PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall comment on Elway's soft comment

GEM
11-20-2017, 11:48 AM
“We just stopped executing,” Marshall said, via AltitudeTV’s Vic Lombardi. “We got sloppy. But we definitely didn’t get soft.”

:tsk: Guess he gives Elway no credit for putting the players and coaches together.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-20-2017, 11:50 AM
Good grief

Freyaka
11-20-2017, 11:59 AM
The downward spiral continues!

Sorry B-marsh, but Elway wasn't wrong, ya'll are soft. Soft players complain on social media about being called out instead of taking it to heart and busting their asses off to prove everyone wrong.

Soft as Charmin out there.

Buff
11-20-2017, 12:13 PM
I don't blame him for taking offense to Elway's comments, but he showed all the maturity of a 12 year old girl with his misguided twitter rant on the heels of a 6 game losing streak. They all need to get their shit together and quit acting like a bunch of rats on a sinking ship.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-20-2017, 12:22 PM
Last thing in article

“I was kind of taken back by it, which you should be,’’ said Von Miller, the team’s biggest star who had a tackle for loss and pass deflection, but no sacks against the Bengals. “If you have any type of emotion about you, if you play soft, your reaction should be, “What? I’m not soft.’

“But if you take a look back at it, the truth is that’s what we’ve been putting out there. That’s the type of team we’ve developed into. That’s what we got. It’s the truth. He’s telling the truth.’’

full article - http://www.9news.com/sports/player-reaction-mixed-on-boss-elways-soft-comment/493198351

Tned
11-20-2017, 12:34 PM
That coming from a guy that was once so pissed at Elway that he cropped him out of a photo he posted on Instagram. Give Von credit for manning up and saying, "yea, I don't like it, but he's right, we are and need to fix it."

Brandon? Well, I think once and for all Brandon needs to focus on playing football. I'm a big Marshall fan, but the defense has a big role to play in this losing streak.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-20-2017, 12:56 PM
Mark Haas‏Verified account @markhaastv
13h13 hours ago
Replying to @markhaastv

Derek Wolfe: “He’s the boss. Whatever he says, goes. If that’s how he feels, then we have to make sure he doesn’t feel that way. The boss says it’s not good enough, that means everybody is not doing good enough."

13h13 hours ago
Replying to @markhaastv

Darian Stewart: “He’s the boss. He made this team, and if he feels like it’s soft, then that’s what it is. Our play has shown it... As a man, you take pride, and anytime somebody calls you soft you want to come out and prove you’re not soft.”

13h13 hours ago
Replying to @markhaastv

Domato Peko: “I agree. Losing five in a row, that’s soft. How many turnovers we’ve been giving away, that’s soft. Dropping punt returns, that’s soft. Letting people run on us last week and the week before, that’s what coach was telling us too and he showed us that last night."

Nomad
11-20-2017, 12:59 PM
Most of us don't like to be called out, but sometimes it's necessary. Rather than proving Elway wrong on the field, it's going to be a Twitter war.

Tned
11-20-2017, 01:03 PM
I love Peko, both the way he plays and what he says. He looks like he's got a little tread left on the tires, so glad we will at minimum have him back next year.

wayninja
11-20-2017, 01:04 PM
We got sloppy and stopped executing, but we aren't soft!

A distinction, without much of a difference.

chazoe60
11-20-2017, 01:12 PM
We got sloppy and stopped executing, but we aren't soft!

A distinction, without much of a difference.

The OL is soft. Bolles talks tough but he blocks like a bitch, and he's soft in the head. The defense has basically given up.

This team is like an old overgrown forest, what it need is a nice cleansing forest fire.

Mike
11-20-2017, 01:32 PM
Marshall isn't worth his contract. We need a better ILB anyway.

Broncoknight30
11-20-2017, 02:14 PM
13h13 hours ago
Replying to @markhaastv

Derek Wolfe: “He’s the boss. Whatever he says, goes. If that’s how he feels, then we have to make sure he doesn’t feel that way. The boss says it’s not good enough, that means everybody is not doing good enough."

