PDA

View Full Version : Broncos reportedly could be top landing spot for Tyrod Taylor

Cugel
01-14-2018, 03:29 PM
Nicki Jhabvala of The Denver Post reported on Friday that many are pegging the Broncos as the top landing spot for the Buffalo Bills quarterback if he is released or traded (http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/broncos_reportedly_could_be_top_landing_spot_for_t yrod_taylor/s1_127_25440776), as expected. Jhabvala also notes Taylor’s connection with Broncos executive Gary Kubiak, who was previously the former Pro Bowler’s offensive coordinator on the Baltimore Ravens.

Denver’s QB play was atrocious last season — their trio under center of Trevor Siemian, Paxton Lynch, and Brock Osweiler always seemed to be injured, totally inept, or some combination of both. As for Taylor, he endured a rough year in Buffalo where he put up his career-worst numbers as a starter and was briefly benched for Nathan Peterman before his season came to a painful end.

Taylor, 28, will be owed a $10 million base salary for 2018 and a $6 million roster bonus due in March. But in any case, he probably has at least the raw talent to make a short-term difference for the Broncos after their 5-11 2017.

I don't see this as anything but speculation, but I post it for what it is worth.

In this scenario, Denver would be starting Tyrod Taylor and eschewing trying to land Kirk Cousins for $30m, and then drafting a QB with their top 5 draft pick and developing that guy. Taylor would start until the guy is ready.

They would pay him less than $20m potentially, which is pretty low QB money these days. And he wouldn't be guaranteed a long term starting job. But, he could compete and could wind up starting for the next 2 years if he's able to fend off the rookie, the way that Trevor beat off the feeble efforts of Paxton to be the starter.

I'd say this is a high risk strategy in that it might backfire horribly, but it would cost a lot less. If Elway were committed to saving money on his QB, then he might go in this direction, and forget about paying over $20m a year to Cousins or Bridgewater or AJ McCarron - or in some Bizarro Universe where the Chefs were willing to let Alex Smith come to Denver, Alex Smith.

On the other hand, Taylor would be another example of "Overachieving 7th round QB" and you have to question his limitations. I see this as a "meh" move. Neither horrible, like Sam Bradford, nor great, like Cousins.

MOtorboat
01-14-2018, 04:13 PM
Tyrod Taylor and Baker Mayfield.

Championship.

Shazam!
01-14-2018, 04:57 PM
Seems like a lot of money to pay Taylor.

chazoe60
01-14-2018, 05:07 PM
Not in favor of this plan.

Nomad
01-14-2018, 06:18 PM
Hopefully this is just a rumor.

Tned
01-14-2018, 06:34 PM
I definitely wouldn't look at Taylor as a long term solution, but as a couple year stop gap along with trying to develop a young guy? Maybe. I would rather have Alex Smith than Taylor, but I will say that Taylor doesn't throw many INTs, which is good.

I think it has to be Cousins, and probably pick an OL with the first pick, possibly dominant defender, or something like a Smith/Taylor and draft a QB in the top 5.

Any of the routes above could be successful or a complete failure, unfortunately.

Ziggy
01-14-2018, 06:35 PM
He's a very good bridge QB if you're going to spend the 5th pick on a young gun. Taylor brings mobility and he's one of the best QB's in the league at not turning the ball over. Denver has won the last 33 games that they won the turnover battle in. This D is good enough to beat any team when Denver wins the +/- battle. I wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos target him if they fall in love with a QB at the senior bowl.

Cugel
01-14-2018, 06:49 PM
Seems like a lot of money to pay Taylor.

Sam Bradford is getting $18m. I'd rather have Taylor. Any starting NFL QB is going to get around $20m now if he doesn't totally suck. If he does suck, then he should be a backup and get nothing like $15m.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-14-2018, 07:30 PM
Not in favor of this plan.

I’m not either, but he’s better than anyone we have, and at least he takes care of the ball. We probably would have won 10 games this last year if we had him

wayninja
01-14-2018, 08:24 PM
I, for one, am looking forward to the carousel of other losing teams' castoffs coming in over the next few years. Starting with Taylor seems a fine cog in that spinning horsey machine.

BroncoWave
01-14-2018, 08:50 PM
I, for one, am looking forward to the carousel of other losing teams' castoffs coming in over the next few years. Starting with Taylor seems a fine cog in that spinning horsey machine.

The bills were a playoff team this year...

topscribe
01-14-2018, 09:01 PM
I definitely wouldn't look at Taylor as a long term solution, but as a couple year stop gap along with trying to develop a young guy? Maybe. I would rather have Alex Smith than Taylor, but I will say that Taylor doesn't throw many INTs, which is good.

I think it has to be Cousins, and probably pick an OL with the first pick, possibly dominant defender, or something like a Smith/Taylor and draft a QB in the top 5.

Any of the routes above could be successful or a complete failure, unfortunately.
Well, with Taylor as a couple years' stopgap, that could put a competent QB in place while
they found out what they already have in Lynch and Kelly, neither whom they honestly
still know little about, and/or go ahead and roll the dice for a QB in the draft. It would seem
to me that what they really need is a veteran to keep the ship afloat while the youngsters
duke it out behind him? Just a thought . . .

BroncoWave
01-14-2018, 09:06 PM
I'd rather have cousins, but Taylor isn't a bad plan B. He's leaps and bounds better than anything we have now.

aberdien
01-14-2018, 10:33 PM
If Bridgewater is unavailable/unfeasible, then I'm all for getting Taylor. Use the first round pick for a lineman, draft Falk in the 2nd.

BroncoWave
01-14-2018, 10:35 PM
Bridgewater scares me. Dude hasn't played in 2 years now, and he was just really starting to show his potential when he went out. Who knows if he will ever even get back to that level. I think I'd rather go with someone like Taylor where we at least know what we're getting. Bridgewater would be too much of a wildcard for my taste.

Magnificent Seven
01-14-2018, 10:41 PM
Nick Foles would be nice for Broncos' back up QB.

Davii
01-15-2018, 12:20 AM
If Bridgewater is unavailable/unfeasible, then I'm all for getting Taylor. Use the first round pick for a lineman, draft Falk in the 2nd.

As bad as that injury was I dont know if taking a chance on Bridgewater is worth it

OrangeHoof
01-15-2018, 04:07 AM
I was going to say "pass" but that would be Tyrod's worst subject.

FanInAZ
01-15-2018, 04:23 AM
Bridgewater scares me. Dude hasn't played in 2 years now, and he was just really starting to show his potential when he went out. Who knows if he will ever even get back to that level. I think I'd rather go with someone like Taylor where we at least know what we're getting. Bridgewater would be too much of a wildcard for my taste.

He's going to have to except the fact that no one in their right mind is going to declare him their starter the day he signs with someone (then again, the Browns are capable of anything :D), as well as a salary worthy of a QB that's likely to be penciled in as someone's 2nd or 3rd string.

