PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Davis interview on Pardon My Take

BroncoWave
01-16-2018, 10:44 AM
Just a heads up before you listen to this, this is a sports comedy/satire podcast so some of the stuff the ask him will seem kinda odd/ridiculous, but there are a lot of really cool nuggets in here on his career and the late 90s broncos. He also gives some of his takes on the current team. It's a really good listen I think.

The interview begins at the 33:38 mark of the episode on 1/14/2018.

https://www.podcastone.com/pardon-my-take

Buff
01-16-2018, 11:16 AM
I am too lazy - what are the cliffs?

BroncoWave
01-16-2018, 11:52 AM
I am too lazy - what are the cliffs?

Never thought he'd get into the HOF until the year he made finalist (thought his only chance would be on the senior ballot). He said multiple voters told him they didn't consider him a hall of famer 3-4 years prior, but changed their mind as years passed and they heard more arguments for him.

Talked about how shanny vowed never to rest players down the stretch again after the jags playoff loss, as he thinks that's the main reason they lost. Also said he thought it was a mistake for a young Rams team to do that this year.

Said Elway was not a real vocal leader, was usually quieter unless he needed to speak.

He also told the stories of the preseason hit and the super bowl migraine.

As for the current team, he agreed our current QBs are trash, but talked about how difficult it is to hit on a QB in the draft. He said they need a good young RB (shocker I know) to help the offense along until they can get that QB in place.

BroncoWave
01-16-2018, 12:01 PM
He also told a funny story about Shannon Sharpe goading Derrick Thomas into getting ejected one game, but said there were other times they had to tell Sharpe to shut up because he was going too far. Also talked about how Romo was crazy but how teams need a few guys like that to succeed.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-16-2018, 01:58 PM
He also told a funny story about Shannon Sharpe goading Derrick Thomas into getting ejected one game, but said there were other times they had to tell Sharpe to shut up because he was going too far. Also talked about how Romo was crazy but how teams need a few guys like that to succeed.

I remember that incident with Thomas. It was in Kansas City, and we were fighting the Chiefs for the lead in the AFC West. It was towards the end of the game and Thomas got so mad he grabbed Sharpe by the facemask and swung him around doing two complete circles

Timmy!
01-16-2018, 02:11 PM
I remember that incident with Thomas. It was in Kansas City, and we were fighting the Chiefs for the lead in the AFC West. It was towards the end of the game and Thomas got so mad he grabbed Sharpe by the facemask and swung him around doing two complete circles

Then immediately knocked up some chick

Northman
01-16-2018, 07:31 PM

I actually have this game on DVD that a guy created for me a while back. One of my favorite games ever and the moments with Sharpe and Thomas are epic.

Davii
01-16-2018, 07:43 PM
I actually have this game on DVD that a guy created for me a while back. One of my favorite games ever and the moments with Sharpe and Thomas are epic.

I dont recall that, I'm going to start searching for a clip

nevcraw
01-16-2018, 07:59 PM

Was the first game and last game I ever saw where a player was followed by the cameras as he systematically mind****ed another player into an epic meltdown. I rememeber being elated and felt sorry a little for DT. Would love to know the crap Sharpe said to get him there.

FanInAZ
01-16-2018, 08:07 PM

Its not often that someone can get a side gig to make a few bucks off of their reputation :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnb1im5FL5c

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-16-2018, 08:41 PM
I dont recall that, I'm going to start searching for a clip
It’s epic dude. Thomas looks like he’s trying to rip Sharpe’s head off with the helmet

Davii
01-16-2018, 08:53 PM
It’s epic dude. Thomas looks like he’s trying to rip Sharpe’s head off with the helmet

I cant find it on YouTube, if anyone does throw it up!

Northman
01-17-2018, 04:07 PM
If i recall Denver trounced them like 30-3 or something like that in that game. DT and company were certainly feeling the Pit of Misery that night, how humiliating it must of been to watch Brister run for a 30 yd TD. Dilly Dilly!

topscribe
01-17-2018, 04:58 PM
I do wish they wouldn't have talked over TD quite so much . . .

BroncoWave
01-17-2018, 06:52 PM
I do wish they wouldn't have talked over TD quite so much . . .

Yeah, their interviews can sometimes be a little choppy because they are always trying to make a joke. There was still some good stuff from TD though.

dogfish
01-18-2018, 02:13 PM
I cant find it on YouTube, if anyone does throw it up!

not finding video, but here's this (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tbt-that-time-when-shannon-sharpe-made-derrick-thomas-lose-it/). . .

So what in the name of Andy Reid's Hawaiian shirts prompted the Chiefs' defense -- and Thomas in particular -- into full-on meltdown mode?

Sharpe, of course. He and Thomas knew each other and Sharpe somehow knew Thomas' girlfriend's phone number. At least that's the urban legend. And before every snap on that final drive, Sharpe reportedly recited the phone number, one digit at a time, and well within earshot of Thomas. The Chiefs linebacker lost it.

On Wednesday, Sharpe gave his version of what happened:

"I can say whatever. He's not here to refute what I would say. He and I made peace with what transpired. We both could've handled the situation better," Sharpe told Peterson. "And, that was my fault, because I had hung out with Derrick, I had worked out with Derrick. I knew him. We had been to Pro Bowls together, we had worked out together and been at the same places and done things together. I have the utmost respect. He is the best true pass rusher that I ever faced. For that one moment, he and I allowed emotions to get the better of us."