PDA

View Full Version : Joseph not ruling out starting Trevor Siemian in Week 12

Cugel
11-20-2017, 06:09 PM
"Joseph will confer with newly-tapped offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave before rendering a decision." (https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Bolt/Broncos-Vance-Joseph-not-ruling-out-starting-Trevor-Siemian-in-Week-12-110813716)

I don't know what to say to this. There's delusion and then there's complete stupidity. Complete stupidity is believing in the face of reality, that any of the QBs on this roster are possible long-term starters.

Of course, they need to put Paxton in and see if he's worth squat. Give him 6 games to try and see if he can improve.

If not, then you know they need to use a top 10 pick on a QB. Right now, the Broncos have scored fewer TDs on the season than they have committed turnovers.

"You have to go to Paxton Lynch, and implement some of the stretch zone read concepts" -- Mark Schlereth.

MOtorboat
11-20-2017, 06:11 PM
Good grief.

DT88TheGreat
11-20-2017, 06:14 PM
Cugel you read way too much into thing's.... Many of you do but you are by far one of the worst which is why nobody has commented on your thread bro.....

Trevor will never play another game as the Broncos quarterback this year. Musgrave isn't an idiot, he was with derek card last year and seen what a nfl arm is.

MOtorboat
11-20-2017, 06:17 PM
Cugel you read way too much into thing's.... Many of you do but you are by far one of the worst which is why nobody has commented on your thread bro.....

Trevor will never play another game as the Broncos quarterback this year. Musgrave isn't an idiot, he was with derek card last year and seen what a nfl arm is.

Um, you posted a whole five minutes after the thread was created.

DT88TheGreat
11-20-2017, 06:18 PM
Your only reply was good grief.....

DT88TheGreat
11-20-2017, 06:20 PM
N every thread you have people piling on Vance.... What we starting our own threads to take lame jabs at coach now? If the team is spiraling outta control then so is the fan's who are clearly going nutty.

MOtorboat
11-20-2017, 06:26 PM
Your only reply was good grief.....

At least we know you can read.

MOtorboat
11-20-2017, 06:28 PM
N every thread you have people piling on Vance.... What we starting our own threads to take lame jabs at coach now? If the team is spiraling outta control then so is the fan's who are clearly going nutty.

He's been indecisive and the team is undisciplined, time management has been a problem and the team is on a six game losing streak. He deserves some ******* criticism.

ShaneFalco
11-20-2017, 06:29 PM
im glad kelly got IRd now.

Keep him away from these coaches

dogfish
11-20-2017, 06:32 PM
of course. . . joseph isn't "ruling out" anything because he has no plan. . . he's just waiting for john to tell him what to say and do. . .

Tned
11-20-2017, 06:39 PM
of course. . . joseph isn't "ruling out" anything because he has no plan. . . he's just waiting for john to tell him what to say and do. . .

Damn, Dog, you don't like the leader of men.

As to the thread. I think VJ was trying to make a few points. First, as he previously said, it wasn't a Trevor problem, it was a unit problem. They tried benching Trevor and putting Brock in as a means to stabilize the offense, and the results were pretty much the same. Hence, the leader of that unit had to go (I think he also said he talked to McCoy about the need to do things differently, but the change/results never came -- something like that).

Beyond that, he said he was going to get with Musgrave and discuss with him which QB he thinks is the best fit for the offense he wants to roll out, and as such is not ruling anything out. So, while he said he wasn't ruling Trevor out, he also didn't give any indication it was likely. Same with Paxton over Brock, although he did have the comment about Paxton having to learn the changes that Musgrave would put in place (which kind of indicates any deviation would be more challenging for Lynch than the other two).

So, clear as mud, but I don't think its as much about having no plan as it is taking time to sit down with the new OC, talk about the problems, what's been at the root of it, and trying to field a starting group to get back to winning. I know fans would like to lose out, but guys like VJ, Musgrave and others are playing for their jobs, in Denver and elsewhere, so tanking for a better draft pick isn't on the top of their todo list.

Tned
11-20-2017, 06:44 PM
Had my fire alarm go off in the house false alarm, so was rather unfocused and had messed up that last paragraph, but just fixed it.

