back end of the defense. Cravens will vie for a starting safety job with veteran Darian Stewart, who has a fully guaranteed salary of $4.5 million for 2018, and compete with Will Parks as the Broncos’ nickel linebacker. Third-year safety Justin Simmons will assume the other safety spot.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/03/28/sua-cravens-denver-broncos-trade-from-washington-redskins/

OrangeHoof
03-28-2018, 03:03 PM
I swear our offseasons are like a monkey flinging poo at a ceiling fan.

I'm glad the Broncos get five months for their fans to forget how we acquired some of these guys. Okay, Fanspeak drafters, back to the drawing boards...

OrangeHoof
03-28-2018, 03:11 PM

Players taken in fifth round and under have less than 50% chance of becoming a starter or panning out at all. In that sense, using them to bring in people who are guaranteed to make the club is a smart percentage move. Thanks to UDFAs, you can always get depth for special teams and training camp.

Freyaka
03-28-2018, 03:17 PM

Horray! We made King happy! Go Broncos! :D

Poet
03-28-2018, 03:32 PM
Horray! We made King happy! Go Broncos! :D

Kid has shown he's pretty good (thus far) and he fills a need for cheap. He's definitely got the physical talent - he might be a headcase, but he's also coming from one of the worst ran franchises in the entirety of the NFL. That doesn't make it any easier. You can keep an appease a problem child for awhile, and the value we get, even if we have to cut him, is so potentially high that it's worth it. The retirement talk is scary, but he looks like he's all in this year. I suspect that he will be a very productive player for us this season as he has a chip on his shoulder and wants to prove Washington wrong. The problems are more likely to resurface/begin here in year two. But, for that contract, and that ability, and that cost, it's gravy.

GEM
03-28-2018, 04:13 PM
This, but it might also come down to who wins the job. You would expect Stewart to be the lock, but even he could potentially be beaten out in camp. That said, my thinking right now is that we would see Craven in big nickel type scenarios where they go with three safeties, either because it's a passing down, or going up against a dominant TE.

Stewart showed some slowdown last season so who knows. Craven is young enough that he could back Stewart for a year and then take over. I think Stewart's contract is up next season.

aberdien
03-28-2018, 05:09 PM
He seems like a badass.

wayninja
03-28-2018, 05:33 PM
It's a gamble (albeit a rather cheap one). He has all the physical tools to be awesome. But he has to actually want to do it and he's shown a startling ability to give up.

You can say it's because the Redskins are a shitty organization, and that's a fair point. But the difference between Cousins and Cravens is that Cousins gave it his all and actually wanted to compete, shit organization or not.

I just hope his tantrum was a one off. We'll see.

atwater27
03-28-2018, 07:05 PM
Seems like a spectacular athlete. He should ball hard for us. His size scares me if we use him at linebacker though. He could get injured/concussed very easily by pulling guards and blocking tight ends.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-28-2018, 07:11 PM
I'll allow it

tomjonesrocks
03-28-2018, 08:08 PM
Calculated risks with this and Veldheer - but I feel like Elway is having a quietly good offseason. I’m a little higher than most on Keenum though.

If only didn’t have such a low opinion of VJ. It’s to the point where any interview I hear of his makes me dislike him more. That’s a different thread though. :(

OrangeHoof
03-28-2018, 08:47 PM
Cravens ought to at least be better than his brother, Wes. That guy was a total disaster.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-28-2018, 08:49 PM
Cravens ought to at least be better than his brother, Wes. That guy was a total disaster.

A total nightmare

Simple Jaded
03-28-2018, 08:53 PM
Su’a Cravens > Wes Cravens > Todd Davis.

FanInAZ
03-28-2018, 09:35 PM

Actually, if I was a GM, I'd rather trade all of my draft picks for young proven veterans. Trying to guess what collage superstar is actually going to make it in the NFL is something very few GMs seem to be any good at.

Elevation inc
03-29-2018, 02:00 AM
I like the trade, to me this was a good way to address our lack of coverage ability from the ILB and SS spot against RB's and TE's in Nickel and Dime formations. Stewart absolutely had a drop off last year as well, so having someone with talent challenge him for play time is a good thing. In the end though I believe its parks that will suffer if Stewart responds well to this trade. I like having a Stewart, Cravens, Simmons Nickel lineup with Harris and Roby outside. I can def get behind that. I really think this addressed the coverage void we had in our nickel and dime packages last year.

MOtorboat
03-29-2018, 02:06 AM
Su’a Cravens > Wes Cravens > Todd Davis.

