PDA

View Full Version : Trade Slim

Freyaka
02-13-2018, 03:32 PM
Since we are all throwing out great and very likely trade scenarios, Does anyone think we could get someone like the Raiders or the Chargers to kick the tires on Slim? I know he's getting a little worn out as a poster, but he's still got a little bit of quality posting left in the tank. Heck, he might even be an upgrade over many of their current posters.

What do you all think?

wayninja
02-13-2018, 03:37 PM
I think I'll count this against Slim's tally.

Easily qualifies.

Dreadnought
02-13-2018, 04:14 PM
Slim is irreplaceable. I wouldn't be able to bear it; he is the straw that stirs the drink. We might offer Cugel or Jaded though

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-13-2018, 04:16 PM
Slim is irreplaceable. I wouldn't be able to bear it; he is the straw that stirs the drink. We might offer Cugel or Jaded though

I’m in the “trade all 3 camp”. It’s time for rebuild mode

dogfish
02-13-2018, 04:19 PM
what would the cap hit be? i can't imagine the return would be higher than a conditional late rounder. . .

Freyaka
02-13-2018, 04:22 PM

Jaded I can see, he hasn't been a team player and frankly is replaceable now that Kinger is back, but if we get rid of Cugel, then we have to rely on Joel to hit our monthly word count, he's mostly disappeared since the season ended.

I'm just not seeing it.

Timmy!
02-13-2018, 04:24 PM
We have a no trade clause......and a cheeseburger clause.

Valar Morghulis
02-13-2018, 04:25 PM
Jaded is a legend. He might even be Ron burgundy

Freyaka
02-13-2018, 04:30 PM
Jaded is a legend. He might even be Ron burgundy

Well...This is awkward... Did you not see the memo Dave? You were traded last month in a first ever cross-sport trade. You are now with Manchester United. You were supposed to report there three weeks ago, I'm afraid we're going to have to ask you to leave now... We have already eaten the snickers bar so it's not like we can undo the trade.

MOtorboat
02-13-2018, 06:17 PM
His value is at the lowest it’s ever been. All we’re going to get back is a half-retarded Patriots fan and maybe a six pack of Natty Light.

Dreadnought
02-13-2018, 06:57 PM
His value is at the lowest it’s ever been. All we’re going to get back is a half-retarded Patriots fan and maybe a six pack of Natty Light.

He was the best. THE BEST!!!!! Ring of Honor poster. Best pants-free poster in the history of football forum posting. He deserves special appreciation for his past achievements if for nothing else. Additionally, its hard to find a Pats fan who measures up to only half-retarded. We already have PAGS after all.

MOtorboat
02-13-2018, 07:15 PM
He was the best. THE BEST!!!!! Ring of Honor poster. Best pants-free poster in the history of football forum posting. He deserves special appreciation for his past achievements if for nothing else. Additionally, its hard to find a Pats fan who measures up to only half-retarded. We already have PAGS after all.

He’s wearing pants now. It’s just not the same. We’re going to have to ride out the contract and scheme for his faults.

dogfish
02-13-2018, 07:18 PM

i would at least hold out for a half-retarded jags fan. . . slim can still provide some value in the right system. . .

Hawgdriver
02-13-2018, 07:20 PM
dibs on the Natty Light

elsid13
02-13-2018, 07:30 PM
I'm sure the deal will be void once the physical occurs.

MOtorboat
02-13-2018, 07:33 PM
dibs on the Natty Light

I'm the one who negotiated it, so best you got is one of six.

dogfish
02-13-2018, 07:34 PM
dibs on the Natty Light

not gonna fight you. . . i drank more than my life's fill of that gnarly shit at college keggers. . .

elsid13
02-13-2018, 07:34 PM
I'm the one who negotiated it, so best you got is one of six.

your negotiation skills suck if the best you could get was natty light.

Poet
02-13-2018, 07:44 PM
Jaded I can see, he hasn't been a team player and frankly is replaceable now that Kinger is back, but if we get rid of Cugel, then we have to rely on Joel to hit our monthly word count, he's mostly disappeared since the season ended.

I'm just not seeing it.

First off, Jaded is my man. He's my the DT to the PFM.

We ain't trading Jaded. He's smart, funny, he's loyal, and he's a god damned beast. We ain't trading Slim! He's the glue that holds us together. He's our god damned Nalen. Center right at the dead of the action.

MOtorboat
02-13-2018, 07:46 PM
your negotiation skills suck if the best you could get was natty light.

It's slim. They started with beast.

elsid13
02-13-2018, 07:52 PM
It's slim. They started with beast.

