PDA

View Full Version : Pretty cool and insightful comment by Mecklenburg

Northman
12-09-2017, 08:12 AM
Plus, i love the picture.

https://scontent.fphl2-4.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/24899815_2006815262663704_4753700016806479918_n.jp g?oh=4675ffe0b3e152cb851802f0e3eb56e1&oe=5AD227F1

KARL'S INSIGHT....

Character and lack of character are exposed by failure. All who challenge themselves risk failure. Those with character bounce back and risk again. While the storm rages around them, men with character look within, take a step forward, and lead by example. Success is overcoming obstacles on the way to your dreams. Now is the time for Broncos with character to lead. They will be the Broncos hope for future success.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-09-2017, 12:57 PM
Thanks for sharing. It’s not a popular opinion, but character matters. It doesn’t mean those who lack leadership can’t be great player (Von), but the Broncos need players to lead right now, and the only one I see doing that is Wolfe.

MasterShake
12-09-2017, 02:23 PM
Thanks for sharing. It’s not a popular opinion, but character matters. It doesn’t mean those who lack leadership can’t be great player (Von), but the Broncos need players to lead right now, and the only one I see doing that is Wolfe.

Just going on locker room reports and such, but it doesn't sound like Von "lacks" leadership it's just that some people lead in different ways. Von has been reported to rally teammates in the locker room and on the field, but I think what they are missing is not leadership in that sense but accountability. John Elway was never a vocal leader, but he lead by example and how he applied himself on and off the field. You didn't want to let him down and he pulled the rest of the team up to his level. Manning did something similar but was much more of a vocal leader. Right now there is no accountability, just BS excuses. It still sounds like some of them are mad that TJ Ward was cut. That did leave a leadership vacuum, but they need to get over it and start playing for each other again.

pnbronco
12-09-2017, 04:20 PM
Plus, i love the picture.

https://scontent.fphl2-4.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/24899815_2006815262663704_4753700016806479918_n.jp g?oh=4675ffe0b3e152cb851802f0e3eb56e1&oe=5AD227F1

I love this.....thanks North....

topscribe
12-09-2017, 06:03 PM
And now Wolfe is gone for the season . . .

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-09-2017, 06:12 PM
And now Wolfe is gone for the season . . .
Yep

dogfish
12-09-2017, 07:28 PM
his philosophical tome will be titled Songs of the Snowgoose. . .

Hawgdriver
12-09-2017, 09:36 PM
his philosophical tome will be titled Songs of the Snowgoose. . .

ok, I need an explanation

dogfish
12-09-2017, 09:40 PM
ok, I need an explanation

snowgoose was one of his nicknames. . .

Hawgdriver
12-09-2017, 09:41 PM
snowgoose was one of his nicknames. . .

I wonder how he got it.

Dapper Dan
12-10-2017, 09:45 AM
Our obstacle just happens to be shitty coaching.

GEM
12-10-2017, 09:52 AM
Karl is one of the best follows on Facebook, I've talked to my favorite player a few times on there.

GEM
12-10-2017, 09:57 AM
What they are missing is a single leader like that on offense. Not a single guy like that on offense that is starting. Sanders is the closest to that kind of leader, but he manifests it as me first bravado. I've heard Brock is that type of leader, but you can't lead a team from the bench.

In the past, that kind of leader was Nalen, he lead that line with as close to a nasty mean streak as you could get.
Shannon Sharpe made the men around him better, made them believe they could do anything. Even Jake Plummer, the locker room believed in him, he was their guy, and you could see they were angry when Shanny benched him. Rod Smith.

That leadership left when Manning left and not a single player has stepped in to fill that.

Ziggy
12-10-2017, 10:41 AM
Yes, leadership, fire, passion, will to win......

https://nbccollegefootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/630817792-e1488321603697.jpg?w=610&h=343&crop=1

Northman
12-10-2017, 10:47 AM
Yes, leadership, fire, passion, will to win......

https://nbccollegefootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/630817792-e1488321603697.jpg?w=610&h=343&crop=1

Is that who you like best out of the QB class?