Whoa. WHOOOOOOAAAAAA.

Wes Cravens doesn't deserve this shade.

Simple Jaded
03-29-2018, 10:32 PM
Whoa. WHOOOOOOAAAAAA.

Wes Cravens doesn't deserve this shade.

Perhaps I’ve graded him a bit harsh, I just expect more from him than Davis.

Cugel
03-30-2018, 08:22 PM
Perhaps I’ve graded him a bit harsh, I just expect more from him than Davis.

Don't give me that! We all know how awesome Todd Davis is at covering tight ends over the middle! I mean the way he shut down Gronkowski, allowing the Broncos to crush the Patriots in last years' game was der awesome! :blah:

Cugel
03-30-2018, 08:23 PM
Have any of you heard why the Broncos re-signed Todd Davis? Cause I got nothing. :confused:

Simple Jaded
03-30-2018, 08:39 PM
Have any of you heard why the Broncos re-signed Todd Davis? Cause I got nothing. :confused:

He’s got pictures, it’s the only explanation.

Poet
03-30-2018, 08:42 PM

He should be a Patriot with his deception skills.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-30-2018, 08:49 PM

Because we can’t field 10 guys. It’s all I got

Cugel
03-31-2018, 06:44 PM

You think he's got pictures of Elway and somebody's wife? Or is it VJ's wife?

Simple Jaded
03-31-2018, 10:07 PM
You think he's got pictures of Elway and somebody's wife? Or is it VJ's wife?

Worse, we’re talking matters of national security, it’s that deep.

Valar Morghulis
04-01-2018, 01:49 AM
I am loving this Cravens dude - his instagram is worth a follow!

to all those hoping he was not a head case - unlucky.

dogfish
04-01-2018, 02:53 AM
I am loving this Cravens dude - his instagram is worth a follow!

to all those hoping he was not a head case - unlucky.

head case is fine, as long as he's not getting arrested and dumb shit like that. . . crazy on the field can be good, especially on defense. . . it has to be an at least semi-controlled rage, though. . . you can't have an idiot running amok taking stupid penalties left and right. . . if we're being honest, that was the beauty of the '15 defense. . . they knew how to play right up to the edge of the line and just a little past, but then dial it back after the first personal foul. . . but TJ, malik, and aqib were all guys who would rather fight somebody than lose, and we have been missing that mentality. . . "kicking and screaming". . . elway brought ward and talib here for a reason-- because our soft-ass offensive powerhouse got their d!$ks knocked in the dirt by a physical seattle bully. . . i don't mind if the duke wants to move on from the older models. . . i just hope he still remembers why he wanted them in the first place. . . it would be nice if cravens brings a little nasty. . .

Poet
04-01-2018, 09:57 AM
I just hope he refers to himself in the third person and imitates Rock the Dwayne Johnson.

Davii
04-01-2018, 12:49 PM
I just hope he refers to himself in the third person and imitates Rock the Dwayne Johnson.

What if he imitates Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson instead? Still cool?

Poet
04-01-2018, 01:25 PM
What if he imitates Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson instead? Still cool?

This is what happens when you divide by zero!

dogfish
04-01-2018, 02:22 PM
more on cravens. . .

He is 6-foot-1 and most often listed at 225 pounds, although his body type is best etched in pencil than print.

“I’m about 217 now,’’ he said. “A couple months ago, I was 190. I played 235 as a freshman safety in college. So, whatever they want me at, I can get there.’’

“I’m a strong safety,’’ he said. “That’s what they told me I’m going to be. On third downs I’ll be playing dime linebacker.’’
http://www.9news.com/article/sports/suas-message-to-broncos-country-give-me-chance-to-show-type-of-football-player-and-man-i-am/73-533841402

:defense:

TXBRONC
04-02-2018, 10:57 AM

I thought the go to explanation in these situations is that it's science? :confused:

TXBRONC
04-02-2018, 11:09 AM
more on cravens. . .

http://www.9news.com/article/sports/suas-message-to-broncos-country-give-me-chance-to-show-type-of-football-player-and-man-i-am/73-533841402

I kind of doubt they'll want he to weigh 235 lbs. I know of only one safety in who was ever that big, and played more than two decades ago. Anyway if he stay healthy it's sounds like we have someone who can knock the chocolate out of opposing players.

VonDoom
04-02-2018, 12:43 PM
https://twitter.com/troyrenck/status/980854984299483136?s=21

Rick
04-02-2018, 12:55 PM
more on cravens. . .

