PDA

View Full Version : First Move This Offseason.....

WARHORSE
11-28-2017, 02:17 PM
Whats your first move?

Mine:

Fire Joseph, hire Wade Phillips as head coach.

There really is no other choice in my opinion at this time. Phillips can help bring Woods along in his scheme and playcalling on the defensive side while restoring a head that the players respect.

I think in the eyes of the players it would be Elway saying, "I made a mistake", which I think would be good for all. The defense has not been the same without him. Defensive playcalling is paramount to good defense.....Wade is a stud...Woods is up and comer but lacks the experience.

Phillips has been in this role before and many would question his record, (justifiably) but this is the age of learning or get run over.

Phillips knows the ropes, and having someone who knows the ropes goes a LOOOOOONG way to bringing stability to a team.

This way Woods can still be brought along as a DC, and we keep our defensive identity.

The OC would be critical of course going forward, not to mention getting Cousins under lock and key and about 15 new Olinemen.

Magnificent Seven
11-28-2017, 02:32 PM
Mine:

Fire Vance Joseph. Hire Jim Harbaugh. Do the blockbuster trade with Indianapolis Colts to get QB Andrew Luck.

11495 11497

Buff
11-28-2017, 02:38 PM
Mine:

Fire Vance Joseph. Hire Jim Harbaugh. Do the blockbuster trade with Indianapolis Colts to get QB Andrew Luck.

11495 11497

Von for Luck. Straight up.

Magnificent Seven
11-28-2017, 02:42 PM

Or trade 1st round pick for Luck?

Buff
11-28-2017, 02:43 PM
Or trade 1st round pick for Luck?

They aren't going to trade Luck. It ain't gonna happen for any price... But if we make them an offer they can't refuse like the (second or third) best pass rusher in the league, maybe.

WARHORSE
11-28-2017, 02:52 PM
Mine:

11495 11497

Jesse Supolu is a local voice here on the islands at times. He was at a Chamber of Commerce function here once answering different questions for media and citizens. I had a friend, big football fan who worked for the Chamber and was there.
They asked Jesse why he thought Harbaugh was let go from the 49ers. He paused, and was debating whether he was going to answer the question at all, but finally said, "Theres a big difference between managing young college recruits and multimillionaires. Grown men with families. I think Harbaugh struggled with that."

For that reason. I would not vote for Harbaugh.

Shazam!
11-28-2017, 02:59 PM
Phillips isnt coming back. Move on.

tripp
11-28-2017, 03:07 PM
Phillips has made it clear that he's good with just being a DC, not HC.

Would make a play for a Vet QB. Defense is still in SB shape, missing a few pieces you can get in draft or FA. Vet QB can mask some problems on O-line (Peyton was able to). Make a play for Rivers, Smith, Luck, or Cousins.

O-line is so bad that I don't think it matters what coach you bring in. I do admit I think it's strange that you even hire a rookie HC to lead a team that HAD aspirations of making a run for a SB.

underrated29
11-28-2017, 03:13 PM
I dont blame Vance for having the worst qb and oline combo in the league. I do not want to be like the browns and dolphins hiring and firing new coaches each year. We have a talent problem, not (maybe) a coaching problem.

My move is to get a QB that does not suck ass and a RT to boot! Once I have those and a G in place I will evaluate the coaching, but I find it crazy that everyone seems to think Vance is the reason we are losing or that he is doing some terrible mcdaniels job. Our offense cant score, the season is over and the defense is mailing it in. I would too.

We know what a QB does to a team- look at GB or Houston, when you dont have a good one you suck.

MOtorboat
11-28-2017, 03:21 PM
Phillips isnt coming back. Move on.

Well, he's no Rick Dennison.

Buff
11-28-2017, 03:23 PM
I dont blame Vance for having the worst qb and oline combo in the league. I do not want to be like the browns and dolphins hiring and firing new coaches each year. We have a talent problem, not (maybe) a coaching problem.

My move is to get a QB that does not suck ass and a RT to boot! Once I have those and a G in place I will evaluate the coaching, but I find it crazy that everyone seems to think Vance is the reason we are losing or that he is doing some terrible mcdaniels job. Our offense cant score, the season is over and the defense is mailing it in. I would too.

We know what a QB does to a team- look at GB or Houston, when you dont have a good one you suck.

