PDA

View Full Version : Hello fellow board members!

MadHatcher
03-15-2018, 12:12 PM
Been on a Vikings forum board for the last year. Decided it was time to move on over here. Not a fan of Elway, but am a HUGE Broncos fan now that Case is on the team. :D

That might rankle some, but you will see a lot of people migrate into the forums that follow Case. He has a lot of fans!

I followed him in HS and watched nearly every game he played in College. He was not thought highly of when he went to UH, but those that followed Texas HS football knew he was the real deal.

For those that do not know, Case makes everyone around him better. He has great pocket presence and can throw the ball moving outside as well. He develops great chemistry with his O-line and never blames them for failures. It usually results in them playing a better game.

Also, some of you probably think your defense is on its way down and it has looked that way for the last couple of years. Here is something to consider. What has the defense had to play for? When you are on defense busting your ass just to have the offense give the ball right back, it tends to dishearten you. When you have a competent QB, you tend to give it your all, knowing you are giving the ball back for a chance.

The Broncos defense and O-line will play better next year, regardless of changes. Just having Case at QB will do that.

Finally, Coach Zimmer whom I like to call Lady Gaga, because his stoic act is fake and more Gaga than Aurelius, hated Case. Zimmer is a prideful and vain man who never thought Case would do well and when he did, his pride was hurt. Yes, Lady Gaga, is that sensitive.

I do hope the Broncos add a strong player to the O-line, but have high hopes as things stand now. Regardless, you guys are in for some exciting football. Say what you will about Case, one thing is without doubt and that is, the guy is fun to watch.

Krugan
03-15-2018, 12:47 PM
Im rankled.

You are a Case fan, not a bronco fan. You are just in hopes the team does well because of your guy.

I have much more respect for people who are real about that kind of thing, then claiming to be a huge fan of the broncos, vikings, texans, insert what ever other team your guy goes too.

ive got 30 years with denver, thats a fan of the broncos, you have how many years with case, thats a case fan.

Sorry to be prickly.

aberdien
03-15-2018, 12:51 PM
Just imagine how many overzealous Baker Mayfield fans are gonna migrate here when the unthinkable happens.

Timmy!
03-15-2018, 12:51 PM
Not a fan of Elway.

You can leave now.

chazoe60
03-15-2018, 12:54 PM
I don't like Elway either. Damn horse toothed winner.

Davii
03-15-2018, 12:54 PM
Just imagine how many overzealous Baker Mayfield fans are gonna migrate here when the unthinkable happens.

It will be a number smaller than the Tebow maniacs we had to endure.

MadHatcher
03-15-2018, 12:55 PM

lol

chazoe60
03-15-2018, 12:59 PM

Some Tebowmaniacs are still here, like Jaded.

Cugel
03-15-2018, 01:01 PM
Also, some of you probably think your defense is on its way down and it has looked that way for the last couple of years. Here is something to consider. What has the defense had to play for? When you are on defense busting your ass just to have the offense give the ball right back, it tends to dishearten you. When you have a competent QB, you tend to give it your all, knowing you are giving the ball back for a chance.

That was a huge problem in Denver. The No-Fly Zone and defense under Wade Phillips did what only 4 teams in NFL history since the '85 Bears have done - win a SB with essentially no offense to speak of. Peyton threw 19 Ints and only 13 TDs in 2015 because of the torn tendon in his right foot.

Then they lost or got rid of Wade, TJ Ward, Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan and now Aqib Talib while HOF Demarcus Ware and Manning retired. They had 3 HOF players on that SB 50 team, now they have 1 - Von Miller.

The defense is bound to be a lot better with something to play for. Not 2015 great but good enough. They might even wind up with a defensive star like Chubb if he fell to #5.

Although Elway might want to draft a QB, I certainly hope he doesn't. They have to upgrade the talent level all over this team since Keenum can't expect to elevate them to 11-12 wins by himself.

So, the Broncos Defense is no longer elite like it was and Elway's draft has sucked the last 3 years.

Now they have to rebuild and get a T, a G, a TE, a slot WR, possibly a new RB in addition to Keenum - and that's just on offense. But, now that they have Keenum they can concentrate on using their great draft position to get immediate impact players in the first couple of rounds. Strengthen the OL and they can easily compete for the Division in 2018, although the SB is a wild stretch without major changes to the roster.