BroncoWave
01-15-2018, 06:53 AM
I was going to say "pass" but that would be Tyrod's worst subject.

What an utterly stupid take. Have you actually looked at his passing stats in any of his last 3 years in Buffalo? It dwarfs anything we've put out there in the last 2 years. Let me show you his stats in Buffalo over the last 3 years:

2015: 3035 yds, 63.7 comp %, 20 TD, 6 INT
2016: 3023 yds, 61.7 comp %, 17 TD, 6 INT
2017: 2799 yds, 62.6 comp %, 14 TD, 4 INT

Does he absolutely light the world on fire? No, but he completes a decent percentage of his passes and he takes care of the football. And it doesn't hurt that he can give you about 500 rushing yards and 5 TDs (his averages per year in buffalo) each year.

He's not a franchise guy, but he would be a massive upgrade over any of the garbage we've trotted out there the last 2 seasons.

BroncoJoe
01-15-2018, 09:03 AM
Didn't Kubiak want him a couple years ago?

Rick
01-15-2018, 09:35 AM
Not sure why there is so much Taylor hate.

He is an efficient passer. Not top 10 franchise guy by any means but he takes care of the football.

Taylor is young enough and good enough to be the guy you put out there until either a PL, Kelly or rookie prove to be something and IMO allows you to NOT have to pull the trigger at pick 5.

EastCoastBronco
01-15-2018, 09:36 AM
Jesus Wept...

chazoe60
01-15-2018, 09:58 AM
Not sure why there is so much Taylor hate.

He is an efficient passer. Not top 10 franchise guy by any means but he takes care of the football.

Taylor is young enough and good enough to be the guy you put out there until either a PL, Kelly or rookie prove to be something and IMO allows you to NOT have to pull the trigger at pick 5.

I don't have anything against your post other than mentioning PL. Can we all just admit that the Lynch mistake is done. He should not even factor in to the FO's thoughts.

Rick
01-15-2018, 10:23 AM
I can admit he is done but I am not making the decisions and I am not sure Elway has admitted he is done, which is all that matters :)

CoachChaz
01-15-2018, 10:54 AM

At this point...Foles would be nice as our starter.

Tned
01-15-2018, 10:58 AM

Agreed, Bridgewater is probably a high risk, high (maybe moderate) reward type guy. Not sure the Broncos can or should roll that dice right now.

Tned
01-15-2018, 11:12 AM
I don't have anything against your post other than mentioning PL. Can we all just admit that the Lynch mistake is done. He should not even factor in to the FO's thoughts.

How could we. He was hurt pretty much the entire season. Played a game and a half.

He definitely has the feel of a bust, whether from skill or injury prone, but we aren't there yet.

BroncoJoe
01-15-2018, 11:17 AM
I'd be just fine with Foles or Taylor.

MasterShake
01-15-2018, 11:19 AM
I hate this, but before the season I would've scoffed at Keenum or Bortles as our QB so what the hell do I know?

tripp
01-15-2018, 11:19 AM
I'll admit I have no knowledge of football X's and O's or anything on QB play. I use my eyes and what I see on the field each week, I watched every Bills game last year, and I, without a shadow of a doubt, do NOT want this guy on my team. He's a poor mans Mike Vick, inaccurate, can't read defenses, and has a hard time finding open receivers. He uses his legs to bail him out most of the time, scrambles till he eventually gets a receiver open, and then he misses them by 5 yards.

If he's a Bronco next year we're not winning more than 6 games, and those 6 wins aren't because of Taylor, they're because of our defense.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-15-2018, 11:20 AM
How could we. He was hurt pretty much the entire season. Played a game and a half.

He definitely has the feel of a bust, whether from skill or injury prone, but we aren't there yet.

It’s not the skill that concerns me. It’s his ability to read a defense and the reports of his maturity and work ethic. I still can’t figure out why a two time Super Bowl champion with a degree from Stanford would draft a guy in the first round who scored so low on the wonderlic.

chazoe60
01-15-2018, 11:25 AM
I'll admit I have no knowledge of football X's and O's or anything on QB play. I use my eyes and what I see on the field each week, I watched every Bills game last year, and I, without a shadow of a doubt, do NOT want this guy on my team. He's a poor mans Mike Vick, inaccurate, can't read defenses, and has a hard time finding open receivers. He uses his legs to bail him out most of the time, scrambles till he eventually gets a receiver open, and then he misses them by 5 yards.

If he's a Bronco next year we're not winning more than 6 games, and those 6 wins aren't because of Taylor, they're because of our defense.

So you're saying wed be better

Tned
01-15-2018, 11:30 AM
It’s not the skill that concerns me. It’s his ability to read a defense and the reports of his maturity and work ethic. I still can’t figure out why a two time Super Bowl champion with a degree from Stanford would draft a guy in the first round who scored so low on the wonderlic.

I don't think we really know how well he can read a defense, because again, we only saw less than 6 quarters I believe, and there were some good things in that last game.

Based on what I heard from reporters, while he was immature and seemed to think the job was his during his rookie year, they said he showed a completely different/better work ethic this off season.

I'm not saying he's not a bust, just that this was largely a lost season in terms of knowing. That ankle injury preventing him from starting the last four games really was bad timing from an evaluation standpoint.

tripp
01-15-2018, 11:35 AM
So you're saying wed be better

This might be a defeatist mentality but I'd rather win 5 than 6 and get a better pick. If you're gonna be shit, be better at being shit.

wayninja
01-15-2018, 11:41 AM

I'd take Foles over Taylor as starter in a heartbeat.

chazoe60
01-15-2018, 11:47 AM
I'd take Foles over Taylor as starter in a heartbeat.

Racist

BroncoJoe
01-15-2018, 12:02 PM

Eye's can be deceiving...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaylTy00.htm

wayninja
01-15-2018, 12:12 PM
Can you expand on what this is showing? I see a middle-of-the-pack guy.

Davii
01-15-2018, 12:15 PM

Maybe slightly better than middle, which is way better than what we have.

I look at Taylor as a stopgap. If we don't get Cousins then we draft QB at 5 and bring in Taylor until the Rook is ready.

BroncoWave
01-15-2018, 12:17 PM
Maybe slightly better than middle, which is way better than what we have.

I look at Taylor as a stopgap. If we don't get Cousins then we draft QB at 5 and bring in Taylor until the Rook is ready.

Exactly. I don't think anyone is saying that Taylor is a franchise guy. But we need a plan B in case the cousins thing doesn't happen. And of the plan B options, Taylor is about as good as it's gonna get.

tripp
01-15-2018, 12:18 PM

14 TD's, and sacked 42 times for a scrambling QB behind a decent O-line. What's he gonna do behind our pylons?

Davii
01-15-2018, 12:22 PM
14 TD's, and sacked 42 times for a scrambling QB behind a decent O-line. What's he gonna do behind our pylons?

