PDA

View Full Version : Report: Broncos will try to move Trevor Siemian

ShaneFalco
01-19-2018, 03:32 PM
According to Mike Klis of 9News on Orange and Blue 760, the Denver Broncos have identified Trevor Siemian as the quarterback they will most likely try to move this offseason. Klis also confirmed that Brock Osweiler will not be pursued at all during free agency. Siemian won the starting job over Paxton Lynch in both 2016 and 2017. For his career, he is 13-11 as a starter, completing 59.3% of his passes for 5,686 yards with 30 touchdowns and 24 interceptions. However, it was likely his play in 2017 that cost him a chance at sticking around in Denver long-term as he became turnover prone.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/1/18/16905592/broncos-to-move-trevor-siemian

Goodbye Trigger Trev

MOtorboat
01-19-2018, 03:38 PM
I have a hard time believing they would get anything for him.

Tned
01-19-2018, 04:02 PM

Agreed. At best a conditional late round pick because of his tiny salary combined with 24 games starting experience making him a low risk backup/camp battle candidate.

wayninja
01-19-2018, 04:04 PM
I think they mean move him to fullback.

Slick
01-19-2018, 04:07 PM
His first game against Carolina and the first three this year were decent games that had me hopeful for his chances but as it turned out he really just isn't very good.

How's that for a run on sentence?!?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-19-2018, 04:27 PM
His first game against Carolina and the first three this year were decent games that had me hopeful for his chances but as it turned out he really just isn't very good.

How's that for a run on sentence?!?

I made it through the whole thing, but it was still a valiant effort

dogfish
01-19-2018, 04:38 PM
shouldn't they be trying to move chad kelly instead? I have it on good authority that he had first round value last year, so we should be able to get a lot for him on a 7th round salary, right?

Traveler
01-19-2018, 05:51 PM
According to Mike Klis of 9News on Orange and Blue 760, the Denver Broncos have identified Trevor Siemian as the quarterback they will most likely try to move this offseason. Klis also confirmed that Brock Osweiler will not be pursued at all during free agency. Siemian won the starting job over Paxton Lynch in both 2016 and 2017. For his career, he is 13-11 as a starter, completing 59.3% of his passes for 5,686 yards with 30 touchdowns and 24 interceptions. However, it was likely his play in 2017 that cost him a chance at sticking around in Denver long-term as he became turnover prone.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/1/18/16905592/broncos-to-move-trevor-siemian

Goodbye Trigger Trev

Bye Boy!

aberdien
01-19-2018, 06:22 PM
Maybe they should market him as the next Tom Brady.

NightTerror218
01-19-2018, 06:56 PM
The browns may want a decent backup

Davii
01-19-2018, 06:58 PM
In other news, water is wet, ice is cold. Carry on with your day!

Cugel
01-19-2018, 07:55 PM

They definitely will. Not a great draft pick, but possibly a 5th or 6th rounder. Since he was a 7th round QB they should exceed his original draft value.

He isn't a starter caliber QB, but there is definitely a place on NFL rosters for an experienced backup QB who doesn't cost a lot of money. And Trevor fits the bill.

Ideally, you want your backup to be some former starter who failed with another team and now is just lucky to have a job in the NFL. In short, someone else's mistake.

Well the Broncos wasted 2 years starting Trevor until it became painfully obvious that he would never develop into an acceptable starter. Now that's created his value.

If a guy is a starter or believes he's a starter he will be impatient and want to "get his chance." Now Trevor might believe that he's still a starter somewhere, but he'll have to accept a backup role if he wants to play in the league. So, he can go to some team that needs a backup and get somewhere between $2m and $3m maybe, and it doesn't cost too much.

And that team gets a guy who can come in and play for a few games and not totally poop in his pants. You won't get a full season out of him but for maybe 3 or 4 games you can get by until your starter is healthy again. I doubt he's capable of doing what Nick Foles is doing after Carson Wentz went down, but then he'll be cheaper than Foles too.

So, if you want a bargain basement experienced starting QB to be your backup and you have a secure franchise QB, Trevor is probably a good investment, because if he were much better he'd cost too much, and if he were any worse, he'd be out of the league altogether.

I think they'll find a trade partner.

Poet
01-19-2018, 10:09 PM
He's one of the worst players I have ever seen in my entire life. First year he was ranked damn near dead last for productivity, and then he turned into a panicky and horrified QB. I've never hated a QB more in my life. I really dislike him. He just pisses me the **** off.

BroncoWave
01-19-2018, 10:10 PM
He's one of the worst players I have ever seen in my entire life. First year he was ranked damn near dead last for productivity, and then he turned into a panicky and horrified QB. I've never hated a QB more in my life. I really dislike him. He just pisses me the **** off.

We should trade him directly to the pit of misery.

Poet
01-19-2018, 10:14 PM
We should trade him directly to the pit of misery.

