PDA

View Full Version : ESPN admits it will “talk to” Peyton Manning about Monday Night Football

Denver Native (Carol)
01-23-2018, 02:08 PM
Jon Gruden’s decision to return to the Raiders has created a vacancy at the top job for ESPN: Monday Night Football lead game analyst. And ESPN has acknowledged that it will throw a harpoon in the direction of sports broadcasting’s white whale.

“We like Peyton Manning,” ESPN executive Stephanie Druley tells Richard Deitsch of SI.com. “And we would be foolish not to talk him.”

Talking to him and hiring him are two very different propositions. The first question is whether Manning wants to do it. The biggest question is how much he’d want for it.

rest - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/23/espn-admits-it-will-talk-to-peyton-manning-about-monday-night-football/

MOtorboat
01-23-2018, 02:12 PM
Why wouldn't they? He's still the most marketable personality in the game and he's been retired for two seasons.

dogfish
01-23-2018, 02:15 PM
that would be gloriously awesome. . .

Buff
01-23-2018, 02:40 PM
He's kind of an overly critical jerk when it comes to evaluating the play of others, so that would be fantastic... The opposite of Gruden.

Hawgdriver
01-23-2018, 02:41 PM
He's kind of an overly critical jerk when it comes to evaluating the play of others, so that would be fantastic... The opposite of Gruden.

I can get behind Manning's brand of sarcasm. Sharp but not scorned, scrappy.

LawDog
01-23-2018, 02:52 PM

And he wouldn't turn into a Tom Shady knob gobbler like Tony Romo did last weekend.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-23-2018, 04:02 PM

You’ve had some gold lately :lol:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-23-2018, 04:03 PM

Sharp but not scorned, I like it.

Krugan
01-23-2018, 06:26 PM
I hope he tells ESPN to pound sand.

Emotional Stuff Personal Network, sports is an after thought...

aberdien
01-23-2018, 09:13 PM
"Emotional Stuff Personal Network" really rolls off the tongue.

Poet
01-23-2018, 09:26 PM
I would love to see PFM break down this mother ******* shit and tell us shit mother ******ing **** yes.

OrangeHoof
01-24-2018, 03:08 AM
I'd rather see Peyton take over as president of the ESPN Networks instead of that POS clown they want from CNN.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-24-2018, 12:53 PM
I'd rather see Peyton take over as president of the ESPN Networks instead of that POS clown they want from CNN.

Not sure anyone from ESPN will even be involved in that decision.

Top 5 Companies Owned by Disney

2. ESPN, Inc.

ESPN is a sports media and entertainment company with eight cable networks in the U.S. and another 16 TV networks abroad. Disney holds a controlling 80% stake in ESPN, while Hearst Corporation owns 20%. In addition to its TV properties, ESPN operates other related media businesses, including ESPN.com, ESPN Radio and WatchESPN. ESPN also holds a 30% stake in CTV Specialty Television, a multichannel Canadian sports broadcaster.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/markets/102915/top-5-companies-owned-disney.asp

tripp
01-26-2018, 09:23 PM
I think Peyton ends up with a job on a football team, college or NFL. He's way too smart to be up in a booth.

Dapper Dan
01-27-2018, 12:35 AM

I agree. He’s the reason for “The Apprentice”. What a piece of shit.

BroncoWave
01-27-2018, 06:56 AM
I think Peyton ends up with a job on a football team, college or NFL. He's way too smart to be up in a booth.

Agreed. I would LOVE to see him take Gruden's spot because I think he'd be great at it, but it would probably be putting his talents to waste. I see him following more of the Elway model and running a team one day.