PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Taylor to undergo hip surgeries

Denver Native (Carol)
01-03-2018, 08:37 PM
KUSA - Next up in the line of Broncos’ offseason surgeries is Jordan Taylor.

The Denver Broncos’ second-year receiver and punt returner will have soon have both hips surgically repaired by Dr. Marc Philippon at The Steadman Clinic in Vail, league sources tell 9NEWS.

It would be similar to the double-hip procedure Dr. Philippon performed on Broncos center Matt Paradis last year. Paradis had the hip surgeries spaced about a month apart. He missed the entire offseason, but didn’t miss a snap during the regular season for a third consecutive year.

rest - http://www.9news.com/sports/jordan-taylor-to-undergo-hip-surgeries/504470989

GEM
01-03-2018, 09:14 PM
Didn't even hear he was injured.

Cugel
01-04-2018, 12:36 PM
Trevor Siemian has just had surgery (again) on his non-throwing shoulder. Not that it matters since he's gone as soon as they can negotiate an injury settlement with him. I don't see any room on the roster for him as a backup. Not if Elway signs a FA veteran to come in and start, and a rookie draft pick to backup until the rookie is ready.

That's two QBs. Add Chad Kelly or Paxton Lynch as the #3 scout team QB and that's all the room on the roster.

Rick
01-04-2018, 12:37 PM
I didn't even realize this was a QB thread.

dogfish
01-04-2018, 12:52 PM
I didn't even realize this was a QB thread.

well, some of us have been lobbying for sunshine to start. . .

Timmy!
01-04-2018, 01:08 PM
Lol@QB thread.

In review, Sunshine with broke ass hips > Mckenzie.

dogfish
01-04-2018, 01:31 PM
In review, Sunshine with broke ass hips > Mckenzie with broke ass brain

there we go, fixed that for ya. . .

Timmy!
01-04-2018, 01:36 PM
there we go, fixed that for ya. . .

This implies McKenzie has a brain......im not so sure.

Davii
01-04-2018, 01:53 PM
Apparently McKenzie is also getting surgery on his hands and medulla oblongata

Spiritguy
01-04-2018, 04:53 PM

Connecting them?

From Carole's link.

(Update: This report initially said Taylor was to have surgery on both hips. It was decided to treat the other hip conservatively, and not repair it surgically).

dogfish
01-04-2018, 05:08 PM
gotta love a good waterboy reference. . .

Timmy!
01-04-2018, 05:28 PM
gotta love a good waterboy reference. . .

Foosballs the devil!

topscribe
01-04-2018, 05:37 PM
Well, if Sunshine has been playing with lame hips, I'm really impressed with his play . . .

Cugel
01-05-2018, 11:14 AM
well, some of us have been lobbying for sunshine to start. . .

Hell yes! Sunshine is a better pro QB prospect than Paxton Lynch every day of the week. You have to admit that!

Cugel
01-05-2018, 11:14 AM
Well, if Sunshine has been playing with lame hips, I'm really impressed with his play . . .

Dude is a baller. Period. Some guys really care and work their butts off. Some don't (Paxton come on down!).

Cugel
01-05-2018, 11:16 AM

That was really clever. I had to look that up. "Controls the hands." :laugh:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-06-2018, 11:43 AM
The sad part with McKenzie was simply him looking to run before he had secured the ball. It isn’t that he can’t catch. It’s that he is ignoring “catching the football 101”, which is “look the ball in.” That’s why guys like TO, DT, and BM have so many drops throughout their careers. They are looking to run before they’ve secured the ball. Next time you see DT drop one look where his eyes are when the ball comes out of his hands. They’re upfield and not on the ball.

I’ve seen McKenzie do the same thing. It’s inexcusable from a rookie punt returner and am really disappointed they couldn’t coach that out of him. It is sort of understandable from guys like TO who made a career out of run after the catch and would have 15-20 targets in a game, but not a rookie punt returner.
The message to Mckenzie should have been “catch the ball or you’ll get traded to the CFL”, not “go make a play”