Maybe we upgrade our pylons?

BroncoJoe
01-15-2018, 12:26 PM
2017 QBR is 56.4 with 14 TD's. That's not going to cut it in any capacity.

The Bills made the playoffs.

tripp
01-15-2018, 12:28 PM
Maybe we upgrade our pylons?

We've been trying to since Peyton came here lol, we'll see I guess..

Davii
01-15-2018, 12:30 PM
We've been trying to since Peyton came here lol, we'll see I guess..

Have we really?

Rick
01-15-2018, 12:30 PM
Ideally we get Cousins.

Baring that we need an upgrade, no matter if we draft a QB at 5 or not.

He is an upgrade that if a rookie can't step up, her can manage the offense.

Will they be chasing the records set by the Manning offense? No...

Can they score some points and not turn the ball over and constantly put the defense in a bad spot? Yes.

Take away the shit show special teams from last year and put Taylor in at QB over what we rolled out, we would have been in the playoffs.

tripp
01-15-2018, 12:33 PM

Lesean McCoy made the playoffs.

ShaneFalco
01-15-2018, 12:35 PM
terrible decision with QB of the future already on the roster

tripp
Have we really?

You wouldn't believe it, but yeah, crazy times.

BroncoJoe
Lesean McCoy made the playoffs.

NEWSFLASH:

So did Taylor and the other 53+ members of the Bills.

Rick
01-15-2018, 12:38 PM
terrible decision with QB of the future already on the roster

One would think that someone clamoring for Kelly would love this decision.

We get Cousins or draft a guy top 5 Kelly will get very little if any chance.

Kelly can compete against Taylor.

Poet
01-15-2018, 12:39 PM
If Chad Kelly was legitimate, wouldn't a team have drafted him much earlier? This is a league where Manziel and Tebow were taken in the first.

chazoe60
01-15-2018, 12:41 PM
One thing just occurred to me, Taylor might be the ideal guy to pick up if our target at 5 is Baker Mayfield. Seems like they could run similar offenses and he'd be a good guy for BM to learn from for half a season or so.

ShaneFalco
01-15-2018, 12:50 PM
One would think that someone clamoring for Kelly would love this decision.

We get Cousins or draft a guy top 5 Kelly will get very little if any chance.

Kelly can compete against Taylor.

Cousins and Taylor cant hold Swags jockstrap

Freyaka
01-15-2018, 12:56 PM

I guess it seems like as good of a place as any to start our own version of this.

https://img.bleacherreport.net/img/article/media_slots/photos/002/754/008/3ed357c99b9a60bf5d3efae800a338ef_crop_exact.jpg?w= 340&h=234&q=85

ShaneFalco
01-15-2018, 12:57 PM
If Chad Kelly was legitimate, wouldn't a team have drafted him much earlier? This is a league where Manziel and Tebow were taken in the first.

Kellys Ak47 scared off the scouts.

They afraid of the streets.

Kelly is the streets.

Freyaka
01-15-2018, 01:01 PM

And then promptly crapped the bed. Congrats to them? Jay Cutler has made the playoffs before, so has Mark Sanchez, Trent Dilfer and Rex Grossman. Would you like us to go grab one of them to put under center as well?

Tyrod Taylor is more mobile (though that's debatable) Trevor Siemian...

Davii
01-15-2018, 01:04 PM
If I throw Corky and The Good Doctor on the Bills they'd have made the playoffs too

Depends, what players would you remove to throw them on there?

Rick
01-15-2018, 01:05 PM
Cousins and Taylor cant hold Swags jockstrap

Kelly MAY very well turn out to be great. At this point however he hasn't even taken a preseason snap.

Poet
01-15-2018, 01:06 PM
I didn't see enough there to not take a first round QB if we don't sign someone like KC.

MOtorboat
01-15-2018, 01:07 PM
One thing just occurred to me, Taylor might be the ideal guy to pick up if our target at 5 is Baker Mayfield. Seems like they could run similar offenses and he'd be a good guy for BM to learn from for half a season or so.

Please let all of this be false.

tripp
01-15-2018, 01:07 PM
Depends, what players would you remove to throw them on there?

Probably could start with Corky's brother Nathan Peterman

Nomad
01-15-2018, 01:09 PM
If they do get Taylor, rather than Cousins, I guess Denver is desperately drafting a QB at #5 in this weak QB class. Skipping a potential All-Pro olineman.

Poet
01-15-2018, 01:11 PM
Just trade up for Allen and have the charismatic leader with all-pro talent lead the team. Let's get this shit popping!

chazoe60
01-15-2018, 01:14 PM
Please let all of this be false.

I really don't know enough about Baker to have an opinion one way or the other. I did watch a video recently that hints to Baker Mayfield having ribs made out of adimantium. Wolverine could be our QB, at least MS would be excited.

MOtorboat
01-15-2018, 01:17 PM
I really don't know enough about Baker to have an opinion one way or the other. I did watch a video recently that hints to Baker Mayfield having ribs made out of adimantium. Wolverine could be our QB, at least MS would be excited.

I think his head might be made up of a hard substance, as well.

BroncoJoe
01-15-2018, 01:34 PM
And then promptly crapped the bed. Congrats to them? Jay Cutler has made the playoffs before, so has Mark Sanchez, Trent Dilfer and Rex Grossman. Would you like us to go grab one of them to put under center as well?

Broke the longest streak in professional sports of not making the postseason.

Cugel
01-15-2018, 01:38 PM
Well, with Taylor as a couple years' stopgap, that could put a competent QB in place while
they found out what they already have in Lynch and Kelly, neither whom they honestly
still know little about, and/or go ahead and roll the dice for a QB in the draft. It would seem
to me that what they really need is a veteran to keep the ship afloat while the youngsters
duke it out behind him? Just a thought . . .

The only reason to get Tyrod Taylor is if they draft a rookie and need a bridge QB until that rookie is ready to start. No way they just roll with Taylor and Paxton and Kelly because Paxton and Kelly are pure unknowns, and not very probable unknowns either. Paxton has been handed the job on a silver platter twice and dropped it. He might not even be on the roster next year since two coaching regimes both looked at him and don't want any part of him. Now Kubiak is in charge of the Broncos scouting efforts, and he's not a big fan of Paxton.

Kelly has never been in an NFL practice due to injury, so he's a complete cipher.

Cugel
01-15-2018, 01:43 PM
As bad as that injury was I dont know if taking a chance on Bridgewater is worth it

That is an intriguing possibility, because they would get Bridgewater in and give him a medical evaluation before they would consider signing him. If he's back to near the QB he was before his injury, he would make a viable franchise QB. If not, then nobody is going to want him.

