PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes - week 16 (Redskins week)

VonDoom
12-18-2017, 12:18 PM
Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 29m29 minutes ago

A chance the Broncos DON'T announce their starting quarterback for Sunday. Vance Joseph may want to see Paxton Lynch practice Wednesday and confer with the training staff on where he is physically after his ankle sprain.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 28m28 minutes ago

Broncos re-signed WR River Cracraft to the practice squad.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 13m13 minutes ago

Vance Joseph: “We have not yet” made a decision on the starting QB for the Washington game.

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 13m13 minutes ago

#Broncos Vance Joseph @1043TheFan "We're going to discuss as a staff where we are. Lynch came in Saturday and Sunday and threw the ball."

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 11m11 minutes ago

#Broncos Vance Joseph @1043TheFan "We want to see Paxton play some. That's the truth. We have to see where he is as a player headed into the offseason."

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 11m11 minutes ago

#Broncos Vance Joseph @1043TheFan "Players get better playing in games. I've seen (Lynch) play in practice obviously...with game experience some guys get better."

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 10m10 minutes ago

#Broncos Vance Joseph @1043TheFan "I think the personal milestones with players are important. (CJ Anderson) getting 1,000 yards is important for us."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 8m8 minutes ago

Joseph on Siemian's future with the team: "I'm not sure. That's a question we'll all have to answer after the season, a number of us."

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 8m8 minutes ago

Joseph on Siemian: "He's had two (left) shoulder injuries this year. He's a good, young QB. Smart, tough.'' #9sports

MOtorboat
12-18-2017, 12:35 PM
Lynch needs to play.

GEM
12-18-2017, 12:58 PM
Lynch needs to play.

:puke:

MOtorboat
12-18-2017, 01:03 PM

The whole season has been puke. Do you want to go into next season with the Lynch question still hanging in the air? I don’t. He needs as many No. 1 reps and minutes in real games as he can get now.

Davii
12-18-2017, 01:09 PM

It sucks, but it's true. I know exactly what we have in Os. We have a guy that I trust can win some games in relief, and MAYBE even be a middle tier starter if needed. However, we don't know if Pax can even show enough to think we want him on the roster next year. I want to see Os start this week, maybe see Pax come in for relief in the second half, or maybe just give Pax the Chief's game. Either way, he needs to get out there and play. This will be his last chance as a Denver Bronco I believe.

MOtorboat
12-18-2017, 01:11 PM
If we go another offseason hoping Lynch wins the job, which results in Siemian starting again, I may not watch a game next year. Anything to jump start the quarterback rebuild is welcomed. Play Lynch. Let him suck.

spikerman
12-18-2017, 01:23 PM
Mo articulates my position very well.

LawDog
12-18-2017, 01:26 PM
As long as they are only trying to evaluate to nail down next year’s #2...

Nomad
12-18-2017, 01:31 PM
I believe GEM's position is we've seen one too many games with Lynch, even though not very many.....he's not very good. I don't believe he's going to magically 'find his rhythm' against the Redskins or Chiefs. Perhaps, it's a way Denver can say they gave him a shot.

MOtorboat
12-18-2017, 01:35 PM
I believe GEM's position is we've seen one too many games with Lynch, even though not very many.....he's not very good. I don't believe he's going to magically 'find his rhythm' against the Redskins or Chiefs. Perhaps, it's a way Denver can say they gave him a shot.

They gave Siemian 25 games. They can give Lynch 6.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-18-2017, 01:35 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck
21m21 minutes ago

#Broncos @StingRay56 said not sure if will play again this season after screws removed. He's played in pain all season. "Not looking great to play" this year. But guy left it on field. Dropped from 242 to 225 lbs. Can't play at that weight with on hand #Denver7

Slick
12-18-2017, 01:45 PM
Did Ray hurt his eating hand?

Cugel
12-18-2017, 02:19 PM
It sucks, but it's true. I know exactly what we have in Os. We have a guy that I trust can win some games in relief, and MAYBE even be a middle tier starter if needed. However, we don't know if Pax can even show enough to think we want him on the roster next year. I want to see Os start this week, maybe see Pax come in for relief in the second half, or maybe just give Pax the Chief's game. Either way, he needs to get out there and play. This will be his last chance as a Denver Bronco I believe.

Sadly, it won't. It should be, but it won't.

What will Elway conclude if Paxton goes out and stinks it up? That "he's not ready". Will they just dump him then? No. They will bring him back again next off-season, dust him off and try and "get him ready."

They wasted a 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick to select this useless chode, just 2 years ago. While most fans are ready to move on, they still want to justify that investment. And he's still cheap under his rookie contract.

