PDA

View Full Version : The uncomfortable position of hoping the Broncos lose.

Broncoknight30
11-17-2017, 04:59 AM
Is this where we are now, or are some still actually hoping that they somehow finish 8-8 or 9-7?

Just wondering, cause this is a rather rare time. I mean the land of mediocrity that lasted from 2006 to 2011 was a very frustrating time.

How many here think if Broncos get one of the top 3 picks that they will be drafting a QB?

Here is the situation. The season is over. Is there still hope for Lynch? Are there any tentative plans for Kelly? If they do draft a QB, do they come back with this shit staff?

This franchise is truly screwed. I cannot even think of a viable candidate for HC right now for next year.

IF the Broncos finish with a 6-10 or 7-9 record, would that be enough for this shit staff to stay?

I have this weird feeling this staff will be coming back...
UNLESS this team loses out.

Which means we should hoping they lose out. Right?

Right?

EastCoastBronco
11-17-2017, 09:23 AM
Why, in the name of Christ would you draft a top level QB and out him behind the line we currently have.
All top picks we have need to go toward tackles and guards... period.

Freyaka
11-17-2017, 09:34 AM
Is this where we are now, or are some still actually hoping that they somehow finish 8-8 or 9-7?

Just wondering, cause this is a rather rare time. I mean the land of mediocrity that lasted from 2006 to 2011 was a very frustrating time.

How many here think if Broncos get one of the top 3 picks that they will be drafting a QB?

Here is the situation. The season is over. Is there still hope for Lynch? Are there any tentative plans for Kelly? If they do draft a QB, do they come back with this shit staff?

This franchise is truly screwed. I cannot even think of a viable candidate for HC right now for next year.

IF the Broncos finish with a 6-10 or 7-9 record, would that be enough for this shit staff to stay?

Right?

As much as it pains me, if you aren't first, you're last. At this point we aren't making the playoffs, we aren't winning the division. Yes we could have some Christmas miracle and win out and somehow sneak in as a wildcard, but for what? The only reason to win is for pride and this team has no pride in themselves this year.

As much as it stings, I'd rather we lose out, get a top 5 draft pick and go to town rebuilding this team. Draft a stud QB, some o-line, a few linebackers and make a comeback next year.

Freyaka
11-17-2017, 09:36 AM
Why, in the name of Christ would you draft a top level QB and out him behind the line we currently have.

You can fix more than one issue in a years time. This o-line isn't nearly as bad as you think it is. At the beginning of the year, absolutely, but it has taken steps forwards and gotten better as a unit. We need a RT and a G, that's it. Sign a guard in FA, draft a RT with your second round pick or use the second round pick to trade back into the back half of the first round.

EastCoastBronco
11-17-2017, 09:39 AM
You can fix more than one issue in a years time. This o-line isn't nearly as bad as you think it is. At the beginning of the year, absolutely, but it has taken steps forwards and gotten better as a unit. We need a RT and a G, that's it. Sign a guard in FA, draft a RT with your second round pick or use the second round pick to trade back into the back half of the first round.

The O-Line is pretty ******* bad.
QB destroyer bad.

Dreadnought
11-17-2017, 09:50 AM
I will never root against the Broncos for draft position. To me, even in a down year, the object of the exercise is to win as many games as possible. Ideally to also sweep the Raiders

Nomad
11-17-2017, 09:56 AM
I will never root against the Broncos for draft position. To me, even in a down year, the object of the exercise is to win as many games as possible. Ideally to also sweep the Raiders

Each to their own, but I'll never root for the BRONCOS to lose.

Freyaka
11-17-2017, 10:26 AM
QB destroyer bad.

It's not though... Watch, really watch. The QB's have had time the last several weeks and the times that they are getting blown up, it's normally due to the RT.

According to football outsiders, our o-line ranks 10th in pass protection with an adjusted sack rate of 5.8%.
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Everyone wants to scapegoat the o-line and in the beginning of the year I'd have agreed with you, but the o-line is there. It's protecting. Pass protection isn't the problem. Running could be better, our o-line is ranked 18th in run blocking, but we can pass protect now.

Slick
11-17-2017, 10:33 AM

Each to their own, but I'll never root for the BRONCOS to lose.

I respect these opinions but I see the other side too. Nobody that is a fan of the team enjoys seeing Denver lose but I get the reasoning behind, "well, we're out of any playoff picture..."

You root for a higher draft pick because you believe it will help the team get better much faster. Denver was stuck in mediocrity so long under Shanahan because he never really sucked enough to get any real difference makers in round 1.

I don't know that Denver's drafted well enough lately for that to make a difference.

Shazam!
11-17-2017, 10:38 AM
QB destroyer bad.

It's not though... Watch, really watch.

