PDA

View Full Version : Broncos to Coach Senior Bowl

UnderArmour
01-03-2018, 01:43 PM
Good news for the Broncos, and one of the few positives of not switching coaches. Texans will coach the South.

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/948623924404699136

dogfish
01-03-2018, 01:49 PM
nice! vance will get to coach practices, he'll be in his element. . .

VonDoom
01-03-2018, 01:57 PM
This is great. Gives our staff a chance to see everyone up close in ways that other coaches won't be able to. Now they have to take advantage of that when it comes to the draft.

Valar Morghulis
01-03-2018, 01:58 PM
It is a shame for the North team, missing out on the opportunity to get some NFL level coaching

Denver Native (Carol)
01-03-2018, 02:01 PM
Players who have accepted invitations to the 2018 Reese's Senior Bowl. We announce players every Monday on twitter (@seniorbowl).

https://www.seniorbowl.com/accepted-invites.php

Rick
01-03-2018, 02:03 PM

If I were a senior I would worry about the game, it's on a Saturday :(

dogfish
01-03-2018, 02:06 PM
when do they announce what squads the individual players are on? the most obvious names of interest are the QBs-- baker mayfield, luke falk and mason rudolph. . .

broncofaninfla
01-03-2018, 02:16 PM
Sweet! I go every year, definitely going to make this one too. Practice is far more entertaining than the game itself and I'll get a feel for who Denver is interested in early in this process.

Davii
01-03-2018, 02:28 PM
If I were a senior I would worry about the game, it's on a Saturday :(

His coaching problems happen on Sunday and Thursday, they might be ok here.

dogfish
01-03-2018, 02:30 PM
His coaching problems happen on Sunday and Thursday

and monday. . . the giants kicked our asses on monday. . .

UnderArmour
01-03-2018, 02:35 PM
Kind of a cool side note: Bill Kollar, our defensive line coach, is part of the Senior Bowl Hall of Fame and was the 1974 MVP of the game.

nevcraw
01-03-2018, 02:39 PM
I’m sure they will have a great week of practices.

VonDoom
01-03-2018, 03:02 PM
when do they announce what squads the individual players are on? the most obvious names of interest are the QBs-- baker mayfield, luke falk and mason rudolph. . .

Legwold says Mayfield is on the South team, but I'm not sure if he really knows this or not:

When the Broncos coach the North team at the Senior Bowl later this month one of the players who will be on the South roster they will see in practice every day that week is Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield. Mayfield has accepted an invitation to play in the game

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0740294650291556969-4

Northman
01-03-2018, 03:03 PM
So the South will win.

Rick
01-03-2018, 03:24 PM
Puzzling.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-03-2018, 03:56 PM
I kinda feel bad for those seniors. Their draft stock is at risk and they’re in the hands of Clown Shoes. If Mayfield is on the South team, we’ll probably get Allen.

BroncoJoe
01-03-2018, 04:06 PM
Man, you guys are brutal.

dogfish
01-03-2018, 04:09 PM
Man, you guys are brutal.

we're a bunch of savages, joe. . . this isn't news. . .

MOtorboat
01-03-2018, 04:33 PM
Just say no to Mayfield.

dogfish
01-03-2018, 04:46 PM
Just say no to Mayfield.

if nothing else, your reaction will be entertaining if we do draft him. . .

MOtorboat
01-03-2018, 04:50 PM
if nothing else, your reaction will be entertaining if we do draft him. . .

Some linebacker is going to take his head off in the first game because he'll be talking shit he can't back up.

Davii
01-03-2018, 05:09 PM
Just say no to Mayfield.

I wasn't high on the limited things I'd seen from him and then yesterday, wow, he managed to downgrade my opinion of him.

Ziggy
01-03-2018, 05:54 PM
Brandon Krisztal

@BKDenverSports
1h
1 hour ago

More
There’s a great opportinity for Vance Joseph & @JohnElway to get to know @baker_mayfield6 as @SeniorBowlPhil just told @SixZeroStrength & I on @OrangeBlue760 the @HeismanTrophy winner will be on their North Team @seniorbowl roster!

Ziggy
01-03-2018, 05:56 PM
Just say no to Mayfield.

You don't need to sweat it Mo. Elway isn't drafting another spread qb any time soon. Rosen or Darnold will be the choice if he goes QB at 5.

BigDaddyBronco
01-03-2018, 06:13 PM
You don't need to sweat it Mo. Elway isn't drafting another spread qb any time soon. Rosen or Darnold will be the choice if he goes QB at 5.

Both will be gone by number 5.

dogfish
01-03-2018, 06:33 PM

zig, you're doing it wrong. . . we want to increase MO's angst on this topic as much as possible. . .

Rick
01-03-2018, 07:00 PM

If one were to believe the media reports, and only Cugel takes those as gospel, the Browns might actually take Allen number 1.

BroncoWave
01-03-2018, 08:38 PM
zig, you're doing it wrong. . . we want to increase MO's angst on this topic as much as possible. . .