My guess is that Paxton is in a QB competition next year for the #3 scout team QB with Chad Kelly. Last year they kept Paxton and dumped Kyle Sloter. Next off-season it could be Chad Kelly's turn. I would hope they give up on him at some point, but Elway is incredibly stubborn and he sticks with his crappy draft picks way too long.

#1 - Osweiler or a Veteran FA QB.
#2 - rookie draft pick QB.
#3 - Lynch or Chad Kelly

Cugel
12-18-2017, 02:24 PM
If we go another offseason hoping Lynch wins the job, which results in Siemian starting again, I may not watch a game next year. Anything to jump start the quarterback rebuild is welcomed. Play Lynch. Let him suck.

Trevor Siemian just re-injured his same shoulder as last year. He's a 7th round pick, and nothing is invested in him. They can and probably will just release him. He doesn't figure in their future starter plans, and they have no interest in him long-term as a developmental project. They know what they have there and it isn't much.

Chances they just hand him the starting job again over Lynch in a repeat of last year? Pretty much nil.

Davii
12-18-2017, 02:45 PM
Sadly, it won't. It should be, but it won't.

What will Elway conclude if Paxton goes out and stinks it up? That "he's not ready". Will they just dump him then? No. They will bring him back again next off-season, dust him off and try and "get him ready."

They wasted a 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick to select this useless chode, just 2 years ago. While most fans are ready to move on, they still want to justify that investment. And he's still cheap under his rookie contract.

My guess is that Paxton is in a QB competition next year for the #3 scout team QB with Chad Kelly. Last year they kept Paxton and dumped Kyle Sloter. Next off-season it could be Chad Kelly's turn. I would hope they give up on him at some point, but Elway is incredibly stubborn and he sticks with his crappy draft picks way too long.

#1 - Osweiler or a Veteran FA QB.
#2 - rookie draft pick QB.
#3 - Lynch or Chad Kelly

I think you're dead wrong. John won't waste a roster spot on him unless he shows John and VJ reason to believe he can improve enough to be the backup. If not, they won't bring him back because they aren't carrying 4 QBs. The only possible way he keeps a spot (if he stinks it up the last two games) is if Osweiler goes elsewhere. If Os stays he is the clear #2 and Kelly will be the third.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-18-2017, 02:48 PM
Whoever we play or don’t vs Washington, the goal is not to win another game. That’s why I wanna see Lynch play. If we lose out on a top 10 pick for some moral victories I’m not gonna be happy. All moral victories do is keep you shitty the following year. Ask Mike Shanahan.

VonDoom
12-18-2017, 02:49 PM
I think Joseph kind of talked himself into a corner when we were 3-9, saying that they were focused on winning no matter what, not showcasing young guys. Even though these wins ultimately didn't mean anything, that was what he put out there. Now we want to showcase the young guys, even though Os is clearly our best QB right now. Which is fine, but I think he has to set the stage for that, since it contradicts what he originally said.

Long story short, I agree that Lynch needs to play. If he hadn't gotten hurt against the Raiders, he probably would have played a bit more this year and we all would have seen that he sucks. If he shows that in the last two games, so be it. We need to make a decision and stick to it.

LawDog
12-18-2017, 02:59 PM
I think you're dead wrong. John won't waste a roster spot on him unless he shows John and VJ reason to believe he can improve enough to be the backup. If not, they won't bring him back because they aren't carrying 4 QBs. The only possible way he keeps a spot (if he stinks it up the last two games) is if Osweiler goes elsewhere. If Os stays he is the clear #2 and Kelly will be the third.

Let's assume Kelly is the #3 and the #1 is a player not currently on the roster. So who is #2? Not Os, he's too expensive because there is no way he signs a contract at backup QB value, more likely he goes to some other bottom half team where he has a legitimate chance to compete for the starting role. Between Lynch and Siemian it's logically Trevor. Siemian is cheaper now, and cheaper going forward because he would easily sign a backup QB contract whereas Paxton will always think he's a starter and will hold out for a 1st round pick 2nd contract which even at the low-end is too much to pay a backup. Plus, Trevor is smarter, will be prepared, and won't cause any locker room issues by pouting because he's not starting. As an insurance QB he's the smart money choice. Of course this all depends on the #1 being a slam dunk vet and not another high round project giraffe, er rookie.

Davii
12-18-2017, 03:31 PM
Whoever we play or don’t vs Washington, the goal is not to win another game. That’s why I wanna see Lynch play. If we lose out on a top 10 pick for some moral victories I’m not gonna be happy. All moral victories do is keep you shitty the following year. Ask Mike Shanahan.

