PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Aqib Talib sees suspension reduced to 1 game

Denver Native (Carol)
11-28-2017, 08:11 PM
DENVER -- Aqib Talib fought the law, and won a measure of redemption.

NFL appeals officer James Thrash heard Talib's appeal Tuesday, and reduced the All-Pro cornerback's suspension to one game. He will sit out Sunday against Miami and return the following week when the Broncos host the New York Jets. Oakland receiver Michael Crabtree's suspension had his suspension reduced to one game as well.

Talib forfeits a weeks' salary — roughly $650,000. This represents his second suspension in Denver, as the league disciplined him for one game in 2015 for poking the eye of Indianapolis Colts tight end Dwayne Allen.

Talib struck a conciliatory tone Monday, expressing disappointment for not defusing the situation after the initial fight with Crabtree on the sideline. Teammates supported Talib, believing he had every right to defend himself after Crabtree slugged Chris Harris Jr. then engaged in a battle with Talib on the ensuing play.

rest - http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/broncos-aqib-talib-sees-suspension-reduced-to-1-game

Denver Native (Carol)
11-28-2017, 08:21 PM
From above article

The optics were bad -- a fracas spanning more than 50 yards that endangered officials and those on the sidelines. Broncos general manager John Elway defended his team and Talib's actions. Elway and coach Vance Joseph participated in Talib's appeal, sitting in the room with Talib and offering support.

"We were in there (in hearing), and from our point of view we thought Crabtree was the aggressor. He was the one who started it," Elway said on 760 AM. "Obviously, it's not something we want in our game, and I understand from the league's perspective that they don't want it. I thought that for Aqib and our team, we did a good job of handling a situation that could have been out of control. I thought Aqib did everything that he could possibly do to stay out of the fracas, and Crabtree kept coming after him."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/broncos-aqib-talib-sees-suspension-reduced-to-1-game?page=2

BeefStew25
11-28-2017, 09:39 PM
Talib needs to be back here next year.

Davii
11-28-2017, 10:02 PM
Talib needs to be back here next year.

This. I believe he will be, Elway went to bat with him at the league office. That speaks volumes about how Elway feels about him and will hopefully garner loyalty from Aqib.

BeefStew25
11-29-2017, 08:54 AM
Talib kicks and screams. He’s priceless. And his play hasn’t dropped off.