BroncoWave
11-20-2017, 06:48 PM
Bring back McDaniels!

Tned
11-20-2017, 06:56 PM
Bring back McDaniels!

McDoosh would still be here if he had just handed Hillis the rock and his wife...

Cugel
11-20-2017, 06:57 PM

I would hope not. I am not all bent out of shape about this, because I don't believe it will happen. But, it is a statement by Vance Joseph, so it's worth reporting.

I think he is considering it, because Paxton sucks and they all know he can't do the job. But, it makes no sense.

As for your criticizing my judgment, well, considering the source, I consider that a compliment.

BroncoWave
11-20-2017, 06:58 PM
Seriously though. McD's biggest downfall as a HC was his immaturity. That was, what, 7-8 years ago now? Assuming he's learned some things and grown up, he'd be such a massive upgrade over VJ it's not even funny. I doubt Denver will ever go back to that well because of the history, but it actually would be a solid hire in a vacuum IMO.

MOtorboat
11-20-2017, 07:13 PM
Bring back McDaniels!

Do it.

Northman
11-20-2017, 07:38 PM
No....just no......

BeefStew25
11-20-2017, 07:39 PM
I like Semen and wouldn’t mind him on my tv screen and/or my face.

MOtorboat
11-20-2017, 07:40 PM
No....just no......

It would be so glorious. Plus, a bunch of people want the team's best players traded anyway: Demaryius Thomas and Von Miller, and to cut Talib. So, let's do this shit. Come on Elway!

Northman
11-20-2017, 07:43 PM
It would be so glorious. Plus, a bunch of people want the team's best players traded anyway: Demaryius Thomas and Von Miller, and to cut Talib. So, let's do this shit. Come on Elway!

You do make a point, McD would trade them all for players with half their talent. Good call!

Davii
11-20-2017, 07:50 PM
You do make a point, McD would trade them all for players with half their talent. Good call!

And a bunch of draft picks he can throw away to draft a RB to play QB in the first round!

Tned
11-20-2017, 07:51 PM
I would hope not. I am not all bent out of shape about this, because I don't believe it will happen. But, it is a statement by Vance Joseph, so it's worth reporting.

I think he is considering it, because Paxton sucks and they all know he can't do the job. But, it makes no sense.

As for your criticizing my judgment, well, considering the source, I consider that a compliment.

First, it's being blown out of proportion.

On whether there’s a possibility Siemian could start again this season
“That’s possible. We’ve got three guys on the roster that we like and we’ll see what Bill’s vision for the offense is and who fits it best.”

Second, after all those hits, Siemian was seeing ghosts and looked like Lynch did in his two starts, running when he should be standing in and standing when he should be running. If they feel that with time on the sideline and removed from the hits that he's good to go again, then it would also be good to see what he can do with another OC, but IMO, the most important thing is to see what Lynch can do.

Northman
11-20-2017, 07:53 PM
And a bunch of draft picks he can throw away to draft a RB to play QB in the first round!

Who can forget Dick Quinn!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pPCEXq4mgk

BroncoWave
11-20-2017, 07:53 PM
Lol @ people who think McD would come in and have any say over guys like Miller and DT getting traded with Elway having full control over that stuff.

Tned
11-20-2017, 07:54 PM

Good point, he could trade away the talent we currently have, but first deny trying to and have fans spam the forum with "teams called and he said no" and then he could draft the second biggest QB bust in Broncos history (ok with Lynch it could be third biggest by the time he's rehired).

Lot's of season ticket holders will get to upgrade their seats after a year or two of McD.