I wouldn't wish him on Cleveland. I just really ******* hate that piece of shit QB. He got into the league on accident. He only became a starter on accident. He's like Tom Brady in the sense of it was a 'holy **** how did he get there' type thing, but instead TS shit the bed. He's a bland guy with a bland style of play and he has no strengths on the field. He's a shitty Kyle Orton. I resent our coach for keeping him out there as long as he did.

I would rather buy a LBJ jersey and wear it during the Cavs playoff games...over...watching...TS play a game as a Denver Bronco.

****!

Nomad
01-19-2018, 10:16 PM
Seems like a really nice guy....I hope the best for him. Thanks for being a BRONCO.

Poet
01-20-2018, 12:28 AM
Seems like a really nice guy....I hope the best for him. Thanks for being a BRONCO.

He's a bland loser who cost us the playoffs and then somehow cost us draft picks. His tenure here has been a disaster and he's a bad person.

Valar Morghulis
01-20-2018, 02:27 AM
He's a bland loser who cost us the playoffs and then somehow cost us draft picks. His tenure here has been a disaster and he's a bad person.

I preferred it when you were banned

OrangeHoof
01-20-2018, 08:53 AM
I'm sure the Vikings are glad they gambled on Case Keenum. I agree that he's a backup that can start a few games a year and not lose the season. This year showed a lot of teams either had no qb's at all or had no decent backup once the starter went down.

And here's a scary thought. If the Chiefs move Alex Smith, I could envision Siemian as a backup qb with any of our division rivals although I doubt the Broncos would trade him directly (except in an Alex-Smith-for-Siemian-and-draft-picks trade which is as unlikely as the Browns finding a HOF quarterback).

Poet
01-20-2018, 10:24 AM
I preferred it when you were banned

I'd prefer it if you washed your mouth out with a revolver.

Nomad
01-20-2018, 10:27 AM
I'd prefer it if you washed your mouth out with a revolver.

You be nice, or we're gonna PT up MT Baldy, and I'll bring both my sons as motivators. :D

Poet
01-20-2018, 10:29 AM
You be nice, or we're gonna PT up MT Baldy, and I'll bring both my sons as motivators. :D

I'm ready to die.

Nomad
01-20-2018, 10:29 AM
I'm ready to die.

LoL.

When you gonna come visit Alaska, King?

Poet
01-20-2018, 10:31 AM
LoL.

When you gonna come visit Alaska, King?

I don't think there's much to do up there for me. It's for your outdoorsy folks.

Valar Morghulis
01-20-2018, 12:25 PM
I don't think there's much to do up there for me. It's for your outdoorsy folks.

You could go there to die. Hopefully.

chazoe60
01-20-2018, 01:02 PM
In a perfect world TS plays his entire career in Denver. Hes an ideal backup. He's smart, works hard and the fellas in the LR love him. He's exactly the kind of guy that you may not want guiding the ship for a full season but for a game or two while the starter is hurt he's a very good option.

Poet
01-20-2018, 01:07 PM
In a perfect world TS plays his entire career in Denver. Hes an ideal backup. He's smart, works hard and the fellas in the LR love him. He's exactly the kind of guy that you may not want guiding the ship for a full season but for a game or two while the starter is hurt he's a very good option.

The locker room rebelled on the defensive side when he was stinking it up.

**** him. An eternity to Cleveland.

Poet
01-20-2018, 01:08 PM
You could go there to die. Hopefully.

I don't need your negativity in my world.

Krugan
01-20-2018, 01:21 PM
The locker room rebelled on the defensive side when he was stinking it up.

**** him. An eternity to Cleveland.

Just to give a different opinion on the rebellion, I was kind of getting the feeling that a lot of that was on the coaching staff and not all the player(s).

Might just be my take, considering I am looking at the situation with a lot less disgust for the person in question, that might be why my view differs slightly.

Poet
01-20-2018, 01:22 PM
Just to give a different opinion on the rebellion, I was kinda of getting the feeling that a lot of that was on the coaching staff and not all the player(s).

Might just be my take, considering I am looking at the situation with a lot less disgust for the person in question, that might be why my view differs slightly.

That's a very level-headed line of thought and I appreciate it, Krugan.

slim
01-20-2018, 02:03 PM
Maybe they should market him as the next Tom Brady.

This has been tried already. It didn't work.

Poet
01-20-2018, 02:10 PM
I'd rather resign Tim Tebow.

MOtorboat
01-20-2018, 02:14 PM
I'd rather resign Tim Tebow.

Denver has a fullback and a full set of tight ends already.

Poet
01-20-2018, 02:24 PM
Denver has a fullback and a full set of tight ends already.

He was more effective than TS, a better leader, a better man, and you could win with him. TS had a very good defense and couldn't even do that.

Leave me to my hatred!