I suggest you do this. They are AWFUL. There is nothing they do good. I mean GOOD. Nothing. Thats why they are getting creamed because there are no smoke amd mirrors.

Freyaka
11-17-2017, 10:58 AM
I suggest you do this. They are AWFUL. There is nothing they do good. I mean GOOD. Nothing. Thats why they are getting creamed because there are no smoke amd mirrors.

A lot of the sacks and hits this year have been QB's holding the ball far longer than they should. We had zero sacks last week. I'm by no means saying this line is good, but it's not the worst in the league and it's not nearly as awful as some of you make it out to be. We are getting solid play out of Boles, Leary and Paradis. We need two o-line positions. Guards can be found in free agency, we need a RT.

We aren't miles away from a good line, we need to replace a turnstile RT (which really, again, we gave up zero sacks with Malik finally not out there anymore) Barbre didn't play poorly and I have hope he can shore up that position going forward. I have been watching. For at least the last 5 weeks, the majority of our problems on the o-line have been related to the QB playing like an idiot. When TS was out there he was stepping into the pressure when there was a clear pocket for him to reside in or he was holding the ball too freaking long. Brock is playing smarter and actually helping the o-line out instead of making them look worse than they actually are.

VonDoom
11-17-2017, 01:42 PM
Freyaka is making a lot of sense in this thread. Our line isn't good, but it also isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. We have a very good C and RG right now, and our LT is showing promise - I expect him to be even better next year. We need a RT desperately and we certainly could use an upgrade at LG. But as I said in another thread, no team is great at all five positions. Depth is a problem too, and that will come with time if we actually focus on the line. It wasn't going to be solved in one year, but Bolles and Leary were a good start. Think about it - the Cowboys have three all pros on their line but even they have depth issues - with Tyron Smith out last week, Prescott got abused.

In any case, we need a QB and that should be our number one focus, no matter how we get it.

As to the OP, I know it would be better to finish with the best pick possible, but I cannot root against my own team. I loved beating the Raiders in week 17 last week even if it cost us a few draft picks (and that was when we had already officially been eliminated from the playoffs).

MOtorboat
11-17-2017, 01:53 PM
The problems start with the quarterback. Always does in the NFL. If they're in position to get one next year, they have to.

That said, I don't hope they lose.

Cugel
11-17-2017, 02:08 PM

Totally wrong! TOTALLY WRONG!

There is only 1 way to win consistently in the NFL, and that is to have an elite QB. So, the Broncos need to do BOTH. One does NOT come before the other, except to the extent that scarcity determines where you draft them.

Elite Franchise QB prospects are normally only found in the top 10 picks, often top 5. RTs can be found in the second round. Since the Broncos will be drafting in the top 10 of the SECOND round as well, they can draft an OL there.

NOBODY in the NFL uses a top 5 pick on a T unless they need a LT, AND unless they already HAVE a franchise QB.

The Broncos will have to improve dramatically to get 3 more wins out of the next 7 games, and that will only get them to 6-10. To do better than that they will have to win more than they lose (4-3 gets them to 7-9).

They are probably going to be 4-12 or 5-11 and they could even go 3-13. That is possible the way they are playing, with the defense giving up 40-50 points a game now.

3-13 or 4-12 gets them a top 5 pick, and they will use that on a QB. The only possible exception would be if the Broncos didn't like any of the top QBs and saw the chance to draft a monster pass-rushing DL like JJ Watt, Joey Bosa, Melvin Ingram or Kalil Mack. That would restore the defense to what they lost when they lost Malik Jackson.

But, even that need pales into insignificance before the need to draft a franchise QB.

Who the Hell will start for them next year if they don't? Trevor? He's toast. They have given up on him. Paxton? The fans have accepted his total uselessness even if Elway has not. They will try and see what they have in him. And we know that is nothing. Brock? Brock will be a FA and will be let go. He'll be a backup somewhere else next season. Chad Kelly?

He's a rookie who will need to develop for a couple of years, if he ever does. If the Franchise QB they draft doesn't develop as they hope, well, they still have Chad Kelly and Paxton on the roster as "break glass in case of emergency" QBs.

Pay $25m a year to Kirk Cousins, who will probably stay in DC anyway? Pay something similar to Drew Brees?

Check out Bree's deal:

Drew Brees signed a 1 year, $24,250,000 contract with the New Orleans Saints, including a $30,000,000 signing bonus, $24,250,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $24,250,000. In 2017, Brees will earn a base salary of $13,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of $19,000,000 and a dead cap value of $37,000,000.

No wonder the Saints have no talent! They are paying a boat-load of money to Brees, and that money is going to go UP since Brees will be an unrestricted FA next season. Some team will give him whatever he wants. And he has NOT been willing to take deferred money like Tom Brady to help the salary cap. He wants to get paid $$$$.