I'm on board, let's do it.

dogfish
11-20-2017, 07:57 PM
So, clear as mud, but I don't think its as much about having no plan as it is taking time to sit down with the new OC, talk about the problems, what's been at the root of it, and trying to field a starting group to get back to winning. I know fans would like to lose out, but guys like VJ, Musgrave and others are playing for their jobs, in Denver and elsewhere, so tanking for a better draft pick isn't on the top of their todo list.

it's not accurate to say that i'd "like" to lose out. . . make no mistake, i sat in front of my TV and rooted for the schlubs to make a play. . . i absolutely do think evaluating our young players for next year should take priority over selling out to get another win or two. . . we're not getting back in the playoff hunt now, that's purely delusional thinking. . . they need to get lynch and the kids out there because it's what's best for the organization. . . i don't care about musgrave's career, he isn't here to polish his resume. . .

also, let's be honest. . . there's legitimately "tanking," and then there's admitting that you suck, and getting a leg up on the off-season is now more valuable than playing for pride. . . kids have to get reps and make mistakes to learn-- let them do it now in a season that's not going anywhere. . . almost all of our top talent is aging, this organization desperately needs to develop some fresh blood. . . this season is already lost, whether we get some more wins or not-- IMO, it just makes it into a total loss if we don't at least use what's left of it to evaluate and develop. . .

DT88TheGreat
11-20-2017, 08:13 PM
First, it's being blown out of proportion.

On whether there’s a possibility Siemian could start again this season
“That’s possible. We’ve got three guys on the roster that we like and we’ll see what Bill’s vision for the offense is and who fits it best.”

Second, after all those hits, Siemian was seeing ghosts and looked like Lynch did in his two starts, running when he should be standing in and standing when he should be running. If they feel that with time on the sideline and removed from the hits that he's good to go again, then it would also be good to see what he can do with another OC, but IMO, the most important thing is to see what Lynch can do.

Lmao the Trevor fan's are creeping back into blindness..... Sitting on the bench in college didn't make him a better qb... It's going to work at the highest hardest level though huh?

Northman
11-20-2017, 08:15 PM
It would be incredibly hilarious if Siemian was to start again.

DT88TheGreat
11-20-2017, 08:15 PM
it's not accurate to say that i'd "like" to lose out. . . make no mistake, i sat in front of my TV and rooted for the schlubs to make a play. . . i absolutely do think evaluating our young players for next year should take priority over selling out to get another win or two. . . we're not getting back in the playoff hunt now, that's purely delusional thinking. . . they need to get lynch and the kids out there because it's what's best for the organization. . . i don't care about musgrave's career, he isn't here to polish his resume. . .

also, let's be honest. . . there's legitimately "tanking," and then there's admitting that you suck, and getting a leg up on the off-season is now more valuable than playing for pride. . . kids have to get reps and make mistakes to learn-- let them do it now in a season that's not going anywhere. . . almost all of our top talent is aging, this organization desperately needs to develop some fresh blood. . . this season is already lost, whether we get some more wins or not-- IMO, it just makes it into a total loss if we don't at least use what's left of it to evaluate and develop. . .

Bingo......

The kid's need too play, that means screw you Olivia walker doesn't need too master no punt coverage too get reps rushing the passer which is why we drafted him.

BroncoWave
11-20-2017, 08:16 PM

If the true intent is just to flat out tank, might not be the worst idea! :lol:

Tned
11-20-2017, 08:16 PM

Agreed, which is why I've stated I think Lynch should start.

Tned
11-20-2017, 08:17 PM

And as someone tweeted earlier:

https://twitter.com/JasonB35835374/status/932776330164240384

DT88TheGreat
11-20-2017, 08:19 PM

Hell start again. Just not in Denver..... Musgrave isn't an idiot. He's seen what Trevor had too offer and was part of why he was benched. He's also seen enough of Brock, Musgrave is likelwto be our OC next year anyway so he doesn't need to make a safe decision and try to go with the safest options over the wild card rookie with the big arm and mobility. Don't be surprised if we whip out a ton of shotgun spread offense shit offense/ read option run/pass stuff.

DT88TheGreat
11-20-2017, 08:20 PM

You have a point.

DT88TheGreat
11-20-2017, 08:21 PM
But we're going to lose anyway playing the pups allowing them too develop. No need for Trevor to get in the way of Paxton reps.

dogfish
11-20-2017, 08:23 PM
Agreed, which is why I've stated I think Lynch should start.

and i should clarify further-- i don't think you're necessarily wrong that VJ and co. would be thinking about their job security. . . but if they are, elway needs to clunk their heads together and remind them who they work for. . .

