PDA

View Full Version : That was Kind of Awesome.

Ground Control
12-31-2017, 08:21 PM
The last game of the year is mostly what I hope for every game this year, as a pure fan of good football (that hhheeeeeeaaaaavvvillllyyyyy) favors the Broncos.

We saw intense game play and no one giving up, as far as I saw. We saw some f' ups from people we expected to see f' ups from. We saw a crap ton of Chiefs getting injured but that is why they rested their starters after all, just as we did to a much lesser degree.

We saw Anderson get 1,000! Hell yes! He won't be with us next year, and I'm cool with that, but he deserves this. So does our O-line. Our O-line is not a disaster, btw, and anyone that says so has some more learning to do. We need at least one - most likely only one more beast at tackle to make as reasonably good an O-line that the NFL has to offer. they are #3 in run blocking, so all we need to do is protect. K, Let's go big with getting another beast for pass protection and leave one of the more capable lineman we have as backup.

Go m-f'ing Henderson! We got more of him (just a little), finally. And, more of Booker! We are set next year in the backfield and can focus our draft and FA efforts elsewhere. I know it's slightly hopeful but Booker looks great...and Henderson impresses. I'll stick my head out by reminding everyone that TD was a sixth round pick. Plus, RB seems to be a good, wide-open position where heart and ass-kicking seems to trump the usual name and pedigree needed to get the chance at other positions.

We saw Lynch. Contrary to a recent post of mine, we're probably stuck with Lynch next year, since he's got a few million on our salary cap. Luckily, he showed what it takes to be a backup. I've certainly seen way worse from backups that had to step up this year in the NFL. So, the long term project gets some more years to develop. That is assuming we go big in FA next year. Which is the only world that I can feel good about having Lynch on the team next year.

We saw VJ making all the right calls (I think). That may be easy when there is nothing to lose but that's assuming he had nothing to lose. I think he may have just earned his job next year today. I'm not sure he can be a great NFL coach but I am pretty sure we'll see him lead us next year, at this point. So, why not get behind him? There are no great NL coaches that did not have great QBs.

Period.

So, at least we got superb effort and a fun game to watch. Not being a snob and assuming titles are my right as a fan, what else could we hope for?

slim
12-31-2017, 09:08 PM
Good Lord.

UnderArmour
12-31-2017, 09:21 PM
Good Lord.

Exactly right. Vance Joseph managed to embarrass this organization one last time with his end of half BS and half his team in the locker room already, and the ultimate piss take was Isiah McKenzie back to return the damn punt. And there's more: Isiah McKenzie failed to back up to "make something happen" when there was nothing on the line, even though the week before he pushed a ball back in bounds to make something happen. This thread is embarrassing and this team is embarrassing and how anyone can sit here and see any kind of positive from that complete joke of a game losing to the second team of Chiefs while they confirmed they have a franchise QB better than Smith or any loser on our roster is laughable.

Black hole this thread please. This thread and franchise are a joke until this loser is fired.

Ground Control
12-31-2017, 09:26 PM
Good Lord.

Trying to stay positive during a season of pain but if you want to battle, fine.

Privilege much? Do you live in a city that has won every SB for the last 20 years? If not, grow the f' up and realize we have to find the good in the s'storm we have witnessed this season. As for the rest of us that don't crap negativity before, during, and after every meal, and maybe just want to watch good football and sport, we already lost, brother. Your infantile condescension won't help anyone but you feel better and I get the feeling you crapped out condescension even after we won the SB. Anything else to offer, or are you a one track train wreck?

Rather than dragging things deeper into the muck, what positives do you see from this season? For the draft? From the last game? For FA?

chazoe60
12-31-2017, 09:28 PM
I'm super stoked that we lost. I truly am. Winning would have been a disaster.

UnderArmour
12-31-2017, 09:29 PM
Trying to stay positive during a season of pain but if you want to battle, fine.

Privilege much? Do you live in a city that has won every SB for the last 20 years? If not, grow the f' up and realize we have to find the good in the s'storm we have witnessed this season. As for the rest of us that don't crap negativity before, during, and after every meal, and maybe just want to watch good football and sport, we already lost, brother. Your infantile condescension won't help anyone but you feel better and I get the feeling you crapped out condescension even after we won the SB. Anything else to offer, or are you a one track train wreck?