Well, the goal for every player that steps on the field is to have a good game and hopefully win. Every time these guys step on a field it's a job interview, whether for their current team or another, especially when the team you're on is probably about to go into rebuild mode. Good luck getting any player to ever buy into tanking.

Davii
12-18-2017, 03:32 PM
Let's assume Kelly is the #3 and the #1 is a player not currently on the roster. So who is #2? Not Os, he's too expensive because there is no way he signs a contract at backup QB value, more likely he goes to some other bottom half team where he has a legitimate chance to compete for the starting role. Between Lynch and Siemian it's logically Trevor. Siemian is cheaper now, and cheaper going forward because he would easily sign a backup QB contract whereas Paxton will always think he's a starter and will hold out for a 1st round pick 2nd contract which even at the low-end is too much to pay a backup. Plus, Trevor is smarter, will be prepared, and won't cause any locker room issues by pouting because he's not starting. As an insurance QB he's the smart money choice. Of course this all depends on the #1 being a slam dunk vet and not another high round project giraffe, er rookie.

If I thought TS was talented enough to be counted on reliably I would agree with you. I don't.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-18-2017, 03:34 PM
Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis
46m46 minutes ago

Broncos opened as 5-point underdogs vs. Washington. Then it dropped to 4.5 points. It's now 3.5. Wonder if Vegas believes Osweiler is starting. #9sports

2h2 hours ago

I can't believe there is even a debate on starting QB. Paxton has barely practiced this year. Brock is rolling. It should be Brock. #9sports

2h2 hours ago

Justin Simmons also in locker room. His left ankle doesn't need surgery. He said he could have returned for KC finale, but it was decided to put him on IR as precaution. #9sports

2h2 hours ago

DE Derek Wolfe also in locker room. He will have stem-cell treatment to help repair tissue in neck area. #9sports

2h2 hours ago

DE Jared Crick seen in locker room. He had disc surgery. Contract up but hopes to return with Broncos next year. #9sports

BroncoJoe
12-18-2017, 03:36 PM
2h2 hours ago

I can't believe there is even a debate on starting QB. Paxton has barely practiced this year. Brock is rolling. It should be Brock. #9sports

This.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-18-2017, 03:54 PM
This.

Klis is a retard. Why play him? So Brock can acquire some stats to try to get some dumb team to overpay him again next year? He’s on a one year deal with us. It behooves us, especially if there’s any more inkling we might want to bring him back, to play the “we know w what Brock brings” card and NOT play him. That way we can lowball him to be on the roster next year. If he plays lights out the last two games it gives his agent ammo to negotiate for more $.

Bottom line, we still need to get Lynch reps. Playing Brock “to win” does nothing but help the players who played like shit for 8 games feel better about themselves. I don’t care how they feel. Half of them might not even be here next year.

dogfish
12-18-2017, 03:55 PM

or, they could give trev some more games. . . how would you feel about that, MO?

:heh:

BroncoJoe
12-18-2017, 04:03 PM
Klis is a retard. Why play him? So Brock can acquire some stats to try to get some dumb team to overpay him again next year? He’s on a one year deal with us. It behooves us, especially if there’s any more inkling we might want to bring him back, to play the “we know w what Brock brings” card and NOT play him. That way we can lowball him to be on the roster next year. If he plays lights out the last two games it gives his agent ammo to negotiate for more $.

Bottom line, we still need to get Lynch reps. Playing Brock “to win” does nothing but help the players who played like shit for 8 games feel better about themselves. I don’t care how they feel. Half of them might not even be here next year.

I think Brock learned (earned?) his lesson.

Paxton sucks. Anyone that doesn't see that is blind.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-18-2017, 04:05 PM
Linebacker Shane Ray entered training camp expecting a career year. He felt it, physically and mentally, and with DeMarcus Ware retired, the Broncos needed it.

But the good feelings ended two days into training camp when Ray injured his left wrist and had to undergo surgery to repair the bone and ligaments. All of preseason was shot, along with the first six games of the regular season as he was placed on injured reserve.

Now Ray and the Broncos are mulling whether he should play the final two games.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2017/12/18/broncos-shane-ray-wrist-injury/

VonDoom
12-18-2017, 04:16 PM
Klis was heavy in the tank for Siemian recently, after he took over for Lynch in that Raiders game. Said we "had" to go back to Siemian. I always asked - why not Brock, who was clearly performing better? I doubt Klis would be pushing for Siemian now, but the injury gave him an out on that one.