The only way to get a cost effective elite QB is to draft and develop him. And that takes a top 5 pick - unless you just get amazingly lucky and find Aaron Rogers at #24, or Drew Brees at #32 or Russell Wilson in the 3rd round. But, that just isn't likely. And attempting to turn a 7th round QB or a late 2nd round QB like Brock into a Franchise QB usually doesn't work ! Then you are just wasting more seasons grooming a guy who will never be able to do the job!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-17-2017, 02:16 PM
One would think a guy who graduated from Stanford and won two Super Bowls and five conference championships would value intangibles over a big arm, but what do I know?

BeefStew25
11-17-2017, 02:17 PM
Losing creates a losing culture. Hard pass.

Cugel
11-17-2017, 02:24 PM
Freyaka is making a lot of sense in this thread. Our line isn't good, but it also isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. We have a very good C and RG right now, and our LT is showing promise - I expect him to be even better next year. We need a RT desperately and we certainly could use an upgrade at LG. But as I said in another thread, no team is great at all five positions. Depth is a problem too, and that will come with time if we actually focus on the line. It wasn't going to be solved in one year, but Bolles and Leary were a good start. Think about it - the Cowboys have three all pros on their line but even they have depth issues - with Tyron Smith out last week, Prescott got abused.

In any case, we need a QB and that should be our number one focus, no matter how we get it.

As to the OP, I know it would be better to finish with the best pick possible, but I cannot root against my own team. I loved beating the Raiders in week 17 last week even if it cost us a few draft picks (and that was when we had already officially been eliminated from the playoffs).

I agree. Beating the Raiders helped keep the Raiders down. They lost the division title as a result, and after their playoff loss last year, they tanked this year, just not as bad as Denver because their QB is actually good, not like Denver's stiffs.

But, what would be best for the team? To get a top 3 pick, and select the best damn QB ever in Denver history (Elway was drafted but obviously by the Colts, and Manning was a FA).

Freyaka
11-17-2017, 02:24 PM

Really, we get an RT that can prevent pass rushers from spinning right around him and we'll be able to manage. It would be nice to have a solid LG, but we can make due with what we've got as long as the RT stops leaking like a siv. That's our issue. Draft a QB with our top 5 pick, package some of our vast number of picks to move back into the first round and draft a stud RT and then grab a MLB or two, and some depth at other positions.

As for the LG position, I think we can safely address that by adding some more depth/competition to start via FA. I don't think it's as imperative to upgrade that position via the draft/

Dreadnought
11-17-2017, 02:26 PM

So too can chasing "elite" QB's if they aren't there to be had. Terrible franchises do this regularly, drafting one chump after another, wasting high draft picks on duds (like I suspect Paxton Lynch is) as the rest of the roster slowly disintegrates. If there is the next Philip Rivers or Drew Brees, even Andrew Luck in the draft by all means make your move and go for him. If its a bad QB class, or the next best available played in a spread or some such then work on the rest of your needs. If the free agent market says Kirk Cousins gets 25% of your total cap space to sign then you pass on that too. Its like quicksand; If you get desperate and panicky you'll never get out.

Freyaka
11-17-2017, 02:27 PM
The problems start with the quarterback. Always does in the NFL. If they're in position to get one next year, they have to.

I don't trust Elway to grab a good QB late in the first, I just don't. I hate seeing this team win...I turn into an angry jackass when we lose, but I'd feel so much better with a top 5 pick than pick 12+ if we start winning some games.

It feels dirty saying it, but I'd rather we just suck the rest of this year so that we can enjoy years and years of not sucking going forward.

Freyaka
11-17-2017, 02:28 PM
So too can chasing "elite" QB's if they aren't there to be had. Terrible franchises do this regularly, drafting one chump after another, wasting high draft picks on duds (like I suspect Paxton Lynch is) as the rest of the roster slowly disintegrates. If there is the next Philip Rivers or Drew Brees, even Andrew Luck in the draft by all means make your move and go for him. If its a bad QB class, or the next best available played in a spread or some such then work on the rest of your needs. If the free agent market says Kirk Cousins gets 25% of your total cap space to sign then you pass on that too. Its like quicksand; If you get desperate and panicky you'll never get out.

The thing about this year is that it is a really strong QB class, and there are a few that are going early that are going to be stud.

Rick
11-17-2017, 02:30 PM
I agree. Beating the Raiders helped keep the Raiders down. They lost the division title as a result, and after their playoff loss last year, they tanked this year, just not as bad as Denver because their QB is actually good, not like Denver's stiffs.

But, what would be best for the team? To get a top 3 pick, and select the best damn QB ever in Denver history (Elway was drafted but obviously by the Colts, and Manning was a FA).

