PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Film Room: How Brock Osweiler had the best game of his career

ChairmanBron
12-20-2017, 12:37 PM
Thrust into the fire as Trevor Siemian went down in Thursday night’s game against the Indianapolis Colts, Brock Osweiler played maybe his best game. Ever.

As the Denver Broncos figure out Paxton Lynch’s health and who to start behind center as the season comes to an end, Osweiler simply balled out.

He played loose and in control, the kind of performance the Broncos have been looking for out of their quarterback all season.

Which is why we went back to watch Brock’s 20 snaps—17 passes and three runs—to see what this can mean going forward in an uncertain Broncos quarterback room. A room that needs to be sorted through regardless of who starts in the final two regular-season games, as everything will be in play come the 2018 offseason.

Given all that, we couldn’t hold back, analyzing Osweiler this week was a must as he made his case.

Rest here - http://bsndenver.com/broncos-film-room-how-brock-osweiler-had-the-best-game-of-his-career/

ChairmanBron
12-20-2017, 12:38 PM
Granted it's the Colts, but Brock has continued to grow immensely. He has worked hard on his mechanics and with a less complicated Bill Musgrave offense, he was decisive.
I tend to believe the potential is there and he is still able to continue to improve himself. Which makes me OK with him being QB1 next year with a Bill Musgrave offense... Even if we draft a QB in the first round.

topscribe
12-20-2017, 12:47 PM
Rest here - http://bsndenver.com/broncos-film-room-how-brock-osweiler-had-the-best-game-of-his-career/
"Denver’s offense and more specifically the line played their best game of the year, or at
least the last 10 weeks, and they were much better because of Brock."

Very telling.

Northman
12-20-2017, 01:19 PM
I think if Brock was going to be retained or in consideration as a starter he would be finishing out the year. I highly doubt he will be the starter going into next season if on the team at all.

Shazam!
12-20-2017, 01:23 PM
The playcalling in the last two games was completely different and supported a suspect OLine (better with McGovern) and QB. Its amazing the changes in playcalling and personnel. If they had done this 8 weeks ago the results would have been much different.

Cugel
12-20-2017, 03:38 PM
Granted it's the Colts, but Brock has continued to grow immensely. He has worked hard on his mechanics and with a less complicated Bill Musgrave offense, he was decisive.
I tend to believe the potential is there and he is still able to continue to improve himself. Which makes me OK with him being QB1 next year with a Bill Musgrave offense... Even if we draft a QB in the first round.

That is certainly a possibility. Cut Trevor, sign Brock to a 2 year deal for backup money (is there some other team that will be competing with the Broncos to sign him?). Draft a QB in the top 10. Put in Brock until the rookie is ready. Keep Paxton or Chad Kelly as the scout team #3 QB.

This will save them about $15-20m a year over signing a FA veteran QB. And that would allow them to keep Talib and Sanders if they wanted. They would still probably cut CJ but they could possibly keep DT rather than trying to trade him. They also need to re-sign Bradley Roby to a long-term deal as well as he's making $8.5m next year and that's his final year.

So, they are looking to save $ somewhere, and DT, Sanders, Aqib and CJ are the top $ earners other than Von Miller who of course is going nowhere.

Cugel
12-20-2017, 03:40 PM
The playcalling in the last two games was completely different and supported a suspect OLine (better with McGovern) and QB. Its amazing the changes in playcalling and personnel. If they had done this 8 weeks ago the results would have been much different.

Well, they went with a vanilla offense designed to Denver's limited talent at OL and QB, but you aren't beating teams like the Patriots or Eagles with that kind of garbage. If you don't beat yourself with penalties and turnovers, they could of course have beaten the Giants and Bengals.

ChairmanBron
12-20-2017, 04:06 PM
That is certainly a possibility. Cut Trevor, sign Brock to a 2 year deal for backup money (is there some other team that will be competing with the Broncos to sign him?). Draft a QB in the top 10. Put in Brock until the rookie is ready. Keep Paxton or Chad Kelly as the scout team #3 QB.

This will save them about $15-20m a year over signing a FA veteran QB. And that would allow them to keep Talib and Sanders if they wanted. They would still probably cut CJ but they could possibly keep DT rather than trying to trade him. They also need to re-sign Bradley Roby to a long-term deal as well as he's making $8.5m next year and that's his final year.

So, they are looking to save $ somewhere, and DT, Sanders, Aqib and CJ are the top $ earners other than Von Miller who of course is going nowhere.

I am down with this idea. Save money and sign him, name Brock starter going to the off season and let him stave off any 1st round draft pick QB, Lynch and Kelly during his 2 year contract period.

But really, I think they need to draft a RT with the 1st round draft pick.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-20-2017, 04:20 PM

You mean, if they fired McCoy when we were .500?

Freyaka
12-20-2017, 04:20 PM

I wouldn't complain about it. I just want to make the playoffs and be there when it counts next year. I don't know that Brock is capable of that, but he looked good this week.