PDA

View Full Version : Allbright: Broncos quietly shopped Demaryius Thomas at trade deadline

tomjonesrocks
11-20-2017, 07:28 PM
Has this been mentioned?

Benjamin Allbright‏
@AllbrightNFL

Source: #Broncos quietly shopped Demaryius Thomas at trade deadline, and are potentially looking to move on from him this off season.

Team feels he lost strength when he switched to vegan diet, hasn't been same player.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/932675212923064320

BroncoJoe
11-20-2017, 07:37 PM
Has this been mentioned?

Benjamin Allbright‏
@AllbrightNFL

Source: #Broncos quietly shopped Demaryius Thomas at trade deadline, and are potentially looking to move on from him this off season.

Team feels he lost strength when he switched to vegan diet, hasn't been same player.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/932675212923064320

Yes.

BeefStew25
11-20-2017, 07:40 PM
Denver fans continuing the fine tradition of shitting on our loyal players. Pile on.

Northman
11-20-2017, 07:44 PM
Denver fans continuing the fine tradition of shitting on our loyal players. Pile on.

Lmao, there is no loyalty in the NFL anymore. Those days are long gone.

BroncoWave
11-20-2017, 07:48 PM
I like DT, but he's definitely a bit past his peak now and he'll never be worth his current contract again I don't think. Like I said in the other thread, I think this fact makes him untradeable. No one is going to take on that contract for a declining WR. Given that I'd rather keep him than cut him, but I'd certainly listen if someone wanted to make an offer.

BeefStew25
11-20-2017, 07:55 PM
Lmao, there is no loyalty in the NFL anymore. Those days are long gone.

He’s been good.

Northman
11-20-2017, 08:09 PM
He’s been good.

A lot of players have been good. Von has been good but it took paying him a shit ton of money to get him to stay. It certainly didnt have anything to do with loyalty.

Nomad
11-20-2017, 08:13 PM
Vegan diet....dave will be proud.

ShaneFalco
11-20-2017, 08:14 PM
albright is total bullshit.

rofl

ShaneFalco
11-20-2017, 08:15 PM
https://twitter.com/psmyth12/status/932703012581097473

BeefStew25
11-20-2017, 08:18 PM
It’s amazing he’s never missed a game.

aberdien
11-20-2017, 09:22 PM
It's amazing all it takes is one false report for everybody to shit on one of our players that doesn't suck ass.

Simple Jaded
11-20-2017, 09:29 PM

Word!

BeefStew25
11-20-2017, 09:31 PM
It's amazing all it takes is one false report for everybody to shit on one of our players that doesn't suck ass.

Effing A Abe. I hate it.

Nomad
11-20-2017, 09:48 PM

Aren't you a vegan too, abe?

ShaneFalco
11-20-2017, 09:50 PM
i honestly think Albright just trolls people on purpose.

Nomad
11-20-2017, 09:51 PM
i honestly think Albright just trolls people on purpose.

Never heard of him till now.

ShaneFalco
11-20-2017, 09:58 PM
allbright reminds me of alex jones.

Touts the 5% shit he gets right nonstop.

while ignoring 95% of other shit he said.

Simple Jaded
11-20-2017, 10:01 PM
allbright reminds me of alex jones.

Touts the 5% shit he gets right nonstop.

while ignoring 95% of other shit he said.

Wrong forum. —->

BroncoWave
11-20-2017, 10:04 PM

DT has been criticized for his drops and his effort since long before this report came out.

BroncoWave
11-20-2017, 10:05 PM
Also, I'm not willing to call it a "false report" just because Broncos PR is denying. Of course they would deny it.

aberdien
11-20-2017, 10:07 PM

I ain't no bitch.

aberdien
11-20-2017, 10:08 PM
DT has been criticized for his drops and his effort since long before this report came out.

Yeah dumb criticisms.

BroncoWave
11-20-2017, 10:11 PM
Yeah dumb criticisms.

