PDA

View Full Version : Live-Action Star Wars TV series? Am I the only one who didn't know?

sneakers
12-04-2007, 03:36 AM
I just found out about this, but everyone I talked to about it so far has been like "You didn't know about that?"

More info here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_live-action_TV_series

They plan on 400 episodes!! All set in the 19 year span between episodes III and IV. Obviously it will be focused on some of the more minor characters in the Star Wars Universe since all the leads are old...but it says that they could make some cameo appearences.

Set to come out in 2009.

Retired_Member_001
12-05-2007, 09:02 AM
I've known since last year. :laugh:

There's going to be a Clone Wars TV series next year and a Live action series the year after that.

Skywalker
12-09-2007, 11:50 AM
I've known since last year. :laugh:

There's going to be a Clone Wars TV series next year and a Live action series the year after that.

I didn't know there was going to be a Live Action one :D

I knew about the Clone Wars one though, it looks pretty sweet :woot:

Den21vsBal19
12-09-2007, 12:05 PM
I just found out about this, but everyone I talked to about it so far has been like "You didn't know about that?"

Quite possibly :laugh:

I'd heard it was only doing to be a hundred shows though, 400 would be longer than any show since I don't know when :eek:

Cleveland Rocks
12-14-2007, 05:51 PM
Yea, I knew about it.

I have mixed feelings about it.

I prefer Star Wars on the Big Screen and you just know that the networks will have to put their greedy little hands on the show and make it even more "kid friendly".

sneakers
12-24-2007, 06:17 AM
Yea, I knew about it.

I have mixed feelings about it.

I prefer Star Wars on the Big Screen and you just know that the networks will have to put their greedy little hands on the show and make it even more "kid friendly".

I think it will be shown on cable....I am 95% sure that it will be on cable.

Den21vsBal19
12-24-2007, 01:03 PM
I think it will be shown on cable....I am 95% sure that it will be on cable.
Hopefully that may mean that it's not quite as sanitised as could be the case ;)

sneakers
12-27-2007, 04:45 AM
Hopefully that may mean that it's not quite as sanitised as could be the case ;)

(Sorry, it took me for ever to figure out what the word "sanitised" you used meant. But then I remembered that in some British novels I have read used the letters S instead of Z a lot. I would have spelled it "sanitized"...but oh well)

I think so....from what the Producer and George Lucas have said.

On the style of the series, McCallum has stated "It is going to be much darker, much grittier, and it's much more character based."

Lucas has described the series as "bare-bones" and "action-heavy" and has stated that it will be for more mature audiences like TV shows Battlestar Galactica and Firefly.

Den21vsBal19
12-27-2007, 05:50 AM
(Sorry, it took me for ever to figure out what the word "sanitised" you used meant. But then I remembered that in some British novels I have read used the letters S instead of Z a lot. I would have spelled it "sanitized"...but oh well)

I think so....from what the Producer and George Lucas have said.

On the style of the series, McCallum has stated "It is going to be much darker, much grittier, and it's much more character based."

Lucas has described the series as "bare-bones" and "action-heavy" and has stated that it will be for more mature audiences like TV shows Battlestar Galactica and Firefly.
Ah, but it's English so I'm right ;)

Now that sounds promising, I love both BSG & Firefly, if SW's half as good it'll be more than enjoyable :D

MOtorboat
12-27-2007, 09:08 AM
Any word on what network?

Den21vsBal19
12-28-2007, 12:43 PM
Any word on what network?
I've not heard to be honest, I'd guess a 50/50 chance of Fox, but that's just a guess

MOtorboat
12-28-2007, 12:46 PM
I've not heard to be honest, I'd guess a 50/50 chance of Fox, but that's just a guess

F/X most likely than...or would they try to go on Fox on primetime? I think if they made it a littler darker and on F/X it would be a lot better...but that's just my opinion.

Den21vsBal19
12-28-2007, 01:12 PM
F/X most likely than...or would they try to go on Fox on primetime? I think if they made it a littler darker and on F/X it would be a lot better...but that's just my opinion.
That would be my hope as well, the Empire presides over dark times and any pretense at anything else would just ruin it IMO..............

sneakers
12-29-2007, 05:57 AM
That would be my hope as well, the Empire presides over dark times and any pretense at anything else would just ruin it IMO..............

Looks like they are going to cover just about everything....

Plot
The series is set between 19 BBY and 0 BBY, referred to as "the dark times" by Obi-Wan Kenobi in A New Hope. It is during this period that the newly formed Galactic Empire will rise to ultimate power throughout the galaxy. It is during this time period that the first Death Star will be constructed, albeit with many problems along the way.