I doubt he's coming here simply because Denver has that #5 pick and it's unlikely he wants to compete for a starting job. He wants a team that is going to commit to him long term. Given the QB desperate league, he's probably going to find that team that will sign him, give him a 4 year deal and then just hope that he is the real deal for them, rather than coming to Denver.

But, Elway could just say "we don't like Allen, Mayfield or any other QB we are able to draft, and Bridgewater is the best veteran we can sign." Especially if Cousins stays in DC or goes elsewhere.

Freyaka
01-15-2018, 01:53 PM
Broke the longest streak in professional sports of not making the postseason.

He didn't do that, just like Rex Grossman didn't make it to the Superbowl. The team around him did it. Come on Joe...Just because a crappy QB lucks into a playoff appearance doesn't mean he's a QB you want as your starter...

slim
01-15-2018, 01:54 PM

No. It is not debatable. Also, TT is a far superior QB.

Timmy!
01-15-2018, 01:54 PM
Meh

Freyaka
01-15-2018, 01:57 PM
No. It is not debatable. Also, TT is a far superior QB.

So instead of being a trainwreck, he's more of a wrecked Ford Fiesta? It's still a wreck.

dogfish
01-15-2018, 02:13 PM
If Chad Kelly was legitimate, wouldn't a team have drafted him much earlier?

or, you know. . . have drafted him at all, for that matter? the kelly stuff cracks me up. . . 31 teams didn't think he was worth drafting at all. . . but since he did such a great job of being on IR, now he's in serious consideration for our starting job. . . get real, people. . . kelly is practice squad fodder, or our 3rd string, long term developmental project, at best. . .

Rick
01-15-2018, 02:16 PM
or, you know. . . have drafted him at all, for that matter? the kelly stuff cracks me up. . . 31 teams didn't think he was worth drafting at all. . . but since he did such a great job of being on IR, now he's in serious consideration for our starting job. . . get real, people. . . kelly is practice squad fodder, or our 3rd string, long term developmental project, at best. . .

This isn't true of everyone but the guy clamoring the most for Kelly wanted a minor league baseball player to be our starting QB. Enough said?

Hopefully Kelly turns into something, I loved watching uncle Jim...and he has intangibles. Let's keep things real though until he actually throws a pass against an NFL defense.

Timmy!
01-15-2018, 02:17 PM

A lot of Bronco fans get a bit dumb with QBs, especially ones that haven't taken an NFL snap, such as the future hall of famer Sloter.

Rick
01-15-2018, 02:18 PM
At-least with Sloter, and he is a long shot as well, but at-least he THREW passes against another defense in pre-season. Kelly hasn't even managed that.

Poet
01-15-2018, 02:20 PM
Hey, when you don't even have a loaf of bread the crumbs aren't so bad.

When you don't have a QB you have to look everywhere. The Texans got creative with Schaub, who became a Pro Bowler for them. The Packers got creative with Favre. The Niners got creative with Jimmy G. Brady was a dumb luck draft pick, but he was a pick. Do we ever think much of this shit when they happen? No. But 1, you gotta try and 2 FFS what else are we going to talk about?

wayninja
01-15-2018, 02:21 PM
At-least with Sloter, and he is a long shot as well, but at-least he THREW passes against another defense in pre-season. Kelly hasn't even managed that.

Throwing against pre-season defenses is some new benchmark?

Rick
01-15-2018, 02:23 PM
It is compared to nothing at all.

Timmy!
01-15-2018, 02:25 PM
Throwing against pre-season defenses is some new benchmark?

Jarious Jackson says yes.

Poet
01-15-2018, 02:28 PM
It's compared to his peers in the same situation. And, if done well (he did) one could argue that KS deserved another chance against better competition in the preseason. That's what frustrates fans - the coaches are supposed to get it wrong. They whiffed miserably on TS, Lynch has done nothing to look splendid, either. So, hindsight being what it is, and the situation being as ugly as it was, we know that they got it wrong.

Circular logic? Arguably. But no less egregious than VJ's 'he returns kicks because that's his job' or whatever the **** the quote was.

chazoe60
01-15-2018, 02:28 PM
The reason that cutting Sloter upset me was because of just how shitty the rest of our QB room is. If we had legitimate NFL calibur QBs I wouldn't have batted an eye at dropping Sloter but when Siemian and Lynch were the other two options it was a terrible idea to drop Sloter.

Rick
01-15-2018, 02:29 PM
Don't get me wrong, I am not saying Sloter will turn into anything in this league. My point is if you are going to be grabbing 7th rounders and undrafteds and anointing them future starts, at-least let it be someone we have seen throw against a NFL defense. That's all.

Poet
01-15-2018, 02:30 PM
The reason that cutting Sloter upset me was because of just how shitty the rest of our QB room is. If we had legitimate NFL calibur QBs I wouldn't have batted an eye at dropping Sloter but when Siemian and Lynch were the other two options it was a terrible idea to drop Sloter.

And I think this is fair. I think the front office could argue that they only took on two QB's because if they needed a third it would be a FA pickup, ala Brock. Who, arguably was our best QB. WHich just buries the first two guys that much more.

We've seen not much from PL. There is a remote amount of hope there. I know you don't believe in him, but optimism is good for the soul.

wayninja
01-15-2018, 02:30 PM
It is compared to nothing at all.

Marginally. To the point of meaninglessness.

chazoe60
01-15-2018, 02:33 PM
And I think this is fair. I think the front office could argue that they only took on two QB's because if they needed a third it would be a FA pickup, ala Brock. Who, arguably was our best QB. WHich just buries the first two guys that much more.

We've seen not much from PL. There is a remote amount of hope there. I know you don't believe in him, but optimism is good for the soul.

I have a ton of optimism, pitchers and catcher report in about a month. My optimism cup overfloweth.

Poet
01-15-2018, 02:34 PM
Go Dodgers!!!

Timmy!
01-15-2018, 02:36 PM
Go Dodgers!!!

Get out.

chazoe60
01-15-2018, 02:36 PM
Go Dodgers!!!

This, is by far your worst personality trait, and that's saying something because you are a truly awful human being. I say that with the utmost respect.

Poet
01-15-2018, 02:41 PM
You used to tease me about not liking baseball. Then, I find an organization I fall in love with and you still attack me. You're a monster.

Rick
01-15-2018, 02:41 PM
Marginally. To the point of meaninglessness.

I think you are missing my point completely.

I am not clamoring for Sloter at all or thinking he will amount to anything.

I am simply saying if you are going to compare 2 guys brought in to essentially compete for third string, and both are considered by the "experts" to be shit, and if you have to pick 1, I would at-least pick the 1 that has as you said, marginally done more.

wayninja
01-15-2018, 02:45 PM
I think you are missing my point completely.

I am not clamoring for Sloter at all or thinking he will amount to anything.

I am simply saying if you are going to compare 2 guys brought in to essentially compete for third string, and both are considered by the "experts" to be shit, and if you have to pick 1, I would at-least pick the 1 that has as you said, marginally done more.

