PDA

View Full Version : McAdoo Fire Watch

Shazam!
12-03-2017, 12:26 PM
Reports out of NY here is that NYG are going to fire Coach Ben McAdoo tomorrow morning regardless of outcome at Oakland today.

Any chance it may start a chain reaction after the first team fires a Coach midseason? Any chance Elway and the Broncos follow suit?

Joseph is horrible. He gtg. I think Elway will not keep him, just a matter of when.

Nomad
12-03-2017, 12:36 PM
Joseph is looking like a mistake, but I'd be surprised if Elway fires Joseph this year.

Hawgdriver
12-03-2017, 12:39 PM
Reports out of NY here is that NYG are going to fire Coach Ben McAdoo tomorrow morning regardless of outcome at Oakland today.

Any chance it may start a chain reaction after the first team fires a Coach midseason? Any chance Elway and the Broncos follow suit?

Joseph is horrible. He gtg. I think Elway will not keep him, just a matter of when.

I've come to learn this last month that your favorite thing to discuss is how you admire Vance Joseph.

chazoe60
12-03-2017, 12:50 PM
Get used to VJ because he's going to get at least two seasons.

Nomad
12-03-2017, 12:59 PM
Get used to VJ because he's going to get at least two seasons.

After today's win, it'll solidify another season for him.

aberdien
12-03-2017, 01:42 PM
I could see VJ not getting another year if we lose out, but we'll probably win 1 or 2 more.

ShaneFalco
12-03-2017, 01:59 PM
if VJ isnt gone after today. i think im done watching till he is fired.

Hawgdriver
12-03-2017, 01:59 PM
if VJ isnt gone after today. i think im done watching till he is fired.

bye!

Shazam!
12-03-2017, 02:01 PM
I think if another Team fires their Coach Elway may follow.

Hawgdriver
12-03-2017, 02:07 PM

Because he's a whichever way the wind blows kind of guy?

ShaneFalco
12-03-2017, 02:16 PM
dude fired john fox after losing a SB.

Why wouldnt he fire a coach after losing 8 games in a row?

Hawgdriver
12-03-2017, 02:17 PM
dude fired john fox after losing a SB.

Why wouldnt he fire a coach after losing 8 games in a row?

Because it's an admission of failure, he doesn't like to make those.

Shazam!
12-03-2017, 03:17 PM

Because he's a whichever way the wind blows kind of guy?

Because the Broncos won't set the precedent.

Hawgdriver
12-03-2017, 03:38 PM

That is dumb. Fire him or don't.

UnderArmour
12-03-2017, 04:06 PM
Give Eric Studesville the reigns as soon as the plane lands. Tell Vance to pack up his office tonight.

Buff
12-03-2017, 04:14 PM
VJ gets fired before McAdoo. Watch.

Shazam!
12-03-2017, 04:15 PM

That is dumb. Fire him or don't.

They may act after another team does so they are not setting the precedent. I think at this point how else do you show this as being unacceptable? VJ has major culpability.

UnderArmour
12-03-2017, 04:19 PM
I don't know how Elway can possibly let this guy continue to coach this team. There's 4 games left, and a lot evaluation that needs to be done of players heading into next season. Vance Joseph has clearly shown he should not be part of our future, the only RIGHT thing for Elway to do is to fire Vance Joseph and promote someone else to close this year out while decisions are made. This is more pathetic than the Josh McDaniels era. It's one thing to get blown out by the Eagles or the Patriots, but getting blown out by teams like the Chargers and the Dolphins?

Pull the plug before this franchise loses all semblance of respectability. This team is playing with ZERO pride right now.

Cugel
12-03-2017, 04:59 PM
Joseph is looking like a mistake, but I'd be surprised if Elway fires Joseph this year.

I don't think it will help if they fire him after the season either. It's bad to change coaches every year, and now we will have been through 5 coaches in 6 years:

2010 - McMoron
2011-2014 Fox
2015-16 Kubiak
2017 VJ
2018 - New coach?

If they do that it will convince every veteran on the defense that they want to leave town!

They are already losing Talib and Brandon Marshall after this season, and they could lose others (Todd Davis?)

Players from other teams will not want to come here to a coaching carousel.

But, if they keep VJ that is going to put him under enormous pressure not to suck next season, because if he gets another chance, he's going to have to come out and win early or he will certainly be fired during the season. He won't last another year like this one if he survives this year.