Rather than dragging things deeper into the muck, what positives do you see from this season? For the draft? From the last game? For FA?

There's nothing positive. Nothing. I sat through 4-12 and I sat through this shit show of a season.

You play to win the damn game. Don't play your little fake cards on me. I've stuck through this franchise through thick-and-thin, and we're not the damn Browns. 4-12, 7-9, 8-8, even 9-7 aren't good enough for us. If you don't respect the quest for the trophy, then find a new team. Super Bowl ever year or go down in pursuit of it, and this team was nowhere near it in heart in talent, or in effort.

Find a new franchise if you're okay with losing. That's not us. You need to grow up.

Ground Control
12-31-2017, 09:37 PM
Exactly right. Vance Joseph managed to embarrass this organization one last time with his end of half BS and half his team in the locker room already, and the ultimate piss take was Isiah McKenzie back to return the damn punt. And there's more: Isiah McKenzie failed to back up to "make something happen" when there was nothing on the line, even though the week before he pushed a ball back in bounds to make something happen. This thread is embarrassing and this team is embarrassing and how anyone can sit here and see any kind of positive from that complete joke of a game losing to the second team of Chiefs while they confirmed they have a franchise QB better than Smith or any loser on our roster is laughable.

Black hole this thread please. This thread and franchise are a joke until this loser is fired.

Another good thing came from this game. You are absolutely not a fan of the Broncos. You can't be anything but a troll dwelling under bridges, looking for the next baby to kill. Or, at best, a person that is much better of moving every year to the next SB champion's home city. You'll be much better of there, pecking at statues of your betters that lived out their dreams, rather than degrading into a lesser-than....almost/ maybe that haunts the internet, pouncing at every chance to get back at the world for all the perceived wrongs you've suffered.

Is it laughable to look for something good out of a season that is already lost? If so, laugh all night long, troll. Joseph, and the rest of the team were playing at football. Because the season is lost. They were playing with possibilities that might make a difference next year. Should they suddenly become the team and coach they are not? Should they lay down and suck some print out of your very tiny manhood and suckle it, while chanting "UnderArmour! UnderArmour! How we with we could have been you, and lived in England where they spell armor with a u!"

If that is laughable, all good. I'm OK with failure as a fan. I don't expect success, but I am really happy when it comes. And am all the better off for the human stories that get played out while reaching for it.

You know...sports.

UnderArmour
12-31-2017, 09:44 PM
Another good thing came from this game. You are absolutely not a fan of the Broncos. You can't be anything but a troll dwelling under bridges, looking for the next baby to kill. Or, at best, a person that is much better of moving every year to the next SB champion's home city. You'll be much better of there, pecking at statues of your betters that lived out their dreams, rather than degrading into a lesser-than....almost/ maybe that haunts the internet, pouncing at every chance to get back at the world for all the perceived wrongs you've suffered.

Is it laughable to look for something good out of a season that is already lost? If so, laugh all night long, troll. Joseph, and the rest of the team were playing at football. Because the season is lost. They were playing with possibilities that might make a difference next year. Should they suddenly become the team and coach they are not? Should they lay down and suck some print out of your very tiny manhood and suckle it, while chanting "UnderArmour! UnderArmour! How we with we could have been you, and lived in England where they spell armor with a u!"

If that is laughable, all good. I'm OK with failure as a fan. I don't expect success, but I am really happy when it comes. And am all the better off for the human stories that get played out while reaching for it.

You know...sports.

The only thing laughable was this damn team on the field and the pathetic attempts to coach and motivate them this season. 8 game losing streak has not happened since 1967. Happened under "leader of men" Vance Joseph. I'm not okay with failure as an individual or as a fan. Vance Joseph embarrassed the organization at half time today with the 3 time outs (it was poor sportsmanship) only to put Isiah McKenzie in the back.