Say it isn't so...a coverage LBer...no way.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-02-2018, 02:56 PM
Cravens welcomes a fresh start with Broncos
Safety Su'a Cravens describes why he believes the Broncos were the best team for him to have a fresh start in 2018.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Cravens-welcomes-a-fresh-start-with-Broncos/2627c7fd-4343-40ca-9f10-eab00c2a5d4c

dogfish
04-02-2018, 03:15 PM
Say it isn't so...a coverage LBer...no way.

crazy idea, huh?

Simple Jaded
04-02-2018, 10:31 PM
crazy idea, huh?

Which means he’ll play S while Todd Davis get all the snaps at ILB.

Simple Jaded
04-02-2018, 10:33 PM
I thought the go to explanation in these situations is that it's science? :confused:

No, science makes sense.

Simple Jaded
04-02-2018, 10:35 PM
This is what happens when you divide by zero!

Don’t forget to carry the 1.

Hawgdriver
04-02-2018, 10:59 PM

You got this, Todd.

Simple Jaded
04-03-2018, 12:22 AM
You got this, Todd.

You know what Todd Davis gots? Pictures. Of somebody.

TXBRONC
04-03-2018, 06:39 AM
No, science makes sense.

It makes sense to me why the re-signed him. So it is science. :D

TXBRONC
04-03-2018, 06:40 AM

Having pictures of you didn't get him re-signed. :heh:

Cugel
04-04-2018, 11:46 AM

On first and second down, and then on 3rd down he comes in and covers the TE or RB out of the backfield. But, QBs are smart and will hurry up to the line to prevent substitutions like that, so, once again, the Broncos will be stuck with Todd Davis on a TE like Gronkowski. :coffee:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-04-2018, 12:13 PM
He’s also got Marshall’s gap.

Freyaka
04-04-2018, 12:18 PM

Did he ever play for Jeff Fischer? That's a Jeff Fischer tactic.

dogfish
04-04-2018, 09:15 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/NFLN-Broncos-got-a-bargain-deal-for-safety-Sua-Cravens/25b8d743-9cba-4b2f-9d9e-61df05e0c91d

Denver Native (Carol)
04-14-2018, 03:36 PM
Let's Talk Sports | Su'a Cravens Pt. 1

Vic poses as an Uber driver for newly signed Denver Bronco Su'a Cravens.

http://www.altitudesports.com/videos/lets-talk-sports-sua-cravens-pt-1/

Let's Talk Sports | Su'a Cravens Pt. 2

Vic poses as an Uber driver for newly signed Bronco Su'a Cravens.

http://www.altitudesports.com/videos/lets-talk-sports-sua-cravens-pt-2/

SmilinAssasSin27
04-14-2018, 03:39 PM
He's also apparently attempting to recruit Dez Bryant.

Nomad
04-14-2018, 03:54 PM

This is the first I've heard of him too. I hope he works out, and brings a little attitude to the secondary.

Simple Jaded
04-14-2018, 05:47 PM
Did he ever play for Jeff Fischer? That's a Jeff Fischer tactic.

No, you’re probably thinking the P*triots and it was (still is) videos, not just pictures.

dogfish
04-14-2018, 05:50 PM
He's also apparently attempting to recruit Dez Bryant.

someone tell him hell no!

Nomad
04-14-2018, 05:55 PM

Though I think Dez is a prima donna the Broncos don't need, we'd all be cheering him on after his first touchdown.

Simple Jaded
04-14-2018, 06:09 PM

Hold on, pump the brakes.

You ever seen him throw the football?

Davii
04-14-2018, 06:51 PM
Though I think Dez is a prima donna the Broncos don't need, we'd all be cheering him on after his first touchdown.

Not with how much shit everyone gives DT. First drop, first whiny bitch moment and 90% of the board would be calling for his, and Elway's, heads.

Simple Jaded
04-14-2018, 06:59 PM
Not with how much shit everyone gives DT. First drop, first whiny bitch moment and 90% of the board would be calling for his, and Elway's, heads.

Sold!

Bring him in.

Simple Jaded
04-14-2018, 07:01 PM
I’d actually feel sorry for CK/VJ with both ES and Dez Bryant.

What am I saying? Let’s do this shit, sign him!

Nomad
04-14-2018, 07:05 PM

Does Dez have the dropsies?

Poet
04-14-2018, 07:09 PM
Does Dez have the dropsies?