I think I understand your point, I just disagree. Not only are coaches often wrong about their picks, prospects, and lineup choices, I don't believe for a second that you'd go into the NFL season with these 2 guys being such questions marks that the only possible thing that would set them apart is pre-season experience.

chazoe60
01-15-2018, 02:49 PM
You used to tease me about not liking baseball. Then, I find an organization I fall in love with and you still attack me. You're a monster.

You picked the worst organization, that's all.

Ironically, the camp we just took Chuck to was held at Historic Dodger town in Vero Beach Florida. He stayed in rooms once occupied by Dodger players. The room in which they held their meetings was called the Jackie Robinson (one of the few redeeming qualities of that organization) room, there was a case with a game used Jackie Robinson bat in it, that was cool.

Its a cool complex.

Rick
01-15-2018, 02:51 PM
I think I understand your point, I just disagree. Not only are coaches often wrong about their picks, prospects, and lineup choices, I don't believe for a second that you'd go into the NFL season with these 2 guys being such questions marks that the only possible thing that would set them apart is pre-season experience.

Oh in a real world situation, in this case Kelly would win out on drafted potential alone if that is all that separated them.

My point was guys like falco that claimed Sloter or Kelly would essentially be STARS, not just make the team, but STARS, if I am going to make THAT claim shouldn't he have done SOMETHING previous to that, even if marginally?

wayninja
01-15-2018, 02:52 PM
Looks like the McD to Indy rumors are true.

Poet
01-15-2018, 02:53 PM
You picked the worst organization, that's all.

Ironically, the camp we just took Chuck to was held at Historic Dodger town in Vero Beach Florida. He stayed in rooms once occupied by Dodger players. The room in which they held their meetings was called the Jackie Robinson (one of the few redeeming qualities of that organization) room, there was a case with a game used Jackie Robinson bat in it, that was cool.

Its a cool complex.

The Dodgers rekindled a lost love for the sport. How could you hate me for falling in love with a historic and storied franchise? I could have gone with the Cardinals, which have the rudest and meanest fans I've ever encountered in sports. I could have gone with the Red Sox or the Yankees, both storied and both big league spenders. I wanted history, a dedication to winning, long and short term potential. All of those teams I mentioned qualify. Only one felt right. When you disrespect my Dodgers, you disrespect my newfound love of the game.

Don't push me away from the game!

Rick
01-15-2018, 02:54 PM

Could actually work out.

Luck would be great in the Patriots offense.

wayninja
01-15-2018, 02:54 PM
Oh in a real world situation, in this case Kelly would win out on drafted potential alone if that is all that separated them.

My point was guys like falco that claimed Sloter or Kelly would essentially be STARS, not just make the team, but STARS, if I am going to make THAT claim shouldn't he have done SOMETHING previous to that, even if marginally?

Marginally is marginally. Not sure what else to say. If it makes you feel better to put your seat in the fully upright position while the plane is nose-diving, so be it.

Poet
01-15-2018, 02:56 PM
McD will leave, Patricia will leave, and the Pats won't miss a beat. BB makes talented coordinators, but he is the man.

wayninja
01-15-2018, 02:56 PM
Could actually work out.

I think it will work out. McD didn't do us many favors, but I'm not sure the experiment was fully realized (nor maybe should it have been). He's likely learned some lessons from ******* us over though, so he'll probably be fine.

Freyaka
01-15-2018, 02:58 PM
Could actually work out.

If history is any indication, his first order of business will be to get rid of Luck.

turftoad
01-15-2018, 03:01 PM
If history is any indication, his first order of business will be to get rid of Luck.

Could be! One of NE's back ups is already on the team. Brissett!

chazoe60
The Dodgers rekindled a lost love for the sport. How could you hate me for falling in love with a historic and storied franchise? I could have gone with the Cardinals, which have the rudest and meanest fans I've ever encountered in sports. I could have gone with the Red Sox or the Yankees, both storied and both big league spenders. I wanted history, a dedication to winning, long and short term potential. All of those teams I mentioned qualify. Only one felt right. When you disrespect my Dodgers, you disrespect my newfound love of the game.

Don't push me away from the game!

I just despise the Dodgers. Especially their "fans" who rarely show before the 4th inning and often leave by the 8th. Most people you see wearing LA Dodgers caps couldn't name a single person on their roster. And, the Dodger fan base leads the Majors in stabbings by a wide margin. I jus t don't like that you hitched your wagon to that group.

Rick
It will be interesting to see what he does with the third pick.

I absolutely don't see him sticking pat with the pick, I see him trading back and grabbing more picks.

I think most other coaches there, they may have taken the best "star" available but I don't see them doing that with him there, I see a pick stockpile.

Anyone that moves into that spot is grabbing a QB.

Freyaka
01-15-2018, 03:02 PM
Could be! One of NE's back ups is already on the team. Brissett!

Yup...We all know the boner that dude had for Matt Cassel.

Rick
01-15-2018, 03:03 PM

Lol, he does like his Patriots guys. Could trade luck and say Brisset is his guy.

I see no way on that though. he learned his lesson, he is going there for Luck.

wayninja
01-15-2018, 03:03 PM
If there's one thing he SHOULD have learned in Denver, is to maybe be either a bit more conservative with, or listen to the advice of others when considering picks.

Rick
01-15-2018, 03:04 PM
Hopefully he listens to MY advice and trades Luck here for TS.

turftoad
01-15-2018, 03:05 PM
If there's one thing he SHOULD have learned in Denver, is to maybe be either a bit more conservative with, or listen to the advice of others when considering picks.

Plus his ego and he's a terrible personnel guy.

Poet
01-15-2018, 03:07 PM
He's great with personnel on the roster. He traded away a bunch of players hwo never amounted to much. Just don't let him run the draft.

dogfish
01-15-2018, 03:08 PM

great. . . he and irsay truly deserve each other. . .

also, that roster is the worst pile of trash in the NFL outside of andrew luck and his gimpy shoulder. . . and we know how strong mcdipshit is in personnel evaluation. . . it's going to be enjoyable watching him flail around with that craptacular squad. . . i can't wait 'til he has his falling out with luck, who is probably already tired of the overbearing owner there. . . could get messy, and it's gonna be real entertaining if it does. . .

Poet
01-15-2018, 03:10 PM
Laugh a little.

wayninja
01-15-2018, 03:11 PM
great. . . he and irsay truly deserve each other. . .

also, that roster is the worst pile of trash in the NFL outside of andrew luck and his gimpy shoulder. . . and we know how strong mcdipshit is in personnel evaluation. . . it's going to be enjoyable watching him flail around with that craptacular squad. . . i can't wait 'til he has his falling out with luck, who is probably already tired of the overbearing owner there. . . could get messy, and it's gonna be real entertaining if it does. . .

fingers crossed!