By the way, UnderArmour is the official name of the brand. By the way, my join date is 2007 (when these were created) and I've been with this franchise since I was 7 years old. Not really going to take your knocks seriously when you just post 2-3 inane threads a day and expect people to take you seriously. The Broncos win, anything less is unacceptable, and I'm sorry you're not used to it..

slim
12-31-2017, 09:47 PM

Stop posting.

Ground Control
12-31-2017, 09:49 PM
There's nothing positive. Nothing. I sat through 4-12 and I sat through this shit show of a season.

You play to win the damn game. Don't play your little fake cards on me. I've stuck through this franchise through thick-and-thin, and we're not the damn Browns. 4-12, 7-9, 8-8, even 9-7 aren't good enough for us. If you don't respect the quest for the trophy, then find a new team. Super Bowl ever year or go down in pursuit of it, and this team was nowhere near it in heart in talent, or in effort.

Find a new franchise if you're okay with losing. That's not us. You need to grow up.

Grrr. Grrr.

'We'.

Funny.

I totally acquiesce if you played on the Broncos. Since then, you would have actually contributed something, outside of rants about who 'we' are and who 'we' are not.

If not, 'We' are anyone that cares. Fake cards and all. I take back my last post that said you are not a fan. That's BS, and I'm sorry. I just think 'holy crap, man', please....please...relax and enjoy the game. It is a game and you gave nothing, I have given nothing, outside of a pre-determined amount of money, time, and hope to support the Broncos. Anyone that pretends otherwise, is playing fake cards. If you can't settle for less than championships, maybe find a situation where you are in control and go with that. Win or lose, you're in control. Again, I'm not calling into question your devotion to watching the team through thick and thin.

Just saying, do you get more out of winning or losing? So far, losing seems to offer you way more opportunities to be yourself than winning might. 'Course, I'm new to the board. I haven't seen how gracious you are when the Broncos kick ass....

Ground Control
12-31-2017, 09:53 PM
Stop posting.

Excellent response. Well said from the 'time-out' corner. Any adults online?

BroncoWave
12-31-2017, 09:54 PM
Grrr. Grrr.

'We'.

Funny.

I totally acquiesce if you played on the Broncos. Since then, you would have actually contributed something, outside of rants about who 'we' are and who 'we' are not.

If not, 'We' are anyone that cares. Fake cards and all. I take back my last post that said you are not a fan. That's BS, and I'm sorry. I just think 'holy crap, man', please....please...relax and enjoy the game. It is a game and you gave nothing, I have given nothing, outside of a pre-determined amount of money, time, and hope to support the Broncos. Anyone that pretends otherwise, is playing fake cards. If you can't settle for less than championships, maybe find a situation where you are in control and go with that. Win or lose, you're in control. Again, I'm not calling into question your devotion to watching the team through thick and thin.

Just saying, do you get more out of winning or losing? So far, losing seems to offer you way more opportunities to be yourself than winning might. 'Course, I'm new to the board. I haven't seen how gracious you are when the Broncos kick ass....

Dude, don't be one of those pedantic ass holes who points out to people who use "we" that they don't play for the team. Yes, we're all well aware we don't play for the team. Doesn't mean we can't call the sports team we associate with "we".

slim
12-31-2017, 09:55 PM
Excellent response. Well said from the 'time-out' corner. Any adults online?

Your mom is, and she is freaky.

Ground Control
12-31-2017, 09:57 PM
Dude, don't be one of those pedantic ass holes who points out to people who use "we" that they don't play for the team. Yes, we're all well aware we don't play for the team. Doesn't mean we can't call the sports team we associate with "we".

K, fair enough. I really only meant it in the terms of a DB who has nothing but vitriol to offer, when some of 'we' are trying to enjoy what we can this season, and hoping to interact with others of the same mind.

Well said.

Ground Control
12-31-2017, 09:58 PM
Your mom is, and she is freaky.

LOL.

Better. Much better.

PatriotsGuy
12-31-2017, 09:59 PM
Cool thread

slim
12-31-2017, 10:02 PM
Cool thread

This game was awesome. Just like the 15 that preceded it.

UnderArmour
12-31-2017, 10:03 PM
Grrr. Grrr.

'We'.

Funny.