Yes.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-14-2018, 10:39 PM
I’d love to have Dez. I’ve always enjoyed his competitive attitude

Davii
04-14-2018, 10:49 PM
I’d love to have Dez. I’ve always enjoyed his competitive attitude

If there were no salary cap I'd agree. But having DT, Dez, and Emmanuel would have us paying the most of any team for our WRs, and that without a clear cut answer at QB.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-14-2018, 11:44 PM
If there were no salary cap I'd agree. But having DT, Dez, and Emmanuel would have us paying the most of any team for our WRs, and that without a clear cut answer at QB.

Yeah, someone else will pay him more than what we can afford

Simple Jaded
04-14-2018, 11:49 PM
You could argue that Bryant’s attitude is exactly what this offense needs.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-14-2018, 11:58 PM

The thought did cross my mind. Sanders tries, but he doesn’t have the game to back it up.

Davii
04-15-2018, 12:30 AM

I would argue a QB and an OL is what this offense needs

dogfish
04-15-2018, 12:32 AM

oh, sure. . . i'll cheer for pretty much anyone who wears the orange and blue, as long as he's not a woman-beater or a child molester. . . that doesn't mean i want any part of dez being anywhere near here, though. . . he's all of TOs attitude with half the talent, and he doesn't have the game to age well-- as his badly dropping stats indicate. . . with DT and sander eating up a huge chunk of cap, a slow, aging and expensive receiver isn't anywhere on our list of needs. . . this franchise BADLY needs some inexpensive, young, FAST pass catchers. . .

besides, if VJ couldn't handle talib, don't tell me he can handle dez, who's five times more immature and fifty times more volatile. . .

dogfish
04-15-2018, 12:40 AM

a petulant baby who throws temper tantrums on the sideline over his targets-- even if they're up two TDs-- is most definitely not what this offense needs. . . :lol:

dez is very physical, and plays with a lot of passion-- i'll give him that. . . he's also completely disruptive and out of control, basically always. . . i wouldn't have cared about him having the mind of a nine-year-old when his legs were still 25, but he no longer has the talent to compensate for the headaches. . . when jerry jones won't deal with him anymore, you know his best days are long past. . .

The thought did cross my mind. Sanders tries, but he doesn’t have the game to back it up.

dez hasn't topped 900 yards or 75 catches since 2014-- sanders went over 1,000 yards and 75 grabs in'14-'15-'16 before getting hurt last year. . . aside from getting a couple more TDs just by being bigger, dez's game hasn't been as good as emmanuel's in a while now. . .

Simple Jaded
04-15-2018, 06:53 PM
I don’t see Dez as a petulant baby, that’s more Emmanuel Sanders, Dez seems to be more about winning.

Partnering his 700-900 yards and 5 TD’s with ES and DT is exactly where Bryant’s game is at these days.

And CK needs all the help he can get.

Simple Jaded
04-15-2018, 06:55 PM
I would argue a QB and an OL is what this offense needs

That too.

Simple Jaded
04-15-2018, 07:02 PM
X— DT
Y— Butt
Z— Bryant
Slot— ES

With Taylor, Chark and Henderson waiting and hopefully developing in the wings, that’s a ****ton of legitimate receiving options.

Btw, there’s 6 legitimate PR/KR options in there too, including Bryant.

Davii
04-15-2018, 07:03 PM
X— DT
Y— Butt
Z— Bryant
Slot— ES

With Taylor, Chark and Henderson waiting and hopefully developing in the wings, that’s a ****ton of legitimate receiving options.

For who? And where is the Dez $ coming from knowing the other needs we have?

That would be a great lineup of pass catchers, but to what end?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-15-2018, 07:03 PM
Don’t forget the TE. We need that too

Simple Jaded
04-15-2018, 07:08 PM
For who? And where is the Dez $ coming from knowing the other needs we have?

That would be a great lineup of pass catchers, but to what end?

For me it’d be Rosen, but I’m thinking beyond who the QB is.

They might make room by trading/cutting C.J.

Simple Jaded
04-15-2018, 07:10 PM
Don’t forget the TE. We need that too

I like Jake Butt and I cannot lie. But of course, I think we’re all gonna believe it when we see it.

Simple Jaded
04-15-2018, 07:11 PM
Meh, what can I say, I got a soft spot for dooshy people.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-15-2018, 07:14 PM
I like Jake Butt and I cannot lie. But of course, I think we’re all gonna believe it when we see it.

I hope he’s a big contributor too, because I too like big butts and cannot lie

Simple Jaded
04-15-2018, 08:11 PM
I hope he’s a big contributor too, because I too like big butts and cannot lie

So ... you can’t deny?