Hawgdriver
12-18-2017, 04:17 PM
Klis was heavy in the tank for Siemian recently, after he took over for Lynch in that Raiders game. Said we "had" to go back to Siemian. I always asked - why not Brock, who was clearly performing better? I doubt Klis would be pushing for Siemian now, but the injury gave him an out on that one.

Maybe Paxton snubbed Klis.

Nomad
12-18-2017, 04:19 PM
Maybe crying on the sideline has given Paxton new life, and new confidence.

Buff
12-18-2017, 05:02 PM
My read on Klis is not that he's an idiot, but that he depends on his access for his job, and is loyal to the Broncos front office and players to a fault... (e.g. he praised Elway bringing Brock back, he was called out positively by Talib for criticizing his suspension, he has praised multiple VJ practices, and there was the incident during training camp where he accidentally sent a DM publicly where he appeared to be telling the Broncos PR not to share information with his Denver Post competition, Nikki Jbvala).

So him tweeting about Brock is probably the prevailing view among players, and it helps him curry favor in the locker room.

GEM
12-18-2017, 05:14 PM
The whole season has been puke. Do you want to go into next season with the Lynch question still hanging in the air? I don’t. He needs as many No. 1 reps and minutes in real games as he can get now.

No, the question is already answered.

GEM
12-18-2017, 05:15 PM

They don't need 6. He ******* sucks and there is not a snowballs chance in hell that he earns shit. He couldn't beat out Trevor ******* Siemian. Bite the bullet and cut the kid. Sorry, not sorry.

BroncoJoe
12-18-2017, 05:16 PM
They don't need 6. He ******* sucks and there is not a snowballs chance in hell that he earns shit. He couldn't beat out Trevor ******* Siemian. Bite the bullet and cut the kid. Sorry, not sorry.

Siemian, for as bad as he became, won more games than Paxton can count to.

GEM
12-18-2017, 05:18 PM
Don't give me this need to see what the kid has while Henderson is buried on the ******* roster because he fumbled in preseason. :mad:

MOtorboat
12-18-2017, 05:19 PM
No, the question is already answered.

It probably is. But to not just see out the season with him is just dumb. I don’t give a **** if Osweiler has a good game here or there. The season has been done and over with for two months. **** meaningless wins. Play the young guys, regardless of whether you think they’re good or not.

GEM
12-18-2017, 05:20 PM
It probably is. But to not just see out the season with him is just dumb. I don’t give a **** if Osweiler has a good game here or there. The season has been done and over with for two months. **** meaningless wins. Play the young guys, regardless of whether you think they’re good or not.

Except they aren't playing the young guys. If Henderson don't suit up and play but Lynch does....this whole thing is just absolute bullshit.

BroncoJoe
12-18-2017, 05:22 PM

Yep, and then become the Browns. No win is meaningless in the eyes of potential FA's.

dogfish
12-18-2017, 05:30 PM

lol! next time, stop sugar-coating it and tell us how you really feel!

:lol:

GEM
12-18-2017, 05:34 PM
lol! next time, stop sugar-coating it and tell us how you really feel!

:lol:

The ******* idiot mechanic in our building is trying to poison us with carbon monoxide this afternoon....apparently that puts me in a shitty mood, along with BAH ******* HUMBUG!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-18-2017, 05:39 PM
The ******* idiot mechanic in our building is trying to poison us with carbon monoxide this afternoon....apparently that puts me in a shitty mood, along with BAH ******* HUMBUG!
Its not that hard to duct the exhaust outside. Tell him not to be a lazy tonto.

MOtorboat
12-18-2017, 05:44 PM
Except they aren't playing the young guys. If Henderson don't suit up and play but Lynch does....this whole thing is just absolute bullshit.

Don’t disagree. But I also think not playing Henderson is not really a reason Lynch shouldn’t as well.

Yep, and then become the Browns. No win is meaningless in the eyes of potential FA's.

We’re not the Browns. We’re not in danger of becoming the Browns and that wouldn’t make us the Browns. 18 years of losing makes you the Browns, not 10 games (provided that’s what the loss column says at the end of the year).

GEM
12-18-2017, 05:49 PM
Its not that hard to duct the exhaust outside. Tell him not to be a lazy tonto.

Exactly!

BroncoJoe
12-18-2017, 05:50 PM
Don’t disagree. But I also think not playing Henderson is not really a reason Lynch shouldn’t as well.

We’re not the Browns. We’re not in danger of becoming the Browns and that wouldn’t make us the Browns. 18 years of losing makes you the Browns, not 10 games (provided that’s what the loss column says at the end of the year).

Point taken, however if players feel like the organization gave up, what's the incentive to come here? Oz played very well last week. Starting Paxton says "we don't care about winning" in my opinion.