Enjoy what exactly? Are you serious? I'll relax when Elway fires this joke of a head coach and restores this franchise to respectability. This franchise has had only 5 losing seasons since 1983. 1999 was okay, because Elway retired post-Super Bowl hangover whatever. McDumbass got fired for 4-12. VJ should be fired for 5-11.

This franchise has only won rings through free agency and respect around the league. Yeah, Von Miller was a result of the McDaniels tanking, but the other "top" picks from that time in Rahim Moore, Orlando Franklin were gone. The advantage of having a higher 3rd-7th round pick might be okay, sure, but the only high pick from tanking that really won us anything was Von. Otherwise, it's the fact that our organization is respectable. It's that respect that drew guys like Manning, Ware, Stewart, TJ Ward, Vasquez, Talib, Sanders, etc. to the franchise in the first place. I have no doubt Elway nails this draft out of the park, but you're misunderstanding things completely.

I follow the team near religiously, so the "we" is more of an emotional investment than anything. No shit, ofc I don't play for the Broncos. I refer to them as "we" because I put so many hours into following this franchise, and it's common nomenclature among fans of any organization to so do...

Ground Control
12-31-2017, 10:03 PM
Cool thread

Why the hell not, right?

UnderArmour
12-31-2017, 10:06 PM
Why the hell not, right?

You still put up better threads than Vance Joseph puts up coaching efforts. But, given the way the season turned out, that's not really saying anything.

Ground Control
12-31-2017, 10:06 PM
This game was awesome. Just like the 15 that preceded it.

Nope. It was the last game this season, so it was not like the 15 before it. That is good. If not for that, I wouldn't have posted this, since...yeah. We all suffered through this season.

dogfish
12-31-2017, 10:07 PM
alright, errbody have a drink and cool out. . . happy new year, bitches!

:beer:

i didn't take that much positive from today, but it was nice to finally see henderson. . . that kid looks like he's got a bright future. . . i would ask CJ to renegotiate, and draft another fast back to replace charles. . .

slim
12-31-2017, 10:07 PM
Viva la VJ!

Ground Control
12-31-2017, 10:08 PM
You still put up better threads than Vance Joseph puts up coaching efforts. But, given the way the season turned out, that's not really saying anything.

F' yes! Best response ever. You're winning me over, 'UnderArmourWonderDog'.

slim
12-31-2017, 10:10 PM

i didn't take that much positive from today, but it was nice to finally see henderson. . . that kid looks like he's got a bright future. . . i would ask CJ to renegotiate, and draft another fast back to replace charles. . .

Not if VJ is back. That clown will probably cut Henderson.

chazoe60
12-31-2017, 10:12 PM
Not if VJ is back. That clown will probably cut Henderson.

VJ doesn't cut anyone, that's all Elway. It's a big reason why I don't think we'll have a great coach here for the foreseeable future.

Ground Control
12-31-2017, 10:13 PM

I'm guessing drinks are already being had (positive, on this end). I love CJ and hope he's back next year but I think we may just have better versions of him in Booker and Henderson. If he renegotiates, all for the best but he might just deserve to move on to a team where he can get a hurricane of carries and really show his stuff. All said, I'm OK with anything that happens in the backfield next year. We really can't lose there.

UnderArmour
12-31-2017, 10:14 PM
VJ doesn't cut anyone, that's all Elway. It's a big reason why I don't think we'll have a great coach here for the foreseeable future.

I think Elway and his soon-to-be-official right-hand-man Kubiak have a stellar replacement in store. Can't be any worse.

Ground Control
12-31-2017, 10:15 PM

Yeah, he has to step up and take on Elway's ego. Elway has to also step down a notch and quash his ego. Not so likely for both of those to happen. Here's to hopes and dreams in 2018, m'f'ers!

slim
12-31-2017, 10:18 PM

VJ can't even cut his own bagel!

No sharp objects are allowed.

PatriotsGuy
12-31-2017, 10:20 PM

I'm drinking champagne and eating mystery flavor gummy bears, does it get any more chill than that?

slim
12-31-2017, 10:20 PM
I'm drinking champagne and eating mystery flavor gummy bears, does it get any more chill than that?