13h13 hours ago
Replying to @markhaastv

Darian Stewart: “He’s the boss. He made this team, and if he feels like it’s soft, then that’s what it is. Our play has shown it... As a man, you take pride, and anytime somebody calls you soft you want to come out and prove you’re not soft.”

13h13 hours ago
Replying to @markhaastv

Domato Peko: “I agree. Losing five in a row, that’s soft. How many turnovers we’ve been giving away, that’s soft. Dropping punt returns, that’s soft. Letting people run on us last week and the week before, that’s what coach was telling us too and he showed us that last night."

Peko is becoming my favorite Bronco..and he is a Bengal.

nevcraw
11-20-2017, 02:23 PM
I do blame elway for not putting a premium on the Middle LB position. For most teams that guy is the QB and the heart and soul of the D. this team needs that guy. maybe next year...

wayninja
11-20-2017, 02:30 PM
Broncos "took issue" with the comments by going out and losing to a terrible bengals team.

Say whatever the **** you want guys. Your play on the field is all we hear.

BeefStew25
11-20-2017, 03:28 PM
Who put this team together, John?

BroncoJoe
11-20-2017, 03:30 PM

A semi-colon might have been appropriate here instead of a comma.

GEM
11-20-2017, 04:11 PM
Take it to the lounge, guys.

Northman
11-20-2017, 04:38 PM
Broncos "took issue" with the comments by going out and losing to a terrible bengals team.

Say whatever the **** you want guys. Your play on the field is all we hear.

I could tell they played with more fire but it didnt make up for the lack of discipline they have.

Simple Jaded
11-20-2017, 04:57 PM
Marshall isn't worth his contract. We need a better ILB anyway. Marshall can just take a knee.

Wrong forum, Mod —->

Simple Jaded
11-20-2017, 04:59 PM
I do blame elway for not putting a premium on the Middle LB position. For most teams that guy is the QB and the heart and soul of the D. this team needs that guy. maybe next year...

They need to move Marshall back to SILB, imo, his 2015 position. Would love it if they started taking this position seriously.

Northman
11-20-2017, 04:59 PM
Lmao, oh shit. There goes Jaded.

Simple Jaded
11-20-2017, 05:00 PM
Lmao, oh shit. There goes Jaded.

I’m sorry, I’m triggered.

Tned
11-20-2017, 05:21 PM

We're used to it, we would expect nothing less (or more). ;)

Cugel
11-20-2017, 06:13 PM
None of Denver's inside LBs since Danny Trevathan left town can cover TEs over the middle. That includes Brandon Marshall. "The defense is solid, it's not their fault. But, that defense that used to be able to force turnovers, almost on command, have not done that this season." -- Mark Schlereth.

Brandon Marshall is gone next season. He's clearing the decks indicating that he doesn't want to be here.

Brandon Marshall‏Verified account @BMarshh54
4h4 hours ago

Brandon Marshall Retweeted Benjamin Allbright
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Brandon Marshall added,
Benjamin Allbright
Verified account @AllbrightNFL
Source: #Broncos quietly shopped Demaryius Thomas at trade deadline, and are potentially looking to move on from him this off season.

Team feels he lost strength when he switched to vegan diet, hasn't been…
33 replies 67 retweets 310 likes

He is just trolling Elway. He's gone, baby gone. You don't want to be here B-Marsh? Fine. Good-bye! :wave:

DT88TheGreat
11-20-2017, 06:18 PM
Marshall isn't worth his contract. We need a better ILB anyway. Marshall can just take a knee.