I'm definitely on the Baker train now! Choo choo!

MOtorboat
01-03-2018, 08:56 PM

FanInAZ
01-03-2018, 10:48 PM

I felt compelled by that pic look up the child actor to see what he's done in the last 34 years since he went into the Temple of Doom. Jonathan Ke Quan hasn't done all that much. Only 2 other credits that I've heard of, neither of which I've watched. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0702841/?ref_=tt_cl_t3

HORSEPOWER 56
01-03-2018, 11:01 PM
I felt compelled by that pic look up the child actor to see what he's done in the last 34 years since he went into the Temple of Doom. Jonathan Ke Quan hasn't done all that much. Only 2 other credits that I've heard of, neither of which I've watched. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0702841/?ref_=tt_cl_t3

Um... Goonies!? Fifty Dowwa Biww!

Joel
01-05-2018, 04:42 AM
Fer reals: An amateur all-star game suits his coaching ability.

Gone where? Indy replacing Luck? The Giants replacing Eli? Houston replacing Watson? Cleveland dooming yet another talented rookie QB is as plausible as ever, but unless someone else trades up into the #2-4 slot, it's not plausible ANY two QBs are gone by #5. I'm not saying Elway WILL take a top QB prospect—but he easily could.

Rick
01-05-2018, 09:41 AM
NY has to take a guy. Not to replace Eli but just in case they need to. Sooner rather than later they HAVE to regardless.

BroncoWave
01-05-2018, 10:13 AM

Gone where? Indy replacing Luck? The Giants replacing Eli? Houston replacing Watson? Cleveland dooming yet another talented rookie QB is as plausible as ever, but unless someone else trades up into the #2-4 slot, it's not plausible ANY two QBs are gone by #5. I'm not saying Elway WILL take a top QB prospect—but he easily could.

You realize Eli is almost 40, right? It's entirely plausible they draft his successor in the top 5. As for Cleveland, it's the browns, you can always count on them to do something dumb. I agree the colts are a longshot to pick a QB, but that luck injury is still a mystery. Maybe if they know something about his arm that we don't, a QB isn't off the table for them either.

Joel
01-05-2018, 10:48 AM
Eli's not young, but Brees is older and people are STILL saying we should pay him $20M+/yr if the Saints no longer will. Meanwhile, in NY, Eli's far from the Giants' biggest problem, so drafting their next starting QB before addressing some of the others leaves them with Andrew Luck in the best case, Paxton Lynch in the worst. Remember how everyone agreed Bortles SUCKED forever until the Jags put a team around him?

If the Best Athlete Left when the at #2 is a QB, the Giants should take him: You don't pass on the Von Millers of the world just because "we have to fill our need at x." If you didn't have more gaping holes than draft picks you wouldn't be drafting #2 overall: Either take the potential HoFer you can build your team around or (if you somehow DO have a potential HoFer there already) trade the pick to someone else for multiple decent players/picks to fill multiple holes.

That's also why NY should NOT take a QB at #2 UNLESS he's the Best Athlete Left. Statistically, first round QBs are twice as likely to succeed as second rounders—but ALL first rounders have EQUAL yet SMALL odds of success. For example, 2005s #1 overall pick was Alex Smith and it's #24 overall pick Aaron Rodgers: Which would you prefer? I mean, I still like Alex Smith, but Rodgers is the best QB in the league, and has been for a while. The year after, Vince Young went #3, Matt Leinart #10 and Cutler #11; Broncos fans may loathe Cutler, but he's still doing better than VY or Leinart EVER did. I could go on (as ya'll surely recall) but the point should be clear.

NightTrainLayne
01-05-2018, 11:02 AM
Am I the only guy here who likes Mayfield? I'd be as happy with picking Mayfield as anyone. Dude can make plays off-schedule.

VonDoom
01-05-2018, 11:14 AM
Am I the only guy here who likes Mayfield? I'd be as happy with picking Mayfield as anyone. Dude can make plays off-schedule.

Not the only one ...

Ziggy
01-05-2018, 12:55 PM

Nah, if Elway decides that he is mature enough to be a pro it's not a bad pick at all in my mind. He has the talent. The only question I have is whether or not he has the football IQ, humility, and maturity.

NightTerror218
01-05-2018, 12:59 PM

Browns and giants are almost locks for taking a QB. Jets are #6 and may trade up to get 1

NightTerror218
01-05-2018, 01:00 PM

My favorite QB of the bunch but would take darnold first

dogfish
01-05-2018, 01:24 PM

i have reservations about him, but that's true of all the prospects. . . i would be okay with us drafting baker-- if only for the fun of watching MO's head explode in slow motion. . .

MOtorboat
01-05-2018, 02:14 PM
i have reservations about him, but that's true of all the prospects. . . i would be okay with us drafting baker-- if only for the fun of watching MO's head explode in slow motion. . .

I’m not a fan.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-05-2018, 02:42 PM

I’m with you NTL.

dogfish
01-05-2018, 02:43 PM
I’m not a fan.

i am starting to pick up on that. . .