BroncoWave
01-15-2018, 03:27 PM
Lol at people who think he will trade luck. I will bet anyone at terms of your choosing that ain't happening.

Freyaka
01-15-2018, 03:34 PM
Lol at people who think he will trade luck. I will bet anyone at terms of your choosing that ain't happening.

You do realize people make jokes about stuff all the time and don't actually believe said jokes, right?

McD would be an idiot to trade luck, but it's funny to joke about since that fits his style perfectly. (though, I guess Dog could have been serious, I don't know)

wayninja
01-15-2018, 03:40 PM

C'mon, wave.

Nomad
01-15-2018, 03:42 PM
Is Luck ever gonna play again? He's definitely not the douche Cutler was, so I would expect Luck and McDaniels to get along.

Freyaka
01-15-2018, 03:47 PM
I could picture it if he did get traded though.

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2924234/luckcivilwar.0.jpg

My dearest Genevieve, the war goes badly. I have been transferred to the Rocky Mountain front to serve with the Mile High Militiamen. I am an outsider to them, but my prowess as an accomplished general proceeds me. I am worried that I may not make it home to see you as our frontlines offer me little protection, President Elway has assured me that it is a concern of his and he will work in the spring to improve the situation before we see more combat.

Rick
01-15-2018, 03:50 PM
That is pretty specific.

dogfish
01-15-2018, 03:54 PM
McD would be an idiot to trade luck, but it's funny to joke about since that fits his style perfectly. (though, I guess Dog could have been serious, I don't know)

he certainly won't come in and try to trade luck right away like he did with cutler. . . that doesn't guarantee that they'll have a harmonious long term working relationship, though. . . did you guys see mcdipshit screaming at brady on the sidelines a few weeks ago? don't kid yourselves, he's still an asshat. . . and there are already some rumors that luck's not that happy in indy. . . i can see him potentially wanting out at some point-- i think that is more likely than joshy trying to get rid of him, though i wouldn't put that past the little weasel either. . .

Freyaka
01-15-2018, 03:56 PM
he certainly won't come in and try to trade luck right away like he did with cutler. . . that doesn't guarantee that they'll have a harmonious long term working relationship, though. . . did you guys see mcdipshit screaming at brady on the sidelines a few weeks ago? don't kid yourselves, he's still an asshat. . . and there are already some rumors that luck's not that happy in indy. . . i can see him potentially wanting out at some point-- i think that is more likely than joshy trying to get rid of him, though i wouldn't put that past the little weasel either. . .

Brady's an immature dipshit. When you put one dipshit together with another, sparks fly. McD's working relationship with Brady is not a great indication of what to expect with Luck. Brady seems like a spoiled, angry child from what I can tell.

wayninja
01-15-2018, 04:36 PM

I thought it was brady screaming at mcd-nozzle?

dogfish
01-15-2018, 04:40 PM
I thought it was brady screaming at mcd-nozzle?

mcD started it-- shady finished it. . .

Nomad
01-15-2018, 04:47 PM
So when does FA signings start?

Rick
01-15-2018, 06:18 PM
March 12, ages away :(

HORSEPOWER 56
01-15-2018, 07:05 PM
Sweet, I think Mcdipshit should trade Luck to us then he can have his ex-Pat Brissett start for the Colts. They know each other well, after all...

topscribe
01-15-2018, 08:46 PM
At this point...Foles would be nice as our starter.
Foles has been a successful starter.

Davii
01-15-2018, 09:24 PM
That is an intriguing possibility, because they would get Bridgewater in and give him a medical evaluation before they would consider signing him. If he's back to near the QB he was before his injury, he would make a viable franchise QB. If not, then nobody is going to want him.

I doubt he's coming here simply because Denver has that #5 pick and it's unlikely he wants to compete for a starting job. He wants a team that is going to commit to him long term. Given the QB desperate league, he's probably going to find that team that will sign him, give him a 4 year deal and then just hope that he is the real deal for them, rather than coming to Denver.

But, Elway could just say "we don't like Allen, Mayfield or any other QB we are able to draft, and Bridgewater is the best veteran we can sign." Especially if Cousins stays in DC or goes elsewhere.

I don't think there's a team out there willing to risk their franchise with Teddy as their only option after that injury. I think he's competing no matter where he goes.

Cugel
01-16-2018, 12:03 AM
It will be interesting to see what he does with the third pick.

I absolutely don't see him sticking pat with the pick, I see him trading back and grabbing more picks.

I think most other coaches there, they may have taken the best "star" available but I don't see them doing that with him there, I see a pick stockpile.

Anyone that moves into that spot is grabbing a QB.

Would anybody do that for Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield? Rosen and Darnold will be gone #1 and #2 or vice versa. Neither the Browns nor the Giants are expected to be willing to trade those picks.

That leaves Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen and Mayfield. I'd be amazed if anybody trade up into that spot for one of them, but stranger things have happened.

Perhaps some team wants Allen, but knows the Broncos are set to take him at #5, so they need to trade up to #4 or #3, etc.

But, are any of those 2nd tier QBs in this draft worth what it would cost to move up? I say no. None of them are sure-fire prospects.

Of course, every year some team falls in love with a QB and just has to have that guy and will move up to get him. But, usually not in the top 10 as moves there are exorbitantly expensive. I don't think Elway will move up unless the Giants are willing to part with their #2 pick and Elway desperately wants Josh Rosen. Even he is not a sure fire prospect though. There are no Andrew Lucks in this draft and if there were, the Browns would not trade their pick anyway.

Rick
01-16-2018, 09:43 AM
Would anybody do that for Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield? Rosen and Darnold will be gone #1 and #2 or vice versa. Neither the Browns nor the Giants are expected to be willing to trade those picks.

That leaves Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen and Mayfield. I'd be amazed if anybody trade up into that spot for one of them, but stranger things have happened.

Perhaps some team wants Allen, but knows the Broncos are set to take him at #5, so they need to trade up to #4 or #3, etc.

But, are any of those 2nd tier QBs in this draft worth what it would cost to move up? I say no. None of them are sure-fire prospects.

Of course, every year some team falls in love with a QB and just has to have that guy and will move up to get him. But, usually not in the top 10 as moves there are exorbitantly expensive. I don't think Elway will move up unless the Giants are willing to part with their #2 pick and Elway desperately wants Josh Rosen. Even he is not a sure fire prospect though. There are no Andrew Lucks in this draft and if there were, the Browns would not trade their pick anyway.

Who knows. I am one who has always stated that 9 times out of 10 the "experts" are full of shit and pulling things out of their educated asses. That being said, I have read reports that the Browns Dorsey liked Allen so much that they considered him at spot 1. Who knows how true and who knows if any other team has the same feelings.

