PDA

View Full Version : Please, anything but Lynch.

Ground Control
12-22-2017, 07:14 PM
This post is based on the premise that we understand that we don't have next year's starter on our team (unless Osweiller and Musgrave make Super-FB-Mojo happen for Brock, though unholy lovemaking)...

First, a couple of thoughts on the other guys:

Chad Kelly has all the makings of a badass NFL starter. He can't be 'one' next year but I hope we don't toss him to the side. When he is healthy, and assuming he doesn't f'up off the field, as he did in college, he can be the guy. Or, at least a great backup to the guy until we can trade him for future picks.

I liked Siemian and still believe he will be a rock solid backup, and maybe even starter, given the chance to develop. Just won't happen here.

Osweiller should be the backup next year, if we grab a superstar to captain the ship next season; He's a vet that's shown the most success at the helm this year and will back said superstar-to-be-named, while help in the development of Kelly, or any other youngster that Elway deems worthy to be developed. Osweiller should be the backup if we draft a franchise QB next year; He will absolutely be a better mentor, coach, and support structure for said unknown rookie than the 'other' guy to be drafted in the first round but failed to earn the job...and whines like a hungry baby assuming he deserves milk...and can't hope to train, let alone support anyone coming in to take the job he assumed was his.

On to the main beef:

Holy shit! Please don't tell me we might be stuck with Lynch next year. He has shown nothing but failure and complete lack of composure. He got beat out, rightfully, by the guy that became a twitching, ghost-seeing, mess on the field...because Lynch showed nothing but incompetence during the preseason.

Most critical: He showed no composure or leadership, nor ability to handle adversity, when he lost the starting job...or during anytime he's been on the field...or at any interview. He cried like a broken, tiny, infant when he hurt his ankle against the Raiders and stood alone on the sidelines - because of his inherent immaturity, since who wants to babysit a grown man? I don't blame him for being human. Not at all. I would probably break down and whine like a toddler in that situation. But I (or you) have no chance of earning 2-3 million dollars next year as a professional NFL QB. A professional NFL QB needs way more fortitude than he can offer, regardless of his potential...period!

He's maybe not a bust. He can find the right environment to be a backup and maybe even to develop the fortitude and mental skills he needs to compete in this league, but it won't be here. To be fair, Elway completely douched Lynch and Siemian, particularly Lynch. He never had a chance in Denver. To be developed, he needed to be embraced. Maybe he never had the fortitude needed but that could have been learned while embracing him as well. We saw that with Siemian (who has it, but lost it in the maelstrom of ****up that Elway made of this season). Maybe he had the fortitude but never had the chance to have it become steeled under solid training, leadership, and experience.

Either way, Elway is a DB and failure at reading QB talent, outside of known players. But that's not so much reading, as it is seeing the obvious and having enough balls, sway, and ego to make deals happen. Completely different than judging QB talent, that. Elways failed by drafting Lynch and failed again, by not giving him the shot he believed he deserved when he drafted him.

And Lynch is a broken man-baby, with no future in Denver. Not that he deserves this fate, but it's over. Find some way to exit from his pay next year, and let him find the home he needs...or let him bow out and suckle on the teat of the millions he earned by being a metro-bro, college star-of-sorts. Investment and smarts will make him rich until he dies. Just, please...

...do...not...tell...me...he will be a Bronco next year!

Northman
12-22-2017, 07:17 PM
He's a bronco next year, he was a 3 year project when drafted.

Ground Control
12-22-2017, 07:41 PM
He's a bronco next year, he was a 3 year project when drafted.

I know...but...NOOOOOOOOO!

He was a 2-3 year project, according to Elway. He (non)developed into a 3 year project, via having no ability from the get-go. Or, complete incompetence on Elway's part to give him what he needed (on any level) to make it here. The 3rd year is not going to suddenly make a broken player that was cast off from the beginning, because he couldn't be Superman ...into Superman. Especially since he's still being fed nothing but kryptonite and indecision on a daily basis. The 'Lynch Project' will continue to sour the Broncos team-building until he is removed, IMO. It is currently souring the f' out of the locker room. They've had enough of it. Best to move on.

Not to say you are wrong, or that you think he deserves to be here next year (not sure where you stand, outside of recognizing reality). Just hoping that Elway and VJ see the obvious before another season gets tainted by the complete mishandling and failure of Paxton Lynch. Hoping to gain something out of a past 1rst round pick is not worth the damage that has been done so far, and still can be done if the higher ups don't pull their heads out of their asses.

: )

BroncoWave
12-22-2017, 08:59 PM
Moar threads.

Ground Control
12-22-2017, 09:05 PM
Moar threads.

? Opinion, please. I can post all day about how Lynch is a baby but still deserves better than the Broncos have given him but...

Timmy!
12-22-2017, 11:28 PM
Moar threads.

MMMOOOAaaaAaaaarrrrr THhrreeaaadsjsa11qq

Ground Control
12-23-2017, 02:05 AM
90% and VJ won't risk hurting his little baby? Or, Lynch doesn't want to play and face adversity? Most NFL players perform at about 60-90% health, when 'healthy'. No press meetings needed. Again, no insult to him as a human. I couldn't handle the stress he would have to deal with if he stepped up and became a 'real NFL QB' (ala, Von Miller), nor could anyone on this website. But if he wanted the test, he would launch his body at the opportunity.