Davii
03-15-2018, 01:02 PM
I don't like Elway either. Damn horse toothed winner.

I got Elway he shattered the mold. All he does is win, all all all he does is win games.

MadHatcher
03-15-2018, 01:02 PM
Im rankled.

You are a Case fan, not a bronco fan. You are just in hopes the team does well because of your guy.

I have much more respect for people who are real about that kind of thing, then claiming to be a huge fan of the broncos, vikings, texans, insert what ever other team your guy goes too.

ive got 30 years with denver, thats a fan of the broncos, you have how many years with case, thats a case fan.

Sorry to be prickly.

Yes, I am a Case fan and not really a Broncos fan, but still. Will be hoping for the team to do well! In the end, it is just a game and people find different reasons for enjoying it. Personally, I do not care for the NFL. More of a Texas HS fan, but love watching Case play! So, here I am.

Hawgdriver
03-15-2018, 01:03 PM
I wish Lady Gaga was our coach.

Buff
03-15-2018, 01:12 PM
Everyone is still a little sensitive from the Tebow era, MH... Don't mind these guys. Welcome! Plenty of room on the bandwagon after last season.

Rick
03-15-2018, 01:14 PM
I didn't realize Case had a fan club. Welcome!

Davii
03-15-2018, 01:14 PM

All of Bronco Country!

Hawgdriver
03-15-2018, 01:18 PM
Yeah man, hope it's a fun ride while you are with us. I'm not sold on Case but that's pretty normal. Hopefully he walks on water and swims on the land like you say.

dogfish
03-15-2018, 01:19 PM
I didn't realize Case had a fan club.

king is the president. . .

Davii
03-15-2018, 01:21 PM
king is the president. . .

Unpossible, King doesn't have orange skin.

chazoe60
03-15-2018, 01:21 PM

I thought she was?

broncofaninfla
03-15-2018, 01:22 PM
Welcome to Broncos Forums, it's the best fan site for the Broncos by far. I hope to share your same optimism for Case by the end of next season but right now I'm sitting back and hoping for the best.

chazoe60
03-15-2018, 01:23 PM
Unpossible, King doesn't have orange skin.

He's a chocolate God

Rick
03-15-2018, 01:25 PM
Wasn't there some fan club cards being passed around on the boards some years ago?

Maybe that was on the "official" boards.

Poet
03-15-2018, 01:25 PM
Been on a Vikings forum board for the last year. Decided it was time to move on over here. Not a fan of Elway, but am a HUGE Broncos fan now that Case is on the team. :D

That might rankle some, but you will see a lot of people migrate into the forums that follow Case. He has a lot of fans!

I followed him in HS and watched nearly every game he played in College. He was not thought highly of when he went to UH, but those that followed Texas HS football knew he was the real deal.

For those that do not know, Case makes everyone around him better. He has great pocket presence and can throw the ball moving outside as well. He develops great chemistry with his O-line and never blames them for failures. It usually results in them playing a better game.

The Broncos defense and O-line will play better next year, regardless of changes. Just having Case at QB will do that.

Finally, Coach Zimmer whom I like to call Lady Gaga, because his stoic act is fake and more Gaga than Aurelius, hated Case. Zimmer is a prideful and vain man who never thought Case would do well and when he did, his pride was hurt. Yes, Lady Gaga, is that sensitive.

I do hope the Broncos add a strong player to the O-line, but have high hopes as things stand now. Regardless, you guys are in for some exciting football. Say what you will about Case, one thing is without doubt and that is, the guy is fun to watch.

Mike Zimmer was beloved by his players in Cincinnati and Minnesota. He showed up to work after his wife died, and the team rallied around him. For many years he was passed over by teams and he's done a wonderful job in Minnesota. You're a fanboy of an average at best quarterback, and you weren't a Vikings fan. Besmirching the name of a respected and tremendous man like Zimmer because he wasn't chained to Keenum is monumentally foolish.

Good day, sir.

Rick
03-15-2018, 01:27 PM
Forgive King, he is a former Bengals fan. That does a lot to a man.