I don't understand why you always held McCoy's feet to the fire but are willing to give VJ a pass. 7 game losing streak with this roster? That takes some straight up mismanagement.

tripp
11-28-2017, 03:44 PM
Let's add Eli Manning to that list after recent news...........

LawDog
11-28-2017, 03:47 PM
Let's add Eli Manning to that list after recent news...........

Geno Smith had to check to make sure it wasn’t April 1.

dogfish
11-28-2017, 03:56 PM
our very first move should be hiring scot mccloughan to run our drafts from now on. . . the failure of so many draft picks on offense is what created this mess, and ultimately, drafting better is the only thing that's likely to fix it. . . we all know we need a QB, and we're probably going to have a top 5-7 pick-- we need to get this right. . .

VonDoom
11-28-2017, 04:00 PM
our very first move should be hiring scot mccloughan to run our drafts from now on. . . the failure of so many draft picks on offense is what created this mess, and ultimately, drafting better is the only thing that's likely to fix it. . . we all know we need a QB, and we're probably going to have a top 5-7 pick-- we need to get this right. . .

This is probably the best answer. We need a QB for sure, but the problems for a franchise start at the top and we need to be better at drafting, especially with a high pick this year. Given our recent draft history, it's no wonder we've had diminishing returns since the Super Bowl.

Hawgdriver
11-28-2017, 04:06 PM
This is probably the best answer. We need a QB for sure, but the problems for a franchise start at the top and we need to be better at drafting, especially with a high pick this year. Given our recent draft history, it's no wonder we've had diminishing returns since the Super Bowl.

Devil's advocate here...

Isn't this the job that Kubiak is doing now? Isn't he decent at it?

VonDoom
11-28-2017, 04:10 PM
Devil's advocate here...

Good question. He was hired in July, so really, we don't know how good he is at it until he has a couple of drafts under his belt. I assume Elway still makes the final call on players, though. I dug up this from when he was hired:

Kubiak’s new role mirrors that of fellow senior personnel adviser Tom Heckert. Kubiak, who will be based in Houston and make occasional trips to Dove Valley, will focus mostly on offensive college prospects and help with the team’s evaluation in free agency. Heckert, who is based in Colorado, will do the same for the defense.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/07/25/gary-kubiak-returns-to-broncos/

Hawgdriver
11-28-2017, 04:11 PM
Good question. He was hired in July, so really, we don't know how good he is at it until he has a couple of drafts under his belt. I assume Elway still makes the final call on players, though. I dug up this from when he was hired:

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/07/25/gary-kubiak-returns-to-broncos/

Which QBs has he drafted besides Siemian--which by the way is great scouting? Any during his tenure in Houston/Baltimore? I know he wasn't a personnel guy then, but he had input I'm sure.

Hawgdriver
11-28-2017, 04:16 PM
Answer -- 2 at Houston. 7th rounder, Alex Brink and 5th rounder TJ Yates.

Buff
11-28-2017, 04:24 PM

The drunk from the Redskins? Why do we want him?

tripp
11-28-2017, 04:25 PM
Answer -- 2 at Houston. 7th rounder, Alex Brink and 5th rounder TJ Yates.

Can't really judge him on that. Late round QB's.

If he had drafted Paxton himself as lead scout, I have issues with that.

Hawgdriver
11-28-2017, 04:28 PM
If he had drafted Paxton himself as lead scout, I have issues with that.

I'd love to know the closed door discussions on that one.

underrated29
11-28-2017, 04:48 PM
I don't understand why you always held McCoy's feet to the fire but are willing to give VJ a pass. 7 game losing streak with this roster? That takes some straight up mismanagement.

What exacltly can VJ do differently? Mccoy sucked. We know he sucked. Ive known he sucked since like 6 years ago, while people thought he was a genius because he called run play after run play with tebow and we actually won a few games.

What can VJ do? We have no QB. Our team is losing because we cannot score points, plain and simple. We cannot score points because we do not have a QB who is able to move the ball. The only one we do have that can only has 1 second to make a read because the RT lets the defender by every single time, thus causing our QB to become gun shy and throw terrible balls of back feet. What can VJ do differently about this?

VJ did not draft any of the QBs that can or did play this year. VJ did not draft any of the RTs that have played this year. Our two 100% biggest weaknesses on this team. Without a doubt. That whole polish a turd thing. So what is he supposed to do?

