PDA

View Full Version : The Squeeze: Von Miller named AFC defensive starter for 2018 Pro Bowl

Denver Native (Carol)
12-16-2017, 05:27 PM
1. The people's champ

On Saturday, Von Miller became the first Bronco to punch his ticket to the 2018 Pro Bowl.

NFL Network's "Good Morning Football" announced the top fan-vote recipients by position for each conference, and Miller led outside linebackers for the AFC, making him a starter.

Full Pro Bowl rosters, as decided by fan, player and coach voting, will be revealed Tuesday, Dec. 19 during a live broadcast of "NFL Total Access: Pro Bowl Players Revealed" at 6 p.m. MT on NFL Network.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-squeeze/The-Squeeze-Von-Miller-named-AFC-defensive-starter-for-2018-Pro-Bowl/454c25e9-71c3-478f-bbce-aeabd8b2c9b4

Nomad
12-16-2017, 05:34 PM
I guess I should know this, but these players get an extra check for playing in the Pro Bowl? If so, I wonder why so many skip the playing in the game. I can't remember the last time I watched a Pro Bowl.

topscribe
12-16-2017, 05:37 PM
I guess I should know this, but these players get an extra check for playing in the Pro Bowl? If so, I wonder why so many skip the playing in the game. I can't remember the last time I watched a Pro Bowl.
I think the winners get around $50K apiece and the losers $26K. Something like that.
Piddling sums to them, but an amount most of us would die for in a lump sum.

Nomad
12-16-2017, 05:41 PM
I think the winners get around $50K apiece and the losers $26K. Something like that.

I'd take either lump sum. :D

Northman
12-16-2017, 05:50 PM
Good for Von, he will have plenty of time to do the Pro Bowl after the season is done.

Rick
12-16-2017, 07:36 PM

I could pay off my freaking student loans...

topscribe
12-16-2017, 08:28 PM
I could pay off my freaking student loans...
Yes, I could pay off that car I shouldn't have bought.

I've been thinking about approaching one of those guys and explaining that, since that
amount won't even show up on their books, they ought to donate it to me . . .