PDA

View Full Version : Ps4

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-14-2017, 03:42 PM
Anyone out there have one? Are there interactive games I can do with the family? My wife and I are thinking about getting a used one for Christmas

Buff
12-14-2017, 03:51 PM
I have always been a Playstation guy. I mostly just play the same 3-4 games over and over now (Madden, MLB The Show, Fifa and Call of Duty)...

But for family games you should check out Playstation Move - it's their "motion detector" controller - I played with my late step father and he wasn't a huge gamer... It was cool because they had games that come with the controller like frisbee, boccee ball, archery, etc that required minimal movement but added an extra layer of competition. That was on PS3, but I know they've adapted it to PS4 now as well.

What kinds of games have you been into historically?

GEM
12-14-2017, 04:07 PM
I like the Wii for multi-family oriented game play. We have bowling nights all the time and it makes for a fun night.

WTE
12-14-2017, 04:19 PM
My kids just got one and love it. My 7:1 surround sound with the Game mode on the receiver is incredible with this unit.

BroncoJoe
12-14-2017, 04:21 PM
I like the Wii for multi-family oriented game play. We have bowling nights all the time and it makes for a fun night.

Tennis is a kick too.

GEM
12-14-2017, 05:47 PM
Tennis is a kick too.

Right!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-14-2017, 07:20 PM
I have always been a Playstation guy. I mostly just play the same 3-4 games over and over now (Madden, MLB The Show, Fifa and Call of Duty)...

But for family games you should check out Playstation Move - it's their "motion detector" controller - I played with my late step father and he wasn't a huge gamer... It was cool because they had games that come with the controller like frisbee, boccee ball, archery, etc that required minimal movement but added an extra layer of competition. That was on PS3, but I know they've adapted it to PS4 now as well.

What kinds of games have you been into historically?

Ps move? I値l check it out.

I知 honestly not much of a gamer. My kids will probably use it more than I do. I知 use it more for streaming. Right now we use a Roku

tomjonesrocks
12-22-2017, 08:35 PM
Long time PS4 guy. No experience with XBox, but have had mine many years, it’s been a workhorse. It’s a Netflix platform and now online TV platform. Reliable as hell. BluRay too even though I never use that.

Family games - unsure? What’s the age range? Just you and the wife? Young Kids?

I have played more video games than ever this year. I’m not a guy that buys things current - I come to things 6-9 months late. Have always loved racing/car games of all types but have waded into FPS games as well this year. Finished Last Of Us, Doom, Wolfenstein Colossus, Hitman, and am deep into Horizon Zero Dawn (a grower that I’m suddenly sinking crazy hours into) at the moment as a distraction to a tough personal year. Overwatch is the current online/friend game, along with the ubiquitous Madden and other sports games. Great system, a lot of power for the price. But I have 2 old systems that just keep working - the reliability has been great.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-23-2017, 10:39 AM
Long time PS4 guy. No experience with XBox, but have had mine many years, it’s been a workhorse. It’s a Netflix platform and now online TV platform. Reliable as hell. BluRay too even though I never use that.

Family games - unsure? What’s the age range? Just you and the wife? Young Kids?

I have played more video games than ever this year. I’m not a guy that buys things current - I come to things 6-9 months late. Have always loved racing/car games of all types but have waded into FPS games as well this year. Finished Last Of Us, Doom, Wolfenstein Colossus, Hitman, and am deep into Horizon Zero Dawn (a grower that I’m suddenly sinking crazy hours into) at the moment as a distraction to a tough personal year. Overwatch is the current online/friend game, along with the ubiquitous Madden and other sports games. Great system, a lot of power for the price. But I have 2 old systems that just keep working - the reliability has been great.

Thanks man, we got one that is sitting under the tree right now. I have 3 kids, ages 6,9,11, and of course a 20 year old who is not living with us.

chazoe60
12-23-2017, 10:51 AM
PS4 is great Dennis. The kids will love it. For family games I think Little Big Planet may just be the best one of all time. It's a very cool puzzle/platform game but what sets it apart is that you can design levels your self. I think there's at least 2 Little Big Planet games now.

Also, Gem is absolutely right about Wii bowling.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-23-2017, 10:57 AM
Thanks Kris, I’ll check it out.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-23-2017, 10:58 AM
Stupid question; is it wireless?

chazoe60
12-23-2017, 11:11 AM
The controllers usually are. Some off brand controllers have cables but the PS brand controllers are wireless. The online features run on Wi-Fi.

chazoe60
12-23-2017, 11:13 AM
Get MLB the Show for yourself. Best sports game ever. The cool thing is you can go to a game stop and get a copy of MLB the Show from a couple years ago for like $5 used and it's still a great game.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-23-2017, 11:15 AM
Ok, so the console itself is wireless? You think I would have asked before I bought it. :laugh:

chazoe60
12-23-2017, 11:18 AM
Ok, so the console itself is wireless? You think I would have asked before I bought it. :laugh:

No. You need an HDMI cable.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-23-2017, 11:21 AM
No. You need an HDMI cable.

I知 referring to the console receiving a wireless signal to run its apps. I know it needs an HDMI

Buff
12-23-2017, 11:41 AM

You will plug it into the wall, and run an HDMI cable (which you'll need to supply) from the PS4 to your TV. It is wireless internet capable. The controller charges on a cable, but it's wireless as well. Depending on where you bought it, you'll likely need to buy more controllers for multiplayer games as they only come with one.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-23-2017, 01:07 PM
You will plug it into the wall, and run an HDMI cable (which you'll need to supply) from the PS4 to your TV. It is wireless internet capable. The controller charges on a cable, but it's wireless as well. Depending on where you bought it, you'll likely need to buy more controllers for multiplayer games as they only come with one.
Yeah, we bought an extra controller. We have two basic ones now. We池e into the console and extra controller for $220

Freyaka
01-11-2018, 03:00 PM
I actually just turned my PS4 on for like the first time in at least 6 months...It's pretty useless at the moment though, I don't have any games installed since my PS+ expired and all my plus games went with it....

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-11-2018, 05:37 PM
I actually just turned my PS4 on for like the first time in at least 6 months...It's pretty useless at the moment though, I don't have any games installed since my PS+ expired and all my plus games went with it....

We致e been pretty happy with it, but I rarely use it for streaming since I already have a Roku

Freyaka
01-12-2018, 11:02 AM
We’ve been pretty happy with it, but I rarely use it for streaming since I already have a Roku

I dunno, it's not that I'm happy with it, it's just that I've got no friends on it. All of my buddies play on Xbox one, and Xbox one does hulu, netflix, amazon prime, HBO, ect... so It's really all I need. I dusted it off the other day to reinstall the Nathan Drake collection and Uncharted 4. I have an urge to replay those soon.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-19-2018, 04:39 PM
I dunno, it's not that I'm happy with it, it's just that I've got no friends on it. All of my buddies play on Xbox one, and Xbox one does hulu, netflix, amazon prime, HBO, ect... so It's really all I need. I dusted it off the other day to reinstall the Nathan Drake collection and Uncharted 4. I have an urge to replay those soon.

Have you ever played Crossout? I知 really enjoying that game.

Freyaka
01-24-2018, 03:35 PM
Have you ever played Crossout? I’m really enjoying that game.

I haven't, I remember seeing it awhile back though. Since it's Free to play from the looks of things, I might have to snag it and check it out.