It's dumb to criticize him when he drops a pass? :confused:

MOtorboat
11-21-2017, 01:07 AM
Also, I'm not willing to call it a "false report" just because Broncos PR is denying. Of course they would deny it.

I think Elway is akin to Jerry Jones.

And by this I mean Jerry Jones is well-known for leaking information directly to a specific reporter and then denying it publicly. That said, I don't think he'd choose this particular reporter. They seem to pick Klis for that.

slim
11-21-2017, 01:24 AM

No. I'm pretty sure **** is not a vegetable.

BroncoTech
11-21-2017, 02:57 AM

Shitty like a brown round thing hitting the ground, much like pass after pass this fool has dropped?

Shazam!
11-21-2017, 04:12 AM
Lets be real folks. He's done and will never be the DT of 2013 again. Tebows TD pass vs Pitt in OT was a long time ago and was a LOT of games since then. He is clearly not the same player since his hip.

He will be one of the first Vet casualties to go as Elway tries to get younger and faster on offense. I hope thwy can find a trade partner and get something for him.

Northman
11-21-2017, 06:01 AM

Pretty much my thoughts. It aint like the FO is going to admit to shopping him around anyway. :lol:

Nomad
11-21-2017, 08:29 AM
No. I'm pretty sure **** is not a vegetable.

I figured as lightweight as abe is.

UnderArmour
11-21-2017, 08:52 AM
I don't buy the report, but it honestly seems like a great idea to try to trade him if we can get Brandon Marshall value(2 2nds) for him. I love DT, and maybe it was just Siemian, but it just felt like he fell off the map as far as taking over games. If there is no Brandon Marshall value to be had, then it is an easy decision to not make a move.

BeefStew25
11-21-2017, 11:31 AM
Shitty like a brown round thing hitting the ground, much like pass after pass this fool has dropped?

Now call him a pile of shit.

weazel
11-21-2017, 11:36 AM
too weak after changing to a vegan diet LMMFAO! this report is bunk.

http://cdn1-www.afterellen.com/assets/uploads/2014/06/tucky8.jpg

aberdien
11-21-2017, 06:23 PM
I figured as lightweight as abe is.

I just have a good metabolism, try to exercise, and watch what I eat. In other words, I am the anti-slim.

Jsteve01
11-21-2017, 07:29 PM
Okay I realized that I've used the offense of line and quarterback play as an excuse for many problems with this offense. But seriously we can't attribute poro line play to his inability to make plays down the field? I don't think physically he's any worse than it was during the Super Bowl season. In fact I would say that he's probably better because he got the hip fixed. The problem has been that we can't consistently get in the ball and there's not enough time for the longer pass plays to develop.

turftoad
11-21-2017, 07:38 PM
We need a QB that can get him the ball before we call him over the hill. They all drop a pass now and then. If the ball is where it is supposed to be it makes it more catchable.

Simple Jaded
11-21-2017, 07:44 PM
Okay I realized that I've used the offense of line and quarterback play as an excuse for many problems with this offense. But seriously we can't attribute poro line play to his inability to make plays down the field? I don't think physically he's any worse than it was during the Super Bowl season. In fact I would say that he's probably better because he got the hip fixed. The problem has been that we can't consistently get in the ball and there's not enough time for the longer pass plays to develop.

Speech to text?

Joel
11-21-2017, 08:25 PM
It’s amazing he’s never missed a game.
It's amazing he set a SB receptions record and prevented the first SB shutout EVER as the ONLY person on the roster who showed up against Seattle. So the long time knock on him is that he consistently leads the team in receiving stats but "not when it counts." Frankly, I think regularly catching more balls than ANY Bronco yet failing to catch ANY at ANY time it mattered would be an impressive accomplishment in itself, if a somewhat bizarre one.