Roquan Smith!! But marshall is good as the number 2 guy in the 3-4 inside backer crew. He'd be good again next to an elite backer like roquan Smith

GEM
11-20-2017, 06:31 PM
Wrong forum, Mod —->

Just an FYI...Mike isn't a mod.

aberdien
11-20-2017, 06:57 PM
I get it. I don't think it helps the morale when the owner causes this kind of criticism. It would be fine if he told them that to their faces, but i'm assuming he didn't. It comes off as if Elway is finding somebody else to blame other than himself for his hiring and drafting decisions.

After fighting their asses off for most of the season with an offense, special teams, and coaching staff that kept losing them games, I don't blame anybody on the defense for getting offended.

aberdien
11-20-2017, 06:59 PM
http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017/11/20/denver-broncos-news-john-elway-soft-chris-harris-brandon-marshall/

Chris Harris' comment is worth noting:

“Everybody in this organization is accountable for how we are playing right now,” Harris said when asked for his thought’s on Elway’s comment.

Tned
11-20-2017, 07:01 PM
I get it. I don't think it helps the morale when the owner causes this kind of criticism. It would be fine if he told them that to their faces, but i'm assuming he didn't. It comes off as if Elway is finding somebody else to blame other than himself for his hiring and drafting decisions.

After fighting their asses off for most of the season with an offense, special teams, and coaching staff that kept losing them games, I don't blame anybody on the defense for getting offended.

If they feel like they need to take a week or so off, because their jobs are too stressful, then be man enough to give up their game checks for those weeks.

aberdien
11-20-2017, 07:13 PM
If they feel like they need to take a week or so off, because their jobs are too stressful, then be man enough to give up their game checks for those weeks.

I don't know what you're talking about.

Tned
11-20-2017, 07:17 PM
http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017/11/20/denver-broncos-news-john-elway-soft-chris-harris-brandon-marshall/

Chris Harris' comment is worth noting:

Yep, Elway should have benched anyone that didn't keep their mind on playing winning football. Shook things up a bit.

Tned
11-20-2017, 07:20 PM
I don't know what you're talking about.

The Broncos gave up 90+ points in a two week span and the defense gave up a ton of those. They played like crap. They don't get a pass because other units have played bad. Peko talked about their crap play before Elway did. Those of you excusing their poor play because other units have played bad should know that isn't a valid excuse, but if you are right, then let the highest paid LB and those other guys give their game checks back. If they don't want to do that, they should shut up and start playing better and less soft.

That's what I'm talking about. They need to stop getting a pass for being demoralized because other units are playing bad.

aberdien
11-20-2017, 07:22 PM
They can play soft all they want. I want a high draft pick!

Tned
11-20-2017, 07:33 PM
They can play soft all they want.

Take it to the lounge... ;)

Broncoknight30
11-20-2017, 08:03 PM
The Broncos gave up 90+ points in a two week span and the defense gave up a ton of those. They played like crap. They don't get a pass because other units have played bad. Peko talked about their crap play before Elway did. Those of you excusing their poor play because other units have played bad should know that isn't a valid excuse, but if you are right, then let the highest paid LB and those other guys give their game checks back. If they don't want to do that, they should shut up and start playing better and less soft.

That's what I'm talking about. They need to stop getting a pass for being demoralized because other units are playing bad.

I actually feel badly for Peko, who is one of a very few bright spots on this team. I know he wanted that win last night. He plays with passion and actual joy.

I was really hoping they could pull off the win for him. You can bet he was disappointed about this loss especially.

Simple Jaded
11-20-2017, 08:52 PM
We're used to it, we would expect nothing less (or more). ;)

I’m a product of my surroundings.

Simple Jaded
11-20-2017, 08:57 PM
Just an FYI...Mike isn't a mod.

What have you done?

BroncoWave
11-20-2017, 09:00 PM
What have you done?

They sent him off to the farm to play with all the other mods.

Simple Jaded
11-20-2017, 09:20 PM
They sent him off to the farm to play with all the other mods.

Put him out to pasture, congratulations I guess.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-21-2017, 12:56 AM
Don’t be a jackass Brandon, you don’t have the right to polish trophies when you’re 3 and freaking 7.

slim
11-21-2017, 01:07 AM
Marshall is the most overrated player on this team. Had been since he got here.

