PDA

View Full Version : Flu Bug: Wednesday Practice Win Streak OVER

UnderArmour
11-30-2017, 07:08 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/30/broncos-including-trevor-siemian-fighting-flu-bug/

But now, according to Nicki Jhabvala of the Denver Post, Siemian is one of a number of Broncos to come down with a “flu bug.”

“Hopefully guys can take care of themselves and we can get a handle on that,” coach Vance Joseph said. “It’s about four or five guys that are sick right now, especially our D-line.”

The Broncos were without six linemen in practice Wednesday with injuries or illness, which made it hard to practice. But quarterbacks get more attention because that’s just the way it is. Siemian practiced fully, however, so he should survive.

Down 6 linemen, we definitely lost practice yesterday. Our unbelievable streak of undefeated Wednesday practices surely came to a tragic end yesterday. I don't know what Vance is going to do now, he just might have to push the team to work harder during Sunday walkthrough to compensate for a poor showing yesterday. It will be interesting to see if Vance installs some new blitz packages or offensive spread looks during Sunday walkthrough after this lost Wednesday.

Hopefully, the team can get it together for a better showing next Wednesday. 6 Linemen missing Wednesday Practice is unacceptable, especially when the team was on a historic string of successful Wednesdays.

GEM
11-30-2017, 08:01 AM
Derek Wolfe's neck injury sounds serious. Still experiencing numbness in arms and legs. Shut him down for the rest of the season.

Tned
11-30-2017, 08:15 AM
Derek Wolfe's neck injury sounds serious. Still experiencing numbness in arms and legs. Shut him down for the rest of the season.

I missed the first quarter (friggin CBS changed the game on the channel I was recording). Did he get hurt in the game or was it before the game?

Freyaka
11-30-2017, 10:12 AM

From what I understand it's a re-injury of the same injury he had vs Seattle. Hopefully it is not serious enough to be career ending. It sounds that serious.

GEM
11-30-2017, 10:23 AM
I missed the first quarter (friggin CBS changed the game on the channel I was recording). Did he get hurt in the game or was it before the game?

He initially injured it the first play of the Bengals game. He said it's pretty normal for guys to hit him in the neck and back because they know of his issues. So he took the first hit then, played through and then same thing happened in Raiders game.

GEM
11-30-2017, 10:26 AM
http://http://1043thefan.com/163715/derek-wolfe-pres-by-teds-montana-grill-the-drive-112817/

Here's the interview on the Fan.

Rick
11-30-2017, 11:22 AM
Pretty shitty when people target areas of physical weakness. I get it I guess, but shitty none the less.

Buff
11-30-2017, 11:46 AM
Can't wait for one of our sycophant beat writers to relay the positive spin for the week.

Freyaka
11-30-2017, 11:55 AM
Can't wait for one of our sycophant beat writers to relay the positive spin for the week.

It'll be the most intense practice since 2015, just you wait and see!