Lynch doesn't want to fail again on a national stage. That's all there is to it. Let's give him what he wants and let him fade into the sunset. Again, he's a few million dollars ahead of most college graduates and has fame on his side. Just look at Tebow to see what that can do for a metro-fella with a lifestyle to feed.

Ground Control
12-23-2017, 03:21 AM
I'm slow but finally get it. I will definitely make moar threads, in the future. Thanks for the advice.

Always happy to give the clueless something to pay attention to. Poof! Look at the pretty lights.

Hopefully, this sight has more to offer than those that have nothing to offer but observations that have nothing to do with what this sight is supposedly about. Maybe one day, I'll post multiple threads on this subject. I'm sure you'll wake up enough to offer a troll's stab at having relevance then. As for now, stick to dwelling under bridges.

You couldn't have picked a better pic, btw. It's good to know one's self, so well played.

Ground Control
12-23-2017, 03:32 AM
I will obey from now on. Thanks for the worthless and thoughtless commands to act in exactly the manner that you deem worthy of a member of this site. Glad to know how to act! Yay for Broncowave! He's the shit. He defines the essence of forum etiquette. Without him, we would be left with our own way of seeing the world and how we interact with it. Go Broncowave! From now on, I will limit my posts to the absolute minimum, so that I don't give you any excuse to say anything at all. The world and Broncos Forum will be better for my adherence to your standards.

But if there weren't 'moar threads', why would you be here?

No worries, I won't try to tackle such issues. I'll just make the interwebs better by not doing anything that gives you a reason to play any role on this site. Thanks again for being you.

MOtorboat
12-23-2017, 03:38 AM
Suck it up and deal with Lynch.

:wave:

Ground Control
12-23-2017, 04:28 AM
Suck it up and deal with Lynch.

:wave:

I will if I have to. I have sucked up bunches so far this year. But his ankle isn't juuuust right. Or perfect, as a prima donna needs it to be...so, we might just have to suck it up and watch Osweiller play. Maybe when the circumstances are exactly perfect, we will all have to suck it up and deal with Lynch. Until then, a small bruise on his toe may keep him from showing us how awesome his first-rounderness is. Along the way, the actual Broncos that play every down and practice every day, will have to suffer under their management's failure to admit defeat on a bad choice - or, a horrible handling of a middling choice. Good to know we fans must suck it up. That sure helps out the extremely talented professionals that make the Broncos a great team.

I suppose they are whiners as well?

MOtorboat
12-23-2017, 04:31 AM
I will if I have to. I have sucked up bunches so far this year. But his ankle isn't juuuust right. Or perfect, as a prima donna needs it to be...so, we might just have to suck it up and watch Osweiller play. Maybe when the circumstances are exactly perfect, we will all have to suck it up and deal with Lynch. Until then, a small bruise on his toe may keep him from showing us how awesome his first-rounderness is. Along the way, the actual Broncos that play every down and practice every day, will have to suffer under their management's failure to admit defeat on a bad choice - or, a horrible handling of a middling choice. Good to know we fans must suck it up. That sure helps out the extremely talented professionals that make the Broncos a great team.

I suppose they are whiners as well?

It's my understanding he had an issue with his ankle, not turftoe. It's pretty hard to say that management is failing to admit defeat when they are playing him in a lost season as a second-year player in what will be his fifth start. If they're still dragging him along in year four of his rookie contract and trying to insert him as the starter and he's still failing, you might have a point. We're far from that threshold, though.

Ground Control
12-23-2017, 05:26 AM
I'm giving in to hyperbole about the toe thing. I think he is prone to letting small injuries get the better of him, since he is afraid of failure. Because he has shown nothing but failure. This is totally opinion, so take it with a shovel full of salt.

I do think that management has failed him and has only thought to 'see what he has to offer' after the fact that Siemian has busted this year. I do think that failure to see the obvious only applies since Osweiller is an option as backup next year. If they hadn't brought him in, there would be no option but to give Lynch more experience. I just don't see any world where Lynch has more to offer than Osweiller at this point. They are similar body types and while Lynch supposedly has more mobility, Osweiller has way more experience.

Otherwise, =our opinions are extremely insignificant in comparison to those of the Broncos. Despite PR offerings, there has never been any doubt what his teammates have felt bout Lynch. They chose Siemian from the get-go and have embraced Osweiller whenever he has played. He's a leader. Far from a great QB but a leader. I have yet to hear any opinion about Lynch from any Broncos that is anything but 'we'll play under any QB'. I've never heard them embrace Lynch. Because he is un-embraceable.

The only reason to keep Lynch next year is a very reasonable refusal to suck up his 2-somthing million dollar contract without at least using him as a backup next year. Not exactly a resounding backing but it makes business sense.

Ground Control
12-24-2017, 03:59 PM
Can I take it back about Osweiller?

: )

Well, It's actually good to see him play today. At least I can sleep knowing that he's not the guy to be the backup next year.

We'll see Lynch next week, if nothing else it's what the managers want, so it is what it is. It's obvious he shouldn't be the backup either. Maybe draft the backup and grab a vet to lead the team and train the rookie? Who knows? It's just been painful as hell being a fan this year.

silkamilkamonico
12-24-2017, 05:20 PM
Lynch is still hurt from a lazy pocket rollout non contact short throw like 4weeks ago. That glass gina will not play more than 3weeks in a row, ever.