Ziggy
12-10-2017, 11:01 AM
Is that who you like best out of the QB class?

No. I like Rosen, but so will the Browns with the #1 pick. In my eyes, he's the only lock as a franchise QB 'prospect' in this draft. Mayfield has the most intangibles, but he needs some serious help with his footwork. I think he could be a Drew Brees type of player in the NFL. Others see him as Colt McCoy. I've seen him will his team to wins over and over. He has that 'it' factor. The problem is that I really don't know what his football IQ is, so I don't know how quickly he can pick up an NFL system.

I guarantee you Elway wants a franchise QB. Unfortunately, Elway has also shown that he is clueless when it comes to evaluating QBs. The Broncos are going to need one of two things to happen to get the right guy in the draft:
1. They hire some new scouts in the QB department.
2. Blind luck.

I love Mayfield. I love his passion, will to win, competitiveness, and swagger. If his football IQ is high, I think he can be a star. If it's not, he'll be a bust in the NFL.

Northman
12-10-2017, 11:10 AM
No. I like Rosen, but so will the Browns with the #1 pick. In my eyes, he's the only lock as a franchise QB 'prospect' in this draft. Mayfield has the most intangibles, but he needs some serious help with his footwork. I think he could be a Drew Brees type of player in the NFL. Others see him as Colt McCoy. I've seen him will his team to wins over and over. He has that 'it' factor. The problem is that I really don't know what his football IQ is, so I don't know how quickly he can pick up an NFL system.

I guarantee you Elway wants a franchise QB. Unfortunately, Elway has also shown that he is clueless when it comes to evaluating QBs. The Broncos are going to need one of two things to happen to get the right guy in the draft:
1. They hire some new scouts in the QB department.
2. Blind luck.

I love Mayfield. I love his passion, will to win, competitiveness, and swagger. If his football IQ is high, I think he can be a star. If it's not, he'll be a bust in the NFL.

I like Rosen a lot too so i hope the Browns get a case of the stupids and go elsewhere or we can find a way to trade up to them for the pick. I would give them all 3 of our QB's and DT to get Rosen.

Cugel
12-10-2017, 01:50 PM
I like Rosen a lot too so i hope the Browns get a case of the stupids and go elsewhere or we can find a way to trade up to them for the pick. I would give them all 3 of our QB's and DT to get Rosen.

It wouldn't be very stupid of the Browns to draft a T with their #1 overall pick, or even better, trade down and take both a T and a QB. In fact, that's exactly what they should do.

Joe Thomas just got injured for the first time in his career, but next year is his last under contract, and he's talked about retirement after his contract is done. He'll be 35 then. He could probably play another year or two after that, but why would he want to if he's just taking more Cleveland beating without ever having a chance to win anything?

So, drafting another 10 year franchise T they can groom at Rt and then slide him over to LT when Thomas retires is probably the best move they make. They won't want to use the #1 overall pick on a T, so they'll try and trade down.

They have a ton of draft picks, but they also need impact players they can only get near the top of the first round. T, DE monster pass rusher, and a QB.

But, if they just grab a QB with the top pick, then he will wilt under the pressure of playing with no talent on offense, just like all the other Cleveland QBs have done the last 10 years. 0-16 means no talent. 3-13 means lousy talent, but it's hard to lose EVERY game, even those against other bad teams. Doing that means truely garbage talent.

And they just indicated they don't think their talent level is any good by firing their GM Sashi Brown and hiring John Dorsey, but KEEPING coach Hue Jackson.

"It would be foolish to think Hue Jackson forgot how to coach when the Browns hired him from the Bengals, so if he made a case that the roster he was given was lacking, he clearly won the day."

If that is the case, then they need a lot more than just a QB and that means they need TWO first round picks if they can get them. And they can do that by trading down out of the #1 spot, then using their top pick on an impact player, then trading back up into the first round to grab a QB later. They will certainly have the draft ammo to do that.

Could Denver trade up from #4 into the #1 pick? Maybe, if Elway just falls in love with a QB he can only get #1 overall. If on the other hand he likes a guy he can get lower in the round, then he could easily trade back and acquire more picks.