MOtorboat
12-18-2017, 06:09 PM
Point taken, however if players feel like the organization gave up, what's the incentive to come here? Oz played very well last week. Starting Paxton says "we don't care about winning" in my opinion.

Fair enough. I don’t think one season, or 9-10 games would do that.

BroncoJoe
12-18-2017, 06:17 PM
Fair enough. I don’t think one season, or 9-10 games would do that.

I don't really think so either, but if we're going to court a guy like Cousins or the like, it could give them pause. Kicking and screaming, and all...

MOtorboat
12-18-2017, 06:31 PM
I don't really think so either, but if we're going to court a guy like Cousins or the like, it could give them pause. Kicking and screaming, and all...

I think there’s enough carrots to dangle outside the overpowering money angle to make that happen, regardless. I think Elway still would have a massive pull, and the fact he’s done it once already with Manning is huge (cough, Drew Brees, cough).

Rick
12-19-2017, 09:58 AM
What team in search of a free agent QB actually has a winning record right now? Jaguars MAYBE?

I don't think the Broncos record will give anyone pause.

Freyaka
12-19-2017, 10:09 AM
Lynch needs to play.

Is this opposites day? Because I Never want to see that pirate on the field again.

Freyaka
12-19-2017, 10:16 AM
Maybe Paxton snubbed Klis.

Perhaps Paxton confirmed to Nikki?

Freyaka
12-19-2017, 10:20 AM
What team in search of a free agent QB actually has a winning record right now? Jaguars MAYBE?

I don't think the Broncos record will give anyone pause.

Are Jaguars really in need of a QB now? Bortles is really turning a corner this season. At this point If I were the Jags I'd roll with him.

turftoad
12-19-2017, 10:25 AM
Meh. We've seen Lynch in two games last year and half of one this year. IMO that isn't enough to make a decision on him. We need to see more game time action from him.

Brock looked good last week but vs Indy. Indy sucks. Give Lynch the last two games. If he sucks, he sucks.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-19-2017, 10:25 AM
Are Jaguars really in need of a QB now? Bortles is really turning a corner this season. At this point If I were the Jags I'd roll with him.

Bortles did the same thing 2 years ago. Played lights out the second half of the season. Then he regressed badly last year. I’m not sure if he’s “turned a corner” or if he’s just a hot and cold player. Either really good or really bad.

Ziggy
12-19-2017, 10:37 AM
It's time to move on from our stable of failed QB's. It's obvious every time Paxton steps on the field that he has the football IQ of a fishstick. Trevor is Trevor. He reached his ceiling a year ago, and it isn't high. I'd say keep Oz if he's willing to sign for backup money. He's made all the cash he needs in a lifetime and he loves Denver. It's a possibility. Let Kelly show what he has next year, along with a free agent and/or draft pick.

I'm still a fan of bringing in a veteran while the D is still in their championship window. A dark horse candidate could be Teddy Bridgewater. He's healthy enough to get on the field now and he'll be an unrestricted free agent who won't break the bank. When he was healthy he was one of the best young QB's in the league. I watched him nearly beat the Broncos 2015 championship D out of sheer will.

Rick
12-19-2017, 11:11 AM

That is kind of my point.

There are some who say a QB like Cousins wouldn't want to play here because of our record. Well, what team with a winning record is a good alternative, and of all the teams with poor records who has the highest chance of competing with solid QB play?

Cugel
12-19-2017, 11:22 AM

I 100% agree with this, but Elway does not. They traded a 1st and a 3rd round pick to get this guy in the 2016 draft and after not seeing more than 2 games starting out of him, they cut him? Elway is not going to do that. He is going to force Paxton onto next year's roster, and they are going to "develop" him some more.

My guess is that he's the #3 QB next year and runs the scout team unless Chad Kelly beats him out. Perhaps even if Kelly looks great - like Kyle Sloter did in the pre-season, they still keep Paxton and cut Kelly. Because he's a #1 Qb and they still "like his athleticism and we were high on him out of Memphis."

You are asking the talent evaluators who are still in charge over in Dove Valley to admit "we just screwed up and this kid will never develop." They don't want to admit that and they won't if they can avoid it.

Paxton is going to have to rub their noses in his incapability for one more year before they just give up and give this dude his walking papers. The fans are ready to move on right now. I'm ready, you're ready. I don't need to see one single thing more from Paxton. He's a bust pure and simple.

Which is why he should be starting the next 2 games - to ensure the Broncos don't win more than 5 games and get a top 5 or 6 draft pick.