Davii
11-20-2017, 08:35 PM
Lol @ people who think McD would come in and have any say over guys like Miller and DT getting traded with Elway having full control over that stuff.

Lol @ people thinking he'd be a great HC despite evidence to the contrary.

Tned
11-20-2017, 08:44 PM
and i should clarify further-- i don't think you're necessarily wrong that VJ and co. would be thinking about their job security. . . but if they are, elway needs to clunk their heads together and remind them who they work for. . .

Yes, that's true, but Elway also doesn't want to go back to the 10,000+ no shows they were getting the last time they totally went in the tank. There is a balancing act that Elway needs to walk between preparing for the future, and winning now, meaning next week, the week after, etc.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-20-2017, 09:27 PM
Yes, that's true, but Elway also doesn't want to go back to the 10,000+ no shows they were getting the last time they totally went in the tank. There is a balancing act that Elway needs to walk between preparing for the future, and winning now, meaning next week, the week after, etc.

Eh most of our remaining games are on the road anyway... seriously though, if I was a ticket buying fan I wouldn’t if I knew Siemian was starting. Why put myself through that all over again? I’d rather see Lynch lose than Siemian lose. That’s the bottom line and I think most fans would agree.

Tned
11-20-2017, 09:41 PM
Eh most of our remaining games are on the road anyway... seriously though, if I was a ticket buying fan I wouldn’t if I knew Siemian was starting. Why put myself through that all over again? I’d rather see Lynch lose than Siemian lose. That’s the bottom line and I think most fans would agree.

I think they should start Lynch, said that repeatedly. I was just addressing the overall fact that the front office is going to look at things a little different than fans when it comes to winning vs. losing for a better draft pick.

They take great pride in how few losing seasons they've had under Mr. Bowlen's ownership, and that lack of losing goes a long way to 73,000+ season ticket waiting list. After the bad two year stretch after McDaniel's losing ways, the renewal rates was the worst it had been in decades and what was a 15 or so year wait for season tickets dropped to the point where people that went on the list 4-6 years earlier were being called with the option to buy season tickets.

So, I'm not saying they should start Siemian, quite the opposite, but I was responding to the idea that Elway should tell VJ that this year doesn't matter, just run a six week training camp to evaluate players for next year.

Just my opinion, very likely it's wrong, but that's the way I see it.

Simple Jaded
11-20-2017, 10:22 PM
Those No-Shows should be ashamed of themselves anyway, petulant brats.

It’s comforting to know that their NFL record sellout streak is at the mercy of 10,000 teenage girls.

DT88TheGreat
11-20-2017, 10:35 PM
I think they should start Lynch, said that repeatedly. I was just addressing the overall fact that the front office is going to look at things a little different than fans when it comes to winning vs. losing for a better draft pick.

They take great pride in how few losing seasons they've had under Mr. Bowlen's ownership, and that lack of losing goes a long way to 73,000+ season ticket waiting list. After the bad two year stretch after McDaniel's losing ways, the renewal rates was the worst it had been in decades and what was a 15 or so year wait for season tickets dropped to the point where people that went on the list 4-6 years earlier were being called with the option to buy season tickets.

So, I'm not saying they should start Siemian, quite the opposite, but I was responding to the idea that Elway should tell VJ that this year doesn't matter, just run a six week training camp to evaluate players for next year.

Just my opinion, very likely it's wrong, but that's the way I see it.

So you actually think the Broncos think that we are better with lynch so well win game's....

Tned
11-20-2017, 10:45 PM
Those No-Shows should be ashamed of themselves anyway, petulant brats.

It’s comforting to know that their NFL record sellout streak is at the mercy of 10,000 teenage girls.

Not to let facts stand in the way of a good rant, but...

The no shows don't effect the sellout streak. Around 97% of the Broncos 76,000+ seats are bought by season ticket holders. The few thousand that aren't, are sold out within hours of going on sale in late summer.

The no shows effect concessions, perception, and often then show up in decreased renewals of season tickets, but do not effect the sell out, because the Broncos have every game sold out before the season ever starts.

