PDA

View Full Version : 'No surviving.'

ShaneFalco
12-04-2017, 07:53 PM
Vance Joseph's new motto for the struggling Broncos may be the worst in sports history

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/12/nfl-broncos-vance-joseph-motto-no-surviving

BroncoWave
12-04-2017, 07:54 PM
lolwut

ShaneFalco
12-04-2017, 07:55 PM
https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/937773570930778112

LawDog
12-04-2017, 08:08 PM
Does this mean he recognizes that there is no way he survives this?

MOtorboat
12-04-2017, 08:10 PM
This bodes well.

Hawgdriver
12-04-2017, 08:17 PM
Reminds me of 'freedom!' from Braveheart.

Cugel
12-04-2017, 08:22 PM
A more literal translation of this weeks motto might be: "There are no survivors on this Broncos roster!"

And next weeks motto will be "Here's to failure! Dilly! Dilly!"

John Elway absolutely does not want to fire Vance Joseph, but if the team goes 3-13 after starting 3-1, losing 12 straight? It will simply be impossible to keep Joseph as coach. I'd say if he wins 1 more game, he could keep his job. I.e. if the team goes 4-12 Elway tries to keep Joseph on as head coach. Don't laugh, it's happened before.

But, I don't know that a head coach has taken a 9-7 team only 1 year removed from winning the SB, crashed and burned the team, going 3-13 or 4-12 and still keep his job though.

They got trolled by Jay Cutler. Jay Cutler! The "I Don't Care!" man himself! Remember that Jay Cutler has sucked all season long and hasn't cared, at all, about the torrent of ridicule and abuse directed at him. He has never cared, that's why he never became a Hall of Fame QB despite having a LOT more physical talent than Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. If the Broncos got any consistent pressure on him, so that the game isn't FUN for him, he quits mentally. Of course, the opposite happened. They let him score TDs and get into a rhythm.

Cugel
12-04-2017, 08:25 PM
This bodes well.

Oh, well. We're rather past the healing power of helpful mottoes at this point.

Bronco4ever
12-04-2017, 08:30 PM
On some level, you have to hand it to Vance Joseph. He's all in on this being a terrible head coach thing. You don't just get this bad and incompetent by accident. He really put a lot of time and effort to get where he's at! :D

Hawgdriver
12-04-2017, 09:38 PM
On some level, you have to hand it to Vance Joseph. He's all in on this being a terrible head coach thing. You don't just get this bad and incompetent by accident. He really put a lot of time and effort to get where he's at! :D

Part of you knows that VJ will be the HC come next Sept 1 and will have to recruit hope for a winning season...

BeefStew25
12-04-2017, 09:41 PM
Jack Del Rio had an ax and a block of wood in the locker room in Jax. The punter effed himself up.

dogfish
12-04-2017, 11:11 PM
Jack Del Rio had an ax and a block of wood in the locker room in Jax. The punter effed himself up.

keep chopping wood!

lol, that shit was classic. . .

dogfish
12-04-2017, 11:17 PM
Part of you knows that VJ will be the HC come next Sept 1 and will have to recruit hope for a winning season...

since he survived this week, i am putting his odds at 77.7%. . . even if he happens to steal another win, i haven't seen anything from him to justify keeping him around. . . but given the financials, the bad PR, and the continuity conerns that all go along with firing him, i think he most likely comes back for another year. . . i also think that if he does, we are probably gonna lose a lot of games again. . . if it comes to that, we can just think of it as john taking his medicine-- he let the hubris go wild after we landed peyton, this may be the gnarly brain and spirit enema he needs to get his head back in the right place. . . we come out of it with two years worth of top-five picks in every round, and a wiser head honcho. . . and get back to winning. . . works for me, eh?

Hawgdriver
12-04-2017, 11:25 PM
. . . we come out of it with two years worth of top-five picks in every round, and a wiser head honcho. . . and get back to winning. . . works for me, eh?

The get back to winning part sounds great.

This organization desperately needs to fill the QB position with a winner and a leader.

Cugel--you see that? 15 words in the 2d sentence bro. Says it all.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-04-2017, 11:51 PM
A few weeks ago, GEM renamed our QB. Hence he’s been referred to as ****face.

Dogfish renamed the HC earlier today with a brilliant, yet totally suiting nickname. He shall now and forever be “clownshoes”.

Buff
12-05-2017, 12:31 AM
I think we're maybe piling on a little too much here. I listened to this interview in context and he was essentially just trying to say "let's not coast through the remaining games - do more than just survive, play winning football."

Now his slogan obviously sucks, but I cut him a tiny bit of slack for handling his press availability with class in a pretty impossible situation. And I think he's probably still a good guy and good football coach who has been promoted out of his depth. Peter principled. It can happen to any of us.

LawDog
12-05-2017, 12:40 AM
Coming out of the bye it was “more.” VJ doesn’t have a great track record at this.

dogfish
12-05-2017, 12:43 AM
I think we're maybe piling on a little too much here. I listened to this interview in context and he was essentially just trying to say "let's not coast through the remaining games - do more than just survive, play winning football."

Now his slogan obviously sucks, but I cut him a tiny bit of slack for handling his press availability with class in a pretty impossible situation. And I think he's probably still a good guy and good football coach who has been promoted out of his depth. Peter principled. It can happen to any of us.

come on! :laugh: the only joy we have left in this putrid disaster of a season is mocking vance's ineptitude. . . now you want to shame us out of that? i call BS. . . it's far too late to expect us to behave like decent people, and you should know that. . .

or are you just getting soft on vance because you just remembered he's also a Buff?

