PDA

View Full Version : Brian Dawkins elected to HOF

MOtorboat
02-03-2018, 07:47 PM
Well-deserved. Such a solid pro.

MOtorboat
02-03-2018, 07:48 PM
******* Bobby Beathard over Pat Bowlen.

**** you you stupid sons of ******* pieces of **** ********! What a ******* crock!

Poet
02-03-2018, 08:32 PM
Urlacher's career grades out similarly to London Fletcher...both might be HoFers...Urlacher was not a first ballot HoFer, and was overrated for a large portion of his career. I say that to draw the analogue to Bowlen - Bowlen was and is not treated with the respect he deserves, and he is clearly superior to almost every owner in the history of the league. Beathard is someone I've never heard of, and I've almost heard of them all, god dammit.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-03-2018, 09:15 PM
I always liked Dawkins and he deserved the HOF, but the fact that Atwater still isn’t in is a crime. Atwater had 200 more tackles in 3 less years. He also has 2 Super Bowl rings. I’m not trying to downgrade Dawkins but Atwater should’ve been in first.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-03-2018, 09:34 PM
******* Bobby Beathard over Pat Bowlen.

**** you you stupid sons of ******* pieces of **** ********! What a ******* crock!

I forgot, but Beathard was nominated for this last year. Hopefully Mr. B will be nominated later this year for next year.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/25/pat-bowlen-supporters-cry-foul-over-bobby-beathard-nomination-hall-of-fame-process/

OrangeHoof
02-03-2018, 10:07 PM
This is like the Hall of Very Talented A-holes.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-04-2018, 11:35 AM
Brian Dawkins is more of a Bronco Hall of Famer than say, Tony Dorsett. The Hall of Fame running back was a 10-year Dallas Cowboy before he had one, hardly stellar final season with the Broncos.

Dawkins is not really Willie Brown, either. Brown played his first four seasons with the Broncos from 163-66, before Lou Saban was hired to save the day and traded Brown away to the Oakland Raiders where he played 12 more years.

Dawkins finished his great career as a Bronco, adding two more Pro Bowls in three seasons He still calls Denver home. Yes, the nation considered Dawkins a Philadelphia Eagle, first. But the Broncos were part of the safety who was elected Saturday into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

rest - http://www.9news.com/mobile/article/sports/dawkins-shares-hall-of-fame-honor-with-broncos/73-514218870

FanInAZ
02-04-2018, 03:15 PM
I always liked Dawkins and he deserved the HOF, but the fact that Atwater still isn’t in is a crime. Atwater had 200 more tackles in 3 less years. He also has 2 Super Bowl rings. I’m not trying to downgrade Dawkins but Atwater should’ve been in first.

Gradishar & Mecklenburg are both so overdue that it makes the HoF a joke :tsk:

wayninja
02-04-2018, 03:33 PM
Gradishar & Mecklenburg are both so overdue that it makes the HoF a joke :tsk:

This.

I like Dawkins fine. But over Meck and Gradishar? No.

Nomad
02-04-2018, 04:30 PM

Yep. I thought of this same thing when I saw Dawkins name. I was like "how in the hell does he get in over Atwater?"......puzzling.