Slim is worth a case of warm bud light lime and Canada's finest import Black Label. Anything less is insult to entire board.

elsid13
02-13-2018, 07:52 PM

We ain't trading Jaded. He's smart, funny, he's loyal, and he's a god damned beast. We ain't trading Slim! He's the glue that holds us together. He's our god damned Nalen. Center right at the dead of the action.

It better to let go of vet a year early then a year to late.

MOtorboat
02-13-2018, 07:56 PM
Slim is worth a case of warm bud light lime and Canada's finest import Black Label. Anything less is insult to entire board.

Look, I know you think he's worth that. I'm just saying in reality, the worth has dropped. I mean, he's wearing pants at work now.

elsid13
02-13-2018, 08:00 PM
Look, I know you think he's worth that. I'm just saying in reality, the worth has dropped. I mean, he's wearing pants at work now.

https://youtu.be/mBS0OWGUidc

MO!

MOtorboat
02-13-2018, 08:02 PM
Slim is gonna be so pissed when he signs back in.

Poet
02-13-2018, 08:13 PM
Slim is a first ballot guy.

I'm sick of this divisiveness. This isn't business. This is butchery.

Dreadnought
02-13-2018, 08:49 PM

Jaded doesn't appreciate crushing the hopes and dreams of Steeler Nation. The game is too fast and complex at this level and it has passed him by. We need a Franchise guy in his spot; he'll never be more than a backup. You're spot on regarding the Slim = Nalen comparison

Poet
02-13-2018, 08:58 PM
Jaded doesn't appreciate crushing the hopes and dreams of Steeler Nation. The game is too fast and complex at this level and it has passed him by. We need a Franchise guy in his spot; he'll never be more than a backup. You're spot on regarding the Slim = Nalen comparison

He understands it, but he doesn't appreciate it. Because he wants more. He's moving too fast for the game sometimes. We need to coach him up. They let Haley go when they thought he wasn't worth it. Jaded is our Charles Haley, Dread.

I'm going to coach this man up! I'll take this burden!

elsid13
02-13-2018, 09:05 PM
He understands it, but he doesn't appreciate it. Because he wants more. He's moving too fast for the game sometimes. We need to coach him up. They let Haley go when they thought he wasn't worth it. Jaded is our Charles Haley, Dread.

I'm going to coach this man up! I'll take this burden!

So Jade is going to be in bar fight and break his old ass hip?

elsid13
02-13-2018, 09:06 PM
Slim is a first ballot guy.

I'm sick of this divisiveness. This isn't business. This is butchery.

Profootballltalk is reporting you are on the block too.

Poet
02-13-2018, 09:07 PM

Please. I'm one of the best to ever do this, and I'm in my prime. Someone get this water boy out of my faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace!

/quietly calls agent.

Dreadnought
02-13-2018, 10:01 PM

They say many silly things, so take it for what its worth

dogfish
02-13-2018, 10:03 PM

i was gonna say. . . florio is almost always wrong, so you're probably good. . .

Hawgdriver
02-13-2018, 10:04 PM
Looking back, do you think Slim's metrics justify his contract? If we had to do it over again, would you ink the deal?

I checked PFF and his offensive capability was through the roof. But that's PFF.

Poet
02-13-2018, 10:13 PM

If Joe Montana can be traded, then so can I. But dammit, I took a team friendly deal! I came back home! I study hard. I do my assignments! I tackle everything in front of me! Wait...I'm a guard...I shou...

Trade me to Cleveland for a fourth rounder. I don't have it anymore...I was supposed to be great...

Davii
02-13-2018, 10:35 PM
If Joe Montana can be traded, then so can I. But dammit, I took a team friendly deal! I came back home! I study hard. I do my assignments! I tackle everything in front of me! Wait...I'm a guard...I shou...

Trade me to Cleveland for a fourth rounder. I don't have it anymore...I was supposed to be great...

Team friendly? They've been catering meals for practice and you've easily crushed twice your salary at the buffet.

Dreadnought
02-13-2018, 10:57 PM
Looking back, do you think Slim's metrics justify his contract? If we had to do it over again, would you ink the deal?

I checked PFF and his offensive capability was through the roof. But that's PFF.

Forget metrics. I know Slim ****** up his three cone drill, but the man flat knows how to play, with or without his britches

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-13-2018, 11:05 PM

There's no questioning his ability to be offensive.

Poet
02-13-2018, 11:09 PM
Team friendly? They've been catering meals for practice and you've easily crushed twice your salary at the buffet.

