PDA

View Full Version : If We Sign Cousins....

WARHORSE
03-04-2018, 06:45 PM
If we're the ones that end up signing Cousins, what are some scenarios you want to see at the top of the draft?

If we trade up...who for?

If we stay put.....who for?

If we move down.....how far and who for?

If we move up, the only guy I see worth it is Barkley.....but I don't want to give up the house so that probably does not take place. If we can get him for a second and a third.....ok, I won't throw a fit on that but that would be the extent.

If we stay put, Id say it would have to be for Chubbs or Tremaine. Tremaine to me is the answer to New England. He would cover Gronk no problem. He would make the pass rush tilt to MAX PAY. We are missing Demarcus Ware. Put Tremaine at OLB and not only do you get to rest Von sometimes, you have the ability to pin back the ears with Von, Shane, Walker, Tremaine and Wolfe bearing down on the QB. He can cover, he's huge, he's a stud rusher, he drops the QB, he's fast and he makes plays. He tackles.

If we move down a little it would be for Tremaine, Nelson or Vita Vea.

If we move way down Id like to do it with Buffalo and with reason. Id ask for picks 21, 22 and a second next year. Then I would trade either 21 or 22 for more picks next year. Possibly use picks this year to move back up a little if need.
We would have two firsts, high second, high third, another third, two high fourths and four other picks.
We cant put this many players on the field. I think we should begin to stockpile picks like the 76ers and Celtics. No NFL team does this.

Simple Jaded
03-04-2018, 06:58 PM
That’s a long way to drop, if that’s the case there’s a QB that Buffalo wants that’s still on the board ... which means the price would start with what Houston/KC gave up last season.

I’d insist on LT Cordy Glenn be included, then do everything I can to move back up for Nelson if he gets out of Top 10.

You’re no longer getting an elite prospect, otherwise, which is what Denver needs. Maybe you could move down a little at a time and still get Nelson at a spot most people are more comfortable taking a G, accumulating picks.

The biggest problem I see with accumulating picks is how good Denver is at wasting 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Simple Jaded
03-04-2018, 07:01 PM
By the way, Cleveland is literally doing this ... stockpiling picks.

Tned
03-04-2018, 07:33 PM
If the Broncos sign cousins, then the number 2 priority, which arguably is 1b, is to get a right tackle and quality guard. Cousins didn't fair well under pressure, and the Broncos still have two glaring holes in the line.

So, that probably means using the 5th pick on the guard, and then either getting an RT in FA (probably can't afford the Miami RT and Cousins) or in the 2nd or 3rd round.

The Broncos can be competitive and in the playoff/championship race next year even if they fail to upgrade every single position, EXCEPT for the three glaring holes: QB, LG and RT.

WARHORSE
03-04-2018, 07:37 PM
I can see that. I just feel at 5 we need to take best player available. Perhaps that would be Nelson, but the last couple of 'sure' guard prospects that got taken high were nothing of note. If Nelson can push Suh and the like around like guys in college, by all means come aboard.

chazoe60
03-04-2018, 07:48 PM
We have a RT on the roster, we drafted him last year, what we need is a legit LT.

Northman
03-04-2018, 07:53 PM
If we sign cousins you stand pat and sign BPA which could be OL or a guy like Barkley.

DenBronx
03-04-2018, 08:28 PM
If we sign cousins you stand pat and sign BPA which could be OL or a guy like Barkley. with the Browns picking 2x before us do you really think he will be there at 5? No way they are that dumb.

Simple Jaded
03-04-2018, 09:09 PM
with the Browns picking 2x before us do you really think he will be there at 5? No way they are that dumb.

0-16, DB, oh and sixteen.

Ziggy
03-05-2018, 01:02 AM
If we get Cousins, give me the hall of fame guard at 5.

https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/947920275328372736

WARHORSE
03-05-2018, 06:57 AM
By the way, Cleveland is literally doing this ... stockpiling picks.

Yeah....but losing doing it. Tanking. Maybe they picked coach for a reason. Maybe theres a reason they dont sign a good QB.....that way they keep getting the number one pick.