Shut up, richey rich.

PatriotsGuy
12-31-2017, 10:22 PM
Shut up, richey rich.

It's Richie, dummy!

slim
12-31-2017, 10:22 PM
It's Richie, dummy!

I said shut up!!

PatriotsGuy
12-31-2017, 10:28 PM
I said shut up!!

I just dispatched my butler to retrieve some salt and vinegar chips for me, truly the King of potato chips!

slim
12-31-2017, 10:29 PM
I just dispatched my butler to retrieve some salt and vinegar chips for me, truly the King of potato chips!

Oh man, that would hit the spot. I just checked and all we have are cheetos!!

Ground Control
12-31-2017, 10:35 PM
The only thing laughable was this damn team on the field and the pathetic attempts to coach and motivate them this season. 8 game losing streak has not happened since 1967. Happened under "leader of men" Vance Joseph. I'm not okay with failure as an individual or as a fan. Vance Joseph embarrassed the organization at half time today with the 3 time outs (it was poor sportsmanship) only to put Isiah McKenzie in the back.

By the way, UnderArmour is the official name of the brand. By the way, my join date is 2007 (when these were created) and I've been with this franchise since I was 7 years old. Not really going to take your knocks seriously when you just post 2-3 inane threads a day and expect people to take you seriously. The Broncos win, anything less is unacceptable, and I'm sorry you're not used to it..

Respect. I've only lived in Denver since '97. Been watching them since then (Miami and Marino is far, far away) but just fully committed about 6 years ago. Can't stand up to your creds but I'm not sure creds make your rants any more valid than mine, since I have been a fan of sports since about 7, also. Anyway, I disagree that only winning matters. I want them to win the SB as much as you. I just think there's more to offer this forum than negatives. I went overboard on the feel-good this post but maybe I wanted to brawl, 'cause it sucked losing 11. Just hoping someone sees more than crap in the Broncos for next season. Otherwise, it suuuure is gonna suck being a fan.

I expect the Broncos to win next year. I expect Elway to move past himself and make the right choices, including not making all the choices. I will watch every damn game and listen to 760 every damn day during the off-season. I'll cringe like a little bitch if Elway signs Tyrod Taylor, or some other clown. Or, if he drafts Allen, or some other Osweiller/ Lynch wannabe. Just hoping to find some positives at the end of a very f'ing painful season. So, f' you UnderArmourFlyingDogMan.

Ground Control
12-31-2017, 11:08 PM
K, truth is I think Joseph sucks. I just like to think a little deeper and wonder if I would have thought the same about Belichik during his first year. Or, Parcells. Walsh? Not saying he's on that level at all. Just saying, HOLY F'ING CRAP! The last time a coach won the SB without a star QB is 30 years ago, with Doug Williams. A year that scrubs played 3 games across the league.

We have no idea what Joseph is, outside of truthful and and a yes man, without seeing him coach a superstar QB. I lean towards him being a failure but I have way less clue than the 32 owners and front office heads that continuously make the wrong/ right choices every year in the NFL. How many coaches will lose their job tomorrow? How many coaches are going to the playoffs after being written off (or, at least turned their teams around)? Did we make every call correctly on those guys?

slim
12-31-2017, 11:12 PM
Good point. Let's hamstring ourselves just in case he is the one in a million.

Ground Control
12-31-2017, 11:20 PM
Good point. Let's hamstring ourselves just in case he is the one in a million.

What's a viable alternative? Could anyone do better with the QBs Elway gave Joseph? Kubiak was good but he isn't an option. Kubiak (and me) liked Siemian. He's the reason we dealt with Siemian the last two years. Kubiak won us the SB. How does that compute in your equation of what a winning coach is? To me, it fits right in with the fact that no coach has any hope of being great without a great QB to ride.

Kyle S. was an option but Elway can't handle a man that might stand up to him. Lots more to look at besides them but what would be the coach you would choose...that we could get...and that Elway would hire...and that wouldn't get dumped next year...or leave, because Elway is a dick. Serious question...

P.S. 3 turnovers from Paxton Lynch. VJs fault still?