GEM
11-21-2017, 01:10 AM
What have you done?

Don't look at me, it was all you heathens. :D

Mike
11-21-2017, 09:01 AM
What have you done?

I love all the mods. I couldn't tolerate not being able to call all you ********, ********. ;)

Simple Jaded
11-21-2017, 02:57 PM
I love all the mods. I couldn't tolerate not being able to call all you ********, ********. ;)

Yeah, I get that a lot.

VonDoom
11-21-2017, 03:01 PM
Orange & Blue 760‏ @OrangeBlue760
30m30 minutes ago

Elway on soft comments reaction from players: “I was talking about everybody in the organization, and the track record we’ve had...when you’ve had success sometimes you get soft. I’d put myself at the front...I knew before I said it that some guys were not gonna like that.”

chazoe60
11-21-2017, 03:11 PM

No need to bring race into this.

Cugel
11-21-2017, 03:51 PM
Orange & Blue 760‏ @OrangeBlue760
30m30 minutes ago

Elway on soft comments reaction from players: “I was talking about everybody in the organization, and the track record we’ve had...when you’ve had success sometimes you get soft. I’d put myself at the front...I knew before I said it that some guys were not gonna like that.”

And some guys who didn't like it are going to be looking for work elsewhere next year. Elway doesn't care.

As for B-Marsh he made the mistake of defending himself on Twitter. HE's not playing soft. HE's just not a very good coverage guy against TEs and RBs over the middle. They need to upgrade his position because no Broncos ILB has been any good in coverage since Danny Trevathan was here. And that was 2 years ago.

Simple Jaded
11-21-2017, 06:31 PM
No need to bring race into this.

What do YOU mean “you people”?

dogfish
11-22-2017, 06:33 PM

chazzy is so insensitive. . .

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-22-2017, 10:57 PM

I hate it when Chaz takes cheap shots at fat bald people

Simple Jaded
11-22-2017, 11:55 PM
Posts reported.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-23-2017, 10:18 PM
Posts reported.

I was defending you. Where’s the gratitude?

Simple Jaded
11-23-2017, 10:22 PM
I was defending you. Where’s the gratitude?

I may be fat and bald but I’m not too stupid to insult.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-23-2017, 10:27 PM

Are you really fat and bald?

slim
11-23-2017, 10:27 PM

Tell us more about your mom

Simple Jaded
11-23-2017, 11:03 PM
Tell us more about your mom

Ms Mantooth is a saint!

slim
11-23-2017, 11:33 PM
Ms Mantooth is a saint!

Is she fat and bald?

Simple Jaded
11-24-2017, 04:04 AM
Are you really fat and bald?

No, not yet anyway.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-24-2017, 11:24 AM
No, not yet anyway.

Oh, ok. I was almost feeling bad; almost.

Simple Jaded
11-24-2017, 07:11 PM
Oh, ok. I was almost feeling bad; almost.

No worries cause I may not be fat and bald but I am to the stage in life where I don’t care if I get fat and bald.

Shazam!
11-24-2017, 08:33 PM
Why not shave whole head and go full bald

Simple Jaded
11-24-2017, 08:36 PM
Why not shave whole head and go full bald

Nah, if I lose my hair I’m letting it grow long and putting it in a ponytail.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
11-25-2017, 09:17 AM

Exactly.

Shazam!
11-25-2017, 09:36 AM

Exactly.

But he is not prepping the team on Gameday. The failure of hiring Joseph is on him. I don't see him back. Id be pretty surprised.

Davii
11-25-2017, 10:53 AM
All,

Discussion about players taking political stances is, by nature, political. Please keep those discussions in P&R, we don't need to derail threads in Bronco Talk to discuss it.

Thank you.

Freyaka
11-25-2017, 03:01 PM
Posts reported.

Shane is triggered somewhere.