PDA

View Full Version : Broncos to be Sold?

WARHORSE
03-11-2018, 03:54 PM
Fertitta brothers anyone? NAH.

Elway needs to start a Go Fund Me and buy ownership with the fans.......he would get the money.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22722780/fanatics-owner-michael-rubin-serious-bidder-carolina-panthers

Timmy!
03-11-2018, 03:56 PM
Fertitta brothers anyone?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22722780/fanatics-owner-michael-rubin-serious-bidder-carolina-panthers

Let's start pooling our money folks.

Davii
03-11-2018, 04:11 PM
If the team is sold in the next five years I'm willing to bet Elway puts together an ownership group. I'm willing to bet he's already working on it.

Shazam!
03-12-2018, 04:35 AM
If the team is sold in the next five years I'm willing to bet Elway puts together an ownership group. I'm willing to bet he's already working on it.

From your lips (or fingers) to God's will. The Bowlen situation needs to be resolved, amd if the daughter isn't stepping up to keep it in the family, Elway would be the best thing.

elsid13
03-12-2018, 07:31 AM
From your lips (or fingers) to God's will. The Bowlen situation needs to be resolved, amd if the daughter isn't stepping up to keep it in the family, Elway would be the best thing.

Only if included Mark Cuban or someone like that. You don’t want a Danny Snyder as owner.

Shazam!
03-12-2018, 07:45 AM

Only if included Mark Cuban or someone like that. You don’t want a Danny Snyder as owner.

Thats why Elway is the best placeholder.

CoachChaz
03-12-2018, 10:28 AM
Surely Elway and Manning could figure something out.

Freyaka
03-12-2018, 10:31 AM
Surely Elway and Manning could figure something out.

It's gonna take a lot. Elway's net worth is under $200M. The team is worth 2.6 billion dollars. That's a big gap to make up.

Davii
03-12-2018, 10:44 AM

That's why Elway would head the ownership group. He would be the defacto owner, anyone else is just an investor.

Davii
03-12-2018, 10:44 AM

That's why Elway would head the ownership group. He would be the defacto owner, anyone else is just an investor.

Davii
03-12-2018, 10:48 AM
It's gonna take a lot. Elway's net worth is under $200M. The team is worth 2.6 billion dollars. That's a big gap to make up.

They don't have to outright purchase the team though, they only have to get the Bowlen heirs to agree to some sort of arrangement where they purchase a portion and are given control of the team. The Bowlen kids could maintain 12% each (84%) and John could purchase 13% (or the remaining 16%), be the majority shareholder and run the organization. The children would then receive a share of revenue, etc for the rest of their lives and never have to lift a finger for the franchise unless they wanted to.

Cugel
03-12-2018, 02:46 PM
The Broncos are currently being run by Joe Ellis as trustee for the Bowlen Family Trust. When DMac asked the commissioner about the Broncos ownership situation he was told "it's all fine." He did not agree that Beth Bowlen was the best candidate (she's the most qualified at the moment), but her younger sister is now completing grad school for her business degree.

If there is no pressure from the league to take the team away and sell or appoint one of the children as lead owner, then the situation will just remain as it is, with the Trust owning and managing the team. And apparently there is no pressure from the league to "resolve" the situation by naming one of the Bowlen children.

It looks like nothing will happen in the next few years, and by then one of the Bowlen children will emerge as the new owner candidate. (The trust has established a list of criteria for that to happen including experience working with the team and an advanced law or business degree, etc.)

So, I'd be surprised if the Broncos were sold. Pat Bowlen didn't want that and the other owners are probably not going to force the issue. To do so would potentially make their own ownership less secure in future.

Longer term, one of the Bowlen children will take over as lead owner, and Joe Ellis will either stay on or retire and they find a new team president chairman and CEO.

Simple Jaded
03-12-2018, 05:51 PM
Wonder if Navarro the type of debt collection POS that keeps sending me a bill for a toll way I’ve never been on?