Nevertheless, most of the stories will be told from the perspective of minor characters from the Star Wars galaxy. Lucas has described it as "one show that will split into four shows, focusing on different characters."[25] According to George Lucas, Boba Fett may play a significant supporting role in the series, with Daniel Logan reprising his role from Attack of the Clones. According to Lucas, several of the major characters from the films may have small appearances as well.

Over the course of the show, the fledgling Rebel Alliance will gradually form into a full resistance against the Empire. The Alliance, with its loyalist intentions to restore the Old Republic, will ultimately win its first battle against the Empire, setting up the events for A New Hope. Per the opening crawl of A New Hope, only one major Rebel victory can occur in the series; however, it is possible that the Rebels may achieve minor victories or even suffer defeats before that.

Recent Star Wars productions have revealed all that is known at this point about the period the series will take place in:

The Evasive Action: Prey webstrips reveal that an unknown number of Jedi escape Order 66 for any number of reasons (not actively involved in the war, "conscientious objectors," semi-rogue, skill, luck, etc.), and are hunted for a time by Darth Vader. At some point, Vader is told to focus on helping Palpatine build the Empire, and less on remaining Jedi, leaving that to others.

Yoda is in self-imposed exile on Dagobah, while Obi-Wan becomes a hermit on Tatooine after taking baby Luke to live with Owen and Beru Lars. The Last of the Jedi: The Desperate Mission reveals that Obi-Wan resides there until contacted about Anakin's one time rival, Ferus Olin. He then goes on one final adventure off-planet before returning to Tatooine. He may have some further planetbound adventures, but otherwise mostly watches over Luke, from a distance.

A.C. Crispin has stated that she proposed a book series dealing with Princess Leia Organa between Episode III and IV, but that "Lucasfilm didn't approve the idea of a Leia backstory because they want to keep that era of the SW continuity untouched for the television series they're considering."[26]

An AICN insider report from October 15, 2007 stated that the series will include:[27]

Podracing and the political interaction that went with it

"Rebel bases and Imperial Star Destroyers...Imperials will be everywhere in the new show - undercover operatives, Imperial Officers of all makes and ambitions, and nearly all of them will be afraid of Darth Vader."

Characters including Oola, Bib Fortuna, Boba Fett, Thall Joben, a Rebel general named Durron, "a straight-laced Rebel with the last name Naberre [sic]...in his 20s," "at least" one Mandalorian, and "General Papanoida"

A plot involving the Death Star plans

A more emotionally nuanced, morally gray take on characterization

EastCoastBronco
02-19-2008, 07:22 PM
I read somewhere that there is a CGI animated Clone Wars movie hitting the theatres in August to pilot the TV series...

sneakers
02-20-2008, 01:23 AM
I read somewhere that there is an CGI animated Clone Wars movie hitting the theatres in August to pilot the TV series...

Yup that's what I heard too! :D

Den21vsBal19
02-20-2008, 06:04 AM
Yup that's what I heard too! :D
An unexpected bonus :D

EastCoastBronco
02-20-2008, 09:36 AM
Check it out here...

http://starwars.com/

sneakers
02-25-2008, 07:03 AM
Check it out here...

http://starwars.com/

Awesome! THanks!

Retired_Member_001
02-25-2008, 03:59 PM
You’ve got to admire any actor who essentially told George Lucas he’d be happy to do anything in a “Star Wars” movie. And not only that, but Samuel L. Jackson is sounding like he’s still up for being a part of the franchise in whatever form it takes.

As we all know the “Star Wars” saga is far from over with not one but two television series in development. The live action series is set to take place after the events of Episode III meaning a Mace Windu appearance ain’t looking so likely BUT there’s always the new CGI animated Clone Wars series.

And Sam Jackson sounds game to return.”Yeah, absolutely,” Jackson told MTV News today when asked if he’s interested in voicing the Mace Windu character in the new series. “I would love to,” Jackson said when asked if he’s ready to be the ill-fated Jedi warrior once again. Most exciting of all? Jackson confirmed that Lucas and company have expressed interest. “I have talked to them about it,” he said.”A lot of people love that character,” Jackson continued, pondering the continuing adventures of the only Jedi on record to wield a purple lightsaber.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/02/10/samuel-l-jackson-may-return-as-mace-windu-in-star-wars-cgi-series/

As a Star Wars fan it would be great to see my favourite actor voice the character. I think if Sam Jackson took part, other actors from the movies may take part as well.

Den21vsBal19
02-26-2008, 08:49 AM
As a Star Wars fan it would be great to see my favourite actor voice the character. I think if Sam Jackson took part, other actors from the movies may take part as well.
Why not, Sam Jackson's got plenty of experience of voice-over with his appearance as Officer Tenpenny in GTA:SA