PDA

View Full Version : Which direction do You prefer the broncos go

underrated29
03-14-2018, 11:31 AM
I myself am torn between the two. I keep going back and forth and I cannot decide which I like better. This is not what you think they will do or what they should do. This is what you would like them to do.

1. Stay at 5 and draft one of the QBs (assume all are available) or a guy like Barkley, minkah, etc...

or

2. Trade back with Buffalo (assuming we get) for 12, 21 and one of their 2nd rd picks?

I love the idea of trading back myself. We could maybe get Mglichney at 12 and Hernandez at 21. We would also have 3 (2nd rd picks) and 2 (3rd rd picks) to which we can use to trade up for Soney Michel. A draft of LT, G and RB (portis 2.0) while still having another 2nd or 3rd is great. However, I really like Rosen and can see Mayfield as a guy too. I do not want to miss out on a QB. We need one going forward for cap and for FA purposes (wins too). So I am back and forth.

What do you want us to do?

MasterShake
03-14-2018, 11:38 AM
You EARNED that top 5 pick so you better take it. Don't tell me I suffered through that season so we can get the second best RB in the first round or some crap.

Rick
03-14-2018, 11:39 AM
Went 2 and 3.

I think it may be better long term, hoping to hell anyway. If spending the cash on Keenum then get the players to support him.

Went 3 because I have no idea who hoes is but I am sure he is a dirtbag.

BroncoWave
03-14-2018, 11:41 AM
It's pretty easy for me. Take Baker and get your franchise guy.

Rick
03-14-2018, 11:42 AM
It's pretty easy for me. Take Baker and get your franchise guy.

I won't bitch if they take a QB at 5, I am just worried about all the holes on the team.

Need to fix the line, need more depth at DL, need more depth at CB.

WR? What is Carlos Henderson going to do? Will McKenzie hold on to the ball?

Freyaka
03-14-2018, 11:43 AM
I want to see us draft Mayfield or Rosen at #5, trade back in and grab an o-line.

MOtorboat
03-14-2018, 11:45 AM
Still need to take a QB.

Freyaka
03-14-2018, 11:45 AM
Will McKenzie hold on to the ball?

You don't need a magic 8 ball to tell you

https://i1.wp.com/magicalballs.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/magic-8-ball-batman-edition.jpg?resize=300%2C239

Slick
03-14-2018, 11:48 AM
Stay at 5 and get a good football player. Elway's drafting history tells us that if he's picking lower he's likely to blow it.

underrated29
03-14-2018, 12:05 PM
I want to see us draft Mayfield or Rosen at #5, trade back in and grab an o-line.

I like this idea. So stay at 5 and get the QB. Then burn some combo of our 2nds and 3rds to jump back into the first for a Hernandez or a T? I like it! I think T is the more glaring need to me. I do really really want Sonney, but there are so so so so so so many good RBs in the draft we can still find a supreme player in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

turftoad
03-14-2018, 12:13 PM
Take the best OL at 5.
I don't think we take a QB there just because we have Keenum for two years while we wait to see if PL matures and what Kelly can do.

If they can't do it I think we worry about QB in a couple of years.

Dapper Dan
03-14-2018, 12:18 PM
Stay at 5 and get a good football player. Elway's drafting history tells us that if he's picking lower he's likely to blow it.

He seems to do his best in the late rounds. I say we trade the 5th overall pick for about 15 6th round picks.

Freyaka
03-14-2018, 12:24 PM
I like this idea. So stay at 5 and get the QB. Then burn some combo of our 2nds and 3rds to jump back into the first for a Hernandez or a T? I like it! I think T is the more glaring need to me. I do really really want Sonney, but there are so so so so so so many good RBs in the draft we can still find a supreme player in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

We have 11 picks this year. That's a lot of ammo to draft with, we also have Anderson and a few others that we can trade off to net a few more picks in this years draft.

I'd rather see us stay where we are and then move back into the tail end of the first, it just seems like a smart strategy with this many draft picks.

Freyaka
03-14-2018, 12:25 PM
He seems to do his best in the late rounds. I say we trade the 5th overall pick for about 15 6th round picks.

Haha, dapper dan sighting. Where you been buddy?

aberdien
03-14-2018, 12:27 PM
If Barkley is dropping then stay at 5.