<whisper>Psst. that good QB they have...was a second round pick</whisper>

Dreadnought
The thing about this year is that it is a really strong QB class, and there are a few that are going early that are going to be stud.

I'll confess to ignorance here. College ball bores me, so I don't follow it

Cugel

YOu are absolutely right! I've thought of that and it is a problem. But, this is a rebuilding team anyway. I mean, what do you call a 5-11 team? "A losing team" right? So, they are losing anyway. They suck anyway. Their offense is horrible anyway.

I don't think any clever fan really believes that this team could win with Trevor behind a mediocre OL. Now if they had a really GOOD QB they could win. Seattle's OL has been worse than the Broncos for years now, or at least equally bad. They actually traded away their pro-bowl C Max Unger for TE Jimmy Graham. The leader of their OL , because they didn't wan to pay him! But, Russell Wilson makes them look better than they are.

Denver needs a QB like that. Fans who think that somehow magically the Broncos are going to "Fix" the OL are just delusional. The entire NFL suffers from bad OL play. Pass rushers are getting bigger and faster and better all the time. And OL are still big slow dudes who are totally outclassed athletically by the men they are going against.

Because if you are big and slow and not terribly athletic, in college you play OL. Same sized guy who has speed and agility? NO WAY he plays OL. They move him over to the DL and make him a pass-rusher. So, the best athletes rush the passer and the big fatties try to block them, often unsuccessfully.

Cugel
11-17-2017, 02:34 PM

Of course! And Tom Brady was a 6th rounder. So what? They got lucky, that's all. The Cowboys wanted to trade up ahead of Denver and grab Paxton Lynch, but didn't. Instead the Broncos got him, to Jerry Jones' chagrin, and the Cowboys wound up with DAk Prescott in the 4th round.

LUCK. You can't depend on it. The only smart thing to do is to get the odds in your favor by drafting the best prospect in the draft if you can - and that means top 5 almost every year.

Elway tried to do it the cheap way three times and the result was Osweiler, Paxton and Trevor. And none of them are any good. No surprise there, but let's not repeat that mistake again.

Get the best damn prospect in the draft if you can! The closest thing to a sure-fire-can't-miss prospect as you can find. Paxton was well regarded, but certainly not a great prospect, since Memphis did not prepare him to run a pro-style system.

VonDoom
11-17-2017, 02:38 PM

Only because teams like the Browns are dumb, and decided to roll with Johnny Football instead of the clearly better player.

That being said, our first round QB looks like a bust. I'm not saying you HAVE to pick your QB in the early part of the first round, but it improves your odds - Winston, Mariota, Goff and Wentz just in the last few years all look at worst decent and at best like decade long franchise starters. Too early to say on this last class, but Watson looks the part, and he was picked twelfth. There are going to be good QB's available this year - we just have to be smart enough to pick the right guy. The Raiders were lucky enough to have their guy fall, and we traded up to select our giraffe.

Rick
11-17-2017, 02:42 PM
You can't depend on luck anymore than you can depend on that top 5 pick QB becoming a star.

Winston isn't a stud yet.

Mariota 8tds, 10 ints.

Luck is great.

Goff looks great this year, looked like shit last year.

Wentz looks the part.

RG3 flamed out.

Jawalrus Russell??

Ryan Leaf?

Rick Miror?

Blaine Gabbert?

Vince Young?

The thing is a crap shoot.

Rick
11-17-2017, 02:49 PM
To add to this list, Bradford and Alex Smith.

Bradford has talent and with the right team, if he can stay out of the tub, he is a QB capable of helping a team go deep in the playoffs. But he sure isn't a QB good enough to just throw a team on his back.

Alex Smith has never done anything, he has always been consistent but a franchise caliber QB? This year maybe...

underrated29
11-17-2017, 03:04 PM

Right?

You mean it huh?

Look at all you guys meaning what you say. This is incredible!

Nomad
11-17-2017, 03:58 PM

Coaching and drafting, as well.. Cleveland drafts top 5 every year and still sucks.

Nomad
11-17-2017, 04:03 PM
Elway does what he did best, and read the defensive side of the ball. He's had success in drafting defense. Perhaps, and seemingly coming to light, passing on Shanahan may have been the wrong move. He needs an offensive guru to come help out, and consult.

Freyaka
11-17-2017, 04:15 PM

Fair enough, it's a good year to get a QB in the draft. If we want a long term superstar, IMO getting one this year is a must, giving Paxton a year and having to get one next year...it's not as deep of a class next year (that can obviously change).

I'd love to see us land Baker Mayfield or Josh Rosen. I hope we avoid Darnold because...well USC QB's always suck in the pros. There are probably 3-4 top tier QB's in this years draft.

