PDA

View Full Version : John Elway talks Broncos roster changes, options in 2018 NFL draft

Denver Native (Carol)
03-25-2018, 05:28 PM
ORLANDO, Fla. — Hours after introducing Case Keenum as the Broncos’ new quarterback last week, general manager John Elway hopped on a private plane bound for Palm Beach, where his attention shifted to the NFL’s troublesome catch rule and an agenda of change for the league’s competition committee.

Then he whisked off to the Bahamas for a family vacation before returning to Florida for yet another round of meetings and discussions about the league, about his team, about 2018 — a year he hopes will be much better than the last.

And so far, he’s feeling pretty good about it all.

rest - https://www.denverpost.com/2018/03/25/john-elway-broncos-nfl-annual-meetings/

Denver Native (Carol)
03-25-2018, 08:54 PM
Mike Klis
‏Verified account @MikeKlis
4h4 hours ago

Elway sent message to core Von, DT, Sanders, Wolfe, Harris, Marshall, Stewart: “I know all those guys you mentioned can play better than they played last year. For us to get back to what we want, which is compete for a championship, those guys have to play better. '' #9sports

Mike Klis
6h6 hours ago

Elway on adding veteran TE to go with Jake Butt/JeffHeuerman: ”We've been looking for tight ends for a long time. We’ll continue to look for them and try to find one there. You never know what happens through either free agency or trades so we’ll try to address that.'' #9sports

Mike Klis
6h6 hours ago

Elway on DE Adam Gotsis attending team's offseason conditioning April 16 with legal matter pending: ”That is the plan so far. We’ll see how that goes. But so far we are planning on having him train with us.'' #9sports

Simple Jaded
03-25-2018, 09:01 PM
Elway has to perform better.

Cugel
03-25-2018, 09:10 PM
Elway has to perform better.

That mostly means just trying to make better choices in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the draft. He's done reasonably well when not drafting QBs and drafting in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

But, if he takes a QB in this draft he has to be sure that guy is the future franchise QB, and not another Osweiler/Lynch.

Simple Jaded
03-25-2018, 09:33 PM
That mostly means just trying to make better choices in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the draft. He's done reasonably well when not drafting QBs and drafting in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

But, if he takes a QB in this draft he has to be sure that guy is the future franchise QB, and not another Osweiler/Lynch.
Osweiler/Lynch > CK.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-25-2018, 09:58 PM
Osweiler/Lynch > CK.

Not sure I agree with that one. CK isn't setting any records, he has at least shown that he can run a team, read a defense and win some games. Perhaps Lynch can evolve, but CK is currently the better option.

Simple Jaded
03-25-2018, 11:09 PM
Not sure I agree with that one. CK isn't setting any records, he has at least shown that he can run a team, read a defense and win some games. Perhaps Lynch can evolve, but CK is currently the better option.

I troll.

dogfish
03-26-2018, 11:13 AM
Elway sent message to core Von, DT, Sanders, Wolfe, Harris, Marshall, Stewart: “I know all those guys you mentioned can play better than they played last year. For us to get back to what we want, which is compete for a championship, those guys have to play better. '' #9sports

maybe you should have hired a competent, professional coach to lead the team, john. . .

:coffee::coffee::coffee:

Cugel
03-26-2018, 11:25 AM
maybe you should have hired a competent, professional coach to lead the team, john. . .

:coffee:

While I agree that he should have hired Kyle Shanahan, I am penalizing you two coffees, because 3 coffees before 10 AM is too much caffeine!

dogfish
03-26-2018, 04:06 PM
While I agree that he should have hired Kyle Shanahan, I am penalizing you two coffees, because 3 coffees before 10 AM is too much caffeine!

some days you need a lot of caffeine. . . :coffee:

Jsteve01
03-26-2018, 05:12 PM
Gary Barnidge. Should have signed him last year

Jsteve01
03-26-2018, 05:15 PM

Or draft players who are even average at their positions

dogfish
03-26-2018, 05:55 PM
Or draft players who are even average at their positions

yea, that would help. . . :laugh:

the first few drafts weren't bad. . . they've had a couple real stinkers, though, and last year's class is very much up in the air. . . they gotta get this one right. . .

