ShaneFalco
11-19-2017, 07:59 PM
https://twitter.com/dmac1043/status/932409866529931264

ShaneFalco
11-19-2017, 08:01 PM
https://twitter.com/Broncos/status/932408980118282240

Shazam!
11-19-2017, 08:05 PM
I like how he said he was initially offended by Elways comments about them being soft. Guy is totally lost.

I Eat Staples
11-19-2017, 08:07 PM
He said Lynch is healthy, so for every game Lynch doesn't start, the coach and GM are being negligent.

UnderArmour
11-19-2017, 08:07 PM
I'm just not buying that this guy is actually in charge of the team. I feel Elway hired him because he was someone he could control, but is now realizing that approach doesn't work. I'd take John Fox back any day of the week over this garbage. Hell, if this team manages to blow 2 more games (which it will), I'd even say I would take Josh McDaniels back over him. This is an absolute dumpster fire at this point.

wayninja
11-19-2017, 08:08 PM
I was offended by his coaching.

BroncoWave
11-19-2017, 08:09 PM
I'm just not buying that this guy is actually in charge of the team. I feel Elway hired him because he was someone he could control, but is now realizing that approach doesn't work. I'd take John Fox back any day of the week over this garbage. Hell, if this team manages to blow 2 more games (which it will), I'd even say I would take Josh McDaniels back over him. This is an absolute dumpster fire at this point.

Josh McDaniels would coach circles around this guy. Not even close.

GEM
11-19-2017, 08:30 PM
This guy coaches like he's still just defensive coordinator. Offenses play hard, coach. Look at NE, they play hard. Your defense has played hard all but 1 game, but you don't just coach the defense anymore. You are responsible for 3 phases and 2 out of 3 have played like soft ***** cats. Your team is soft, you shouldn't be offended by the comment, you should be offended that you've taken a once disciplined team and turned them into a group of gutless turd burglars. That's on you and that's offensive!

ShaneFalco
11-19-2017, 08:37 PM
I dont blame you CJ

https://twitter.com/RGMileHigh/status/932416987862507521

FanInAZ
11-19-2017, 08:43 PM
He said Lynch is healthy, so for every game Lynch doesn't start, the coach and GM are being negligent.

Maybe there's issues that the HC & GM are aware of that we fans are not:

Elway was asked Friday night if Lynch would play this season.

"I will tell you this, and I mean this when I say this: I'm not looking past Sunday,'' Elway said. "We're going to take it one day at a time. When you're in these type of things, that's all you can do. Everyone has an answer, everybody's got a solution, but the bottom line is those aren't that easy. And the bottom line is how you get out of these things. You've got to work hard day in and day out, and so that's why we're not seeing Paxton [on Sunday] and continue to do that. We'll worry about it Saturday. Hopefully we'll come in Sunday and play like we're capable of playing.''

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21451137/denver-broncos-president-john-elway-says-team-become-little-bit-soft-current-losing-streak

BroncoWave
11-19-2017, 08:45 PM
Wouldn't be the first concerns we've heard about his work ethic. If it's the end of his second year and the only reason he isn't playing is because he's not working hard enough, cut that loser at the end of the year and move on.

GEM
11-19-2017, 08:46 PM
I dont blame you CJ

Gotta respect CJ for feeling that.

wayninja
11-19-2017, 08:46 PM
I wish I was there to give CJ one of my patented pep-talks;

Hey, bud, listen. We all know you wanted to show up for your team. But your team just sucks man. It just really sucks. It's ok to suck along with those guys. Those guys are your teammates, and the trash product you guys bring to the field week in and week out is leaving the fan base numb. Numb is better than pain, man. You cool? Numb it up bro.

FanInAZ
11-19-2017, 08:52 PM

Darren McKee cherry picked VJ's response. Yes, he was "...initially offended." However, he then "...stepped back & thought about what he said, um, & in some aspects he's right."

GEM
11-19-2017, 08:53 PM
Cj had played hard behind this shit line. Don't see the right tackle or left guard showing that kind of emotion.

CJ's been one of the only bright spots on that offense.

BroncoWave
11-19-2017, 08:58 PM
Cj had played hard behind this shit line. Don't see the right tackle or left guard showing that kind of emotion.

CJ's been one of the only bright spots on that offense.

CJ and Sanders give it their all every game. Can't really say that about many other guys on that side of the ball.