People see what they want and/or are conditioned to see: That's why we're on our third starting QB in a single season, and third OC in two seasons, yet a host of people are still managing to convince themselves the QB and/or OC is what's crippling our offense. Even after hiring McCoy because he wouldn't run "Kubiaks" so-simple-a-caveman-lineman-could-do-it offense, then firing him because he DID run that same offense. Remember when the bum QB crippling our offense was Peyton Manning?

DT88TheGreat
11-21-2017, 08:29 PM
albright is total bullshit.

rofl

Full of diarrhea shit.....

Total bogus article.

DT88TheGreat
11-21-2017, 08:33 PM
too weak after changing to a vegan diet LMMFAO! this report is bunk.

http://cdn1-www.afterellen.com/assets/uploads/2014/06/tucky8.jpg

Dude this is the first time ive ever heard a report use a vegan diet as a reason why a team is shopping him..... Do people know the human body actually doesn't need meat to be strong as a ox? You can go your entire life without eating meat and be just fine, you can also eat some meats and be just fine. This article is so shitty and bronco fans here are so dull they didn't even notice the report blaming a got damn vegetables diet......

tripp
11-21-2017, 08:40 PM
Seems like he's had a lingering hip issue for the past 2+ seasons now. I'm not sure if he'll ever be healthy or what, but I'm sure it's affecting his game play. Regardless, not opposed to see him gone, I think he's here for another year because of his contract though

BeefStew25
11-21-2017, 08:42 PM
I’m happy he got paid and that he doesn’t act like a normal jackass WR and that he won a ring with us.

Joel
11-21-2017, 08:59 PM
Seems like he's had a lingering hip issue for the past 2+ seasons now. I'm not sure if he'll ever be healthy or what, but I'm sure it's affecting his game play. Regardless, not opposed to see him gone, I think he's here for another year because of his contract though
He's played hurt big chunks of many seasons. Y'know, because of his whole lack of effort/heart thing. I do share the view those extending injuries have impacted his performance for a while, even if rarely enough to keep him out of games. Kind of like when he separated a shoulder early in his first SB, then came back to finish the game and prevent us laying historys first SB goose egg. Though maybe that's a bad example, since no 100% healthy player has ever caught that many balls in a SB.

tripp
11-21-2017, 09:07 PM
He's played hurt big chunks of many seasons. Y'know, because of his whole lack of effort/heart thing. I do share the view those extending injuries have impacted his performance for a while, even if rarely enough to keep him out of games. Kind of like when he separated a shoulder early in his first SB, then came back to finish the game and prevent us laying historys first SB goose egg. Though maybe that's a bad example, since no 100% healthy player has ever caught that many balls in a SB.

He has been a great receiver for us, especially during the Manning years but at what point do you say, "thanks for everything, but we want to go younger, and cheaper".. 6 TD's in 2015, 5 TD's in 2016, and 3 so far in 2017, too much $$$ to be paying someone we don't have a good enough QB to utilize him with.

aberdien
11-21-2017, 09:28 PM
I’m happy he got paid and that he doesn’t act like a normal jackass WR and that he won a ring with us.

For real, look at all of the receivers who become big names and act like divas. DT is a quiet hard working dude.

He deserves to be on a team with fans who are more appreciative of him as a high character guy and a key to our success over the last few years.

Simple Jaded
11-21-2017, 09:59 PM

He beat the Steelers.

BeefStew25
11-21-2017, 10:40 PM
He beat the Steelers.

You bet your ass he did!

Northman
11-22-2017, 05:22 AM
We need a QB that can get him the ball before we call him over the hill. They all drop a pass now and then. If the ball is where it is supposed to be it makes it more catchable.

So wait? Hitting him in the hands isnt catchable now? :lol:

Timmy!
11-22-2017, 07:38 AM

I'll add offensive captain, longest current tenure Bronco, a season and decent QB play away from owning every Bronco receiving record, ever, etc......oh ya, and he's been a pretty good soldier. I can live with drop now and then (not that I don't yell) when the guy has this pedigree and is at least trying to chase down guys running 100 yards on a pick 6, or what basically was. (Sanders too, btw). It's probably a bad ******* idea to shitcan one of our lone offensive playmakers....not to mention the cap hit and prior mentioned pedigree. Maybe, I dunno, fix other shit (qb, te, slot wr, rt, etc) before we go full retard? Or not, **** if I know

Timmy!
11-22-2017, 07:40 AM
You bet your ass he did!