Nomad
11-17-2017, 04:18 PM

Wha? I missed this. I figured you for an Army Golden Knights fanatic.

Freyaka
11-17-2017, 04:19 PM

A lot of that depends on the QB class though. Some classes you can find a guy late because it's deep. This one is deep, but regardless, I'd absolutely prefer to see us snag one of the top QB's rather than take a chance on someone later in the first or second round.

Freyaka
11-17-2017, 04:20 PM
Elway does what he did best, and read the defensive side of the ball. He's had success in drafting defense. Perhaps, and seemingly coming to light, passing on Shanahan may have been the wrong move. He needs an offensive guru to come help out, and consult.

That's why I actually think it would be potentially ok to get Shanny Sr here. It won't happen because he and Ellis clash, but Shanny Sr drafting the offensive talent, John in charge of the defense, it could potentially work for us.

Nomad
11-17-2017, 04:29 PM
I still can't believe Dread doesn't like college football, not even the Ivy League. It's a shot to the heart. :D

VonDoom
11-17-2017, 04:33 PM
Fair enough, it's a good year to get a QB in the draft. If we want a long term superstar, IMO getting one this year is a must, giving Paxton a year and having to get one next year...it's not as deep of a class next year (that can obviously change).

I'd love to see us land Baker Mayfield or Josh Rosen. I hope we avoid Darnold because...well USC QB's always suck in the pros. There are probably 3-4 top tier QB's in this years draft.

I'm on the Mayfield train, as you may have seen in other threads. I'm not sold on Rosen, mostly for his attitude. I like Darnold. I can understand your fear of USC QB's, but that can't be a hard, fast rule, right? If he can play, it won't matter what school he went to.

Nomad
11-17-2017, 04:38 PM
I'm on the Mayfield train, as you may have seen in other threads. I'm not sold on Rosen, mostly for his attitude. I like Darnold. I can understand your fear of USC QB's, but that can't be a hard, fast rule, right? If he can play, it won't matter what school he went to.

Finally....someone has said it.

Broncoknight30
11-17-2017, 04:45 PM

BIG XII QB?

Maybe he will be the one.

Cause I cannot think of the last one from that no defense conference that made a great career in the NFL.

Dreadnought
11-17-2017, 04:45 PM
I still can't believe Dread doesn't like college football, not even the Ivy League. It's a shot to the heart. :D

Blame the advent of the spread offense. I hate it and won't watch it. Boring as crap, and not real football. Plus the mismatches in general are ridiculous

Broncoknight30
11-17-2017, 05:07 PM
I am not even 100% sure I care all that much about getting a top 3 pick. I personally don't like Rosen, cause I don't think he is all that passionate about football. I am not drawn to Mayfield cause we have been fooled too many times by QBs that put up huge numbers in that conference that has not played defense since 2000.

That leads to Darnold and he might be the best of them and I have not been all that impressed.

Then again, all of them would be better imo than anything on this roster now.

I find myself wanting this team to lose so that the coaching staff is gutted. VJ was a bad hire. He is in way over his head. I do feel bad for him and I hate actually calling for people's jobs.

However, as a fan, I just cannot bear another year with these press conferences.

Freyaka
11-17-2017, 05:13 PM

I hear what you are saying, but Mark Sanchez just keeps going through my head lol.

MOtorboat
11-17-2017, 05:14 PM
Jake Browning.

Freyaka
I am not even 100% sure I care all that much about getting a top 3 pick. I personally don't like Rosen, cause I don't think he is all that passionate about football. I am not drawn to Mayfield cause we have been fooled too many times by QBs that put up huge numbers in that conference that has not played defense since 2000.

That leads to Darnold and he might be the best of them and I have not been all that impressed.

Then again, all of them would be better imo than anything on this roster now.

I find myself wanting this team to lose so that the coaching staff is gutted. VJ was a bad hire. He is in way over his head. I do feel bad for him and I hate actually calling for people's jobs.

However, as a fan, I just cannot bear another year with these press conferences.

His press conferences are so painful... It's hilarious watching them on facebook live though. Just a non-stop stream of angry faces flying across the screen while he speaks.

Freyaka
Part of me would be ok with that kid from Wyoming.

Tbolt
11-17-2017, 05:48 PM
I kind of think they will beat Cincy and go on a 2 or 3 game run. But, then, I thought they had a chance to beat NE too.

Losing breads losing. Denver has been a consistently winning franchise having drafted in the top 5, what, twice in the last 40 years, with 8 SB trips during that time. So clearly, the Denver Nuggets model of Championship building is not necessarily the most successful way to go about it.

NFL is a parity league. Are we that much less talented than the teams we are lining up against? More poorly coached, sure, but not less talented.