DT88TheGreat
11-19-2017, 09:05 PM
I dont blame you CJ

Holy shit these guy's are feeling it.... Who says they don't give a ****? They care, they just don't have the quarterback and the few more pieces to make a difference.

FanInAZ
11-19-2017, 09:07 PM
Gotta respect CJ for feeling that.

Pointing fingers only at himself while talking only about what he did to contribute to the loss. That's what you hope every player & coach is doing.

wayninja
11-19-2017, 09:09 PM
I hope the players and coaches are working to stop making stupid mistakes, which hasn't been the case for at least 6 games now.

But yeah, I guess contrition is good too... in a way.

DT88TheGreat
11-19-2017, 09:12 PM
Sometimes it's good too hit rock bottom, very humbling for alot of these guys who haven't had a terrible humbling season. Plus a top 3 pick and a group of guys coming back next year knowing that what they thought they were? Wasn't shit! Get to work, get better!

spikerman
11-19-2017, 09:16 PM
I wish I was there to give CJ one of my patented pep-talks;

Hey, bud, listen. We all know you wanted to show up for your team. But your team just sucks man. It just really sucks. It's ok to suck along with those guys. Those guys are your teammates, and the trash product you guys bring to the field week in and week out is leaving the fan base numb. Numb is better than pain, man. You cool? Numb it up bro.
Too bad that’s patented. I’d like to use it.

LawDog
11-19-2017, 10:18 PM
Holy shit these guy's are feeling it.... Who says they don't give a ****? They care, they just don't have the quarterback and the few more pieces to make a difference.

You know who ain’t feeling it? Damaryius Thomas. Never has, never will.

wayninja
11-19-2017, 10:23 PM

Well, at least he didn't go soft.

His hands, anyway.

DT88TheGreat
11-19-2017, 10:26 PM

Thomas has been through too much real ife trauma too cry over a game, doesn't mean he doesn't care though. Smh

LawDog
11-19-2017, 10:32 PM
Thomas has been through too much real ife trauma too cry over a game, doesn't mean he doesn't care though. Smh

But he cashes those checks don’t he? If he was worth a shit he’d care, regardless of the mistakes his momma and grandma made. Another dumbass take...

DT88TheGreat
11-19-2017, 10:34 PM
So if you don't cry you don't care..... Lol okay little buddy.

LawDog
11-19-2017, 10:37 PM
Ain’t your buddy, ain’t little. Ain’t got any more time to waste on your dumb ass.

DT88TheGreat
11-19-2017, 10:40 PM
If you say so buddy.

Tned
11-19-2017, 10:46 PM
Wouldn't be the first concerns we've heard about his work ethic. If it's the end of his second year and the only reason he isn't playing is because he's not working hard enough, cut that loser at the end of the year and move on.

I could have read Elway's meaning wrong, but I took that not him saying that Lynch isn't working hard, but that right now their focus isn't on next year and developing Lynch, but in ending the losing streak, and for that you have to work hard every day and then focus on winning on Sunday.

Now, that said, I can also see how he could be saying that Lynch isn't working hard day in and day out, and that's why he's not starting, but if that's the reason, why promote him to second string.

My take, and it could very well be wrong, is that they were looking at this game as one that if they could get the win, that while a longshot, the playoffs were still possible. Heck, if they had won, they would have only bee two games behind the Chiefs.

wayninja
11-19-2017, 10:53 PM
I could have read Elway's meaning wrong, but I took that not him saying that Lynch isn't working hard, but that right now their focus isn't on next year and developing Lynch, but in ending the losing streak, and for that you have to work hard every day and then focus on winning on Sunday.

Now, that said, I can also see how he could be saying that Lynch isn't working hard day in and day out, and that's why he's not starting, but if that's the reason, why promote him to second string.

My take, and it could very well be wrong, is that they were looking at this game as one that if they could get the win, that while a longshot, the playoffs were still possible. Heck, if they had won, they would have only bee two games behind the Chiefs.

You think it's possible there's a mental issue with Lynch? I believed VJ hinted at that a few weeks ago saying something along the lines of not being "physically or mentally ready"

Tned
11-19-2017, 11:03 PM
You think it's possible there's a mental issue with Lynch? I believed VJ hinted at that a few weeks ago saying something along the lines of not being "physically or mentally ready"

He backtracked it once press jumped on it, but putting aside his later spin, that sure seems to be what he was indicating.

wayninja
11-19-2017, 11:07 PM
He backtracked it once press jumped on it, but putting aside his later spin, that sure seems to be what he was indicating.