Tned
01-20-2018, 06:35 PM
He was more effective than TS, a better leader, a better man, and you could win with him. TS had a very good defense and couldn't even do that.

Leave me to my hatred!

Unfortunately, unlike a good church, BroncosForums doesn't have a cry room... ;)

Cugel
01-21-2018, 10:31 AM

Look at the numbers.

First, Broncos are going to sign a veteran FA who is capable of starting this year.

Second, unless they sign Cousins, they are going to draft a QB to develop as their future franchise , possibly at #5.

Then they have a developmental QB already on the roster, either Paxton or Kelly - one will almost certainly be here and possibly both.

There's just no room for Trevor. He isn't good enough to start and backup QBs are plentiful. He wants a chance to play somewhere. It won't be here.

Shazam!
01-21-2018, 10:32 PM

Look at the numbers.

First, Broncos are going to sign a veteran FA who is capable of starting this year.

Second, unless they sign Cousins, they are going to draft a QB to develop as their future franchise , possibly at #5.

Then they have a developmental QB already on the roster, either Paxton or Kelly - one will almost certainly be here and possibly both.

There's just no room for Trevor. He isn't good enough to start and backup QBs are plentiful. He wants a chance to play somewhere. It won't be here.

If they can get anything for him, take it and run. Its a QB starved league. Hell have plenty of chances.

BroncoWave
01-21-2018, 11:14 PM
If they can get anything for him, take it and run. Its a QB starved league. Hell have plenty of chances.

I'd take a conditional 7th for him and be ecstatic.

BroncoWave
01-21-2018, 11:16 PM
The only way I could see us keeping TS as a backup is if we sign cousins and don't draft a QB.

Tned
01-22-2018, 11:45 AM
The only way I could see us keeping TS as a backup is if we sign cousins and don't draft a QB.

Agreed. I don't think they would keep him with a rookie at this point.

I'd take a conditional 7th for him and be ecstatic.

I would think a conditional 7th, possibly 6th would be about it. His Broncos career took a nose dive and he's had two consecutive off seasons needing shoulder surgery.

CoachChaz
01-22-2018, 01:09 PM

Even then, we still have Lynch and Kelly on the roster and both are likely capable of replicating the production of Siemian. Pretty sure he's done in Denver.

BigDaddyBronco
01-22-2018, 01:26 PM
Look at the numbers.

He is cheaper to walk away from than Paxton, but if money wasn't an issue I would take Trevor as a backup any day over Paxton. That guy doesn't belong in the NFL.

Tned
01-22-2018, 02:39 PM
He is cheaper to walk away from than Paxton, but if money wasn't an issue I would take Trevor as a backup any day over Paxton. That guy doesn't belong in the NFL.

Would like to have seen him all four games. He showed a little bit in that last game. I'm not completely ready to write him off yet, but looking like a longshot.

turftoad
01-22-2018, 03:31 PM
Would like to have seen him all four games. He showed a little bit in that last game. I'm not completely ready to write him off yet, but looking like a longshot.

Agreed. We haven't seen enough as of yet. When we drafted him the FO knew it was going to be a 2-3 yr project.

If we bring in a vet, lets get rid of TS (didnt' show shit) keep PL and Kelly and see what happens and hope one of those two can do something. If not, move on.

Tned
01-22-2018, 05:21 PM
Agreed. We haven't seen enough as of yet. When we drafted him the FO knew it was going to be a 2-3 yr project.

If we bring in a vet, lets get rid of TS (didnt' show shit) keep PL and Kelly and see what happens and hope one of those two can do something. If not, move on.

I hi fived this, because generally I agree. I think of the two, TS is probably a better backup at this point than PL, especially if we can upgrade the line, which he would clearly need, but you really don't want to cut PL both because of the high cap hit and not knowing 100% he's a bust, and I would not want to let Kelly go without seeing what we have in him.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-22-2018, 08:25 PM

People keep saying he showed something in that last game. It seems to me he showed he could be competitive in the second half of a preseason game after the starters are pulled.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-23-2018, 10:08 AM
Earlier this week, 9NEWS Denver’s Mike Klis reported that the Broncos identified Trevor Siemian as the quarterback they will most likely try to move this offseason, well now we have more fuel to add to that fire.

Roster Watch is reporting that the Broncos have several suitors for quarterback Trevor Siemian and that the Atlanta Falcons could have interest after hiring former Broncos quarterbacks coach Greg Knapp.

rest - https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/1/23/16922212/rumor-broncos-have-several-suitors-for-trevor-siemian-including-the-atlanta-falcons?utm_campaign=milehighreport&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Freyaka
01-23-2018, 10:16 AM

He's a capable backup with starting experience. I bet we could get a 5th rounder out of him.

Freyaka
01-23-2018, 10:17 AM
People keep saying he showed something in that last game. It seems to me he showed he could be competitive in the second half of a preseason game after the starters are pulled.

He's a regular Kyle Sloter that one....