PDA

View Full Version : VJ has team practice indoors??? WTF?

ShaneFalco
12-09-2017, 11:55 PM
Vance Joseph gets snippy when asked about Broncos practice
In his latest questionable decision, Joseph had the team practicing indoors on two occasions this week.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/vance-joseph-gets-snippy-when-asked-about-broncos-practice/

Feeling the pressure of a horrific season, combined with John Elway's public display of dismay, embroiled Broncos coach Vance Joseph is beginning to crack.

In his latest questionable decision, Joseph had the team practicing indoors on two occasions this week. He, of course, was asked about the change to the routine, to which he responded in extra saucy fashion.

“I like it," he said Friday. "[Vice President of Public and Community Relations] Patrick [Smyth] was telling me it costs $35 million to build it, so why not use it (laughing)? Our guys enjoy it. They go fast inside. It wasn’t cold today, it was actually beautiful out today. It’s just practice, right? It doesn’t mean much (laughing). Games are what matters. Who cares where we go?”

Joseph, who's become something of a meme with his constant references to practice, has finally learned weekday sessions don't translate to games. It took him three months and nine (mostly inexplicable) losses, but he got there. Baby steps.

ShaneFalco
12-10-2017, 12:08 AM
“It’s cold," he said, laughing. "But on a serious note, you want guys to be able to focus. You want an environment where they can learn and where coaches can teach. When it’s cold, it’s tough and when it’s warmer, it’s more comfortable. It was cold.”:shocked:

slim
12-10-2017, 12:14 AM
Leader of men

Hawgdriver
12-10-2017, 12:34 AM
I'm starting to warm up to this guy.

dogfish
12-10-2017, 12:41 AM
I'm starting to warm up to this guy.

only winners get wings!

slim
12-10-2017, 01:09 AM
He can't talk a good game, but at least he is a terrible coach.

MOtorboat
12-10-2017, 01:12 AM
Oh.

The horror.

ShaneFalco
12-10-2017, 01:19 AM
Oh.

The horror.

https://media.giphy.com/media/lwaISdfIGQfgA/giphy.gif

MOtorboat
12-10-2017, 01:21 AM
Seriously, it's going to be 60 at kickoff. I don't think it matters where they practice.

slim
12-10-2017, 01:22 AM
Oh.

The horror.

Once upon a time you dressed so fine
Threw the bums a dime in your prime, didn't you?
People call say 'beware doll, you're bound to fall'
You thought they were all kidding you

Hawgdriver
12-10-2017, 01:33 AM
How does it feel?

Northman
12-10-2017, 08:45 AM
Meh, they are soft players and besides at the end of the year everyone gets participation trophies so everyone wins!

BroncoWave
12-10-2017, 09:20 AM
Eh, of all the very legitimate things to slam VJ on, I don't think this is one. Like Mo said, it's not like the game is going to be cold today. I'm sure our super bowl winning team in 15 practiced inside some too.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-10-2017, 09:24 AM
How does it feel?

The oregonal was hot. My throat felt like fire for a few minutes

GEM
12-10-2017, 10:08 AM
Seriously, it's going to be 60 at kickoff. I don't think it matters where they practice.

It matters when an already soft team gets babied. Oh those poor guys might get cold and lose focus. And it's even more disturbing that the call to do this came from upstairs, shows its not just VJ, but also those in management.

Northman
12-10-2017, 10:24 AM
It matters when an already soft team gets babied. Oh those poor guys might get cold and lose focus. And it's even more disturbing that the call to do this came from upstairs, shows its not just VJ, but also those in management.

Im with you there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k_13YQUrAI

Ziggy
12-10-2017, 10:43 AM

The other issue is that he wants them to be able to focus on improving and coaching...neither of which this staff has been able to accomplish to date.

MOtorboat
12-10-2017, 10:53 AM
The other issue is that he wants them to be able to focus on improving and coaching...neither of which this staff has been able to accomplish to date.

I’d argue changing things up is probably a good thing in the middle of an eight-game losing streak. Besides, practicing outdoors in the cold doesn’t make anyone tough. It just makes them cold.

Northman
12-10-2017, 11:03 AM
I’d argue changing things up is probably a good thing in the middle of an eight-game losing streak. Besides, practicing outdoors in the cold doesn’t make anyone tough. It just makes them cold.

I disagree.

Practicing outdoors not only gets you used to the elements (being cold) but also allows you to adjust how you play due to the elements. Catching or carrying a football indoors is vastly different than doing so out in colder weather. Getting hit in 70 degree weather is vastly different than getting hit in 30 degree weather and so on. Just last Thursday the HC of the Falcons had his team practice outdoors even though they were playing indoors vs the Saints and the reason was he didnt want them to get to comfortable and become lazy which is easy to do in warmer climates.

MOtorboat
12-10-2017, 11:53 AM
I disagree.

Practicing outdoors not only gets you used to the elements (being cold) but also allows you to adjust how you play due to the elements. Catching or carrying a football indoors is vastly different than doing so out in colder weather. Getting hit in 70 degree weather is vastly different than getting hit in 30 degree weather and so on. Just last Thursday the HC of the Falcons had his team practice outdoors even though they were playing indoors vs the Saints and the reason was he didnt want them to get to comfortable and become lazy which is easy to do in warmer climates.

Kickoff temp for today’s game is 62.

Northman
12-10-2017, 12:07 PM
Kickoff temp for today’s game is 62.

Guess you missed the last part of my post.

MOtorboat
12-10-2017, 12:12 PM
Guess you missed the last part of my post.

No. I read it. I think we passed the point of comfortable and lazy with this Broncos team a long time ago, and that sort of psyche thing is kind of worthless at this point. Practicing outdoors the last eight weeks hasn’t done shit.

aberdien
12-10-2017, 12:36 PM
They should just not practice IMO.