Every year teams trade up for players no-one thought they would and each year players fall when everyone expected that player to go early.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-16-2018, 10:49 AM
There are rumors that Shurmur is going to take the Giants HC job. There are also rumors that Keenum may go with Shurmur to his new team. Wouldn’t that be something? Keenum to the NYG with Shurmur to take over for Eli and the Giants don’t take a QB. They could then take Barkley to fix their atrocious running game. That would be crazy, but it’s not out of the realm of possibility.

wayninja
01-16-2018, 01:10 PM
Keenum is having a good run, but I'm not sold on him being a quality NFL starter. I wouldn't be surprise to see a fairly large regression next year, especially if he were to move to the Giants.

Ziggy
01-17-2018, 11:28 AM
McDaniels isn't trading anyone. The Colts have a GM, and his name is not McDaniels. He's going to Indy to coach. It's not the same blueprint as he had in Denver.

BroncoWave
01-17-2018, 11:56 AM
McDaniels isn't trading anyone. The Colts have a GM, and his name is not McDaniels. He's going to Indy to coach. It's not the same blueprint as he had in Denver.

Bingo.

Freyaka
01-17-2018, 12:02 PM
Good to know we have a bunch of no-nonsense posters. Where would we be without you guys letting us know how erroneous our jokes are?

Thank you for being there to put us in our place guys, we'd be lost without you.

BroncoWave
01-17-2018, 12:04 PM
Good to know we have a bunch of no-nonsense posters. Where would we be without you guys letting us know how erroneous our jokes are?

Thank you for being there to put us in our place guys, we'd be lost without you.

I honestly believe at least some people really do think he will go in and start trading people.

wayninja
01-17-2018, 12:31 PM
He's the coach. He's going to consider trades at some point. It's going to be his job.

I don't think anyone truly believes he's going to swoop in and start shopping Luck.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-17-2018, 12:42 PM
I’m just excited to see McDipshit fail at his second go ‘round as a HC. If he thought coaching here was tough, stand the hell by! Indy is a talent cesspool. Outside of Luck and TY Hilton, they have an ancient RB, a worse Oline than ours and probably the worst defense in the league.

I’m sure McDouche will sign a bunch of Pats cast offs like he did here, that suck outside of NE. It’s gonna be super fun to watch him scream at Luck on the sidelines because he can’t do it all himself and “all he’s trying to do is win a mother ******* game!” I’m pretty stoked.

BroncoWave
01-17-2018, 12:46 PM
I'm pretty excited to see him kick ass there and see all the dumbfounded reactions on here.

Rick
01-17-2018, 12:47 PM
I’m just excited to see McDipshit fail at his second go ‘round as a HC. If he thought coaching here was tough, stand the hell by! Indy is a talent cesspool. Outside of Luck and TY Hilton, they have an ancient RB, a worse Oline than ours and probably the worst defense in the league.

I’m sure McDouche will sign a bunch of Pats cast offs like he did here, that suck outside of NE. It’s gonna be super fun to watch him scream at Luck on the sidelines because he can’t do it all himself and “all he’s trying to do is win a mother ******* game!” I’m pretty stoked.

All I'm trying to do is write a mother ******* post!

Just felt like saying that, carry on.

Freyaka
01-17-2018, 12:57 PM
I'm pretty excited to see him kick ass there and see all the dumbfounded reactions on here.

How many games will you wait before you buy your Colt's hoodie Wave?

BroncoWave
01-17-2018, 12:59 PM
How many games will you wait before you buy your Colt's hoodie Wave?

Wait, I should have waited until games started? Oops!

Cugel
01-17-2018, 01:25 PM
There are rumors that Shurmur is going to take the Giants HC job. There are also rumors that Keenum may go with Shurmur to his new team. Wouldn’t that be something? Keenum to the NYG with Shurmur to take over for Eli and the Giants don’t take a QB. They could then take Barkley to fix their atrocious running game. That would be crazy, but it’s not out of the realm of possibility.

The Vikings are likely to sign Keenum to a long term deal, or else franchise him if they can't. I suppose they could decide to keep Bridgewater, but after the miracle in Minnesota, the best play in Vikings history the fans will riot if they deal Keenum. Reportedly, delirious fans were wandering the streets in bitter cold in a daze for hours after the improbable come from behind victory. Even if the Eagles beat them in the NFC Championship, it's going to be hard for Vikings fans to forget that performance.

Maybe if he goes out and throws 3 picks and they get blown out. But, if he plays adequately even if they lose, it's still the best Vikings season since 1999.

They haven't had much to cheer about in MN in recent years, and Keenum is the toast of the state now.

I'd say he's going nowhere.

Cugel
01-17-2018, 01:26 PM

With that awesome roster they have in Indy? :laugh:

Freyaka
01-17-2018, 01:29 PM
Wait, I should have waited until games started? Oops!

lol I give you crap, but I don't hate the guy like some around here. I can see he has the potential to be a really good coach, someone just has to rip personnel decisions away from him. If the colts do that, he's going to be ok.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-17-2018, 02:01 PM
I honestly believe at least some people really do think he will go in and start trading people.

I confess Wave, I believe McDaniels will do well there. I think he’ll have them in the playoffs inside of two years.

slim
01-17-2018, 02:27 PM
I think he will be fine as long as the limit his power.

Ellis really dropped the ball on that deal.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-17-2018, 02:29 PM
McDaniels is the worst coach in Broncos history. I’d rather deal with VJ for the length of his contract than ever have McDaniels coach here again. He’s worse than incompetent. He’s a Patriot and more importantly, a ******* cheater. I will always root against his success. Always!

dogfish
01-17-2018, 02:34 PM
I confess Wave, I believe McDaniels will do well there. I think he’ll have them in the playoffs inside of two years.

you shut your whore mouth!

topscribe
01-17-2018, 03:00 PM
Well, that will be quite a switch since he had us as a 4-12 team in about that time.

Cugel
01-17-2018, 03:13 PM
Well, that will be quite a switch since he had us as a 4-12 team in about that time.

Pretty much this. He claims he learned a lot from his days in Denver, but did he learn how not to be a ginormous douch-nozzle?

For some reason people keep hiring Belichick's assistants and they keep failing with great regularity. Maybe it's because they will not be bringing Tom Brady or Bill Belichick along, and the Patriot's success had a lot to do with those guys.

BroncoWave
01-17-2018, 03:36 PM

Yes, because people never get better at their jobs with more experience, ever.

topscribe
01-17-2018, 04:28 PM
Well, I mentioned that would be quite a switch. I didn't say it wouldn't happen.
His boss Belichick fell on his face his first year at HC, and we know the rest of the story.
But then, McDaniels is not Belichick. So we'll see . . .

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-19-2018, 02:28 PM

I understand, and am not a fan. I’m simply persuaded he’s a good x’s and o’s guy who will be a little more humble towards his players than the last go around. I also think it will be good for him to not have GM powers. I’m still not sure what Xanders did, other than act as some type of advisor

Davii
01-19-2018, 02:32 PM
Pretty much this. He claims he learned a lot from his days in Denver, but did he learn how not to be a ginormous douch-nozzle?

For some reason people keep hiring Belichick's assistants and they keep failing with great regularity. Maybe it's because they will not be bringing Tom Brady or Bill Belichick along, and the Patriot's success had a lot to do with those guys.

Sure didn't show during his time in STL.

Cugel
01-19-2018, 08:21 PM

Tell that to Eric Mangini, Romeo Crennel, and basically every other Patriots assistant coach who has gone on to become a head coach in the NFL. They almost all failed. Most failed spectacularly, and they don't get any better. They either go back to being assistant coaches or retire.

Cugel
01-19-2018, 08:27 PM
I understand, and am not a fan. I’m simply persuaded he’s a good x’s and o’s guy who will be a little more humble towards his players than the last go around. I also think it will be good for him to not have GM powers. I’m still not sure what Xanders did, other than act as some type of advisor

Xanders was supposed to be the GM, but somehow within a few months, McDaniels had seized total control in what amounted to some sort of coup. How exactly that happened has never been explained, but McMoron himself said "someone had to take control" implying that Xanders was incapable of doing so, and he had to step in.

Codswallop, of a particularly self-serving sort of course.

That's my big word of the day, Codswallop. Got it from Robbie Coltrane.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-19-2018, 08:28 PM
Codswallop, I like it.

Poet
01-19-2018, 08:36 PM
Tell that to Eric Mangini, Romeo Crennel, and basically every other Patriots assistant coach who has gone on to become a head coach in the NFL. They almost all failed. Most failed spectacularly, and they don't get any better. They either go back to being assistant coaches or retire.

Tom Coughlin and Bill Belichick. Both got a lot better over time. FFS you see head coaches improve all the god damned time. Pete Carroll. Dick Vermeil. Sometimes they improve their production by taking on or giving away former duties. If you're going go to argue that some of those examples were very young either as men, or as their time as HC when they floundered, you're conceding the point.

Cugel
01-19-2018, 08:55 PM
Tom Coughlin and Bill Belichick. Both got a lot better over time. FFS you see head coaches improve all the god damned time. Pete Carroll. Dick Vermeil. Sometimes they improve their production by taking on or giving away former duties. If you're going go to argue that some of those examples were very young either as men, or as their time as HC when they floundered, you're conceding the point.

What the hell? :confused:

Pete Carroll went from USC to the Seahawks. He never coached for the Patriots!

And Coughlin went from the Jaguars to the Giants, without a stint in NE either!

Belichick himself did better in NE than the Jets, but that could just be because the Jest, Jest, Jest, suck, suck, suck!

Name all these former Patriots assistant coaches who have had great careers as head coaches in the NFL. I'll wait.

wayninja
01-19-2018, 09:06 PM
Cugel with a fairly out of character series of posts. I may subscribe to your newsletter.

Poet
01-19-2018, 09:23 PM

Belichick himself did better in NE than the Jets, but that could just be because the Jest, Jest, Jest, suck, suck, suck!

Name all these former Patriots assistant coaches who have had great careers as head coaches in the NFL. I'll wait.

We're talking about coaches in general. There's nothing magical about being a Patriots HC - and if that's your line, none of the other HC's you mentioned were older guys, ergo the comparison is completely flawed.

Good god!

chazoe60
01-19-2018, 10:41 PM

Pete Carroll did too coach the Patriots. Do you enjoy being wrong?

Nomad
01-19-2018, 10:45 PM
Pete Carroll did too coach the Patriots. Do you enjoy being wrong?

1997-1999

MOtorboat
01-20-2018, 01:33 AM

In addition to what has already been pointed out about Carroll indeed coaching New England, Belichick didn't coach a single game for the Jets, FYI.

PatriotsGuy
01-20-2018, 10:08 AM
In addition to what has already been pointed out about Carroll indeed coaching New England, Belichick didn't coach a single game for the Jets, FYI.

Not as the head coach no, but he was D coordinator

Northman
01-20-2018, 10:13 AM
Lmao, and then people wonder why they dont take Cugel seriously on football takes. I mean **** dude, simply google it if you dont ******* know. haha

Jsteve01
01-20-2018, 10:18 AM

You know man the stats don't really support your take. Not to be argumentative but if the guy doesn't turn the ball over a lot it means he's probably not making a ton of bad weeds. In the NFL if you make a lot of bad reads it equates to turnovers. And Taylor just does not turn the ball over. Also if you're trying to tell me that the bills have better receivers in the Broncos and a better defense that I don't know if I buy that one either. Although the defense fell off last year in Woods first season. I would accept Simmons and parks to continue to develop Demarcus Walker look like a player at the end of the season hopefully wolf is healthy so 6 games does not make sense to me.

Jsteve01
01-20-2018, 10:25 AM
If Chad Kelly was legitimate, wouldn't a team have drafted him much earlier?

or, you know. . . have drafted him at all, for that matter? the kelly stuff cracks me up. . . 31 teams didn't think he was worth drafting at all. . . but since he did such a great job of being on IR, now he's in serious consideration for our starting job. . . get real, people. . . kelly is practice squad fodder, or our 3rd string, long term developmental project, at best. . . dog typically I agree with you on most things Bronco. But I think that there is a lot there to legitimately say Kelly could be the QB of the future. Has football Acumen is a lot higher than either lunch or Simeon. He ran a pro-style offense in college. He has all of the physical tools. He beat all the big-name teams in the SEC. The big question mark for him going Beyond injury is his volatility. I think that the Kaepernick situation in the NFL has made teams a little bit more leery of perceived head cases

HORSEPOWER 56
01-20-2018, 05:36 PM
dog typically I agree with you on most things Bronco. But I think that there is a lot there to legitimately say Kelly could be the QB of the future. Has football Acumen is a lot higher than either lunch or Simeon. He ran a pro-style offense in college. He has all of the physical tools. He beat all the big-name teams in the SEC. The big question mark for him going Beyond injury is his volatility. I think that the Kaepernick situation in the NFL has made teams a little bit more leery of perceived head cases

To be honest, I’d love to see what Kelly has. Unfortunately, I think the only way Kelly gets an opportunity is if he ends up the same as Siemian. We’d have to get rid of Lynch (maybe) and Siemian (likely), draft a QB to be our future who isn’t quite “ready” the first year, and sign a veteran QB to be the placeholder who ends up not doing well in camp.

In other words, he’d pretty much have to do the Trevor Siemian thing all over again and beat out whatever vet we brought in while we develop his replacement. Just like Siemian and Lynch. The league isn’t “fair” and nobody is going to give a 7th round pick the start unless he wins out decisively over a proven vet and whomever we draft.

sneakers
01-22-2018, 06:52 AM
why?