PDA

View Full Version : Just another example of the stupid NFL rules, that makes the game truly suck.

Broncoknight30
02-20-2018, 07:37 AM
Frank Reich, new head coach of the Colts, is NOT ALLOWED TO TALK TO ANDREW LUCK about his health until April.

Against "the rules"

So, essentially it is rather impossible to effectively plan to trade a player or make real plans for the draft until you have pertinent information. You are not allowed to communicate with players, other than saying "HI!"

More proof that we humans are becoming more pathetic.

Timmy!
02-20-2018, 08:12 AM
NFL rules= litmus test for human decency.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/26b1afcba193bbc726fb3c8cbfbce86e/tenor.gif?itemid=4898322

Davii
02-20-2018, 08:14 AM
Frank Reich, new head coach of the Colts, is NOT ALLOWED TO TALK TO ANDREW LUCK about his health until April.

Against "the rules"

So, essentially it is rather impossible to effectively plan to trade a player or make real plans for the draft until you have pertinent information. You are not allowed to communicate with players, other than saying "HI!"

More proof that we humans are becoming more pathetic.

True, but also not the whole picture. Team doctors have all the information they need, the team doctors are free to talk to Luck's doctors as long as Luck himself has signed the information release forms, etc. There's no reason that Frank Reich can't figure out where the health of his QB stands, at least as much as conversation with Andrew would be able to tell him anyhow. He can't bring him in to throw, but from what we've heard he wouldn't do that anyhow.

I agree that the rules with team communication with players in the offseason is absolutely ridiculous, but to say the coach can't find out anything about the health of his star player is false, unless that star player doesn't want the team knowing.

Tned
02-20-2018, 08:19 AM
True, but also not the whole picture. Team doctors have all the information they need, the team doctors are free to talk to Luck's doctors as long as Luck himself has signed the information release forms, etc. There's no reason that Frank Reich can't figure out where the health of his QB stands, at least as much as conversation with Andrew would be able to tell him anyhow. He can't bring him in to throw, but from what we've heard he wouldn't do that anyhow.

I agree that the rules with team communication with players in the offseason is absolutely ridiculous, but to say the coach can't find out anything about the health of his star player is false, unless that star player doesn't want the team knowing.

Also, I believe this was an NFLPA requirement in the last CBA and not something the league or owners wanted.

Broncoknight30
02-20-2018, 08:23 AM

I didnt say he cannot find out, but that he cannot talk to Luck about his health or other pertinent information UNTIL APRIL. Instead, Reich can talk to the TEAM DOCTORS.

Lol

Tned
02-20-2018, 08:33 AM
I didnt say he cannot find out, but that he cannot talk to Luck about his health or other pertinent information UNTIL APRIL. Instead, Reich can talk to the TEAM DOCTORS.

Lol

The union wanted the players to have most of the off season, off and so greatly reduced any team contact. They made these stringent rules to prevent teams from pressuring players into "voluntary" activities. That's why since the last CBA you've seen lots of examples of QBs or WRs organizing throwing camps and the like, where the players are organizing their own off season sessions, because the NFLPA refuses to allow those activities to be conducted or even hosted (if players are asking for it) by the team.

Cugel
02-26-2018, 11:13 PM

I was going to point this out. Now I don't need to. The Colts know absolutely everything they need to about Andrew Luck's health. They have all the medical exams. They got them during the season. They don't need to get a bunch of new tests now unless he's undergoing further surgeries or something.

MOtorboat
02-27-2018, 12:01 AM
You're free to stop watching.

It's still The Greatest Show on Earth...it's why ESPN devotes 65 percent of air time to it; why the NFL Network is damn near a staple on cable providers' basic plans; why the league routinely makes billions and the TV contracts keeping going up and up and up. Feel free not to watch. I enjoy it. And I kind of get sick of the whining, to be honest.