Point being, I really feel we have built on success during failed seasons in years past. You can't evaluate your team properly if everyone is mailing it in. I have always bought into the carry over effect. Granted, that hasn't been the case this year, but I think there were too many changes. I look at Shanahan's first year when we were 7-8 going into the last game against the Raiders, a team that had been giving us fits for a few seasons and gotten into Elway's head a bit. We had a big comeback and won that game, then came out of the gate strong the next year on our way to 13-3, and playing the Raiders never gave Elway a problem again, nor did the team seem intimidated playing them.

Anyway, just stating, no reason to root for losses.

DT88TheGreat
11-17-2017, 06:40 PM
Not uncomfortable for me, I pretty much will be disappointed if we win anymore game's this year. I recognize that the draft picks are more valuable than another win or two.....

DT88TheGreat
11-17-2017, 06:43 PM

Right?

Your point of view hoping for losses for a coach to be fired is silly as hell though, especially since under no circumstances will the coach be fired.

Sorry but this thread....... Mind boggling, Vance Joseph is NOT going any where, the sooner some of you accept that the sooner we can stop seeing these type of ridiculous fire vance post.

Broncoknight30
11-17-2017, 06:53 PM
Your point of view hoping for losses for a coach to be fired is silly as hell though, especially since under no circumstances will the coach be fired.

Sorry but this thread....... Mind boggling, Vance Joseph is NOT going any where, the sooner some of you accept that the sooner we can stop seeing these type of ridiculous fire vance post.

The longer it takes for elway to realize the mistake of a hire, it most likely won't matter who they draft or what FA they sign.

Hope I am wrong.

Northman
11-17-2017, 07:00 PM
https://ohmy.disney.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Q3-Jack-Sparrow.png

We must lose... to win

Nomad
11-17-2017, 07:01 PM
https://ohmy.disney.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Q3-Jack-Sparrow.png

LoL!!

Northman
11-17-2017, 07:02 PM
But, then, I thought they had a chance to beat NE too.

I cant believe people actually thought we had a chance to beat NE this year. This team is bad (like real bad) and yet people are still not seeing it.

MOtorboat
11-17-2017, 07:21 PM

Edit: Apparently not. Could have sworn he was a Denver kid.

VonDoom
11-17-2017, 07:33 PM

Haven’t seen enough of him to have a credible opinion yet. But I hear he’s got size and arm strength and little else. We already have that guy!

MOtorboat
11-17-2017, 07:39 PM
Haven’t seen enough of him to have a credible opinion yet. But I hear he’s got size and arm strength and little else. We already have that guy!

ESPN's (I think that was ESPN, maybes CBSSN) sideline reporter did a bit on him before the CSU-Wyoming game (aired in game) on how he's become a film rat. Same coaches as Wentz. Statistically, he's not having as good of a season as last, but I think he can be a guy in the NFL. He's probably going to wow at the combine too.

dogfish
11-17-2017, 08:42 PM

i tend to agree with this. . . i'm not the biggest fan of mini-shanny, but to me he was probably the best choice. . . i feel like they over-thought it with that "leader of men" non-sense. . . joseph was too unproven for my taste, and he has looked every bit of it, unfortunately. . . should have brought in the smart offensive kid to fix the offense, and kept wade effing phillips. . . i said so at the time, so that's not second-guessing. . .

as far as losing goes. . . nah, i can't actively root for us to lose, but my heart knows it's what's best for us at this point. . . we just lost five in a row, and got blown out hardcore the last two weeks-- we couldn't even keep it competitive past halftime. . . shit, the giants have lost to all of the 8 other teams they've played, and they smoked us. . . people honestly still think we can turn around and run off a 6-7 game winning streak? i just don't see it. . . i mean ( :waves: ), is there one damn thing we're doing well right now? our offense is broken without the pieces on-hand to fix it, and we have no QB-- plus our special teams has to be the worst in the league, and the defense has now sprung huge leaks as well. . . we can't field a punt cleanly, or consistently handle the kickoff without screwing it up. . . bolles is playing like a rookie, no RT, no TEs, no slot receiver. . . injuries and vanilla scheme have neutered our pass rush, and we create no turnovers. . . even our previously stout run D gave up the ghost against philly and new england. . . that doesn't mean the roster is garbage, or that things are hopeless. . . i just don't see where that type of crazy turn-around is going to come from this year, though. . .

there's no shame in having a couple down years when you lose a HOF QB, and your 1st round pick doesn't pan out. . . it happens. . . there's a big difference between losing intentionally, and reaching the point where it just makes sense to get reps for your young players, and let the chips fall where they will. . . i'm not okay with guys not playing hard, that is a culture problem. . . i am fine at this point with losing games with our kids out there, making mistakes and learning so they'll be readier to go next year. . . or so the coaches can see them make too many mistakes, and know we need another body there in the draft or FA. . .

do it now, wait for the next loss, whatever. . . i'm ready for them to dress deangelo henderson instead of jamaal charles. . . and FFS, get lynch out there as soon as he's physically capable-- unless you're ready to just release him in the off-season, let's see if he can do anything or not. . . losing sucks, but when a good franchise has a bad season, sometimes they come out of it with a von miller the next year. . . just puttin' it out there. . .

