PDA

View Full Version : Todd Davis

Ziggy
03-01-2018, 09:22 PM
Can someone please explain the Broncos fascination with this guy? I don't care what the stats say, he's been the weak link on the defense for the last 2 years. His instincts are almost non existent. Yes, he makes tackles. If anyone has the games from 2017 recorded, go back and focus on him while he's in the game. He's constantly picking the wrong gap while playing the run, and leaving open receivers running all over the field in the passing game.

Now Elway is saying that the Broncos want to keep him here. I'm hoping that it's another in a long line of smoke screens. This guy is the defensive version of Michael Schofield.

Anyone?
Bueller?
Bueller?

Tned
03-01-2018, 10:16 PM
They were looking for the next great TD in Denver? That's all I got.

Jsteve01
03-01-2018, 11:07 PM
I don't get it either. And the other thing I don't get is why Korey Nelson isn't even being discussed. He was far better on passing Downs last year before the injury. So maybe not quite the thumper but in today's NFL that doesn't matter you don't need an old school downhill Thumper you need a guy that could play in space and get out and cover running backs and tight ends which is what Corey Nelson brings to the football team. There's not even any discussion. It really reminds me of the situation Woodyard.

Buff
03-01-2018, 11:34 PM
Davis is a good dude who is well liked, Elway may have just been saying the right things knowing he'll probably sign elsewhere.

Simple Jaded
03-04-2018, 08:10 PM
How can you keep Davis and wipe your ass with Talibing and CJ?

#JumpedTheShark

Rick
03-05-2018, 09:29 AM
Have you ever seen him on a Wednesday? Dude is a baller.

Simple Jaded
03-06-2018, 01:13 AM
Have you ever seen him on a Wednesday? Dude is a baller.

He had a great week of practice.

Cugel
03-06-2018, 10:30 AM
He had a great week of practice.

Not only that but he looked great in pre-game warmups too. He absolutely crushed the stretching exercises!

broncofaninfla
03-06-2018, 06:45 PM
I see both Marshall and Davis as weak links to this defense. Would love to see us upgrade at both ILB spots.

Ziggy
03-14-2018, 04:58 PM
Once Wade left I wondered if this D would ever be elite again. Now I know it won't any time soon:

Linebacker Todd Davis, 25, re-signed with the Broncos on a three-year deal that could be worth up to $15 million, a source confirmed. Davis, who was claimed off waivers from the New Orleans Saints in 2014, was one of Denver's most prominent unrestricted free agents.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22764620/todd-davis-returning-denver-broncos-3-year-deal

topscribe
03-14-2018, 05:08 PM
Can someone please explain the Broncos fascination with this guy? I don't care what the stats say, he's been the weak link on the defense for the last 2 years. His instincts are almost non existent. Yes, he makes tackles. If anyone has the games from 2017 recorded, go back and focus on him while he's in the game. He's constantly picking the wrong gap while playing the run, and leaving open receivers running all over the field in the passing game.

Now Elway is saying that the Broncos want to keep him here. I'm hoping that it's another in a long line of smoke screens. This guy is the defensive version of Michael Schofield.

Anyone?
Bueller?
Bueller?
Kind of reminds me of their stubborn resistance on keeping Lance Ball around, if you recall . . .

Ziggy
03-14-2018, 05:24 PM
Kind of reminds me of their stubborn resistance on keeping Lance Ball around, if you recall . . .

Ala Nate 'No-Helmet' Webster

Andhom
03-15-2018, 02:37 PM
I see both Marshall and Davis as weak links to this defense. Would love to see us upgrade at both ILB spots.

yep, seeing them exactly the same. and by the way, yeah.. it would be a good thing to see upgrade at both ILB spots indeed.

dogfish
03-15-2018, 04:08 PM
we must have wanted him back because he's too nice to make fun of vance. . . what a waste of money. . .