If not, trade back and get an OL and QB in the first.

Dapper Dan
03-14-2018, 01:16 PM
Haha, dapper dan sighting. Where you been buddy?

Usually in the NHL thread, talking to myself. You?

TXBRONC
03-14-2018, 01:21 PM
Stay at five and get your franchise quarterback. If he's not there, then possibly trade back.

Freyaka
03-14-2018, 01:22 PM
Usually in the NHL thread, talking to myself. You?

Just here complaining as always...

TXBRONC
03-14-2018, 01:24 PM
Just here complaining as always...

Someone has to do the dirty work.

broncofaninfla
03-14-2018, 01:48 PM
I'm for anything that bring Mayfield to Denver. The kid is the real deal and ran the offense that the Denver coaches were running better than any QB out there. If not Mayfiled at 5 then Hernandez later in the first.

GEM
03-14-2018, 01:51 PM
We can't afford to pay more players anyways. :lol: I had to watch that load of horseshit last season so gimme what I earned. :D

Freyaka
03-14-2018, 01:54 PM
I'm for anything that bring Mayfield to Denver. The kid is the real deal and ran the offense that the Denver coaches were running better than any QB out there. If not Mayfiled at 5 then Hernandez later in the first.

I pretty much agree, I've liked Mayfield for awhile now, I've warmed up to Rosen so I can be ok with either, but if we're going to draft a QB, Mayfield has always been my first choice.

underrated29
03-14-2018, 02:49 PM
I pretty much agree, I've liked Mayfield for awhile now, I've warmed up to Rosen so I can be ok with either, but if we're going to draft a QB, Mayfield has always been my first choice.

iM THE opposite. I like Rosen but have warmed up to Mayfield and am also fine with either.

Freyaka
03-14-2018, 02:58 PM
iM THE opposite. I like Rosen but have warmed up to Mayfield and am also fine with either.

Mayfield reminds me a lot of brees, I dunno, like I said, either works.

Rick
03-14-2018, 03:03 PM
With all the QB desperate teams ,which may or may not include us, it could very well be that at pick 5 we will be left standing at the alter anyway.

Cleveland will certainly take 1 with one of their picks.
Giants may be comfortable just sticking with Eli and may move back to a desperate team or may take their QBotF.
Colts may trade out to a desperate team.
Browns may move the 4th overall to a desperate team.

If we are not willing to pay the price trade up and really want a QB, we may be left with none of the top 4 easily.

CoachChaz
03-14-2018, 03:06 PM
With all the QB desperate teams ,which may or may not include us, it could very well be that at pick 5 we will be left standing at the alter anyway.

Cleveland will certainly take 1 with one of their picks.
Giants may be comfortable just sticking with Eli and may move back to a desperate team or may take their QBotF.
Colts may trade out to a desperate team.
Browns may move the 4th overall to a desperate team.

If we are not willing to pay the price trade up and really want a QB, we may be left with none of the top 4 easily.

In that scenario, Barkley, Chubb, Nelson, Fitzpatrick, Edmunds, etc., etc. are all available. That's the nice thing the Keenum deal offers us. Flexibility in the draft.

Rick
03-14-2018, 03:11 PM
In that scenario I would love Barkley.

chazoe60
03-14-2018, 03:45 PM
I will be slightly annoyed if we draft Fitzpatrick at 5 only because I think it would be terribly stupid to cut one of the best CBs on the planet only to draft a rookie CB with the 5th overall pick. That would be very underwhelming IMHO.

CoachChaz
03-14-2018, 03:56 PM
I will be slightly annoyed if we draft Fitzpatrick at 5 only because I think it would be terribly stupid to cut one of the best CBs on the planet only to draft a rookie CB with the 5th overall pick. That would be very underwhelming IMHO.

I have a hard time calling Fitzpatrick a true corner because he can play all 6 secondary positions at a high level. That being said, it's still addition by subtraction. If Talib's money allows us to fill other areas of need and we can get a stud replacement on a rookie deal...it all works out. That being said, I dont think Fitzpatrick is a bigger need than the other I listed, assuming all were available.

Freyaka
03-14-2018, 04:00 PM
In that scenario I would love Barkley.