The fact portion of this show has now been concluded, so we are free to go back to factless rants now...

Tned
11-20-2017, 10:48 PM
So you actually think the Broncos think that we are better with lynch so well win game's....

I can't really say. What I can say is that "I" think the Broncos should start Lynch to see what they have in him, that doesn't mean I think he gives the team the best chance to win -- he probably doesn't right now. I'm a fan, not a member of the Broncos front office. So, I can see why winning is important to them, and also feel that starting Lynch is important to me, as a fan.

DT88TheGreat
11-20-2017, 10:51 PM
You saying a whoooole lot of this and that back too this. Like you are playing both side's every post. You really think Trevor is still the best qb for this team lol. I can tell dude...... Wow

Tned
11-20-2017, 10:56 PM
You saying a whoooole lot of this and that back too this. Like you are playing both side's every post. You really think Trevor is still the best qb for this team lol. I can tell dude...... Wow

Trevor looked like a broken man when he was benched. Not sure that gets fixed with a three game benching. The best chance of winning right now is probably Brock, but I have no desire to see Brock play anymore, because I don't see him as a viable option for next year.

What do you think it's some kind of voodoo reverse psychology that I'm using by saying for days that I think it's time to start Lynch? :confused:

slim
11-21-2017, 12:24 AM

No.

slim
11-21-2017, 12:25 AM
Trevor looked like a broken man when he was benched. Not sure that gets fixed with a three game benching. The best chance of winning right now is probably Brock, but I have no desire to see Brock play anymore, because I don't see him as a viable option for next year.

What do you think it's some kind of voodoo reverse psychology that I'm using by saying for days that I think it's time to start Lynch? :confused:

A broken man. lol

Bronco4ever
11-21-2017, 01:12 AM
Regardless of anyone's feelings on Siemian as a QB, it's disappointing that we probably won't get to see Siemian hit/find/target Butt down the middle. Moments of potential awkward announcing calls going to waste.

ShaneFalco
11-21-2017, 01:16 AM
"Joseph will confer with newly-tapped offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave before rendering a decision." (https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Bolt/Broncos-Vance-Joseph-not-ruling-out-starting-Trevor-Siemian-in-Week-12-110813716)

I don't know what to say to this. There's delusion and then there's complete stupidity. Complete stupidity is believing in the face of reality, that any of the QBs on this roster are possible long-term starters.

Of course, they need to put Paxton in and see if he's worth squat. Give him 6 games to try and see if he can improve.

If not, then you know they need to use a top 10 pick on a QB. Right now, the Broncos have scored fewer TDs on the season than they have committed turnovers.

"You have to go to Paxton Lynch, and implement some of the stretch zone read concepts" -- Mark Schlereth.

https://i.imgur.com/QONVIyz.gif

Simple Jaded
11-21-2017, 06:56 PM
A broken man. lol

A broke-dick dog is a better term, imo.

Simple Jaded
11-21-2017, 06:59 PM

We all know Brent has been the best QB on this team since they got rid of Sloter.

Simple Jaded
11-21-2017, 07:01 PM
Not to let facts stand in the way of a good rant, but...

The no shows don't effect the sellout streak. Around 97% of the Broncos 76,000+ seats are bought by season ticket holders. The few thousand that aren't, are sold out within hours of going on sale in late summer.

The no shows effect concessions, perception, and often then show up in decreased renewals of season tickets, but do not effect the sell out, because the Broncos have every game sold out before the season ever starts.

The fact portion of this show has now been concluded, so we are free to go back to factless rants now...

Tl;dr

Tned
11-21-2017, 07:10 PM
Tl;dr

Translation of Jaded's post, "Oh shit, I really just had my dumb ass post shown to be a dumb ass post."

Simple Jaded
11-21-2017, 07:48 PM
Translation of Jaded's post, "Oh shit, I really just had my dumb ass post shown to be a dumb ass post."

Still tl;dr.

Tned
11-21-2017, 08:05 PM
Still tl;dr.

Denial is the first step to happiness. I read that in a fortune cookie last week.