Hawgdriver
03-15-2018, 04:36 PM
Todd Davis is my adopted Bronco. He symbolizes everything the Broncos mean to me right now. Love that guy.

Ziggy
03-15-2018, 04:41 PM
Todd Davis is my adopted Bronco. He symbolizes everything the Broncos mean to me right now. Love that guy.

The Broncos mean constantly filling the wrong gap on run plays, and trailing receivers by 5 yards to you?

Buff
03-15-2018, 04:42 PM
I think ya'll are being a little overly harsh. The ILB has been so devalued in recent years, Davis seems fine to me. Trevathan was never as good as people made him out to be here - and Wesley Woodyard was borderline turrible, and everyone loved that guy.

Maybe we slightly overpaid - but there is some value in his experience and intangibles.

Buff
03-15-2018, 04:42 PM
The Broncos mean constantly filling the wrong gap on run plays, and trailing receivers by 5 yards to you?

I think he was being sarcastic and saying that Davis symbolizes overpaying for mediocrity.

Hawgdriver
03-15-2018, 04:46 PM

Yessir! Let's go team! Championship habits start with a vision.

Yes, it's somewhat sarcastic, but I also mean it. If these guys are paid/drafted to be ballers, let's see it. I'd rather see them kick ass than be the scrubs I think they are.

So Todd Davis is my guy.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-15-2018, 06:16 PM
I think ya'll are being a little overly harsh. The ILB has been so devalued in recent years, Davis seems fine to me. Trevathan was never as good as people made him out to be here - and Wesley Woodyard was borderline turrible, and everyone loved that guy.

Maybe we slightly overpaid - but there is some value in his experience and intangibles.

I miss Trevathan. At least he could cover. Other than Von’s pick of Brady in the playoffs, when was the last time one of our LBs had a pick... or even a pass breakup?

Simple Jaded
03-15-2018, 09:21 PM

I don’t disagree that ILB has been devalued, but it’s counterintuitive to me that you pay millions for a player you can replace so easy at a devalued position.

Simple Jaded
03-15-2018, 09:25 PM
Ala Nate 'No-Helmet' Webster
Nasty Nate Jackson.

Hawgdriver
03-15-2018, 09:36 PM
I don’t disagree that ILB has been devalued, but it’s counterintuitive to me that you pay millions for a player you can replace so easy at a devalued position.

Yeah, so you gotta be full of hot air since smarter people paid him. What gives?

Simple Jaded
03-15-2018, 09:39 PM
Yeah, so you gotta be full of hot air since smarter people paid him. What gives?

Define “smarter”.

Hawgdriver
03-15-2018, 09:41 PM
Define “smarter”.

So why do they keep him. There must be some reason for so much money to go into roster creation and player evaluation that there is a reason.

Simple Jaded
03-15-2018, 09:46 PM
So why do they keep him. There must be some reason for so much money to go into roster creation and player evaluation that there is a reason.

They’re stupid, dude is garbage.

Hawgdriver
03-15-2018, 09:47 PM
They’re stupid, dude is garbage.

Could be, but I don't buy it.

Hawgdriver
03-15-2018, 09:47 PM
He's got pics or something.

Simple Jaded
03-15-2018, 09:54 PM
Maybe he’s the best they can do? Both parties are desperate.

Hawgdriver
03-15-2018, 09:56 PM
Is he that bad against the run? I get that he gets caught pants down sometimes, but these dudes do this for a living and review every single friggin play ad naseum. I think it's a minor overspend for a generally reliable guy that can't cover special TEs.

Simple Jaded
03-15-2018, 10:02 PM
Is he that bad against the run? I get that he gets caught pants down sometimes, but these dudes do this for a living and review every single friggin play ad naseum. I think it's a minor overspend for a generally reliable guy that can't cover special TEs.

All he can do is play the run, and he’s not even good at that. Somebody with PFF can give you some numbers. I think he guesses because he has to get a head start because OLman are faster than he is.

In coverage, to quote John Elway “uhhhhhhh ... no!”