:defense:

BroncoWave
11-17-2017, 08:46 PM
I can't actively root for Denver to lose, as it's just not physically possible for me, but I absolutely don't get upset when they lose in a lost season like this.

Simple Jaded
11-17-2017, 10:09 PM
ESPN's (I think that was ESPN, maybes CBSSN) sideline reporter did a bit on him before the CSU-Wyoming game (aired in game) on how he's become a film rat. Same coaches as Wentz. Statistically, he's not having as good of a season as last, but I think he can be a guy in the NFL. He's probably going to wow at the combine too.
He lost his best receivers to graduation ... at Wyoming.

VonDoom
11-17-2017, 10:51 PM
i tend to agree with this. . . i'm not the biggest fan of mini-shanny, but to me he was probably the best choice. . . i feel like they over-thought it with that "leader of men" non-sense. . . joseph was too unproven for my taste, and he has looked every bit of it, unfortunately. . . should have brought in the smart offensive kid to fix the offense, and kept wade effing phillips. . . i said so at the time, so that's not second-guessing. . .

I wanted Shanny too, because of the Bronco connection and the possibility that we could have kept Wade (not sure if that was true and I guess we'll never know). He also had the pedigree of a great offensive mind, which is what we needed (and still need). Looks the best offensive mind was a guy we never even considered though, which was Sean McVay, who proved that coaching matters.

DT88TheGreat
11-17-2017, 11:23 PM
Kyle sbanaban is going to be picking top 3 right with Vance Joseph, fire him he's a first year hc as well who is struggling on all 3 phases including offense where he's such a genius..... Or does he simply need a competent quarterback? His first real trade was going and getting a quarterback..... Hut yet Vance should be fired when he doesn't have a quarterback playing well..... Fire vance and we should've had the guy whose picking top 3 like Denver lol.

Come on mane.

DT88TheGreat
11-17-2017, 11:28 PM
Vance goes nowhere, if they want too promote Musgrave then fine but I doubt that happens..... You just cant keep changing coaches and schemes every year man! You become a bottom dweller in the league for year's and year's! The Broncos are a good team in a down year! A down year that's needed to inject top shelf talent into the roster. You really think elway is that dumb top fire a rookie HC because the offense needs a quarterback and a couple more linemen? Something that was dragging us down for year's? Year's before vance got here we had a so called offensive mastermind who runs the exact same offense and scheme as Kyle shanahan lol.... Guess what? It failed

HORSEPOWER 56
11-18-2017, 09:00 AM
I’m okay with the Broncos losing out. The way they’ve been playing, they don’t deserve and haven’t earned a win since the bye week. This team stinks from the top down. They know it and we know it. It doesn’t make us lesser fans to be honest with the status of the team as it truly is and to realize that at this point it’s better for the team moving forward to look to the draft and FA than to continue to hope for miracles and that this team will finally “get it” and coach/play to their potential.

I’ll always be a fan, but in my own selfish way, I’d like to see some of the pain the fans have endured this season be felt by the team. I don’t want any symbolic or emotional victories. I don’t want any token wins vs bad teams just to get their, or our, confidence up.

Most of all, I want this season to end so poorly that the entire team from top to bottom realizes just how badly they’ve performed and that serious, team-altering change is needed. A couple late season wins will just bolster some bullshit, “see we improved near the end of the season, we just need more time for the current coaches and players to be great next year”. That’s horseshit. This team needs to look in the mirror and understand they aren’t the guys who won a chip 2 years ago anymore. They need a dose of reality. Perhaps they need a little fear that some housecleaning is coming. Half of our players on offense wouldn’t have a job on other teams perhaps we should let guys like Stephenson, Garcia, Watson, Heuerman, Fowler, etc test that market.

VonDoom
11-18-2017, 10:34 AM
Kyle sbanaban is going to be picking top 3 right with Vance Joseph, fire him he's a first year hc as well who is struggling on all 3 phases including offense where he's such a genius..... Or does he simply need a competent quarterback? His first real trade was going and getting a quarterback..... Hut yet Vance should be fired when he doesn't have a quarterback playing well..... Fire vance and we should've had the guy whose picking top 3 like Denver lol.

Come on mane.

Shanny took over a 2-14 team that needed a complete overhaul. Joseph took over a 9-7 team that had won the Super Bowl the year before and still had plenty of those players.