I am not saying he is not part of the problem, but this is what he was given. When we fix it for this next year, if we suck then I will go after him, but making change for the sake of making change is stupid. No one wanted him fired when we were winning. No one said a peep about him when we crushed everyones favorites Dak prescott and the cowboys (BTW did I call that one too or what! Where ya at Wave?) Now that teams know they can send anything around the right side, and can load up against the run, because we do not have a QB do beat them any other way we are losing.

Belichek wouldnt be able to make this team play much better either. Better yes, but not much. We have a Talent problem. I have no doubt it will get fixed this next year, but for now we have no talent.

If you can show me otherwise that it is a coaching problem and not a talent problem, I will change my stance, but Ive seen this movie a bunch. It is why I referenced Miami and Cleveland and the other perennial garbage teams. Why? Because they keep wanting to blame coaches for a lack of talent instead of the other way around. SO they hire and fire coaches every few years. Never getting better. When they should have fixed the talent problem those teams had instead.

slim
11-28-2017, 04:53 PM
What exacltly can VJ do differently? Mccoy sucked. We know he sucked. Ive known he sucked since like 6 years ago, while people thought he was a genius because he called run play after run play with tebow and we actually won a few games.

What can VJ do? We have no QB. Our team is losing because we cannot score points, plain and simple. We cannot score points because we do not have a QB who is able to move the ball. The only one we do have that can only has 1 second to make a read because the RT lets the defender by every single time, thus causing our QB to become gun shy and throw terrible balls of back feet. What can VJ do differently about this?

VJ did not draft any of the QBs that can or did play this year. VJ did not draft any of the RTs that have played this year. Our two 100% biggest weaknesses on this team. Without a doubt. That whole polish a turd thing. So what is he supposed to do?

I am not saying he is not part of the problem, but this is what he was given. When we fix it for this next year, if we suck then I will go after him, but making change for the sake of making change is stupid. No one wanted him fired when we were winning. No one said a peep about him when we crushed everyones favorites Dak prescott and the cowboys (BTW did I call that one too or what! Where ya at Wave?) Now that teams know they can send anything around the right side, and can load up against the run, because we do not have a QB do beat them any other way we are losing.

Belichek wouldnt be able to make this team play much better either. Better yes, but not much. We have a Talent problem. I have no doubt it will get fixed this next year, but for now we have no talent.

If you can show me otherwise that it is a coaching problem and not a talent problem, I will change my stance, but Ive seen this movie a bunch. It is why I referenced Miami and Cleveland and the other perennial garbage teams. Why? Because they keep wanting to blame coaches for a lack of talent instead of the other way around. SO they hire and fire coaches every few years. Never getting better. When they should have fixed the talent problem those teams had instead.

Kubiak went 9-7 last year with basically the same players.

Try again.

BroncoJoe
11-28-2017, 05:06 PM
I think our first move should be to get slim slim.

underrated29
11-28-2017, 05:13 PM
Kubiak went 9-7 last year with basically the same players.

Try again.

That was my thought too.....Initially.

Wade gone vs Woods- Dont try to argue that that is basically the same
We had an easier schedule last year
Kubiak didnt have mike mccoy last year
The defense was much better last year and so was the offense.
So was the RT (as bad as that is to say)
We also had Demarcus Ware- do not discount he or his leadership
I do not recall our Punt Returner fumbling 5 times in our zone last year. Thats 35 points.

Didnt we hold the patriots to 14 points last year? Have we held anyteam to 14 points this year?
Last year was Siemians first year....(reference Dak Prescott for 1st year vs 2nd or RG3 or others)
Look at Brissett this year- if he starts again look and see what he does. It wont be good.
Did I mention Mike Mccoy???? It is amazing how he is overlooked when he is so so so so bad.
Did I mention losing Wade Phillips??? It is amazing how that is being overlooked so so so so bad.

Our offensensive ppg is worse this year. Our Defensive ppg is worse this year. Funny how we lose the best DC and gained the worst OC and the numbers correlate.
Did I mention we actually got WORSE at RT. Which I did not know was actually something that could realistically happen.

I do not need to try again. These two teams are nothing alike. May as well tell me how the super bowl year we won with Bubby Brister as the backup QB, but lost when we had brock come in for siemian.

dogfish
11-28-2017, 05:17 PM
so, VJ's staff isn't as good? he can take the blame for that, he hired the mofos! also, jordan norwood fumbled multiple punts last year. . . VJ is such a clown he should be forced to wear a red rubber nose at his pressers from now on. . .

topscribe
11-28-2017, 05:51 PM
Whats your first move?

Mine:

There really is no other choice in my opinion at this time. Phillips can help bring Woods along in his scheme and playcalling on the defensive side while restoring a head that the players respect.

I think in the eyes of the players it would be Elway saying, "I made a mistake", which I think would be good for all. The defense has not been the same without him. Defensive playcalling is paramount to good defense.....Wade is a stud...Woods is up and comer but lacks the experience.

Phillips has been in this role before and many would question his record, (justifiably) but this is the age of learning or get run over.

Phillips knows the ropes, and having someone who knows the ropes goes a LOOOOOONG way to bringing stability to a team.

This way Woods can still be brought along as a DC, and we keep our defensive identity.

The OC would be critical of course going forward, not to mention getting Cousins under lock and key and about 15 new Olinemen.
Didn't the Browns fire Belichick after his first season?

Cugel
11-28-2017, 05:52 PM
Which QBs has he drafted besides Siemian--which by the way is great scouting? Any during his tenure in Houston/Baltimore? I know he wasn't a personnel guy then, but he had input I'm sure.

I'd like to credit that drafting Siemian in the 7th round was great drafting but it wasn't. Nobody in the Broncos organization thought at the time that Siemian was anything other than a training camp arm. The fact he won the starting job was a surprise to Kubiak as well as Siemian.

And obviously, the decision to put in Trevor is due to the flat failure of Paxton to develop. That wasn't planned either.

Cugel
11-28-2017, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
Whats your first move?
Mine:

What are we now? The New York Yankees that in George Steinbrenner's dotage kept hiring and firing Billy Martin 5 different times as the Yankees manager?

Wade is a victim of the Peter Principle: that in any large organization a person who succeeds at one level will generally be promoted to a higher level until he reaches his level of incompetence.

Wade himself has acknowledged this admitting that "I'm not a very good head coach" but claiming he is a good DC. That is true. He failed as head coach with both the Broncos and Cowboys and there's no point revisiting that fiasco again.

Cugel
11-28-2017, 05:59 PM
Our offensensive ppg is worse this year. Our Defensive ppg is worse this year. Funny how we lose the best DC and gained the worst OC and the numbers correlate. Did I mention we actually got WORSE at RT. Which I did not know was actually something that could realistically happen.

I got mercilessly flamed for making that exact point during the off-season. Bitter posters ridiculed me for daring to hint that it could easily get worse from Russell Okung. Well, now I've been proven right haven't I!

Okung was far from great, but Watson was a total disaster, and then he got hurt, forcing them to play LG Allen Barbre at RT. And he is beyond horrible. The Chargers pass-rushers treated him as an invisible man.

So, the lesson is: things can always get worse, and it's wise to anticipate that possibility when planning for the future. NEVER say "well it can't get any worse" because it usually can.

underrated29
11-28-2017, 06:25 PM
so, VJ's staff isn't as good? he can take the blame for that, he hired the mofos! also, jordan norwood fumbled multiple punts last year. . . VJ is such a clown he should be forced to wear a red rubber nose at his pressers from now on. . .

Ill concede Mccoy but how many of you also liked/loved/wanted mccoy too. I do not think he hired woods. I think that was Elway.
Did norwood fumble them in our own red zone 5 times? I didnt even remember him here last year. I thought the SB year was the last time he was on the roster.

slim
11-28-2017, 06:27 PM
That was my thought too.....Initially.

Wade gone vs Woods- Dont try to argue that that is basically the same
We had an easier schedule last year
Kubiak didnt have mike mccoy last year
The defense was much better last year and so was the offense.
So was the RT (as bad as that is to say)
We also had Demarcus Ware- do not discount he or his leadership
I do not recall our Punt Returner fumbling 5 times in our zone last year. Thats 35 points.

Didnt we hold the patriots to 14 points last year? Have we held anyteam to 14 points this year?
Last year was Siemians first year....(reference Dak Prescott for 1st year vs 2nd or RG3 or others)
Look at Brissett this year- if he starts again look and see what he does. It wont be good.
Did I mention Mike Mccoy???? It is amazing how he is overlooked when he is so so so so bad.
Did I mention losing Wade Phillips??? It is amazing how that is being overlooked so so so so bad.

Our offensensive ppg is worse this year. Our Defensive ppg is worse this year. Funny how we lose the best DC and gained the worst OC and the numbers correlate.
Did I mention we actually got WORSE at RT. Which I did not know was actually something that could realistically happen.

I do not need to try again. These two teams are nothing alike. May as well tell me how the super bowl year we won with Bubby Brister as the backup QB, but lost when we had brock come in for siemian.

I agree about Wade, loosing him was a big deal.

The rest is nonsense.

NightTerror218
11-28-2017, 06:27 PM
Ill concede Mccoy but how many of you also liked/loved/wanted mccoy too. I do not think he hired woods. I think that was Elway.
Did norwood fumble them in our own red zone 5 times? I didnt even remember him here last year. I thought the SB year was the last time he was on the roster.

I tjink Elway was reason for the coaching staff 100%. He picked woods over Philips. He picked a former hc as October so rookie hc would have some help.

slim
11-28-2017, 06:28 PM
I agree about Wade, loosing him was a big deal.

The rest is nonsense.

Also, we didnt have the unstoppable Jammal Charles last year. lol

Krugan
11-28-2017, 07:22 PM
Replace garcia, and find a rt. Shoring up the Oline is a have to, its not as bad as it was, but its a pretty mediocre group as it sits.

Hope they keep Talib, but im doubting it, so find a 3rd and 2nd db, because im not sold on roby or anyone behind him.

Continue to work of the D, they sadly need a LB in the middle who can cover, and a couple guys able to push the center of the pocket. How much better was the pass rush when there was solid penetration up the middle.

Keep the damn staff as is, at some point the whole ******* team needs to develop, or is the word gel, and the revolving door policy just doesnt cut it.

I have no idea what they can do to fix the QB issue, ive been watching quite abit of college ball, and there are some interesting players, but no one that has that wow factor. And ill be honest, i was really hoping we had the answer here, in TS, but im pretty sure he wont even reach Alex Smith usefulness sadly. And Lynch just keeps on showing why he was a project, and im not sure how much projecting this team can afford to do with nothing to use in the mean time.

dogfish
11-28-2017, 07:37 PM

all this losing has made your brain into mush. . . :laugh:

norwood was here last year, and he fumbled five times
(http://www.nfl.com/player/jordannorwood/71417/profile)

dogfish
11-28-2017, 08:01 PM
Devil's advocate here...

he and heckert share the title of senior advisor. . . and matt russell is director of player personnel, and elway is the GM. . . i don't care what title scott gets, and he doesn't have to replace anyone necessarily. . . various front offices have different structures. . . i just want someone who can consistently find talent. . .

The drunk from the Redskins? Why do we want him?

because he's good at drafting! and we aren't, at least not on offense. . .

besides, what does it matter if he's a drunk? didn't one of our guys crash into a parked police car? he'd fit in perfectly with our front office culture-- i'm not sure where you were even going with that. . .

Buff
11-28-2017, 08:35 PM
he and heckert share the title of senior advisor. . . and matt russell is director of player personnel, and elway is the GM. . . i don't care what title scott gets, and he doesn't have to replace anyone necessarily. . . various front offices have different structures. . . i just want someone who can consistently find talent. . .

because he's good at drafting! and we aren't, at least not on offense. . .

besides, what does it matter if he's a drunk? didn't one of our guys crash into a parked police car? he'd fit in perfectly with our front office culture-- i'm not sure where you were even going with that. . .

It's not disqualifying - it's just the first descriptor that came to mind... He'd actually fit in well with our culture! Still, I need a little more to go on - who has he drafted? Kerigan, Orakpo, RGIII and Cousins? It just seems like a name out of left field.

Hawgdriver
11-28-2017, 08:37 PM
It's not disqualifying - it's just the first descriptor that came to mind... He'd actually fit in well with our culture! Still, I need a little more to go on - who has he drafted? Kerigan, Orakpo, RGIII and Cousins? It just seems like a name out of left field.

Sherman, Cam, Gore...

MOtorboat
11-28-2017, 08:43 PM

He was responsible for the 49ers and Seahawks Super Bowl rosters.

dogfish
11-28-2017, 08:50 PM

i will check the exact dates later, but pretty much this. . . he has a knack for drafting well in the trenches, which we could surely use. . .

UnderArmour
11-28-2017, 09:08 PM
I would like to see a Vic Fangio (who I feel could be a Mike Zimmer getting his first shot) or a Keith Butler become head coach. If we're going retreads, I'd want Jim Schwartz who has done an outstanding job in Buffalo and in Philly in establishing elite defenses.

The reason Vance Joseph was a bad hire is because he never had anything to bring to the table. Elway thought he was getting Mike Tomlin 2.0, and ended up with Raheem Morris 2.0. The similarities are unfortunately shocking. I want to see a head coach who has experience running a side of the football, and has a reputation as a guy who players will run through a brick wall for. Vic Fangio and Jim Schwartz are guys that players will run through a brick wall for. Vance Joseph has never, and will never be that coach.

At this point, I wouldn't want Vance Joseph running the equipment department, much less a defense, and even much less the football team another year.

MOtorboat
11-28-2017, 09:12 PM

He also went to high school in Colorado. His brother is Dave McCloughan of Buffs and Packers fame.

underrated29
11-29-2017, 01:27 AM
Also, we didnt have the unstoppable Jammal Charles last year. lol

Too bad as he’s been our best rb too. Unless you file that under nonsense as well

underrated29
11-29-2017, 01:28 AM
all this losing has made your brain into mush. . . :laugh:

norwood was here last year, and he fumbled five times
(http://www.nfl.com/player/jordannorwood/71417/profile)

I try to forget those days.

WARHORSE
11-29-2017, 03:00 AM

Is that an attempt to say VJ is the next Belllllycheat? ;)

WARHORSE
11-29-2017, 03:02 AM
What are we now? The New York Yankees that in George Steinbrenner's dotage kept hiring and firing Billy Martin 5 different times as the Yankees manager?

Wade is a victim of the Peter Principle: that in any large organization a person who succeeds at one level will generally be promoted to a higher level until he reaches his level of incompetence.

Wade himself has acknowledged this admitting that "I'm not a very good head coach" but claiming he is a good DC. That is true. He failed as head coach with both the Broncos and Cowboys and there's no point revisiting that fiasco again.

Well ya cant get him back as a DC, hence the move for a HC. Besides, Elway will do all the media anyway...... heh heh

Broncoknight30
11-29-2017, 05:57 AM

Von for Luck? Wow...

You may not believe this, but Von is an actual proven winner.

Apparently, Luck needs a lot of pieces around him to get it done. Well, that is impossible with his salary. Unless, he does not need a bunch of stuff around him. If not, then someone needs to explain why Luck has thrown 12 ints in 6 career play off games.

Is it because of his OL? Interesting, how his last 2 play off games was not sacked once. TWO games, not sacked once.

Against the Pats.....BACK IN 2014, the GREAT ANDREW LUCK was 12 for 33 for 126 yards ZERO TDs and 2 ints. That was in the 45-7 loss. Was not sacked once.

Was this int in the play offs due to the lack of talent that the Colts cannot afford due to his salary?
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/01/12/Luckint.gif

Maybe this one....

https://media.giphy.com/media/kBJ6eMtYZRTdm/giphy.gif

Maybe this one? Recognize that corner? Pretty sure that is Talib

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/luck-to-talib-11-18-12.gif?w=1000

Any of those picks his fault or are they all someone else's fault?

VonDoom
11-29-2017, 07:39 AM

Belichick coached the Browns from 91-95.

Shazam!
11-29-2017, 08:37 AM

Belichick coached the Browns from 91-95.

He promised a playoff team in 4 years and delivered in 3.

Shazam!
11-29-2017, 08:39 AM
I would like to see a Vic Fangio (who I feel could be a Mike Zimmer getting his first shot) or a Keith Butler become head coach. If we're going retreads, I'd want Jim Schwartz who has done an outstanding job in Buffalo and in Philly in establishing elite defenses.

The reason Vance Joseph was a bad hire is because he never had anything to bring to the table. Elway thought he was getting Mike Tomlin 2.0, and ended up with Raheem Morris 2.0. The similarities are unfortunately shocking. I want to see a head coach who has experience running a side of the football, and has a reputation as a guy who players will run through a brick wall for. Vic Fangio and Jim Schwartz are guys that players will run through a brick wall for. Vance Joseph has never, and will never be that coach.

At this point, I wouldn't want Vance Joseph running the equipment department, much less a defense, and even much less the football team another year.

I think VJ can absolutely be an equipment manager. He would be great in practice.

BigDaddyBronco
11-29-2017, 08:48 AM

No.

ShaneFalco
11-29-2017, 08:52 AM
1. Fire VJ

2. Sign Eli.

3. Shannahan

slim
11-29-2017, 09:40 AM
Too bad as he’s been our best rb too. Unless you file that under nonsense as well

Yes, I do.

Boys, here is what we need to do.

1. Fire the coaching staff
2. Trade for Bill Belichick
3. Trade for Andrew Luck
4. Trade for David Johnson
5. Trade for Joe Thomas
6. Acquire the #1 pick
7. Vacay in the Bahamas
8. Championship

Slick
11-29-2017, 10:17 AM
My first thought was, find a RT and G in free agency since it seems likely that Denver drafts a QB with their top 5 pick then I looked at who's going to be available.

There isn't much out there.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/offensive-line/

Nate Solder LT 29 NE TBD $10,031,000 UFA -
Luke Joeckel G 26 SEA TBD $8,000,000 UFA -
Greg Robinson LT 25 DET TBD $5,321,025 UFA -
Shawn Lauvao G 30 WAS TBD $4,250,000 UFA -
Evan Smith C 31 TB TBD $3,562,500 UFA -
Andre Smith G 30 CIN TBD $3,250,000 UFA -
Chris Clark LT 32 HOU TBD $3,000,000 UFA -
Jermon Bushrod G 33 MIA TBD $3,000,000 UFA -
D.J. Fluker G 26 NYG TBD $3,000,000 UFA -
Breno Giacomini RT 32 HOU TBD $2,750,000 UFA -
Wesley Johnson C 26 NYJ TBD $2,746,000 UFA -
Andrew Norwell G 26 CAR TBD $2,746,000 UFA -
Donald Stephenson LT 29 DEN TBD $2,500,000 UFA -
Jahri Evans G 34 GB TBD $2,250,000 UFA -
Garry Gilliam RT 27 SF TBD $2,200,000 UFA -
Joe Berger G 35 MIN TBD $2,165,000 UFA -
Justin Pugh G 27 NYG TBD $2,086,475 UFA -
Matt Slauson G 31 LAC TBD $2,000,000 UFA -
Byron Bell RT 28 DAL TBD $2,000,000 UFA -
Jonathan Cooper G 27 DAL TBD $2,000,000 UFA -
Tom Compton T 28 CHI TBD $1,850,000 UFA -
Cameron Fleming T 25 NE TBD $1,797,000 UFA -
Ryan Jensen C 26 BAL TBD $1,797,000 UFA -
Chris Hubbard G 26 PIT TBD $1,797,000 UFA -
Daniel Kilgore C 29 SF TBD $1,750,000 UFA -
Josh Kline G 28 TEN TBD $1,650,000 UFA

tripp
11-29-2017, 10:28 AM
Jokes aside, what's stopping us or any franchise from offering 50 million to Belichick (at the end of his contract with NE) and telling him he has full control of everything, no interference from Elway and co.

It doesn't work against the cap, correct?

Hawgdriver
11-29-2017, 10:39 AM
Jokes aside, what's stopping us or any franchise from offering 50 million to Belichick (at the end of his contract with NE) and telling him he has full control of everything, no interference from Elway and co.

His arrangement with Putin via Kraft to be awarded Ukraine.

WARHORSE
11-29-2017, 12:39 PM

Its a proven fact that Belicheat has ties to Russia.

Thats the only way he got that job.

Kraft is Ukranian.

Buff
11-29-2017, 12:56 PM
Yes, I do.

3. Trade for Andrew Luck
5. Trade for Joe Thomas
6. Acquire the #1 pick
7. Vacay in the Bahamas
8. Championship

Seems pretty unrealistic given all the damage in the Bahamas from Irma.

underrated29
11-29-2017, 01:13 PM

Yes, I do.

3. Trade for Andrew Luck
5. Trade for Joe Thomas
6. Acquire the #1 pick
7. Vacay in the Bahamas
8. Championship

This is some no nonsense shit right here! Slim for President! Aye!!!

Seems pretty unrealistic given all the damage in the Bahamas from Irma.

Slim is not incorrect, Bahamas are just fine. Back up and running. At least, all of the tourist spots are anyway. Dont doubt slim.

Aside from the fact that charles is out best rb.

arapaho2
11-29-2017, 02:53 PM

But we didn't have a qb last year either, the oline was even worse then...and a worse dline, and still managed 9 wins

so we have the same Qb as last year...an improved oline,yes over last year it is improved, and fixed the run def...and a new HC

and the team fell completely off...but you think its the talent we had for the past two season including the SB win the culprit

Hawgdriver
11-29-2017, 03:38 PM
This is some no nonsense shit right here!

He got you good with that one.