Tned
03-05-2018, 09:23 AM
If we get Cousins, give me the hall of fame guard at 5.

https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/947920275328372736

Yep, that's who I think they need to get if they sign Cousins, and then still need an RT. They can't continue to let pass rushers go by the RT like he's a tackling dummy. That's a sure way to break your new $30+ million a year toy.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-05-2018, 09:48 AM
It depends on who goes where before we pick. If we get Cousins and Chubb is still there (NYG goes QB and Indy goes Barkley, I say we take Chubb. If Chubb is gone, we may take Nelson but I think a trade back is a better option.

Honestly, in the past decade or so, name a Guard drafted high in the first that made the most impact? Mike Iupati? How much impact did he make really? He was a big name so he was a perennial pro bowler, but how much real impact did he have on winning or losing games? Anybody game planning for him? Anybody building a team to beat him, stop him, or avoid him? Of course not. That’s why I don’t think you can take a Guard at 5. Honestly, if we don’t take him at 5 and Tampa passes on him, he’ll likely fall into the 20’s.

CoachChaz
03-05-2018, 10:00 AM
It depends on who goes where before we pick. If we get Cousins and Chubb is still there (NYG goes QB and Indy goes Barkley, I say we take Chubb. If Chubb is gone, we may take Nelson but I think a trade back is a better option.

Honestly, in the past decade or so, name a Guard drafted high in the first that made the most impact? Mike Iupati? How much impact did he make really? He was a big name so he was a perennial pro bowler, but how much real impact did he have on winning or losing games? Anybody game planning for him? Anybody building a team to beat him, stop him, or avoid him? Of course not. That’s why I don’t think you can take a Guard at 5. Honestly, if we don’t take him at 5 and Tampa passes on him, he’ll likely fall into the 20’s.

Brandon Sherff and Zack Martin have been pretty damn good.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-05-2018, 10:06 AM
Brandon Sherff and Zack Martin have been pretty damn good.

Good enough for the #5 overall pick? If offered would you trade it for either of them? Yeah, me neither. They just don’t impact the game enough. You can scheme your interior Oline to perform with double teams and combo blocks. OTs are left on an island. G/C, not so much.

CoachChaz
03-05-2018, 10:15 AM
Good enough for the #5 overall pick? If offered would you trade it for either of them? Yeah, me neither. They just don’t impact the game enough. You can scheme your interior Oline to perform with double teams and combo blocks. OTs are left on an island. G/C, not so much.

Well...Scherff was a #5 overall pick. When you have a RT playing LT and a tackling dummy playing RT, your QB has to be able to step up into the pocket. Something our QB's havent been able to do the last few years. Imagine having an All-Pro at an interior position to help with that and then maybe improving your OT situation through FA. Trust me...that has a significant impact on the game.

Poet
03-05-2018, 10:35 AM
Well...Scherff was a #5 overall pick. When you have a RT playing LT and a tackling dummy playing RT, your QB has to be able to step up into the pocket. Something our QB's havent been able to do the last few years. Imagine having an All-Pro at an interior position to help with that and then maybe improving your OT situation through FA. Trust me...that has a significant impact on the game.

I don't think it is significant when your QB can't get it done. The great Oakland line meant little when Carr went out. And the Cowboys line being great doesn't help much when Dak struggles, or has to win a game on his back. The Titans have a wonderful line, and it doesn't mean much with Mariota because, let's face it, he's not panned out as much of a passer. But, we've seen good and great QB's make an offensive line look much better than it its. That's the real appeal of signing a good veteran QB on this team, honestly.

Slick
03-05-2018, 11:47 AM

This + better running game and ability to pick up a 3rd and 1 running behind that bulldozer.

Poet
03-05-2018, 12:01 PM
This + better running game and ability to pick up a 3rd and 1 running behind that bulldozer.

And with this defense we can be...the Ravens from the last three years.

