PDA

View Full Version : A Chistmas Dream.

Shazam!
12-24-2017, 10:33 AM
Adam Schefter is reporting that the Packers violated League rules by placing Aaron Rodgers on IR without a new injury disclosure. Players who are illegally shuffled to IR are to be released and become FA.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21863467/teams-complain-nfl-green-bay-packers-violated-ir-rule-think-aaron-rodgers-released

Team reps have contacted Goodell and complained that GB is getting special treatment and they should release Rodgers, who is in the last year of his deal.

One could wish for a gift from Santa... or John...

I'm dreaming. I know.

Rick
12-24-2017, 10:40 AM
Like this technicality would matter. Rodgers would instantly re-sign with GB.

dogfish
12-24-2017, 10:49 AM
Like this technicality would matter. Rodgers would instantly re-sign with GB.

if we're dreaming, may as well go big i guess. . . it's no more far-fetched than drew brees or andrew luck. . .

Northman
12-24-2017, 10:55 AM
Lol, that would be a huge FU to GB if Rodgers decided to go elsewhere but i dont see it happening.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-24-2017, 04:35 PM
Remember, Rodgers wouldn’t get to just re-sign with Green Bay. He wouldn’t be a true UFA for the first 24 hrs. He’d have to clear waivers meaning Cleveland would have first shot at him. In short, he’d be a Brown because they’d gladly pick up his contract to own his rights.

Shit would be hysterical if it happened but it won’t. The league will not enforce the rule on this and won’t force the Packers’ hand. Worst case is Green Bay gets fined or something over breaking the rules.