PDA

View Full Version : What are the odds that the gameplan this week is to run on 1st down 99% of the time again?

Broncoknight30
11-18-2017, 06:55 AM
I mean why would that change? The same stupid vanilla predictable run plays that puts the Broncos in constant 2nd and longs. You think opposing teams have seen this trend? You think this may be an actual problem?

I see a lot of crushing the OL. Unless an OL is dominant like the old hogs or the early 90s Cowboys, you cannot simply run the ball effectively when opposing defenses are geared to stop it.

Watching the games, that has been what the Broncos do on just about every first down. Then when the team is 2nd or 3rd and long, defenses can dictate to the OL. The play action does not work and this team becomes.....what it is.

Go ahead and watch the games if you have them on DVR.

The fact that this team does not even attempt to do anything new and stay with what has been totally ineffective...is puzzling to say the least.

Lets just watch what they do against the Bengals. Almost guarantee you the first play call will be a run play to CJ to the 2 hole. Lets then watch how the Bengals jump all over it as though they know it is coming.

Northman
11-18-2017, 07:01 AM
The odds would be pretty good i would gander. VJ sucks as a head coach, he and McCoy are uncreative and predictable. They also dont make in game adjustments and every time i see Joseph on the sideline with that dumbfounded look on his face im hoping he gets plastered by a linebacker. Joseph was a horrible choice for HC and contrary to some people's defense of him he has talent on this team so there is virtually no way this team should be as bad as they are.

Rick
11-18-2017, 07:44 AM
With a decent coach think this is a 8-10 win team as it's built right now.

With VJ and company this is a 3-5 win.

Cugel
11-18-2017, 12:06 PM
JEebus! What would you want them to do? Come out in a 3-wide package and start throwing the ball all over the field?

With Brock Osweiler as your starting QB, he of the 17 Tds and 19 Ints over the last 2 years? Oh, and who's your RT? LG Allen Barbre? The incomparable Donald Stephenson, who who retired in January 2016 and just never told anybody?

They better not do that or Brock Osweiler might not make it to half-time. I know we all want to see Paxton Lynch in there, but NOT like that - down by 17 points with 5 minutes to go until half-time, and Brock has been crushed like a grape by the Bengals ferocious pass-rush!

Geno Atkins has 6 sacks on the season, and Carlos Dunlop and Carl Lawson have added another 7.5. Coming out and throwing the ball all over the yard against that front seven with our OL is a guaranteed loss.

So, yes, they need to run on first down, second down, and possibly third down. At this point it isn't a question of whether they can block well enough to protect Brock. The only way to slow down that fierce pass-rush is to run right at them.

And they are going to have to do that a lot. Yes, that is probably going to mean they are down early again. Tough. They are going to have to stick with it and try and wear down the Bengals defense and score some TDs in the 2nd half. No that has been the plan and it hasn't worked yet.

But, we don't have Peyton Manning back there, and this OL couldn't block for him if we did. So, you better not do things that not only won't work, but will guarantee turnovers, and will get the QB killed in addition.

Broncoknight30
11-18-2017, 12:21 PM
JEebus! What would you want them to do? Come out in a 3-wide package and start throwing the ball all over the field?

With Brock Osweiler as your starting QB, he of the 17 Tds and 19 Ints over the last 2 years? Oh, and who's your RT? LG Allen Barbre? The incomparable Donald Stephenson, who who retired in January 2016 and just never told anybody?

They better not do that or Brock Osweiler might not make it to half-time. I know we all want to see Paxton Lynch in there, but NOT like that - down by 17 points with 5 minutes to go until half-time, and Brock has been crushed like a grape by the Bengals ferocious pass-rush!

Geno Atkins has 6 sacks on the season, and Carlos Dunlop and Carl Lawson have added another 7.5. Coming out and throwing the ball all over the yard against that front seven with our OL is a guaranteed loss.

So, yes, they need to run on first down, second down, and possibly third down. At this point it isn't a question of whether they can block well enough to protect Brock. The only way to slow down that fierce pass-rush is to run right at them.

And they are going to have to do that a lot. Yes, that is probably going to mean they are down early again. Tough. They are going to have to stick with it and try and wear down the Bengals defense and score some TDs in the 2nd half. No that has been the plan and it hasn't worked yet.

But, we don't have Peyton Manning back there, and this OL couldn't block for him if we did. So, you better not do things that not only won't work, but will guarantee turnovers, and will get the QB killed in addition.

Here is what I don't understand in regards to the QBs on the roster. Siemian played in a spread offense at Northwestern, and he actually operated it effectively.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mscfAZQ1D0&t=108s

Paxton Lynch for that matter operated that same sort of system in college also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWmXBFtiGpk&t=79s

As for the other giraffe, Osweiler has a working basic knowledge of it when he was here behind Manning. I am not saying they are capable to DUPLICATING that type of success, but they have that skill.

Not 7 step drops mind you. Rather quick rhythmic offenses. Right now whatever they are doing is NOT working. Not in any way shape or form. Should try something.

MOtorboat
11-18-2017, 12:23 PM

**** yeah! Blaze of Glory!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-18-2017, 01:02 PM
**** yeah! Blaze of Glory!

The Post of the thread! 😆

Simple Jaded
11-18-2017, 02:52 PM
The Broncos want to be a 3-wide offense, they just don’t have 3 WR’s.