Hawgdriver
12-19-2017, 11:26 AM
I 100% agree with this, but Elway does not. They traded a 1st and a 3rd round pick to get this guy in the 2016 draft and after not seeing more than 2 games starting out of him, they cut him? Elway is not going to do that. He is going to force Paxton onto next year's roster, and they are going to "develop" him some more.

My guess is that he's the #3 QB next year and runs the scout team unless Chad Kelly beats him out. Perhaps even if Kelly looks great - like Kyle Sloter did in the pre-season, they still keep Paxton and cut Kelly. Because he's a #1 Qb and they still "like his athleticism and we were high on him out of Memphis."

You are asking the talent evaluators who are still in charge over in Dove Valley to admit "we just screwed up and this kid will never develop." They don't want to admit that and they won't if they can avoid it.

Paxton is going to have to rub their noses in his incapability for one more year before they just give up and give this dude his walking papers. The fans are ready to move on right now. I'm ready, you're ready. I don't need to see one single thing more from Paxton. He's a bust pure and simple.

Which is why he should be starting the next 2 games - to ensure the Broncos don't win more than 5 games and get a top 5 or 6 draft pick.

Disagree.

Elway has more invested in VJ than he does Paxton.

Buff
12-19-2017, 11:33 AM
I hope our defense takes it easy on our QB of the future.

Freyaka
12-19-2017, 11:47 AM
I hope our defense takes it easy on our QB of the future.

Cousin's won't come here. I'd be alright with it, but we can't afford him. It's a fun thought, but it's a pipe dream.

GEM
12-19-2017, 11:55 AM
Meh. We've seen Lynch in two games last year and half of one this year. IMO that isn't enough to make a decision on him. We need to see more game time action from him.

Brock looked good last week but vs Indy. Indy sucks. Give Lynch the last two games. If he sucks, he sucks.

Well if he'd stop getting injured every time he steps on the field...

Rick
12-19-2017, 12:18 PM
Well if he'd stop getting injured every time he steps on the field...

It's concerning when athleticism is one of his strongest point but he has been injured twice already this year with limited playing time.

Freyaka
12-19-2017, 12:20 PM
It's concerning when athleticism is one of his strongest point but he has been injured twice already this year with limited playing time.

I give him10-15 snaps this week.

GEM
12-19-2017, 12:21 PM
Washington has one of the worst fields known to man...throw a kid coming off an ankle injury on there, recipe for disaster.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-19-2017, 12:45 PM
Washington has one of the worst fields known to man...throw a kid coming off an ankle injury on there, recipe for disaster.

Then everybody gets what they want and Brock plays so we can see how shitty he is against a good defense. Remember, Indy’s defense is the mirror image of our offense. Granted, they still made ****face look like shit.

GEM
12-19-2017, 12:46 PM
Then everybody gets what they want and Brock plays so we can see how shitty he is against a good defense. Remember, Indy’s defense is the mirror image of our offense. Granted, they still made ****face look like shit.

I don't want Brock, ****face or pirate****. They all suck monkeyballs.:laugh:

MOtorboat
12-19-2017, 12:47 PM
You know, if your goal is to not see Lynch again, you want to grit your teeth and just bear it for the next two games. If he doesn’t play in the last two games, there are still questions and he’s still a first round pick from only one year ago.

MOtorboat
12-19-2017, 12:47 PM
I don't want Brock, ****face or pirate****. They all suck monkeyballs.:laugh:

Jordan Taylor?

GEM
12-19-2017, 12:48 PM
You know, if your goal is to not see Lynch again, you want to grit your teeth and just bear it for the next two games. If he doesn’t play in the last two games, there are still questions and he’s still a first round pick from only one year ago.

How much worse can he be.

Lynch: Hold my beer.

MOtorboat
12-19-2017, 12:49 PM

I kept saying that about Siemian. :whoknows:

Freyaka
12-19-2017, 12:50 PM

Don't you mean "hold my wine cooler"?

MOtorboat
12-19-2017, 12:51 PM
Don't you mean "hold my wine cooler"?

The Pirate drinks rum.

underrated29
12-19-2017, 01:09 PM
It's time to move on from our stable of failed QB's. It's obvious every time Paxton steps on the field that he has the football IQ of a fishstick. Trevor is Trevor. He reached his ceiling a year ago, and it isn't high. I'd say keep Oz if he's willing to sign for backup money. He's made all the cash he needs in a lifetime and he loves Denver. It's a possibility. Let Kelly show what he has next year, along with a free agent and/or draft pick.