Slick
11-22-2017, 03:05 PM
I'm probably your biggest fan here, Jaded. It hurt me to see Tned lay the smack down on you like that. Ouch.

Hawgdriver
11-22-2017, 09:40 PM

As long as Breck is the starter, I'm down. Retread revenge tour '18!

Simple Jaded
11-22-2017, 10:14 PM
I'm probably your biggest fan here, Jaded. It hurt me to see Tned lay the smack down on you like that. Ouch.

I demand a recount.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-22-2017, 10:51 PM
I demand a recount.

Your best move here is to pretend this never happened

Simple Jaded
11-22-2017, 11:59 PM

I still think I can win this.

LawDog
11-23-2017, 11:58 AM

Or a quick pivot to blaming the officiating. We all know zebras are in the top three of dumbest species alive. Right Spike?

Simple Jaded
11-23-2017, 02:11 PM
Or a quick pivot to blaming the officiating. We all know zebras are in the top three of dumbest species alive. Right Spike?

Elephants, donkeys and zebras.

Hawgdriver
11-23-2017, 09:34 PM
Elephants, donkeys and zebras.

Wrong forum ------>>>

Cugel
11-26-2017, 09:10 PM

Is there anybody in the US who doesn't think that? Wow!

That is not good news for the Broncs of course since Trevor sucks. It's just that Paxton sucks worst.

DT88TheGreat
11-26-2017, 10:22 PM

That is not good news for the Broncs of course since Trevor sucks. It's just that Paxton sucks worst.

No worries cugel because according to cugel getting lynch is a genius move because he is indeed a franchise quarterback.

topscribe
11-26-2017, 10:27 PM

That's what Schlereth said. Yet Dave Logan said that Siemian might be the choice.

The experts are not in agreement.

DT88TheGreat
11-26-2017, 10:29 PM
That's what Schlereth said. Yet Dave Logan said that Siemian might be the choice.

Just means the broncos are trolling the media, telling one person that his and another that.

topscribe
11-26-2017, 10:29 PM

Well, at least today, Siemian sucked to the tune of a 107.04 passer rating . . .

Tned
11-26-2017, 10:34 PM

To twist an Elway phrase a bit. I think it's pretty clear that Siemian is the best option to win now, but the question is which QB, if any on the roster, is the QB to win from now on. That's the reason that starting Lynch was the right choice.

They've got enough film to know what Siemian has done well and not well, and when it hasn't been good, how much of that was on Siemian or other's missing assignments. So, whether they see Siemian as a future starter, backup or another team's problem, they have enough film to know what they have in him. They don't really know what they have in Lynch.

topscribe
11-26-2017, 10:59 PM
To twist an Elway phrase a bit. I think it's pretty clear that Siemian is the best option to win now, but the question is which QB, if any on the roster, is the QB to win from now on. That's the reason that starting Lynch was the right choice.

They've got enough film to know what Siemian has done well and not well, and when it hasn't been good, how much of that was on Siemian or other's missing assignments. So, whether they see Siemian as a future starter, backup or another team's problem, they have enough film to know what they have in him. They don't really know what they have in Lynch.
I understand. I'm not taking a position. Just reporting what I have heard.

Simple Jaded
11-26-2017, 11:01 PM
Just means the broncos are trolling the media, telling one person that his and another that.

Lol

That’s what that means?

Simple Jaded
11-26-2017, 11:02 PM
Wrong forum ------>>>

Wait, what?

DT88TheGreat
11-26-2017, 11:21 PM
Lol

That’s what that means?

Yup, you have two different people saying Elway told them two different things.

Simple Jaded
11-26-2017, 11:27 PM
Yup, you have two different people saying Elway told them two different things.

Schlereth and Logan said that’s coming from Elway? Link please?

topscribe
11-27-2017, 12:30 AM
Schlereth and Logan said that’s coming from Elway? Link please?
I don't know about Schlereth, but I heard it from Logan off the top. He didn't get it from anybody. it was his own opinion.

Simple Jaded
11-27-2017, 01:30 AM
I don't know about Schlereth, but I heard it from Logan off the top. He didn't get it from anybody. it was his own opinion.

Thank you, Top.