He caught a super bowl record 13 passes, injured, while we got our shit packed in. Really....that happened.

weazel
11-22-2017, 10:16 AM
Dude this is the first time ive ever heard a report use a vegan diet as a reason why a team is shopping him..... Do people know the human body actually doesn't need meat to be strong as a ox? You can go your entire life without eating meat and be just fine, you can also eat some meats and be just fine. This article is so shitty and bronco fans here are so dull they didn't even notice the report blaming a got damn vegetables diet......

I would have believed it more if the guy said DT sucks because he's tired

Nomad
11-22-2017, 10:29 AM
I just have a good metabolism, try to exercise, and watch what I eat. In other words, I am the anti-slim.

Do you drink beer? Taste great, but empty calories.

aberdien
11-22-2017, 10:33 AM
Do you drink beer? Taste great, but empty calories.

Only when i'm out at the bar with some friends, so a few times a month.

Joel
11-22-2017, 12:41 PM
He has been a great receiver for us, especially during the Manning years but at what point do you say, "thanks for everything, but we want to go younger, and cheaper".. 6 TD's in 2015, 5 TD's in 2016, and 3 so far in 2017, too much $$$ to be paying someone we don't have a good enough QB to utilize him with.
He doesn't turn 30 til Christmas Day; how much younger you wanna go, HS? If we're ever going to develop a young QB, one thing we need in addition to a line that can protect him while he's scanning the field and reading coverage is quality RECEIVERS who can catch his passes.

Bottom line on young QBs is that if you ever want one to develop into an NFL calibre passer, you better surround him with NFL calibre blocking, running and receiving, because whatever he's got while LEARNING the position at the pro level is what he'll be accustomed to as a finished product. If he spends his first five years developing bad habits and reflexes to compensate for the waiver wire rejects impersonating his teammates, those will be hard to shake if/when he finally gets a decent supporting cast later. I remain convinced that's a whole lot of our problem with Oz, Siemian, Lynch and however many successors they'll have.

broncofaninfla
11-22-2017, 01:40 PM
Besides DT's proneness of dropping the ball my biggest knock on him is he isn't a leader. This team has too many high salary players who fall short on the leadership aspect of their jobs and DT definitely falls within that group. He's rock solid after the catch when catches the ball and seems like a good kid but over paid for what he has shown since signing the big contract. The Broncos would be justified in asking for a pay cut at this point.

tripp
11-22-2017, 02:09 PM
He doesn't turn 30 til Christmas Day; how much younger you wanna go, HS? If we're ever going to develop a young QB, one thing we need in addition to a line that can protect him while he's scanning the field and reading coverage is quality RECEIVERS who can catch his passes.

Bottom line on young QBs is that if you ever want one to develop into an NFL calibre passer, you better surround him with NFL calibre blocking, running and receiving, because whatever he's got while LEARNING the position at the pro level is what he'll be accustomed to as a finished product. If he spends his first five years developing bad habits and reflexes to compensate for the waiver wire rejects impersonating his teammates, those will be hard to shake if/when he finally gets a decent supporting cast later. I remain convinced that's a whole lot of our problem with Oz, Siemian, Lynch and however many successors they'll have.

Dude was dropping 5 yard hook passes Sunday. My issue is he's had a nagging injury that's lasted for over 2+ years, it isn't going to go away.

Give me young, healthy, fast slot receivers that aren't afraid to get hit running through the middle.

At this point, I'd rather have talented blocking, than receiving

turftoad
11-22-2017, 02:47 PM
Dude was dropping 5 yard hook passes Sunday. My issue is he's had a nagging injury that's lasted for over 2+ years, it isn't going to go away.

Give me young, healthy, fast slot receivers that aren't afraid to get hit running through the middle.

New England seems they can throw any WR out there and Brady finds a way to get them the ball.
We do not have a Tom Brady.
30 is still not old for WR. We need just need to find someone to get the ball close so those catch's can be made.

tripp
11-22-2017, 03:06 PM
New England seems they can throw any WR out there and Brady finds a way to get them the ball.
We do not have a Tom Brady.
30 is still not old for WR. We need just need to find someone to get the ball close so those catch's can be made.

I'm not a QB, or a QB coach, but I imagine throwing to a slot receiver vs a wide receiver is a much easier task. Especially when you're dealing with a rookie QB. High % completions vs low % completions, and low risk turn overs. I'd rather consistent 5 yard gains, than the odd 15 yard gain. That's just my opinion on slot vs wide receivers.

In terms of DT, he's not old yet, but he's on the wrong side of 20, he has a history of injuries, one that seems to linger. He's got a big contract that I feel the money could be used to go somewhere more important such as an offensive lineman. From what I've read, he'll be here for another year, then he could potentially be cut in the 2019 season

And as I've said before, his production is down the past 3 years because of the low quality QB's we've had here in Denver, that's not his fault no... but why have a top 10 WR and pay him big $$$ when we can't get him the ball half the time?

turftoad
11-22-2017, 03:26 PM
I'm not a QB, or a QB coach, but I imagine throwing to a slot receiver vs a wide receiver is a much easier task. Especially when you're dealing with a rookie QB. High % completions vs low % completions, and low risk turn overs. I'd rather consistent 5 yard gains, than the odd 15 yard gain. That's just my opinion on slot vs wide receivers.

In terms of DT, he's not old yet, but he's on the wrong side of 20, he has a history of injuries, one that seems to linger. He's got a big contract that I feel the money could be used to go somewhere more important such as an offensive lineman. From what I've read, he'll be here for another year, then he could potentially be cut in the 2019 season

And as I've said before, his production is down the past 3 years because of the low quality QB's we've had here in Denver, that's not his fault no... but why have a top 10 WR and pay him big $$$ when we can't get him the ball half the time?

How long before defenses figure out you are throwing to the slot all the time?

Of course he's on the wrong side of 20. Aren't they all?

So you think we should have NO QB or WR's worth a shit then?

tripp
11-22-2017, 03:31 PM
How long before defenses figure out you are throwing to the slot all the time?

Of course he's on the wrong side of 20. Aren't they all?

So you think we should have NO QB or WR's worth a shit then?

We don't have ANY QB worth a shit right now, why would I want an elite WR that's getting paid big money that won't be used properly.

I don't think Tyreek Hill is on the wrong side of 20, no mileage compared to DT.

Again, I'm not claiming to be the next OC guru, but when they start to figure out most of your throws are going to the slot, that's when you take a shot down the field?

Slick
11-22-2017, 03:41 PM
I know if I were a young QB like Paxton Lynch or a draft pick next year, I'd hope to hell the Broncos would move on from DT. I'd much rather have an inexperienced young player who didn't make too much money as opposed to a guy who is a team captain and played in two Superbowls.

tripp
11-22-2017, 03:42 PM
I know if I were a young QB like Paxton Lynch or a draft pick next year, I'd hope to hell the Broncos would move on from DT. I'd much rather have an inexperienced young player who didn't make too much money as opposed to a guy who is a team captain and played in two Superbowls.
My sarcasm detector is going off the charts

Slick
11-22-2017, 03:45 PM
My sarcasm detector is going off the charts

Good. THat means I'm getting better at it.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-22-2017, 04:51 PM
We have a talent dearth on offense. Dumping our best offensive player no matter what his shortcomings are seems....stupid?

Cugel
11-22-2017, 05:18 PM

I like DT but he is gone next year. I argued that he was making too much money to cut him in 2018, but apparently they feel that nearly $7m cap hit isn't too much to get rid of his $12M salary.

They are going to dump his salary and Talib's too, and that will save $24 M on next years' roster.

They are going to be rebuilding with a rookie QB after a 5-11 or 6-10 or even 4-12 season so there is no point keeping a bunch of high priced veterans who can here to 'win now' when this team is going to suck for a couple of years while their QB learns. It took Peyton Manning a couple of years to learn, there's no way it will take the new rookie less than that. The only high priced veteran they will have from this roster in 3 years time will be Von Miller.

So, this team might be ready to compete again for a championship in 2019, IF they get a Franchise QB and he develops before then. Otherwise not.

dogfish
11-22-2017, 05:29 PM
We have a talent dearth on offense. Dumping our best offensive player no matter what his shortcomings are seems....stupid?

hard to argue with this. . . it really highlights our desperate need to develop some young talent on offense, though. . . sanders isn't any younger, and they're the only weapons we have. . . how many more years can we get by leaning on those two? every time another one of our high picks (latimer, schofield, sambrailo, ball, osweiler, hillman, probably lynch and heurmann, and counting) fails, it opens up another hole in the depth chart. . . i really hope we can get something out of carlos henderson and J-booty next year. . . would also be nice to see #33 some time this season. . . maybe traylor can fill one of the TE spots, he looked solid last week. . . we really ain't got shit for playmakers, though. . . hopefully musgrave can squeeze a little more production out of what's on hand, but it will be a challenge with our QB and RT situation. . .

tripp
11-22-2017, 05:42 PM
I like DT but he is gone next year. I argued that he was making too much money to cut him in 2018, but apparently they feel that nearly $7m cap hit isn't too much to get rid of his $12M salary.

They are going to dump his salary and Talib's too, and that will save $24 M on next years' roster.

They are going to be rebuilding with a rookie QB after a 5-11 or 6-10 or even 4-12 season so there is no point keeping a bunch of high priced veterans who can here to 'win now' when this team is going to suck for a couple of years while their QB learns. It took Peyton Manning a couple of years to learn, there's no way it will take the new rookie less than that. The only high priced veteran they will have from this roster in 3 years time will be Von Miller.

So, this team might be ready to compete again for a championship in 2019, IF they get a Franchise QB and he develops before then. Otherwise not.

OR you make a play for a Vet QB so you can still try to "win now". I absolutely hate the idea of trying to develop a QB while we have an elite defense. Try to get Cousins, Smith, even Rivers, while drafting O-line. Anyone is better than what we have at RT right now.

I agree I think it's a waste to have top tier receivers who aren't being used to their maximum potential because of our inept QB's, but if we're going to keep them.. don't waste their talent on scrub QB's like ours.

Cugel
11-22-2017, 06:04 PM
OR you make a play for a Vet QB so you can still try to "win now". I absolutely hate the idea of trying to develop a QB while we have an elite defense. Try to get Cousins, Smith, even Rivers, while drafting O-line. Anyone is better than what we have at RT right now.

I agree I think it's a waste to have top tier receivers who aren't being used to their maximum potential because of our inept QB's, but if we're going to keep them.. don't waste their talent on scrub QB's like ours.

The defense is no longer "elite" that ship sailed after back to back 50 point blowout losses.

They still have a lot of talented defenders but they have lost Hall of Famer DeMarcus Ware, and Shane Ray is a nice player but no HOF. They lost Malik Jackson and since then have had no interior pass rush presence. Teams can double Von Miller every play because there's zero interior pressure on the pocket.

They lost Danny Trevathan who was the only ILB who could cover TEs one on one. He played up against Gronk and covered him in the championship game against the Patriots.

They lost TJ Ward. They were quick to say that they wouldn't miss him, but then there's S's saying that they "lacked coordination" in the back end. That's their way of saying that TJ was a leader on the field and they miss him.

They will lose Aqib Talib next year because he's earning $12M. No way he stays on a rebuilding team.

Do we even need to go over all the offensive deficiencies other than QB? That they have no pass-catching TE who causes mismatches since they let Julius Thomas walk. Maybe Jake Butt, but he'll be a rookie.

No good slot WR since Wes Welker. No RB catches passes out of the backfield the way Knowshon Moreno did in 2013 catching over 60 passes. His production hasn't been replaced either.

Denver has gotten a lot worse on both offense and defense since 2015.

This "re-boot not a re-build" and "we've got an elite defense" crap has got to stop! They are what their record says they are: A 5-11 Rebuilding Team that will need to start over from scratch, and rebuild for several crappy years with a rookie QB.

The pathetic effort to deny that they need to rebuild led to the whole Trevor Siemian fiasco!

Why did they think Trevor would be good enough? Because they thought that they could effectively run the ball, get Trevor to make conservative decisions "Captain Checkdown" and not turn the ball over, and they could win like in 2015.

Only that is a delusion! About 1 team every 10 years wins with great defense and no offense, and they NEVER repeat! '85 Bears, 2000 Ravens, 2002 Bucs, 2015 Broncos. None ever repeated.

So, lightning was never going to strike twice in the same place! Hopes of winning another championship without an elite QB were always doomed despite all the fan and media hype.

In retrospect, they should have begun the rebuilding effort in 2016 when Peyton retired. Their SB window closed at that moment.

Joel
11-22-2017, 08:58 PM

No argument on that last part, but I've waited long enough for the former than I'm not exactly holding my breath "at this point." Bolles and Leary are good starts though; no more waiting till after a dozen teams drafted an OT and then taking what's left, or cheaping out on the "top" FA OT available for <$2M/yr. We're just getting a harsh reminder that our line's been so bad so long even premium investments can't fix it in a single year.

As for DT though, I don't believe it's the same injury, it's a series of different nagging injuries that come from being the leading receiver on a team that has little else on offense. Sanders has gotten messed up more than once over the past few seasons, too, but if you're defending against the Broncos you know you'll spend most of the game trying to stop passes to one of those two guys, because after the line lets CJ get tackled for a loss twice we either throw to one of our two Pro Bowlers or someone like Fowler and Sunshine. I mean, I like Fowler and Sunshine, but they're no ones primary receivers.

DT88TheGreat
11-23-2017, 02:43 PM

Yeah nothing like a young inexperienced quarterback going into.games trying to.figure it out and having a (groupI) of rookies selected on day 3 who are all slot guy's playing on the outside also trying to figure it out.... Sounds like a disaster imo.... We have our 3rd and 4th string guys in Carlos Henderson and McKenzie imo who will be ready to contribute next year so I dont think we need to be wasting picks on wideouts when we kinda have 3-4 good one's imo. Henderson will bring a ton of production to the slot with that anquan Bolden ability he has.... Dude's a beast and he can block and break tackles.

Hawgdriver
11-23-2017, 09:32 PM
We have our 3rd and 4th string guys in Carlos Henderson and McKenzie imo who will be ready to contribute next year

McKenzie has already contributed enough.

DT88TheGreat
11-23-2017, 09:50 PM
Call it what you want, the kid is here too stay a while, coach is not going to just dump a guy as talented as McKenzie who they just drafted.

Hawgdriver
11-23-2017, 10:01 PM
Call it what you want, the kid is here too stay a while, coach is not going to just dump a guy as talented as McKenzie who they just drafted.

This statement reveals much of you and your measurement of both coach and player.

Shazam!
11-23-2017, 10:01 PM

Reminds me of T. Holliday.

Hawgdriver
11-23-2017, 10:02 PM

Except with more fumbles and fewer home runs lol.

Timmy!
11-24-2017, 12:51 AM

Well, if you turned the TD's into fumbles, sure.