Cugel
03-15-2018, 01:29 PM
It's more interesting to hear what a Vikings fan thinks of the Vikings chances now that they have Kirk Cousins. They seem to think he's the missing piece to the SB puzzle.

I don't agree. The Vikings were simply not as good as the Eagles last year, and now they have Carson Wentz coming back, with Nick Foles the SB MVP as backup. Cousins has been better than Keenum the last 3 years, but Wentz played like an NFL MVP for most of last season. Wentz > Cousins any day of the week.

In fact, I'd say Cousins is maybe the 6th or 7th best QB in the NFC, behind Rogers, Brees, Wentz, Ryan, Cam Newton and possibly Jared Goff before long. He might be as good as Russell Wilson, who after all led the Seahawks to two consecutive SBs and should have won both, if Pete Carroll didn't have his brain-fart at the last minute.

The Rams appear to be on the way up, along with the 49ers (who have much farther to go despite getting Garapolo). One thing we know is: give Wade Phillips a couple of years to craft a defense, and a few pro-bowl caliber defenders and he will build an elite defense. He's done it before and now he's doing it in LA. Now that they have added Talib and Marcus Peters they have perhaps the best CB tandem in the NFL.

IF Goff continues to develop the Rams could be a SB team next year. Then there's the Packers getting Rogers back, the Falcons who have Ryan, the Saints where Brees is playing better than almost anybody. It's a crowded field in the NFC.

chazoe60
03-15-2018, 01:29 PM
Wasn't there some fan club cards being passed around on the boards some years ago?

Maybe that was on the "official" boards.

I used to battle with the "Orton Army" on a regular basis. They were a giant collection of mental midgets over on the shitty Broncos country board. Good Lord those were some dumb mother ******s.

Cugel
03-15-2018, 01:30 PM
Forgive King, he is a former Bengals fan. That does a lot to a man.

None of it good.

Buff
03-15-2018, 01:30 PM
Mike Zimmer was beloved by his players in Cincinnati and Minnesota. He showed up to work after his wife died, and the team rallied around him. For many years he was passed over by teams and he's done a wonderful job in Minnesota. You're a fanboy of an average at best quarterback, and you weren't a Vikings fan. Besmirching the name of a respected and tremendous man like Zimmer because he wasn't chained to Keenum is monumentally foolish.

Good day, sir.

I'm already tired of your Keenum charade and he's only been on the roster for less than 24 hours.

BroncoJoe
03-15-2018, 01:32 PM
I'm already tired of your Keenum charade and he's only been on the roster for less than 24 hours.

King likes to go full mental jacket.

Rick
03-15-2018, 01:32 PM
I used to battle with the "Orton Army" on a regular basis. They were a giant collection of mental midgets over on the shitty Broncos country board. Good Lord those were some dumb mother ******s.

I think was a Jay Cutler Fan Club card or something that people had in their sigs or something.

Cugel
03-15-2018, 01:33 PM

Did Kyle Orton ever throw 22 Tds for only 7 picks, with a 98.3 passer rating? Did he ever get a team to the conference championship game? Cause I don't remember that Kyle Orton, and I suspect he only existed in Madden.

Case Keenum is better than Orton ever was, unless of course you think that Jeff Fisher wasn't sabotaging the play of Keenum, Foles, and Goff, which the evidence from last year clearly indicates was the case.

chazoe60
03-15-2018, 01:33 PM
Keenum is like the lottery pool at work that I buy into when the Powerball gets above $400M. Yeah I'll put in $10 to get a stake of 150 tickets, but you know what, I'm buying a couple of my own tickets too.

Rick
03-15-2018, 01:34 PM
which the evidence from last year clearly indicates was the case.

Pun intended? :)

Cugel
03-15-2018, 01:36 PM
I think was a Jay Cutler Fan Club card or something that people had in their sigs or something.

I was enthusiastic over Cutler when Shanahan had him because it was blindingly obvious that he had elite QB talent, elite arm strength, and accuracy. If you put Peyton or Brady's brain in that body he would have been the greatest QB of all time, instead of Mr. "I Don't Care!" And, while he was in Denver, it was not obvious that he would never develop into the QB he could have become.