MOtorboat
01-01-2018, 12:31 AM

Gummy bears. WTF?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-01-2018, 12:35 AM
Oh man, that would hit the spot. I just checked and all we have are cheetos!!
Cheetos are a poor mans caviar.

PatriotsGuy
01-01-2018, 12:37 AM
Gummy bears. WTF?

Uh, I love gummy bears?

Ground Control
01-01-2018, 12:40 AM
Gummy bears. WTF?

It's the graphic on the acid paper. Happy trips, PatriotsGuy.

MOtorboat
01-01-2018, 12:40 AM
Uh, I love gummy bears?

Well, I’m sorry. It just didn’t seem to fit.

Was the caviar gone? Maybe the beef tartar got all eaten earlier?

Ground Control
01-01-2018, 12:45 AM
Cheetos are a poor mans caviar.

Caviar is a poor man's caviar: 'Roe (/roʊ/) or hard roe is the fully ripe internal egg masses in the ovaries, or the released external egg masses of fish and certain marine animals, such as shrimp, scallop and sea urchins'. Maybe we should be glad we are left with Cheetos, when the alternative is 'ripe, internal egg masses' and such?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-01-2018, 12:47 AM
Caviar is a poor man's caviar: 'Roe (/roʊ/) or hard roe is the fully ripe internal egg masses in the ovaries, or the released external egg masses of fish and certain marine animals, such as shrimp, scallop and sea urchins'. Maybe we should be glad we are left with Cheetos, when the alternative is 'ripe, internal egg masses and such?
I was hungry until I read this. I guess I should thank you since I shouldn’t be eating at this hour

Ground Control
01-01-2018, 12:51 AM
I was hungry until I read this. I guess I should thank you since I shouldn’t be eating at this hour

Cheetos. Best we stick with Cheetos.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-01-2018, 12:52 AM
Cheetos. Best we stick with Cheetos.

I want Cheetos, a cheeseburger too.

Hawgdriver
01-01-2018, 03:17 AM
Gummy bears. WTF?

I had some gummy bears tonight. I didn't even coordinate this with PAGs. We just know how to live life.

MOtorboat
01-01-2018, 03:33 AM
I had some gummy bears tonight. I didn't even coordinate this with PAGs. We just know how to live life.

We need to discuss this in the lounge. I’m not down with the consistency.

Valar Morghulis
01-01-2018, 06:33 AM
Hey Ground Control,

I sorta get what you mean - we did not get beat in a blow out, and that makes losing more palatable.

Henderson looked good and CJ got a nice personal record.

But............................................... .... we were playing a bunch of back ups, a first time starter at qb and we were at home.

I don't expect us to win the superbowl every year for 20 years in a row like you said, but i do not expect our season to be so bad that a getting beat at home by a bunch of back ups with the last kick of the ball seems palatable.

We have sucked ass this year - apart from some big time **** ups, our defense was still good enough to ride into the play offs.

We are two years removed from a superbowl - lost a HoF QB, 2 leaders on defense, and all world DC and failed to fix our offensive line and all this with a first time HC and 3 average QBs, so i can totally accept a down year - BUT the lack of heart this team played with on mulitple blow out losses was disgusting. It was like watching the indianapolis play off loss on repeat. kicking and screaming - not so much.

You say "we" as in only players can say that. I am not a rich man, but i spend a large part of my disposable income on supporting this franchise, be it through online subscriptions to watch games, buying jerseys or travelling to a game (albeit only one, but it cost a ******* fortune), i am very much invested in this organisation, both emotionally and through my financial choices - you better believe the term "we" is appropriate as if there was no random man investing time and money in the Broncos - there would be no Broncos.

So in summary, i see your initial post, i can sort of get on board with it on a superficial level, but i don't think it stands up under closer scrutiny.

ShaneFalco
01-01-2018, 06:41 AM
i like the OP positivity.

Just not his name. "Ground Control". Something Denver fans used to pretend the D was the same.

It signifies everything wrong that happened with this season. Its when VJ got a big head, and started rubbing his dick on Cheerleaders again.

Going from a Great Pass Defense into a Run Defense in a passing league. Forgetting to pressure QB, etc.