Hawgdriver
12-05-2017, 12:47 AM

You hit the crux of it. He's a good guy. I like his class during this hardship. There's tons of them that have lost their shit by now. Sucks that he can't win. I secretly hope he somehow cocoons himself out of this whole fiasco.

I think he's a 'correct process' guy, but he's not a winner.

I don't envy Elway now, trying to find both winning coach and winning QB.

Buff
12-05-2017, 12:48 AM
come on! :laugh: the only joy we have left in this putrid disaster of a season is mocking vance's ineptitude. . . now you want to shame us out of that? i call BS. . . it's far too late to expect us to behave like decent people, and you should know that. . .

or are you just getting soft on vance because you just remembered he's also a Buff?

I still would have fired his ass today...

I'm just saying that if you heard the interview I don't think it's as ridiculous as it comes across with no context. I'd rather pile on for taking those idiotic timeouts or for playing McKenzie, or for dapping up Gase after the game.

MOtorboat
12-05-2017, 12:48 AM
You hit the crux of it. He's a good guy. I like his class during this hardship. Sucks that he can't win now. I secretly hope he somehow cocoons himself out of this whole fiasco.

I think he's a 'correct process' guy, but he's not a winner.

I don't envy Elway now, trying to find both winning coach and winning QB.

So, would you say you're on the "bring him back next season to see if 2017 was a fluke" bandwagon?

Hawgdriver
12-05-2017, 12:54 AM
So, would you say you're on the "bring him back next season to see if 2017 was a fluke" bandwagon?

More of a bring him back because one year is too short a turnover cycle guy. What is going on this year is not fluky but is evidence of complete dysfunction. We have seen enough for a dismissal at this point to not raise an eyebrow.

One year gives an opportunity to see if he can use the offseason to make serious adjustments to his in-season flow.

You?

MOtorboat
12-05-2017, 12:55 AM
More of a bring him back because one year is too short a turnover cycle guy. What is going on this year is not fluky but is evidence of complete dysfunction. We have seen enough for a dismissal at this point to not raise an eyebrow.

One year gives an opportunity to see if he can use the offseason to make serious adjustments to his in-season flow.

You?

Oh, I'm on the "Fire him yesterday" bandwagon. But, the top five picks for two straight years wouldn't be bad.

Broncoknight30
12-05-2017, 04:18 AM
Reminds me of 'freedom!' from Braveheart.

Or, the exact 180 degree opposite of that.

Northman
12-05-2017, 06:47 AM

I dont know why people think the retaining VJ is a given thing. This is absolutely the worst HC performance i have ever seen including McD.

Krugan
12-05-2017, 08:35 AM
Im pretty sure after listening to the interview he wants the team to crush whats left, hence, no survivors. You know, go out there and kill the other guys and leave no doubt that this is a fluke.

Im guessing most actually get this, but I have come to seriously doubt most twitter users ability to deep think, so sorry if i offended anyone, kinda.

His idea isnt going to happen, these high payed guys with little to no guaranteed money left on contacts have no real reason to risk careers on a lost season, and pride only goes so far when your pay day is still coming. Call me cynical, but i mostly believe what i just typed, and it makes the game less enjoyable for me.

Broncoknight30
12-05-2017, 08:41 AM
Im pretty sure after listening to the interview he wants the team to crush whats left, hence, no survivors. You know, go out there and kill the other guys and leave no doubt that this is a fluke.

Im guessing most actually get this, but I have come to seriously doubt most twitter users ability to deep think, so sorry if i offended anyone, kinda.

His idea isnt going to happen, these high payed guys with little to no guaranteed money left on contacts have no real reason to risk careers on a lost season, and pride only goes so far when your pay day is still coming. Call me cynical, but i mostly believe what i just typed, and it makes the game less enjoyable for me.

Yeah, it is piling on. Cannot stand VJ as a coach, seems like a good person. Dont like piling on good people.

Dont even blame him. This is really on Elway. Hate to say it, but this shit really starts with him.

slim
12-05-2017, 08:43 AM

Shut up.

Tned
12-05-2017, 08:59 AM

You?

The head coach can't block pass rushers nor hit receivers in stride. If he doesn't have linemen who can actually pass block to put in the game nor a QB that can complete passes, what is he supposed to do.

I haven't been overly impressed with VJ, but this isn't all on him.

Davii
12-05-2017, 09:10 AM
The head coach can't block pass rushers nor hit receivers in stride. If he doesn't have linemen who can actually pass block to put in the game nor a QB that can complete passes, what is he supposed to do.

I haven't been overly impressed with VJ, but this isn't all on him.

From the SB to where we are, no. However, from 9-7 to wherever we end up... Yes. He was handed a 9-7 team that (on paper) should have held ground if not improved with the right coaching. It's been a dumpster fire.

Tbolt
12-05-2017, 09:41 AM
Well, there is no surviving this season. He’s just rubbing our noses in it at this point. If Elway brings him back, looks like my season ticket waiting list will skyrocket.

EastCoastBronco
12-07-2017, 01:19 PM
When I read Vance's inspirational words this came to mind...

Spiritguy
12-07-2017, 07:09 PM
Oh, I'm on the "Fire him yesterday" bandwagon. But, the top five picks for two straight years wouldn't be bad.
But it would be hell for all of us to have to sit through another year like this for the second one. :listen: :lol: Not sure how many of us would make it.

Cugel
12-10-2017, 02:33 PM
But it would be hell for all of us to have to sit through another year like this for the second one. :listen: :lol: Not sure how many of us would make it.

More importantly for Elway, HE might not make it! ONE such year is bad enough, but if they go out and do it again - that's totally on Elway.