The coaches wanted me to hit weight. I didn't pull a Haynesworth! This is a set up!

Dreadnought! For old time's sake. Defend me!

Freyaka
02-13-2018, 11:24 PM

Could we maybe package a few of our half-retarded patriots fans into the deal and get a fully retarded patriots fan back?

Freyaka
02-13-2018, 11:28 PM

Jaded's ceiling is at best Alex Smith... but if we aren't lucky, we're talking Trevor Seimian in here...

Freyaka
02-13-2018, 11:30 PM

Wonder if the Bungles will take him back? Or, there is always the Browns, though I wouldn't wish that on WTE, much less Kinger.

Poet
02-13-2018, 11:37 PM
Jaded is mother ******* Otto Graham!

Freyaka
02-13-2018, 11:51 PM
Jaded is mother ******* Otto Graham!

I don't care if he's a mother forking Joe Montana, he's become a cancer in the locker room, he's gotta go.

dogfish
02-13-2018, 11:55 PM
Could we maybe package a few of our half-retarded patriots fans into the deal and get a fully retarded patriots fan back?

no. . . i don't want bojangles back. . .

wayninja
02-13-2018, 11:57 PM
This. His off the field antics have become too much. No team is going to take a chance on him.

Hawgdriver
02-14-2018, 12:21 AM
This. His off the field antics have become too much. No team is going to take a chance on him.

If he can go an offseason without another shooting in the ass, there will be a taker. You can't deny there is some real talent there.

elsid13
02-14-2018, 05:21 AM
Slim is gonna be so pissed when he signs back in.

I fully expect Wide Receiver Brandon Marshall/Josh Mcdumbass incident.

slim
02-14-2018, 10:59 AM
I am not wearing any pants.

Valar Morghulis
02-14-2018, 11:39 AM

i just pulled mine down

MOtorboat
02-14-2018, 12:52 PM

Nice try.

slim
02-14-2018, 01:35 PM
Nice try.

I am a broken man.

Cugel
02-14-2018, 08:12 PM

Well, perhaps if they paid me a salary like Wade Phillips to move to San Diego or LA I could bear it. They have amazing weather there you know.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-14-2018, 09:35 PM

We all know you wear dresses

Joel
02-16-2018, 05:30 AM

I'm just not seeing it.
If slim goes I'll demand a trade too: This is how you lose the locker room, genius. Since Zam's retired, good luck going into next season with nothing but a past-his-prime Cugel. He can't compete with steno pool rookies anymore; All Pro Russian bots like Pags and WTE will turn him into their highlight reel.

elsid13
02-16-2018, 07:11 AM
So has the trade happen or not? Because I have dibs on Slick's locker, (after it been hosed out and bleached)

Freyaka
02-16-2018, 08:30 AM
So has the trade happen or not? Because I have dibs on Slick's locker, (after it been hosed out and bleached)

Well the new league year hasn't opened up yet, but my sources within the team say his days in Denver are numbered. #DeadManWalking

elsid13
02-16-2018, 09:15 AM
Well the new league year hasn't opened up yet, but my sources within the team say his days in Denver are numbered. #DeadManWalking

I heard that Slim has stopped walking and bought himself one of those motorized scooter to get around. So #DeadManscooting

Freyaka
02-16-2018, 11:08 AM
I heard that Slim has stopped walking and bought himself one of those motorized scooter to get around. So #DeadManscooting

It's sad how far he's let himself go in the offseason. Here is a recent image of him out and about in the area.

https://lumiere-a.akamaihd.net/v1/images/Jabba-The-Hutt_b5a08a70.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1200%2C675&width=768

elsid13
02-16-2018, 11:14 AM
It's sad how far he's let himself go in the offseason. Here is a recent image of him out and about in the area.

https://lumiere-a.akamaihd.net/v1/images/Jabba-The-Hutt_b5a08a70.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1200%2C675&width=768

Some team is going to get a really good run defender. Not much of pass rush.

slim
02-16-2018, 11:26 AM
We all know you wear dresses

With all due respect, I am due more respect.

slim
02-16-2018, 11:27 AM

The movie WALL-E was based on my life.

Davii
02-16-2018, 04:17 PM

Slick's locker damn sure isn't up for grabs. In fact, he's got a double wide locker in the mod lounge. We have coffee in there as well.

Davii
02-16-2018, 04:18 PM
The movie WALL-E was based on my life.

You're a lonely trash-collecting robot?

wayninja
02-16-2018, 04:32 PM
You're a lonely trash-collecting robot?