Buff
03-15-2018, 01:38 PM
Keenum is like the lottery pool at work that I buy into when the Powerball gets above $400M. Yeah I'll put in $10 to get a stake of 150 tickets, but you know what, I'm buying a couple of my own tickets too.

Keenum is like the 2nd hottest chick at the party who you decide to leave with as opposed to trying to wait out the other dozen guys for the hottest chick.

Cugel
03-15-2018, 01:38 PM

No, Keenum is a brilliant move by Elway that frees up the Broncos to draft the best players available and not just fill holes all over the place like they have the last 3 years because they were thinking "we're re-booting, not rebuilding" when they clearly need to rebuild at 6 or 7 positions because they just don't have a SB caliber roster.

It's realistically going to take 2 or 3 years of great drafting a FA to assemble another roster that can compete for a SB. They don't need to draft a QB this year, and if they do I hope it's in the 2nd round and they take a developmental guy and dump Lynch.

Poet
03-15-2018, 01:39 PM

Die slowly.

Poet
03-15-2018, 01:40 PM
King likes to go full mental jacket.

I tire of your disrespect. I value you more than Buff, so I only wish shingles upon thee.

Buff
Die slowly.

Way ahead of you! #RodeoBurgerBros

Poet
Way ahead of you! #RodeoBurgerBros

Good man. I take back what I said - I value you more than Joe.

Cugel
Keenum is like the 2nd hottest chick at the party who you decide to leave with as opposed to trying to wait out the other dozen guys for the hottest chick.

Especially, when the hottest girl is already flirting heavily with some other guy and doesn't even look at you.

BroncoJoe
03-15-2018, 01:44 PM
I tire of your disrespect. I value you more than Buff, so I only wish shingles upon thee.

I had them as a kid.

Poet
03-15-2018, 01:45 PM
I had them as a kid.

I wish Shingles the Sequel upon you! IDK. I don't like being mad at you, but you're very rude to me. I'm going to go get a rodeoburger with my boy, Buff. Burgers with Buff!

LawDog
03-15-2018, 01:46 PM

Between her and that HS girl (Kayla?), our national anthems would be epic.

Jsteve01
03-15-2018, 01:53 PM
I had them as a kid.

I wish Shingles the Sequel upon you! IDK. I don't like being mad at you, but you're very rude to me. I'm going to go get a rodeoburger with my boy, Buff. Burgers with Buff!

Angry King doesnt suit you. I find myself crying each time you slip a little further into the melancholy. You need a glug glug with a possible tug tug. Or just come drink kombucha mules with me!

BroncoJoe
03-15-2018, 01:53 PM

I don't think that's possible.

Don't be mad, just change your awful opinion.

Poet
03-15-2018, 01:54 PM
I don't think that's possible.

Don't be mad, just change your awful opinion.

You are a disappointing person.

BroncoJoe
03-15-2018, 01:54 PM
You are a disappointing person.

I think I might change my name to BroncoKing. The role need to be filled because the king is dead!

slim
03-15-2018, 02:04 PM
The King has no clothes!!!

Freyaka
03-15-2018, 02:08 PM

At least they won't be Tebow fans...God those people are unbearable.

Freyaka
03-15-2018, 02:09 PM

Don't sell youself short fella...

Freyaka
03-15-2018, 02:09 PM

I mean, he did kinda help produce one of the greatest moments in Vikings history, and his Skol chant he led immediately following was a bit bad ass.

Freyaka
03-15-2018, 02:11 PM

Where as the Tebowmaniacs went full retard on a daily basis...

Rick
03-15-2018, 02:12 PM

Some of them still do.

Freyaka
03-15-2018, 02:16 PM
Some of them still do.

Not dropping any names *COUGH*SHANE*COUGH*....Freaking influenza, I guess I should have gotten vaccinated this year.

Valar Morghulis
03-15-2018, 02:34 PM
Welcome mate.

You passed the Turing test. The first on here for a while.

I am underwhelmed with the keenum signing, hope I'm wrong

chazoe60
03-15-2018, 02:51 PM
Don't sell youself short fella...