I'm still a fan of bringing in a veteran while the D is still in their championship window. A dark horse candidate could be Teddy Bridgewater. He's healthy enough to get on the field now and he'll be an unrestricted free agent who won't break the bank. When he was healthy he was one of the best young QB's in the league. I watched him nearly beat the Broncos 2015 championship D out of sheer will.

I mentioned him a year or two ago. I still think he would be a good option.
I still think its brock, oz, kelly, vet and draft pick- with the hope that kelly, draft pick and vet round out the 3.

Cousin's won't come here. I'd be alright with it, but we can't afford him. It's a fun thought, but it's a pipe dream.

I hope he does not. We absolutely can afford him though, that is not a pipe dream. If we want him we can make the payment. I still personally hope not.

Freyaka
12-19-2017, 01:17 PM
The Pirate drinks rum.

A real pirate drinks rum, a pirate backstreet boy drinks wine coolers.

VonDoom
12-19-2017, 02:08 PM
Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala
16m16 minutes ago

As @JamesPalmerTV reported, the Broncos have placed OLB Shane Ray on injured reserve. He underwent three wrist surgeries in less than four months.

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey
4h4 hours ago

Plenty of buzz building that the #Broncos want to wrap up WR Cody Latimer before he hits the open market. Not only because of his special teams play but there's also a belief he's still got untapped potential as a WR. @1043TheFan

Rick
12-19-2017, 02:10 PM
Damn do we have any starters NOT on IR??

As far as affording Cousins, if they want to go that direction then they easily can afford him. It is pretty easy to move cap around these days.

BroncoJoe
12-19-2017, 02:13 PM
16m16 minutes ago

As @JamesPalmerTV reported, the Broncos have placed OLB Shane Ray on injured reserve. He underwent three wrist surgeries in less than four months.

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey
4h4 hours ago

Plenty of buzz building that the #Broncos want to wrap up WR Cody Latimer before he hits the open market. Not only because of his special teams play but there's also a belief he's still got untapped potential as a WR. @1043TheFan

Dave just creamed his screen.

Freyaka
12-19-2017, 02:33 PM
Dave just creamed his screen.

The way he's been playing in recent weeks. I'm totally ok with it for the right price.

Hawgdriver
12-19-2017, 02:36 PM
The Pirate drinks rum.

This one seems more of a vodka cran type.

Buff
12-19-2017, 02:45 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/MRtD0ldbPw4i4/giphy.gif

GEM
12-19-2017, 03:23 PM

:lol:!!!

Davii
12-19-2017, 03:26 PM

Best timed GIF around here in LOOOOOONG time.

Timmy!
12-19-2017, 04:05 PM
Best timed GIF around here in LOOOOOONG time.

https://m.popkey.co/174634/Q01Z5_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

Davii
12-19-2017, 04:09 PM
http://media1.giphy.com/media/a9xhxAxaqOfQs/giphy.gif

Not bad, but still behind.

Timmy!
12-19-2017, 04:16 PM
Not bad, but still behind.

Hey I'm just trying not to die over here

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-19-2017, 04:43 PM

:laugh:

VonDoom
12-19-2017, 04:56 PM
1m1 minute ago

Broncos promote CB Michael Hunter from the practice squad. It’s the corresponding roster move with Shane Ray going on IR.

Hawgdriver
12-19-2017, 06:40 PM

Damn buff...play fair...

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/unanything/images/7/79/Kung_Fu_Cat.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140621163548

dogfish
12-20-2017, 12:09 AM

it's shocking how talented guys can sometimes play when you actually give them a chance. . .

plus, if we bring him back, next off-season's puff piece will easily be the most epic so far-- i can already picture buff foaming at the mouth about it. . . it's gonna be amazing!

Nomad
12-20-2017, 11:46 PM
The wife bought tickets to go watch Star Wars during the game....I wasn't conferred with. Who schedules to watch a movie at 10:40am in the morning?.....my wife :lol:

VonDoom
12-21-2017, 06:49 PM
Nicki Jhabvala @NickiJhabvala 2h2 hours ago

Broncos CB Chris Harris understandably annoyed by Pro Bowl snub: "I just see it as I don't need to play the slot no more. That's what it is. Playing in the slot I think that really hurts me. I feel like my numbers would be way better outside."

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-21-2017, 06:52 PM
Nicki Jhabvala @NickiJhabvala 2h2 hours ago

Broncos CB Chris Harris understandably annoyed by Pro Bowl snub: "I just see it as I don't need to play the slot no more. That's what it is. Playing in the slot I think that really hurts me. I feel like my numbers would be way better outside."

It’s got nothing to do with the slot and everything to do with the crappy product even put on the field this year

VonDoom
12-21-2017, 06:54 PM
Nicki Jhabvala @NickiJhabvala 3h3 hours ago

Paxton Lynch again limited in practice. He and Osweiler again split reps.