Oh... I thought he was a morbidly obese, mildly incompetent captain of a space yacht.

Freyaka
02-16-2018, 04:53 PM
Oh... I thought he was a morbidly obese, mildly incompetent captain of a space yacht.

You think he could raise to captain?

Nomad
02-17-2018, 04:54 PM
To trade slim would be bigger than the Ricky Williams deal. slim is too valuable to our community.

MOtorboat
02-17-2018, 06:58 PM
To trade slim would be bigger than the Ricky Williams deal. slim is too valuable to our community.

Meh.

elsid13
02-18-2018, 01:44 PM
Slick's locker damn sure isn't up for grabs. In fact, he's got a double wide locker in the mod lounge. We have coffee in there as well.

Slim and double wide, go figure.

Devilspawn
02-18-2018, 02:07 PM
Since we are all throwing out great and very likely trade scenarios, Does anyone think we could get someone like the Raiders...
I don't think he's gangsta enough. What's his murder count? 10,004? Excluding hamburgers. 4?

Pass.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-19-2018, 12:20 AM
:laugh:

Poet
02-19-2018, 07:55 PM
I heard we could get Aaron Rodgers if we traded Dogfish and Carol.

dogfish
02-19-2018, 07:57 PM

do it!

elsid13
02-19-2018, 08:14 PM

Do we also get Olivia Munn?

Poet
02-19-2018, 08:22 PM
Nah. We ain't trading for flat chested women. We trade for ass and titties!

Freyaka
02-19-2018, 08:47 PM
Nah. We ain't trading for flat chested women. We trade for ass and titties!

Then why are we getting rid of the biggest ass on the team (Slim) I'm confused...

Poet
02-19-2018, 09:21 PM
We ain't trading Slim!

Simple Jaded
02-20-2018, 01:29 AM
I’m all about championships, rings, titles. Stealers mean nothing to me and I hate underdogs.

I’m tryin to win a mother****in game!

Btw, my agent has been given permission to seek a trade if we can’t work out a long term contract. I’ve also had overtures from ESPN, NFLN, CBS, HLN and Discovery Channel, however, I am determined to test free agency for the first time in my illustrious and highly decorated career.

If I have my way, this MB will lose me for nothing. Enjoy the five new guys y’all will need to fill my shoes, they’ll be needing a ladder just to get in them. And remember this thread each time they use your/you’re wrong every post.

Btw, it’s not about the money.

MOtorboat
02-20-2018, 01:38 AM
We ain't trading Slim!

I have an urge to lash out at you at the moment. Maybe it will pass.

slim
02-20-2018, 08:04 AM
I have an urge to lash out at you at the moment. Maybe it will pass.

You will miss me when I'm gone!

Poet
02-20-2018, 09:49 AM
I've spoken to brass and we've resigned both Slim and Jaded to long term deals. Both deals are front loaded with large bonuses.

BroncoJoe
02-20-2018, 11:58 AM
I've spoken to brass and we've resigned both Slim and Jaded to long term deals. Both deals are front loaded with large bonuses.

Good. Can we discuss trading the person who started this disaster of a thread?

Hawgdriver
02-20-2018, 12:09 PM
Good. Can we discuss trading the person who started this disaster of a thread?

I'd rather franchise him year after year and watch him grow bitter.

Freyaka
02-20-2018, 12:22 PM
I'd rather franchise him year after year and watch him grow bitter.

We've already got one Joe, do you really want to turn me into a younger version of Joe?

Valar Morghulis
02-20-2018, 02:10 PM
Is jaded in the hall yet. #mansalegend #jadedhasanotradeclause

MOtorboat
02-20-2018, 02:25 PM
You will miss me when I'm gone!

We'll see.

Hawgdriver
02-20-2018, 03:18 PM
We've already got one Joe, do you really want to turn me into a younger version of Joe?

For some reason I thought Timmy! started this one.

Nah, we could use some journeymen depth on the roster. You'll sign a team-friendly deal, right?

Do you need an agent?

Freyaka
02-20-2018, 03:26 PM
For some reason I thought Timmy! started this one.

Nah, we could use some journeymen depth on the roster. You'll sign a team-friendly deal, right?

Do you need an agent?

Journeyman? You must be confused my goodman, I'm the face of the franchise.

Poet
02-20-2018, 05:03 PM
Is jaded in the hall yet. #mansalegend #jadedhasanotradeclause

Top three poster of all time, easy.

MOtorboat
02-20-2018, 06:05 PM
Trade train! Everyone on board!

Except slim.