Btw, he’s got short arms.

#It’sScience

Hawgdriver
03-15-2018, 10:05 PM
All he can do is play the run, and he’s not even good at that. Somebody with PFF can give you some numbers. I think he guesses because he has to get a head start because OLman are faster than he is.

In coverage, to quote John Elway “uhhhhhhh ... no!”

Btw, he’s got short arms.

#It’sScience

Quit talking shit about my adopted Bronco.

Simple Jaded
03-15-2018, 10:11 PM
Quit talking shit about my adopted Bronco.

There’s still 6 months to change your adopted Bronco.

Hawgdriver
03-15-2018, 10:12 PM
There’s still 6 months to change your adopted Bronco.

Why should I listen to a guy that says PFF is poo then cites PFF?

Simple Jaded
03-15-2018, 10:12 PM

Instinct?

Poet
03-15-2018, 10:54 PM

That should give him credibility because he doesn't just stick to a one sided faux gospel site as he makes the best argument he can.

For instance, Frey cited to the fact that the Vikings offensive line was worse (according to PFF) than Denver's. But, he pointed out that we gave up twice the sacks that their line did, and that the ranking took into account run blocking as well. He found another source, I forgot which one, that is reputable and it listed the Vikings much higher. Jaded, while rougher around the edges, is still the same way.

You're a statistician, and you play coy with us. But I know that you know, Hawg. We all do. Don't make Jaded and I give you the spooky eye!

Simple Jaded
03-15-2018, 10:54 PM
#Hashtag

Poet
03-15-2018, 10:55 PM
I think Todd Davis is just kinda stupid.

Hawgdriver
03-15-2018, 10:58 PM
I think Todd Davis is just kinda stupid.

You and me are going to spend some time in nature together for that.

Poet
03-15-2018, 11:03 PM
You and me are going to spend some time in nature together for that.

There could be worse things than that. Seriously, as long as I don't get eaten by a shark, or attacked by murder-spiders, it'll be okay. It's about looking to the bright side of things, really.

Hawgdriver
03-15-2018, 11:06 PM
No, I mean pine trees awash with a brisk wind. Crackling brooks. Dry air and trails. Sudden chill from the now dangerous weather.

Poet
03-15-2018, 11:08 PM
No, I mean pine trees awash with a brisk wind. Crackling brooks. Dry air and trails. Sudden chill from the now dangerous weather.

I know what you mean, man. I'm just saying as long as I'm not savaged and ravaged by those aforementioned things, it'll be okay. And even then, there'd be a story to tell. And if we perishes, our memories would live on in the people that we knew. We'd not be forgotten and we'd get to take the next trip in the afterlife. Everything moves forward, Hawg, in the end, it'll work out because it has to. Quite literally. And that should make us feel better because the certainty, the unavoidable entity of truth will carry the day.

Hawgdriver
03-15-2018, 11:13 PM
[hawgdriver thinks to himself 'what treachery within this brute lies?']

Did I mention nature? There are no hashtags in nature.

Poet
03-15-2018, 11:16 PM
[hawgdriver thinks to himself 'what treachery within this brute lies?']

Did I mention nature? There are no hashtags in nature.

Sometimes when the stress is high and the glow of a computer screen is a shining demon I retreat to the outdoors. There it doesn't matter what my grades are, what my credit score is, what internship I have, or what my goals are. It's just something nice to experience that's bigger (few things are) than I am.

Hawgdriver
03-15-2018, 11:17 PM
Hm. The pitch still needs a little work. I'm not going to bite on that.

Poet
03-15-2018, 11:21 PM
Hm. The pitch still needs a little work. I'm not going to bite on that.

I mean no offense, but not everything I post is designed to get a response. Sometimes it more about just stating your mind to your buds and letting it be what it'll be. Besides, if that's how I am, and how I get through life, why would I need you to 'bite on it'? I think it's sufficient that you learned something about someone else today. There's a value to that.