Yep I was such a Tebowmaniac.

chazoe60
03-15-2018, 02:52 PM
Did Kyle Orton ever throw 22 Tds for only 7 picks, with a 98.3 passer rating? Did he ever get a team to the conference championship game? Cause I don't remember that Kyle Orton, and I suspect he only existed in Madden.

Case Keenum is better than Orton ever was, unless of course you think that Jeff Fisher wasn't sabotaging the play of Keenum, Foles, and Goff, which the evidence from last year clearly indicates was the case.

Keenum is light years better than Orton.

Freyaka
03-15-2018, 02:59 PM
Yep I was such a Tebowmaniac.

Thus the constant pointless bickering with ortonites, now you're getting it!

chazoe60
03-15-2018, 03:03 PM
Thus the constant pointless bickering with ortonites, now you're getting it!

:rolleyes:

You're a hoot.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-15-2018, 03:09 PM
I miss Tebow

Freyaka
03-15-2018, 03:28 PM
:rolleyes:

You're a hoot.

Just remember, I was leaving you alone for the most part until you had to go and call me "the new Shane" If ever you get tired of my new found mockery, just remember "hey, I brought this on myself"

:)

chazoe60
03-15-2018, 03:31 PM
Just remember, I was leaving you alone for the most part until you had to go and call me "the new Shane" If ever you get tired of my new found mockery, just remember "hey, I brought this on myself"

:)

:laugh::laugh: yes it is quite scathing.

Davii
03-15-2018, 04:07 PM
Welcome mate.

You passed the Turing test. The first on here for a while.

I am underwhelmed with the keenum signing, hope I'm wrong

AI references FTW

Davii
03-15-2018, 04:13 PM
I thought she was?

Nah, she has a poker face, you'd never see those classic "what just happened" Vance Joseph trademark looks.

sneakers
03-15-2018, 05:25 PM

No way it will be worse than tebow fans

Simple Jaded
03-15-2018, 10:41 PM

After everything he’s done for you? Smdh

Cugel
03-17-2018, 11:55 AM

Daily? They never left retard mode for 1 minute of any day. I recall there were a bunch of idiot chicks who used to come out to watch Tebow at practice wearing wedding dresses and carrying a bunch of flowers, like they were hoping Tebow would marry them or something.

It was a weird scene that somehow wasn't about football but about Tebow as a celebrity.

Cugel
03-17-2018, 11:56 AM
No way it will be worse than tebow fans

The Sooner-boomers might be bad, but no way could it be as bad.

Nomad
03-17-2018, 12:02 PM
I hope you're right in Case.

Another Tebowmania would be awful.

dogfish
03-17-2018, 10:21 PM
MOfield mania!

lol. . .

MOtorboat
03-18-2018, 01:28 AM
MOfield mania!

lol. . .

I will kick kittens.

On video.

aberdien
03-18-2018, 01:04 PM

...says the person not living in Oklahoma surrounded by Baker Mayflield's biggest fans

Nomad
03-18-2018, 01:16 PM
...says the person not living in Oklahoma surrounded by Baker Mayflield's biggest fans

Is there a Mayfield Mania in Oklahoma?

LawDog
03-18-2018, 02:35 PM
Is there a Mayfield Mania in Oklahoma?

Does a bear wipe its ass with a rabbit?

Nomad
03-18-2018, 02:45 PM
Does a bear wipe its ass with a rabbit?

Does this mean MO is going to be sporting a Mayfield's BRONCOS dew rag?

dogfish
03-18-2018, 02:48 PM

:lol::lol:

slim
03-18-2018, 03:02 PM

You obviously haven't met NTL

MOtorboat
03-18-2018, 03:05 PM

It's a karate bandana. Get it right!

dogfish
03-18-2018, 03:32 PM
It's a karate bandana. Get it right!

have you already ordered one?

MOtorboat
03-18-2018, 03:34 PM
have you already ordered one?

You know it. And some American flag Zubaz pants.

FanInAZ
03-19-2018, 07:50 PM
...Zubaz pants.

I just googled this to see what you're talking about, I guess I'd describe them as mutated zebra pants :confused:

MOtorboat
03-19-2018, 09:48 PM
I just googled this to see what you're talking about, I guess I'd describe them as mutated zebra pants :confused:

Welcome to 1993.