I mean, we get Barkley, I don't really care what QB gets drafted, I guess grab Rudolph in the second or something, Barkley would be huge for offensive production.

I don't think he falls to us.

Rick
03-14-2018, 04:02 PM
Probably not, but all the hypothetical talk about which QB might not even matter because sitting at 5 we may not get any of the top guys.

In a draft with 4 QBs who could all potentially go in the top 6 this could be a pretty exciting draft night.

dogfish
03-14-2018, 04:04 PM
I have a hard time calling Fitzpatrick a true corner because he can play all 6 secondary positions at a high level. That being said, it's still addition by subtraction. If Talib's money allows us to fill other areas of need and we can get a stud replacement on a rookie deal...it all works out. That being said, I dont think Fitzpatrick is a bigger need than the other I listed, assuming all were available.

if we moved back to #12, what would you think about derwin james?

Freyaka
03-14-2018, 04:05 PM
My thought are obviously I want a qb, but assuming Rosen and Mayfield are gone, I don't like any of the other options, you don't reach for whatever is left, take BPA and explore other options.

Hawgdriver
03-14-2018, 04:12 PM

I'm not the world's expert on Fitzpatrick, but what I hear is that he brings leadership. One of the reasons, in my humblest of opinions, for the decline of the Denver defense was the departure of leadership in the form of Demarcus Ware and TJ Ward. Wade, ofc, too. But if Fitzpatrick is that kind of player, his value goes beyond the X's and O's. I'd love for someone with a better bead on him to chime in.

CoachChaz
03-14-2018, 04:21 PM
I'm not the world's expert on Fitzpatrick, but what I hear is that he brings leadership. One of the reasons, in my humblest of opinions, for the decline of the Denver defense was the departure of leadership in the form of Demarcus Ware and TJ Ward. Wade, ofc, too. But if Fitzpatrick is that kind of player, his value goes beyond the X's and O's. I'd love for someone with a better bead on him to chime in.

He is definitely a high character guy. Between that and his versatility, he has to be in the conversation. If for no other reason than to cover TE's...he'd be worth it.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-14-2018, 07:54 PM
Take the Guard at 5. That is all.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-14-2018, 07:59 PM
Drafting top 5, odds are, buys you an impact player. Outside the top 10, typically not.

FYI, if the Bills wanted to trade up, 12 and 22 actually are more valuable (by the chart) by 280 points (roughly a mid 3rd rounder) so they would lose value I doubt they’d give another pick, if anything they’d expect a later round pick in return. Now, it being a sellers market, we could make them eat it but those two picks actually give them flexibility. If they want to add a second they could just bypass us and get to the Colts at 3 to get their guy. IMO, We would be dumb to trade back, but the Colts would be dumb to stay put. One star player won’t help them and they don’t need a QB, they need a lot of things.

Also, I don’t think Fitzpatrick plays CB in the pros. He translates better to Safety. I think he’s a tweener like Tyrann Matthieu.

Northman
03-14-2018, 08:08 PM
Stay at 5 and take BPA.

Poet
03-14-2018, 08:10 PM
Take the QB and don't waste time.

Dapper Dan
03-14-2018, 08:13 PM
Take the Guard at 5. That is all.

Always listen to this dude.

topscribe
03-14-2018, 09:01 PM
I mean, we get Barkley, I don't really care what QB gets drafted, I guess grab Rudolph in the second or something, Barkley would be huge for offensive production.

I don't think he falls to us.
Exactly. I won't be surprised if Cleveland takes him at #1.

topscribe
03-14-2018, 09:17 PM
First of all, I am increasingly thinking that we just gained a franchise QB. I know it is one year,
but Keenum didn't just play well. He finished in the league's top 10 in completion percentage,
interception rate, sack rate, and passer rating, including passer rating under pressure. From
his highlights, he has a quick release and good pocket awareness, and can extend plays like
crazy.

I am placing that in this thread because it dramatically affects Denver's options. In that
interest, I begin to salivate at the thought of six draft selections in the first three rounds. We
have heard about all the "holes" on the roster . . . well, what would that do for filling holes?
I would go for the second option in a heartbeat.

chazoe60
03-14-2018, 09:31 PM
My dream draft right now would be Will Hernandez and McGlinchy in round 1 after a trade with Buff and Sony Michel in round 2.
Not sure where D'ron Payne is projected to fall but I like that dude a lot too.

