PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos’ 2018 free agents

Denver Native (Carol)
12-28-2017, 08:52 PM
Beginning March 12, 2018, at 2 p.m. MT, teams can begin to negotiate with free agents but cannot sign any player until March 14 at 2 p.m. MT, the official start of the new league year. Below are the Broncos’ 2018 free agents, along with their position and age.

Unrestricted Free Agents

Unrestricted free agents have at least four accrued seasons (six or more regular-season games each) with a team and are free to sign with any team when the new league year begins.

rest - https://www.denverpost.com/2017/12/28/denver-broncos-2018-free-agents/

FanInAZ
12-29-2017, 12:00 AM
The biggest name I saw on the list is OZ, who isn't that big, as well as Charles who thinks he's bigger then most people say his is.

Rick
12-29-2017, 01:01 AM
I would re-sign Paradis, Lattimer, Taylor, Shelby Harris.

I would love to re-sign Barrett but believe he may be priced out of our market for a backup. He should get starter money somewhere.

IF dirt cheap: Davis and Green (Blocker).

VonDoom
12-29-2017, 09:53 AM
I would re-sign Paradis, Lattimer, Taylor, Shelby Harris.

I would love to re-sign Barrett but believe he may be priced out of our market for a backup. He should get starter money somewhere.

IF dirt cheap: Davis and Green (Blocker).

Barrett and Paradis are our biggest FA right now and they’re both RFA. We should be able to keep them around if we tender them correctly

Rick
12-29-2017, 10:21 AM
RFA the player still gets an offer sheet from other teams, I think? But we have the right to match?

Paradis I would assume we will make sure doesn't get away, but if someone came in and offered a large contract to Barrett? Not sure we could do that.

Maybe the draft pick compensation will steer teams away.

VonDoom
12-29-2017, 02:17 PM
If we tender a guy with say, the second round tender, a team has to give up a second rounder if they sign him. This rarely happens, unless we go cheap like we did with CJ

Rick
12-29-2017, 02:19 PM
IMO Barrett is probably worth giving a second rounder up for.

Ground Control
12-29-2017, 10:55 PM
Latimer, Crick, Davis, Barrett, Paradis, Taylor, Anderson, Harris (F yeah!), Peko (ditto).

Green is a great blocker but we need all purpose threats at TE. Huerman seems a better weapon but I'd be happy to keep Green instead. Heard good things about Winn before his injury, so I'm ignorant there. Fowler seemed to clown this year, while Latimer surged while playing his usual role as ST badass.

How can you ever so no to Taylor? He offers so much while receiving so few calls his way. Paradis got punked a couple of times but who doesn't? He's our anchor. Zaire is a gamer. Harris is a killer for us. No words needed for Peko. Barrett shined early on but is probably trade bait/ salary fodder. We might lose a potential QB punisher in him but he's far from guaranteed.