Nomad
12-10-2017, 12:39 PM

Whining just to whine. Is this what BRONCO fans have become?

MOtorboat
12-10-2017, 12:43 PM
They should just not practice IMO.

Would that be their best week of practice yet?

aberdien
12-10-2017, 12:54 PM
Would that be their best week of practice yet?

Couldn't be any worse!

GEM
12-10-2017, 01:00 PM
Whining just to whine. Is this what BRONCO fans have become?

Should we just settle into losing? I don't think anyone is whining, I think it's questioning the tactics of a coach and management who have lost a historical number of times in a row.

Nomad
12-10-2017, 01:03 PM
Should we just settle into losing? I don't think anyone is whining, I think it's questioning the tactics of a coach and management who have lost a historical number of times in a row.

Creating an issue practicing indoors? Come on, GEM. That's called nitpicking and whining just to whine. I get no one likes VJ, and Elway will do what he thinks best, but teams practice indoors often. I don't see the issue.

Cugel
12-10-2017, 01:04 PM
Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post

Do fans really believe that making them practice in the cold is going to make this team "tougher" in any meaningful way? This is so self evidently nonsense that I can only imagine that fans just want to punish the players. "You suck! I paid good money for these tickets and you're losing all these games! You should be made to suffer in the cold! #@&%^&$#@#@!!!"

They are "soft" because they aren't very good, because they aren't very well coached on game day, because they have lost for so long now that they are expecting to lose.

And losing generates a belief in losing, just like winning builds confidence in winning. The Broncos won the SB in no small part because they always believed they would do it. If you expect to lose, if you are battling in your own mind the feeling of "here we go again!" the minute anything bad happens, you are already more than 1/2 way to losing.

There is no solution to this problem except to blow up the locker-room and rebuild with players who will totally buy in to the idea Elway wants to instill that this organization is a perennial winning franchise, one of a handful that expect to be in the SB hunt every year.

As opposed to franchises like the Cleveland Browns or some of the other bottom feeding franchises, where they just want the stock value of their team, and their team revenues to go up. It's just an investment to them.

They need a new coaching regime, and about 1/2 the roster needs to go. Not because some of those players might not be useful, but because they don't really want to be here. And if they don't then they become locker-room cancers. They become the guys who won't put in the extra work, who whisper behind the coaches' back, who are last to arrive and first to leave the facility.

Why should they care, what are you going to do? Trade or cut me? I want out of here anyway!

You can't have players like that on the roster and after this season, there are quite a lot of Broncos who fit that category. And Elway & the new coach are going to have to sort that all out. Figure out who really wants to be here, and who doesn't.

And ruthlessly purge those who don't. We know Elway will do that because he said when Osweiler left town "I want guys who want to be here." He still does.

UnderArmour
12-10-2017, 01:49 PM
Creating an issue practicing indoors? Come on, GEM. That's called nitpicking and whining just to whine. I get no one likes VJ, and Elway will do what he thinks best, but teams practice indoors often. I don't see the issue.

Hey man. Practice is the one thing this team has going for it. This team has won nearly every single practice of this football season. The coaching staff has put so much emphasis on practice, that I almost feel like the NFL should have stepped in here to prevent a lack of fairness. Our team is on a historic run of practice success, shouldn't the NFL step in to stop Vance Joseph from cheating the system by keeping his team out of the elements during practice? Doesn't that give us an advantage in practice?

Vance Joseph is basically a cheater for letting his team practice inside. Can't believe the NFL is letting us win practice this way.

dogfish
12-10-2017, 02:24 PM

i'm starting to think the lack of reverse MOjo threads has been the real problem with the team this year. . . :coffee:

MOtorboat
12-10-2017, 02:27 PM
i'm starting to think the lack of reverse MOjo threads has been the real problem with the team this year. . . :coffee:

I changed things up today. We’ll see how it goes, because I also changed things up twice before and nothing. I don’t think any mojo has hold of this shitty team.

ShaneFalco
12-10-2017, 03:32 PM
i wonder if they had hot chocolate inside

BroncoWave
12-10-2017, 03:37 PM
What a soft bunch of pansies that 2015 team was for practicing indoors. Now we see why that team went nowhere. Wait...

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/12/31/broncos-practice-inside-during-final-practice-of-2015/

Broncos practiced indoors again today, and the big story this week, with Brock Osweiler as the starter and Peyton Manning as the backup.

BroncoWave
12-10-2017, 07:53 PM
Black hole this shit.

ShaneFalco
12-10-2017, 07:55 PM
No keep it to remember to practice inside.

GEM
12-10-2017, 08:09 PM
I already apologized to nomad and posted to practice indoors from here on out. :lol:

Northman
12-10-2017, 08:10 PM
Why apologize? I dont get that thinking.

GEM
12-10-2017, 08:14 PM
Because nomad is my buddy and he's been persistently optimistic and in this case he was right, practicing inside led to a win.

Northman
12-10-2017, 08:15 PM
Because nomad is my buddy and he's been persistently optimistic and in this case he was right, practicing inside led to a win.

You mean he just got lucky. He's been predicting wins for the last 8 weeks. :lol:

GEM
12-10-2017, 08:17 PM
You mean he just got lucky. He's been predicting wins for the last 8 weeks. :lol:

You give nomad this win, north! He's got damn earned it!!!

dogfish
12-10-2017, 08:29 PM

i was THIS close to telling you not to sass nomad. . . :lol:

GEM
12-10-2017, 08:48 PM
i was THIS close to telling you not to sass nomad. . . :lol:

I love me some nomad!

FanInAZ
12-10-2017, 11:06 PM
Im with you there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k_13YQUrAI

I was in the kitchen trying to do my math homework while my dad cheered those :defense: TDs :lol: