PDA

View Full Version : Please, please let Jamaal Charles go.

Ground Control
11-23-2017, 09:28 PM
He is a legend that still breathes on the field. His injuries are real but we have still insulted a vet player by having no clue on how to use him. One fumble basically benches him on a team that is the worst in the league regarding turnovers? Would he fumble again, if given the ball 1,000 more times?

Anyway, unless we make the inevitable decision to remove Anderson now, and embrace Henderson as the back up to Booker (as Anderson is obviously now)...and use Charles 10-15 plays in his best environment, open space, we are doing him a serious disservice. We gave him new life, but as amazing as he is, that's not enough. Let him move on to a playoff team that understands his value.

Anything less is another example of how bad the leaders are in Denver. Some players transcend the standard narrative. Charles is a legend waiting for a team that understands that.

Shazam!
11-23-2017, 10:04 PM
He's done.

Hawgdriver
11-23-2017, 10:13 PM
We should at least give DeAngelo 10-15 carries and see what we have.

Simple Jaded
11-23-2017, 10:16 PM
He signed a one year deal, Nancy Grace.

Timmy!
11-24-2017, 12:29 AM
Start MoAr threaddss.sss!

Northman
11-24-2017, 05:51 AM
So, let me see if i get this thread correct. We should let Charles go? Not because he is way past his prime, not because he has poor ball security, but because he is too good for this team?

Shazam!
11-24-2017, 07:12 AM
So, let me see if i get this thread correct. We should let Charles go? Not because he is way past his prime, not because he has poor ball security, but because he is too good for this team?

I took it as letting him go so he could go to NE or back to KC to give him a last opportunity to win.

Its like a DT88 thread. I know.

weazel
11-24-2017, 10:41 AM
this thread is winning.

http://riotandfrolic.typepad.com/.a/6a015431fc4e55970c017ee5e35b15970d-800wi

Cugel
11-24-2017, 10:41 AM
I took it as letting him go so he could go to NE or back to KC to give him a last opportunity to win.

The Broncos have a guy who can break long TD runs. What he cannot do is run 20 times a game in the middle of the field any more.

He is a great pass-blocker for a RB, one of the best in the NFL. He is a real threat to catch the ball in space and make a guy miss in the secondary, and then run 60 yards to the end zone.

He's done that lots of times to the Broncos. He's not "done" this staff just can't use him.

That does not mean I want them to release Jamaal Charles, what would be the point of that? He's not going to a new team NOW, but in the off-season. He'll probably wind up in New England where he would catch maybe 40-50 passes from Tom Brady and be a Red Zone weapon because of his speed.

This coaching staff sucks. This should be clear to us all by now. This is probably a 7-9 team, maybe 6-10 given the lack of talent at QB, and the putrid OL, and the lack of a slot WR or a threat at TE. But, it's playing like a 4-12 team!

In short the coaching staff has already lost a couple of games they should have won because they got out-coached. By the Giants who have only 2 wins all year for instance, and just got whooped again.

I want them to actually USE Jamaal Charles by throwing him the ball. What the Flaming Hell has Bennie Fowler, or Cody Latimer or Jordan Taylor or any of the other WRs or TEs done that they should be on the field instead of Jamaal Charles.

Since it doesn't matter about winning games any more, why not give the rookie QB an experienced target who can actually get open quickly in Jamaal? That might save Paxton suffering a career threatening shoulder injury, because we know his OL can't block! They're not going to suddenly not suck because Paxton Lynch is in there.

All of you hoping that the Broncos do not draft a QB with a top 5 pick ought to be hoping like Hell that Paxton shows SOME signs of hope that he could be the Franchise QB of the future. And for that to happen, he's going to need some weapons to run the ball and catch the ball, and Jamaal Charles is the best weapon they have that they are not using effectively right now.

Shazam!
11-24-2017, 11:57 AM

The Broncos have a guy who can break long TD runs. What he cannot do is run 20 times a game in the middle of the field any more.

He is a great pass-blocker for a RB, one of the best in the NFL. He is a real threat to catch the ball in space and make a guy miss in the secondary, and then run 60 yards to the end zone.

He's done that lots of times to the Broncos. He's not "done" this staff just can't use him.

That does not mean I want them to release Jamaal Charles, what would be the point of that? He's not going to a new team NOW, but in the off-season. He'll probably wind up in New England where he would catch maybe 40-50 passes from Tom Brady and be a Red Zone weapon because of his speed.

This coaching staff sucks. This should be clear to us all by now. This is probably a 7-9 team, maybe 6-10 given the lack of talent at QB, and the putrid OL, and the lack of a slot WR or a threat at TE. But, it's playing like a 4-12 team!

In short the coaching staff has already lost a couple of games they should have won because they got out-coached. By the Giants who have only 2 wins all year for instance, and just got whooped again.

I want them to actually USE Jamaal Charles by throwing him the ball. What the Flaming Hell has Bennie Fowler, or Cody Latimer or Jordan Taylor or any of the other WRs or TEs done that they should be on the field instead of Jamaal Charles.

Since it doesn't matter about winning games any more, why not give the rookie QB an experienced target who can actually get open quickly in Jamaal? That might save Paxton suffering a career threatening shoulder injury, because we know his OL can't block! They're not going to suddenly not suck because Paxton Lynch is in there.

All of you hoping that the Broncos do not draft a QB with a top 5 pick ought to be hoping like Hell that Paxton shows SOME signs of hope that he could be the Franchise QB of the future. And for that to happen, he's going to need some weapons to run the ball and catch the ball, and Jamaal Charles is the best weapon they have that they are not using effectively right now.

There is no way Broncos do not Draft a QB with their first or second pick.