Poet
03-26-2018, 06:56 PM
I still believe in him...

Cugel
04-04-2018, 10:07 PM
some days you need a lot of caffeine. . . :coffee:

If you only had 4 coffees all day by 3:00 P.M. that's OK.

Ziggy
04-04-2018, 10:15 PM

And kept the best defensive coordinator in the NFL.

dogfish
04-04-2018, 10:40 PM
And kept the best defensive coordinator in the NFL.

yea, that would probably have been a wise move. . .

honestly, i'm still pissed about that one. . . it's gonna sting for a long time still. . .

Cugel
04-06-2018, 09:35 PM
I think the Rams are going to have the best defense in the NFL this year. Give Wade Phillips 2 or 3 years to create a top 5 defense, and give him some elite players and watch out!

The Rams now have elite play-makers at all three levels. On their Dline they have Suh and Aaron Donald, while they have Talib and Marcus Peters as shut-down corners.

On offense of course they have Goff, and Todd Gurley, but also just added Branden Cook from the Patriots. They won their division last year and this year Goff is another year more experienced. They and the Eagles have to be co-favorites this year.

Simple Jaded
04-07-2018, 03:42 AM
Caffeine is for babies.

I could drink a large black coffee spiked with Red Bull and sleep like s baby.

Poet
04-07-2018, 11:41 AM
Caffeine is for babies.

I could drink a large black coffee spiked with Red Bull and sleep like s baby.

But, to be fair, you're a cocaine addict and used to the rockstar life.

Simple Jaded
04-07-2018, 11:44 AM
But, to be fair, you're a cocaine addict and used to the rockstar life.

I could quit any time I want.

Poet
04-07-2018, 11:45 AM
I could quit any time I want.

It's addicted to you, dammit!

Simple Jaded
04-07-2018, 11:55 AM
Pizza I can’t quit ... and bacon. Steak.

Poet
04-07-2018, 11:56 AM

Jaded, I'm retiring from the Style and my Kingship. Tell the boys. It's your show now.

Simple Jaded
04-07-2018, 12:10 PM
Jaded, I'm retiring from the Style and my Kingship. Tell the boys. It's your show now.

Surely there’s other more deserving and qualified candidates ... ok!

Simple Jaded
04-07-2018, 12:11 PM
I’d like to thank the Academy...

Nomad
04-07-2018, 12:12 PM

Pizza is overrated, but bacon & steak. You're more disciplined than I am.

Simple Jaded
04-07-2018, 12:14 PM

Apparently You’re not getting good pizza up there.

MOtorboat
04-07-2018, 01:03 PM

This is objectively false.

Nomad
04-07-2018, 01:15 PM
This is objectively false.

What? That pizza is overrated? There is only one pizza I like, and that's the all meat special from our local Pizza Man restaurant. Other than that, I'll take bacon, or a steak, anyday.

MOtorboat
04-07-2018, 01:16 PM
What? That pizza is overrated? There is only one pizza I like, and that's the all meat special from our local Pizza Man restaurant. Other than that, I'll take bacon, or a steak, anyday.

Like I said. This is objectively false.

Davii
04-07-2018, 01:33 PM

Take pizza, add bacon and steak. Holy shit.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-07-2018, 06:07 PM

Here is the sage wisdom in the conversation, because why not?

Simple Jaded
04-07-2018, 07:25 PM

Yeah, all meat pizza, I sincerely hope you didn’t think I meant vegetarian pizza ... that’s rabbit food.

dogfish
04-07-2018, 08:19 PM

spoken like a man who knows how to get shit done. . .

Elevation inc
04-09-2018, 07:18 AM

Not True Italian Pizza!!!!