Cugel
12-03-2017, 05:09 PM
I don't know how Elway can possibly let this guy continue to coach this team. There's 4 games left, and a lot evaluation that needs to be done of players heading into next season. Vance Joseph has clearly shown he should not be part of our future, the only RIGHT thing for Elway to do is to fire Vance Joseph and promote someone else to close this year out while decisions are made. This is more pathetic than the Josh McDaniels era. It's one thing to get blown out by the Eagles or the Patriots, but getting blown out by teams like the Chargers and the Dolphins?

Pull the plug before this franchise loses all semblance of respectability. This team is playing with ZERO pride right now.

If the team gets blown out in every single game from here on, then I don't see how Elway can keep VJ either. At some point you just have to leave town. And Elway will try and get another John Fox - an experienced coach who will come in and right the ship and make sensible coaching decisions, even if they are not brilliant. He will get players playing together and in the right alignment.

That's what he's got to do. It clearly was a bad mistake to bring in a rookie head coach at the same time you have a major transition at QB and on the offense, and losing massive leadership from Manning, Ware and TJ Ward exits.

They need a veteran coach and that guy needs to be someone who will accept the need for an accelerated rebuilding effort, because the team must be competitive next season.

I actually think that will happen. All they need is a competent QB who doesn't throw picks like Trevor giving out Halloween candy or Paxton fleeing like a giraffe from Lions and weeping on the sidelines.

If they use a top 5 pick to draft a QB, he could turn out to be a success like the Texans got with DeShaun Watson (until he was hurt). They looked respectable up till then they might have made the playoffs. That should be the Broncos next season.

They could even accelerate the rebuilding process if they got a really GOOD QB like Kirk Cousins, but this would slow the development of their new Rookie so I don't favor it.

Hawgdriver
12-03-2017, 05:20 PM
Anyone seen any Giants games?

Hard to imagine a team playing worse than these Denver Broncos.

Northman
12-03-2017, 05:21 PM

At least they are in that game.

Nomad
12-03-2017, 05:24 PM

Cleveland made a touchdown.

Hawgdriver
12-03-2017, 05:26 PM
I don't ... see ... Elway ... just ... come .. even if ... playing together and in the right alignment.

It clearly was a bad mistake...

werd

Cugel
12-03-2017, 05:29 PM
So, to conclude, VJ needs to win another game. He can't just lose out! He must show some signs that he's getting the runaway train under control. Otherwise it's just like McMoron.

Remember McMoron started 6-0 in 2009, but then lost 8 out of 10 to go 8-8 and miss the playoffs. That put him on the hot-seat for 2009. Then he started 2010 3-9 for a 5-17 record after the 6-0 start. Then they fired him.

I imagine VJ will be fired a lot quicker than that if he keeps getting blown out in 2018. The Broncos are not used to losing games like the Cleveland Browns.

dogfish
12-03-2017, 08:21 PM
maybe we should hire mcadoo after they fire him. . . :heh:

VonDoom
12-03-2017, 10:21 PM
maybe we should hire mcadoo after they fire him. . . :heh:

Make sure Elway doesn’t read this! McAdoo is one of the very few coaches who deserve to be fired even more than VJ

Tbolt
12-04-2017, 12:49 AM
I thought Anthony Lynn was probably the worst/overmatched coach coming into the season. However he has grown into the job. Sometimes these guys just don’t have it to take that next step.

Davii
12-04-2017, 11:09 AM
I don't think it will help if they fire him after the season either. It's bad to change coaches every year, and now we will have been through 5 coaches in 6 years:

2010 - McMoron
2011-2014 Fox
2015-16 Kubiak
2017 VJ
2018 - New coach?

If they do that it will convince every veteran on the defense that they want to leave town!

They are already losing Talib and Brandon Marshall after this season, and they could lose others (Todd Davis?)

Players from other teams will not want to come here to a coaching carousel.

But, if they keep VJ that is going to put him under enormous pressure not to suck next season, because if he gets another chance, he's going to have to come out and win early or he will certainly be fired during the season. He won't last another year like this one if he survives this year.

You say five coaches in six years yet your list clearly shows 5 in 8 years. Additionally, you started with the last year of the first coach, so it's really 5 in 9 years. Admittedly not good, but Kubiak would still be our coach right now had his health been better.

Buff
12-04-2017, 11:38 AM
Damn - there goes McAdoo - guess I was wrong. What is Elway waiting for?

ShaneFalco
12-04-2017, 11:47 AM
New York Giants fire coach Ben McAdoo after 2-10 start
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000887801/article/giants-fire-coach-ben-mcadoo-gm-jerry-reese

VonDoom
12-04-2017, 11:54 AM
GM Jerry Reese fired too. They're burning it all down and starting over.

Nomad
12-04-2017, 11:58 AM
I guess McAdoo's key card won't be working.