Jsteve01
11-24-2017, 01:42 AM

Yeah nothing like a young inexperienced quarterback going into.games trying to.figure it out and having a (groupI) of rookies selected on day 3 who are all slot guy's playing on the outside also trying to figure it out.... Sounds like a disaster imo.... We have our 3rd and 4th string guys in Carlos Henderson and McKenzie imo who will be ready to contribute next year so I dont think we need to be wasting picks on wideouts when we kinda have 3-4 good one's imo. Henderson will bring a ton of production to the slot with that anquan Bolden ability he has.... Dude's a beast and he can block and break tackles.

Henderson look like shit in Camp. Love is tape from college but come on man he didn't do anything in Camp and then he got hurt. I would love to see him turn into Anquan Boldin but seriously for a guy that's never played a down on an NFL field you're going to make that comparison? Come on bro. And the whole thing with Mackenzie is this I like the kids attitude and all that stuff but you can't continue to put them on the field it doesn't matter if his attitude is right if he's frustrated with his fumbles or not he's putting the ball on the ground at a ridiculous rate.

Cugel
11-24-2017, 06:11 PM
Do you guys see that there are going to be a lot of changes made, because that is what happens to teams that win 5 games or so. They turn over about 1/2 their roster. It won't be that much here, but take a look at some guys who probably WON'T be on next year's roster. There will be more veterans than this cut in the move to dump salary:

Aqib Talib
D.T.
Menelik Watson
Brandon Marshall
Todd Davis

Possibly other members of the no-fly zone like Darien Stewart at some point.

Bunch of dudes are making some money, and the team's winning 4 games. They can win about that many without a lot of these guys and not spend so much.

So, they are going to re-build through the draft. This is no longer a "re-boot not a re-build". That's why I don't want to see them go get Kirk Cousins or something. That is like trying to put a band-aid on a broken leg. It ain't going to work. They are way past that "SB window." That thing closed a long time ago, and since then they've been living in the land of denial thinking they were still a SB team.

Well, not even close.

Shazam!
11-24-2017, 09:15 PM
Do you guys see that there are going to be a lot of changes made, because that is what happens to teams that win 5 games or so. They turn over about 1/2 their roster. It won't be that much here, but take a look at some guys who probably WON'T be on next year's roster. There will be more veterans than this cut in the move to dump salary:

Aqib Talib
D.T.
Menelik Watson
Brandon Marshall
Todd Davis

Bunch of dudes are making some money, and the team's winning 4 games. They can win about that many without a lot of these guys and not spend so much.

So, they are going to re-build through the draft. This is no longer a "re-boot not a re-build". That's why I don't want to see them go get Kirk Cousins or something. That is like trying to put a band-aid on a broken leg. It ain't going to work. They are way past that "SB window." That thing closed a long time ago, and since then they've been living in the land of denial thinking they were still a SB team.

Well, not even close.

Its not like they have no talent. Horrible Coaching is not going to help a team with little depth and glaring weaknesses in critical positions. OLine being front and center.

Tbey are not that far away with the parity in the League in 2018.

DT88TheGreat
11-24-2017, 09:17 PM
Henderson look like shit in Camp. Love is tape from college but come on man he didn't do anything in Camp and then he got hurt. I would love to see him turn into Anquan Boldin but seriously for a guy that's never played a down on an NFL field you're going to make that comparison? Come on bro. And the whole thing with Mackenzie is this I like the kids attitude and all that stuff but you can't continue to put them on the field it doesn't matter if his attitude is right if he's frustrated with his fumbles or not he's putting the ball on the ground at a ridiculous rate.

He reminds me of anquan Bolden what's the big deal? He looked like trash in Mike McCoy offense? Go figure...... Now that's were moving forward in the spread they will be fine.

DT88TheGreat
11-24-2017, 09:21 PM

Aqib Talib
D.T.
Menelik Watson
Brandon Marshall
Todd Davis

Well, not even close.

You are.crazy if you think the Broncos will be any where close too 4-5 wins next year, the broncos are not THAT bad to be rebuilding and picking top 5 for 2 to 3 more year's. Everything with you all is just beyond dramatic.