Simple Jaded
03-14-2018, 09:40 PM
If you could still get Nelson at 12 I’d trade down in a heartbeat, but they need quality over quantity.

Simple Jaded
03-14-2018, 09:50 PM
Drafting top 5, odds are, buys you an impact player. Outside the top 10, typically not.

FYI, if the Bills wanted to trade up, 12 and 22 actually are more valuable (by the chart) by 280 points (roughly a mid 3rd rounder) so they would lose value I doubt they’d give another pick, if anything they’d expect a later round pick in return. Now, it being a sellers market, we could make them eat it but those two picks actually give them flexibility. If they want to add a second they could just bypass us and get to the Colts at 3 to get their guy. IMO, We would be dumb to trade back, but the Colts would be dumb to stay put. One star player won’t help them and they don’t need a QB, they need a lot of things.

Also, I don’t think Fitzpatrick plays CB in the pros. He translates better to Safety. I think he’s a tweener like Tyrann Matthieu.
Fwiw, when teams are trading up for a QB the trade chart sometimes goes out the window.

Ziggy
03-14-2018, 10:00 PM
Grab the Joe Thomas of guard prospects at 5 and plug him in for the next 10-15 years.

https://armchairallamericans.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Quenton-Nelson.jpg

Poet
03-14-2018, 10:22 PM
Guards win SB's!

chazoe60
03-14-2018, 10:37 PM
Guards win SB's!

I've yet to see a SB champion that didn't have at least two of them.

Poet
03-14-2018, 10:38 PM
I've yet to see a SB champion that didn't have at least two of them.

We're going to start THREE!

Northman
03-15-2018, 05:54 AM
My dream draft right now would be Will Hernandez and McGlinchy in round 1 after a trade with Buff and Sony Michel in round 2.
Not sure where D'ron Payne is projected to fall but I like that dude a lot too.

I would love to have Sony on this team.

Simple Jaded
03-17-2018, 11:46 PM
First of all, I am increasingly thinking that we just gained a franchise QB. I know it is one year,
but Keenum didn't just play well. He finished in the league's top 10 in completion percentage,
interception rate, sack rate, and passer rating, including passer rating under pressure. From
his highlights, he has a quick release and good pocket awareness, and can extend plays like
crazy.

I am placing that in this thread because it dramatically affects Denver's options. In that
interest, I begin to salivate at the thought of six draft selections in the first three rounds. We
have heard about all the "holes" on the roster . . . well, what would that do for filling holes?
I would go for the second option in a heartbeat.

Found it.

#OrDidI?

topscribe
03-17-2018, 11:50 PM
Found it.

#OrDidI?
I see. So I said "I am increasingly thinking that . . . " A bit of an overstatement as written.
Probably better written as "may have gained . . . " That's what happens when one fires off
posts on a football board. :D

Elevation inc
03-20-2018, 08:01 AM
For me its simple. Draft Mayfield or Rosen at 5 if you have no have no faith in Kelly or Paxton and feel they are franchise worthy. If we don't go that route you draft nelson at 5 or trade to the back of the top 10 and grab a guy like Ward at CB. If we trade further down to the 12-15 range then draft a guy like like Da'Ron Payne from Alabama at DT or McGlinchey from Notre Dame at OT. If we go further back I would stick with a Vita Vea DT, Sonny Michael at RB, Rashan Evans at LB or Hernandez at Guard. I actually feel really good about all those players mentioned and its never a bad thing to obtain extra draft assets. I actually feel better about this draft then I did last year(although I think Bolles is rapidly improving) or the year prior with Paxton(who I was pissed we drafted because of mentality concerns).

Going back to QB I think Rosen and Mayfield are the most accurate and mentally prepared to start day 1, so they will be wanting to play asap. Kelly is our wildcard. if we don't draft a QB at 5 its because They want Kelly to be the guy, and truly feel he can be. The talk about lynch is just team talk to try and maintain some semblance of value for a late pick when they try and trade him. However he may just end up being a camp cut if there is no takers. Dude just doesn't have it mentally together.