Nicki Jhabvala Verified account @NickiJhabvala 3h3 hours ago

Vance Joseph on Lynch: "Our goal is to see him play before the year's over. We have two more games to do that.'

Andrew Mason Verified account @MaseDenver 3h3 hours ago

Vance Joseph: Emmanuel Sanders’ ankle “is really sore, still … he’s been gutting it out for us the last month and a half."

Joseph: “It’s very possible” that De’Angelo Henderson plays this week. “We want to see him play eventually,” but the other 3 RBs are healthy.

Troy Renck Verified account @TroyRenck 3h3 hours ago

#Broncos Vance Joseph said understands Brock played well enough to start but want to look at all options to know "future of the quarterback" .... Again if Lynch healthy, he will play. #Denver7

#Broncos VJ "It's not ideal to play three guys (at QB) and split reps most of the season." #Denver7

Joseph: “I’m not” keeping one eye on Kirk Cousins on Sunday … says the focus is on winning the game and slowing down Cousins.

#Broncos DeMarcus Warlker will play some at OLB... Vance Joseph said. "We can go win a game and play young guys." #Denver7

Joseph, on whether the starting QB for 2018 is not on the roster right now: “That’s not my concern.” Says the concern is about Sunday’s game.

#Broncos DC Joe Woods said "in my mind Kirk Cousins is a franchise quarterback." Talked about his ability to carry a team on his back. #Denver7

MOtorboat
12-21-2017, 07:28 PM
Play Henderson!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-21-2017, 07:53 PM
Play Henderson!

I might actually tune in. I was leaning towards “no thanks” if they didn’t start Brock.

DenBronx
12-21-2017, 08:32 PM
After listening to Paxton Lynchs comments about getting back on the field I can say he has zero "kicking and screaming" in him. I am not sure he even believes in himself. Brock seems to be the best of the 3 and this season might have been alot better had he started the whole year. Brock is a leader and Lynch isn't even fighting for his chance to start. I am disappointed in Paxton.

Rick
12-21-2017, 10:02 PM
Brock easily has the best attitude of the 3, I just wish he had the consistent talent to go along with it.

dogfish
12-21-2017, 11:18 PM
Play Henderson!

Freeangelo!

VonDoom
12-22-2017, 01:42 PM
Troy Renck Verified account @TroyRenck now5 seconds ago

#Broncos Sanders, Lynch and Latimer questionable for game #Denver7

Nicki Jhabvala Verified account @NickiJhabvala now17 seconds ago

Vance Joseph not naming a starting QB yet. Paxton Lynch is listed as questionable though.

Troy Renck Verified account @TroyRenck now20 seconds ago

#Broncos Vance Joseph said not confirming the starter... They will decide on QB after meetings today. Lynch at 90 percent. #Denver7

Troy Renck Verified account @TroyRenck now41 seconds ago

#Broncos Joseph said Lynch needs to be able to run around. Whether it's Osweiler or Lynch, game plan won't change #Denver7 joseph said Paxton obviously healthy enough to Back up

Mike Klis Verified account @MikeKlis now32 seconds ago

Emmanuel Sanders is “sore.” Put him on doubtful side of questionable. #9sports

VonDoom
12-22-2017, 03:07 PM
Nicki Jhabvala Verified account @NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

The Broncos added three more players to the practice squad earlier this week: DT Paul Boyette, S Jordan Moore and LB Marcus Rush.

Spiritguy
12-22-2017, 05:56 PM
Troy Renck Verified account @TroyRenck

#Broncos DeMarcus Warlker will play some at OLB... Vance Joseph said.

Are head coaches tested for drug use? Why the heck do they keep doing this stupidity? :whoknows: :crazy:

Spiritguy
12-22-2017, 06:05 PM
Haven't seen this here. Looks like Elways son Jack has something to say about next year.

VonDoom
12-23-2017, 05:18 PM
Sanders and Latimer both downgraded to out for tomorrow and didn’t make the trip to DC

Rick
12-23-2017, 05:49 PM
Are they able to wait until game day to announce starter? Or do they have to turn the lineups in at a point?

VonDoom
12-23-2017, 06:26 PM
Are they able to wait until game day to announce starter? Or do they have to turn the lineups in at a point?

I don’t think they’re required to name a starter. I think most people assume it’s Brock anyway

VonDoom
12-23-2017, 06:28 PM
Also, our only available WR in this game are DT, Fowler, Sunshine and McKenzie. I suspect a heavy emphasis on running the ball