ShaneFalco
01-01-2018, 06:50 AM
ill come out up with badass name for you dude. dont stay as ground control.... kk thx!

or you can tell me to **** off kindly.

I duno im intoxicated

Ground Control
01-01-2018, 07:05 AM
Hey Ground Control,

I sorta get what you mean - we did not get beat in a blow out, and that makes losing more palatable.

Henderson looked good and CJ got a nice personal record.

But............................................... .... we were playing a bunch of back ups, a first time starter at qb and we were at home.

I don't expect us to win the superbowl every year for 20 years in a row like you said, but i do not expect our season to be so bad that a getting beat at home by a bunch of back ups with the last kick of the ball seems palatable.

We have sucked ass this year - apart from some big time **** ups, our defense was still good enough to ride into the play offs.

We are two years removed from a superbowl - lost a HoF QB, 2 leaders on defense, and all world DC and failed to fix our offensive line and all this with a first time HC and 3 average QBs, so i can totally accept a down year - BUT the lack of heart this team played with on mulitple blow out losses was disgusting. It was like watching the indianapolis play off loss on repeat. kicking and screaming - not so much.

You say "we" as in only players can say that. I am not a rich man, but i spend a large part of my disposable income on supporting this franchise, be it through online subscriptions to watch games, buying jerseys or travelling to a game (albeit only one, but it cost a ******* fortune), i am very much invested in this organisation, both emotionally and through my financial choices - you better believe the term "we" is appropriate as if there was no random man investing time and money in the Broncos - there would be no Broncos.

So in summary, i see your initial post, i can sort of get on board with it on a superficial level, but i don't think it stands up under closer scrutiny.

Yeah, regretted the 'we' thing, as said in prior responses. We are we. Nothing more to be said on that, other than I was wrong.

For the rest, it's all been so painful, I don't think to be a cheerleader but there's been enough observations on the failures. I'm not trying to pretend they don't exist, I'm just looking at what we have that we can salvage for next year. I haven't seen any posts on that, so I thought I would offer one up. Plus, battle some trolls and find the folks beneath the rough exterior, just for fun.

We have an OK O-line, after a very hard year. Right tackle needed BADLY. An extra guard needed almost equally. Otherwise, some men have grown into warriors this year and I don't think we're that bad off, considering O-line is a problem for the entirety of the league. Everything else you said is true. Not trying to gloss over those things. In fact, f' Elway. He damn well better grow up and realize he's not up to the task of running this team without help. All of your very realistic observations revolve around him.

Except for the heart thing. That's all on the players...and VJ. I give him a pass because of the Elway handicap but next year he better be more than a cheerleader. He's been OK on game decisions but that has to improve. The heart, and lack of it is what gets me most as well. It's sad that we have nothing but backup battles to give us something to be hopeful about but after a season of absolute failure, why the hell not?

That heart, tho...

Speaking of hope, let's hope every player that gave no heart towards the end of the year is not with us next year.

Ground Control
01-01-2018, 07:19 AM
i like the OP positivity.

Just not his name. "Ground Control". Something Denver fans used to pretend the D was the same.

It signifies everything wrong that happened with this season. Its when VJ got a big head, and started rubbing his dick on Cheerleaders again.

Going from a Great Pass Defense into a Run Defense in a passing league. Forgetting to pressure QB, etc.

Was hopeful about the rush defense to start but it's not crazy. Leading in rush defense this year. Stopping the run doesn't mean forgetting to rush the QB. We've been strong at that also but if we we fail on any given day, it's not because of Ground Control, SF.

I totally forgot about the dick rubbing. He's gotten a huge beat down, proper-like, but the dick rubbing is another matter. Totally forgot about that and he should burn, if proven true. Why isn't that a thing?

But yeah, I admit to taking the name when it had it's 2 seconds of fame. Or lack of. It'll stick though, unless better is offered. 'Darth Observus' just doesn't do it.

Ground Control
01-01-2018, 07:21 AM
ill come out up with badass name for you dude. dont stay as ground control.... kk thx!

or you can tell me to **** off kindly.

I duno im intoxicated

Kelly.

Never forget.