FanInAZ
11-24-2017, 01:33 PM

Except KC has already kicked him to the curb because they didn't want him. In fact, weren't we the only team that gave him a try out? If we kick him to the curb, his next gig will be color analyst.

Shazam!
11-24-2017, 04:18 PM

Except KC has already kicked him to the curb because they didn't want him. In fact, weren't we the only team that gave him a try out? If we kick him to the curb, his next gig will be color analyst.

Oh, I know. I thought the purpose was so he could sign with a Playoff team. Not even Dallas called asking about him without Ezekiel.

...and as i did day. He's done.

dogfish
11-24-2017, 04:27 PM
I don't care whether they release Jamaal or not, but it makes no sense to keep dressing him instead of Henderson. . .

gregbroncs
11-24-2017, 11:17 PM
I see no point in keeping him on the roster. He's terrible. Too many fumbles, can't make guys miss anymore and never breaks tackles. Shouldn't have made the team, or should have been cut when Booker was healthy.

WARHORSE
11-25-2017, 12:41 AM

SPOT ON concerning Charles and the coaching. Ever since they let Sloter walk, I began to question the staff here.

Do they watch ANY tape other than our games? Charles is a STUD in space and we have not thrown to him AT ALL with effect because this staff doesnt know how to get him in space with room. Outside of the fumbles, the guy has been nothing but fantastic running were he is least effective...between the tackles.

Did anyone not named Vance Joseph and Mike McCoy not see Henderson playing during the preseason? Was he not the most effective weapon on the field?

And is anyone really going to talk about BALL SECURITY with Charles when we have McKenzie dropping balls more than a hooker after a long day at the farm?

This team is in DISARRAY and it starts with Joseph.

Charles has played VERY well sans fumbles.

Hawgdriver
11-25-2017, 01:02 AM
This team is in DISARRAY and it starts with Joseph.

I'd go higher than that. I'm not on an Elway witchhunt or anything, but there is a big picture problem in Denver, and those kinds of things make you look at the people responsible for the big picture.

FanInAZ
11-25-2017, 01:43 AM
Oh, I know. I thought the purpose was so he could sign with a Playoff team. Not even Dallas called asking about him without Ezekiel.

...and as i did day. He's done.

He wanted to be with a playoff team, like KC :lol:

Cugel
11-25-2017, 02:19 AM
I'd go higher than that. I'm not on an Elway witchhunt or anything, but there is a big picture problem in Denver, and those kinds of things make you look at the people responsible for the big picture.

I'd say Elway is responsible for the bad drafting of stiffs like Paxton, Sylvester Williams, Brock Osweiler and Montee Ball in the first and second round. That's a lot of wasted picks.

Also, he failed to find a viable starting QB in the draft. He's also failed at finding OL who can start and be even average, in free agency. He's also failed at keeping some of his best FAs like Malik Jackson and Julius Thomas.

But, this is normal GMing in the NFL. IT's not easy to find a starting QB who's really good. There are about 12 such QBs in football, and 20 teams that don't have one. His OL problems are also common throughout the league.

Why else did the Rams pay $15m a year to Bengals LTL Andrew Whitworth - despite the fact that he's turning 36 years old this year and would be 38 years old when completing this contract?

For instance the Broncos tried to shore up the RT spot with a questionable FA in Menelik Watson. He was a bargain:

$4,000,000 signing bonus, $5,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $6,125,000.

In short they paid him about 1/2 what the Vikings paid the only really GOOD RT in FA: Reilly Reiff:

Riley Reiff signed a 5 year, $58,750,000 contract with the Minnesota Vikings, including a $11,000,000 signing bonus, $26,300,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $11,750,000. In 2017, Reiff will earn a base salary of $6,200,000, a signing bonus of $11,000,000 and a workout bonus of $100,000,

So, is it a failure that Elway signed Watson and not Reiff? Well, Watson sucked, and now he's on IR so he turned out to be worthless. But, it would have cost another $6M a year or more to outbid the Vikings for Reiff.

It's like saying "a Mercedes is much better than the used Chevrolet I'm driving." Yeah, but that Chevy also doesn't cost $90,000.

So, where Elway has failed a lot of GMs fail. Lots of teams have garbage OL. Lots have tried and failed to find an elite QB in the draft. Lots of first and 2nd round QBs fail.

Hawgdriver
11-25-2017, 02:35 AM
Idk dude, Rams and Vikes look aite.

Slick
11-25-2017, 09:11 AM
You get what you pay for. Don't be shopping in the bargain bin for O lineman when you're trying to develop a young QB.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-25-2017, 04:33 PM
You get what you pay for. Don't be shopping in the bargain bin for O lineman when you're trying to develop a young QB.

We will have to invest heavy this offseason in the line yet again. Bolles and Leary were good pickups. We’re going to have to win through great defense and smash mouth running if we are going to be successful with Lynch. We will need another early pick and solid FA signing if we are going to be a team that doesn’t rely on a passing quarterback

Northman
11-25-2017, 04:57 PM
We will have to invest heavy this offseason in the line yet again. Bolles and Leary were good pickups. We’re going to have to win through great defense and smash mouth running if we are going to be successful with Lynch. We will need another early pick and solid FA signing if we are going to be a team that doesn’t rely on a passing quarterback

Well, if we are not going to rely on a passing QB than maybe its time we gave a call to Buffalo for Taylor. At least if we are going to have a hybrid QB than might as well get someone who has more athleticism. Somehow though i dont see JE settling for that kind of QB so i have a feeling we will be drafting one unless they want to give Kelly a chance.

Simple Jaded
11-26-2017, 05:43 AM
No wonder Major Tom isn’t answering.

Ground Control
11-26-2017, 09:52 PM

He's too good for the way we're (not) using him, yes.