Agreed... there's something going on there that they are being extremely tight lipped about. Some mental problem seems the most likely, just not real clear what that is. If he doesn't "feel" rehabbed, or doesn't seem motivated or what, but it's a concern...

DT88TheGreat
11-19-2017, 11:26 PM
There is noway Elway or anybody would say lynch has mental issues and doesn't work hard lol. Tned read it correctly the first time.

Lynch should very well be starting jext week, there's noway hed been promoted to second string if he didn't earn it because he doesn't work hard, clearly they feel that hes earned it in the film room for one and now that he's healthy Hell get his chance to earn it on the field.

Northman
11-20-2017, 05:47 AM
Lynch didnt earn second string, there is just no other QB on the team that is healthy.

Rick
11-20-2017, 08:42 AM
I've been wrong before lol, but I think the Lynch decision will be today.

Putting Lynch second string says to me that if during the game we were getting blown out the switch would have been made yesterday.

Yesterdays presser VJ specifically said they will eval if moving on to Lynch. He wasn't asked if Oz would stay starter he was asked specifically if it was Lynch time and he said we will see. So at the very least they are thinking about it.

Who knows though, could be reading too much into it.

Tned
11-20-2017, 09:17 AM
I've been wrong before lol, but I think the Lynch decision will be today.

Putting Lynch second string says to me that if during the game we were getting blown out the switch would have been made yesterday.

Yesterdays presser VJ specifically said they will eval if moving on to Lynch. He wasn't asked if Oz would stay starter he was asked specifically if it was Lynch time and he said we will see. So at the very least they are thinking about it.

Who knows though, could be reading too much into it.

My thoughts are exactly the same as yours, including likely putting him in if it was another blowout.

One thing I don't know has been mentioned, another part of being second string is getting more reps during the week and not running the scout offense. So, with this move, presumably Trevor is running the scout/opposing offense, and they are getting to give Lynch reps in the Broncos offense to see if he has a "great week of practice."

So, while my initial take is/was the same as yours, making him the second string might simply be about getting him more work in the Broncos offense in practice and seeing how he does with it.

Davii
11-20-2017, 09:35 AM
Lynch didnt earn second string, there is just no other QB on the team that is healthy.

Trevor is perfectly healthy.

Tned
11-20-2017, 09:37 AM
Trevor is perfectly healthy.

I think his contention is not that Trevor is hurt, but instead he's not a QB (as in viable NFL QB).

Davii
11-20-2017, 09:38 AM
My thoughts are exactly the same as yours, including likely putting him in if it was another blowout.

One thing I don't know has been mentioned, another part of being second string is getting more reps during the week and not running the scout offense. So, with this move, presumably Trevor is running the scout/opposing offense, and they are getting to give Lynch reps in the Broncos offense to see if he has a "great week of practice."

So, while my initial take is/was the same as yours, making him the second string might simply be about getting him more work in the Broncos offense in practice and seeing how he does with it.

Might also be a way to slowly work him in, give him another week before going all out. I'm fairly certain Lynch will start this week. I see absolutely no reason not to start him.

Tned
11-20-2017, 09:47 AM
Might also be a way to slowly work him in, give him another week before going all out. I'm fairly certain Lynch will start this week. I see absolutely no reason not to start him.

The only reason I can even fathom is if he's so lost in practice that they think he'll be a completely overwhelmed in the game. Being second string and practicing with the Broncos offense could help that, because when you are third string/scout, you are probably getting pretty minimal development in terms of reps and what you are getting is largely in the other teams offense.

Short of that, I fully agree and I'm also figuring/hoping that he's announced as starter.

Rick
11-20-2017, 09:53 AM
And again, for those out there shaking your heads at us wanting Lynch in there...

It has nothing to do with us thinking he is the next big thing, it has everything to do with putting him in there to see if there is ANYTHING to hang the hat on to think he could be a franchise guy.

Can't really know for sure until you toss him in and let him sink or swim to see if he can pull something together.

There is a top 5 pick coming, need to know if that needs to be a QB.

Rick
11-20-2017, 02:04 PM
What time is it usually for the live Monday press conference?

weazel
11-20-2017, 02:07 PM

http://middleagedmormonman.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Flaming-bag.jpg