Taking an all-world guard would be awesome if the defense was on the rise and not on the decline.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-05-2018, 12:11 PM

I believe you, but let’s not deal in extremes, either. Max Garcia should not be a starting Guard in this league. If we had even a competent one on the other side of Leary (who should be the LG anyway) we’d be fine there. Replacing Max Garcia shouldn’t require spending the #5 overall pick. Plenty of interior Oline men we could get later in the draft would be a vast improvement (or McGovern without spending a draft pick) over Garcia.

We need a Tackle much more than a Guard. There isn’t a Tackle at #5, so get another impact player (fix our pass rush -give Von Some help) or trade back.

This is all moot if we don’t get Cousins of course.

dogfish
03-05-2018, 12:21 PM
1. draft that monster quentin nelson
2. ???
3. profit!!

dogfish
03-05-2018, 12:22 PM
you guys actually wanna be able to run the football, or are we cool just talking about it?

Poet
03-05-2018, 05:25 PM
you guys actually wanna be able to run the football, or are we cool just talking about it?

Nothing on offense matters without a QB. You start there, then you worry about the rest of the offense. Between the Raiders, Cowboys, and Titans, how many awesome OL are there and how many playoff games are they racking up?

With all due respect to this prospect that everyone's jizzing themselves over, a few years ago they were saying the exact same thing about how Cooper was the best guard prospect ever. I have no issue with taking a guard at five. But taking a guard at five over a legitimate first round QB, assuming we DO NOT have Cousins is not just stupid, it's unconscionable.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-05-2018, 06:08 PM
Nothing on offense matters without a QB. You start there, then you worry about the rest of the offense. Between the Raiders, Cowboys, and Titans, how many awesome OL are there and how many playoff games are they racking up?

With all due respect to this prospect that everyone's jizzing themselves over, a few years ago they were saying the exact same thing about how Cooper was the best guard prospect ever. I have no issue with taking a guard at five. But taking a guard at five over a legitimate first round QB, assuming we DO NOT have Cousins is not just stupid, it's unconscionable.

I think the whole point is assuming we have Cousins, what do we do with #5.

dogfish
03-05-2018, 06:14 PM
I think the whole point is assuming we have Cousins, what do we do with #5.

kinger don't read so good, apparently. . .

Poet
03-05-2018, 06:19 PM
kinger don't read so good, apparently. . .

Kinger reads ever so good. Kinger was making an overarching point. Kinger sad with you.

dogfish
03-05-2018, 06:30 PM
Kinger reads ever so good. Kinger was making an overarching point. Kinger sad with you.

don't you disrespect warhorse's thread!

Poet
03-05-2018, 07:35 PM

If we sign Cousins we can take someone at five who isn't a QB, and that person can be a guard. If it's a guard, the board will celebrate with joy about said guard.

Signing Cousins in that regard would be dope.

Northman
03-05-2018, 08:07 PM
Just heard on local radio that the bidding for cousins is now down to the Vikings and jets apparently the Broncos and Cardinals are out.

Poet
03-05-2018, 08:13 PM
Just heard on local radio that the bidding for cousins is now down to the Vikings and jets apparently the Broncos and Cardinals are out.

Woof.

WARHORSE
03-05-2018, 08:17 PM

Lol....whoa! He's overarching.....everyone is allowed to overarch once in a while. heh heh

Simple Jaded
03-06-2018, 01:06 AM
Klis said the Broncos are still “very much all-in on Barf Cousins”. Word for word.

NightTerror218
03-06-2018, 12:19 PM
We are good at LT. Just need a RT. Can McGovern take over LG? He looked promising at end of year. I see why Watson is being kept but there has to be a better backup option for cheap.

Jsteve01
03-06-2018, 01:29 PM
Klis said the Broncos are still “very much all-in on Barf Cousins”. Word for word.

Please explain your love for Rosen and disdain for Cousins in three paragraphs or less

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-06-2018, 02:23 PM
Please explain your love for Rosen and disdain for Cousins in three paragraphs or less

Jaded can usually perform those tasks in three words or less