Broncoknight30
11-18-2017, 10:43 AM
Vance goes nowhere, if they want too promote Musgrave then fine but I doubt that happens..... You just cant keep changing coaches and schemes every year man! You become a bottom dweller in the league for year's and year's! The Broncos are a good team in a down year! A down year that's needed to inject top shelf talent into the roster. You really think elway is that dumb top fire a rookie HC because the offense needs a quarterback and a couple more linemen? Something that was dragging us down for year's? Year's before vance got here we had a so called offensive mastermind who runs the exact same offense and scheme as Kyle shanahan lol.... Guess what? It failed

Yeah,.but Vance Joseph sucks. He seems like a good guy, but he is not an effective coach. There are no indications as far as RESULTS that suggest he is an NFL coach.

DT88TheGreat
11-18-2017, 10:56 AM
Shanny took over a 2-14 team that needed a complete overhaul. Joseph took over a 9-7 team that had won the Super Bowl the year before and still had plenty of those players.

Joseph took over a 9-7 team that was clearly declining, you keep mentioning this superbowl shit as if we were a dynasty or something, we won the chip..... Fine but it was never going to be duplicated... NEVER. Which is why we missed the damn playoffs and went on a serious losing skid the second half of last season. Vance didn't inherit a great team, he inherited a good defense that was cleary wearing down due too a abnormal usage rate and a pathetic special team's and a historically bad offense. But here you are making excuses for a coach of another team and won't give oir own first year coach the benefit of doubt. A shame.

Broncoknight30
11-18-2017, 11:00 AM
Joseph took over a 9-7 team that was clearly declining, you keep mentioning this superbowl shit as if we were a dynasty or something, we won the chip..... Fine but it was never going to be duplicated... NEVER. Which is why we missed the damn playoffs and went on a serious losing skid the second half of last season. Vance didn't inherit a great team, he inherited a good defense that was cleary wearing down due too a abnormal usage rate and a pathetic special team's and a historically bad offense. But here you are making excuses for a coach of another team and won't give oir own first year coach the benefit of doubt. A shame.

Vance Joseph sucks

DT88TheGreat
11-18-2017, 11:07 AM
Yeah,.but Vance Joseph sucks. He seems like a good guy, but he is not an effective coach. There are no indications as far as RESULTS that suggest he is an NFL coach.

You dudes are way too bias against your own first year coach but make excuses for another team's coach. I'm not even going to expose the real reason why you all want him fired but it's really sad in 2017 that this type of stuff is going on.

At the end of the day unless you want to be bottom dwellers year in year out you don't fire your HC whose a first year HC. This team was destined for this type of season whether vance was here or not because the defense just cannot carry such a pathetic offense for 5 year's in a row. :7

DT88TheGreat
11-18-2017, 11:09 AM
Vance Joseph sucks

If you say so dude..... I could careless what you all think about this man, Elway believes in him and the player's believe in him and he isn't going anywhere until he can get some of his guy's in some of these key roles.

BroncoJoe
11-18-2017, 11:29 AM
You dudes are way too bias against your own first year coach but make excuses for another team's coach. I'm not even going to expose the real reason why you all want him fired but it's really sad in 2017 that this type of stuff is going on.

At the end of the day unless you want to be bottom dwellers year in year out you don't fire your HC whose a first year HC. This team was destined for this type of season whether vance was here or not because the defense just cannot carry such a pathetic offense for 5 year's in a row. :7

WTF are you implying here?

Nomad
11-18-2017, 11:43 AM

Duh......because VJ is not tall enough. :D

Broncoknight30
11-18-2017, 11:45 AM

He is going to the race thing. Can see which way he leans. That is their favorite topic.

https://mediadiversityuk.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/racecard.jpg

Freyaka
11-18-2017, 11:50 AM

It sounds like he's implying that if you don't support Vance Joseph, you are a racist... Race has nothing to do with it...put that card down Yash. I'd take Mike Tomlin here in a heartbeat, the issue isn't the color of VJ's skin, it's his abilities (or lack thereof) as a coach. The guy is drowning, he has no idea what he's doing.

Rick
11-18-2017, 11:55 AM
For shit sake, DT88...with the race thing...shut the **** up. No one cares what color he is, we care if he is competent.

You were the first to bring up the color, maybe you are the ******* racist. man that shit drives me crazy.

DT88TheGreat
11-18-2017, 11:57 AM
I never said anything about race.

Broncoknight30
11-18-2017, 11:59 AM

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/deja_q_hd_046_resized_6484.jpg

Rick
11-18-2017, 11:59 AM
I'm not even going to expose the real reason why you all want him fired but it's really sad in 2017 that this type of stuff is going on.

That can pretty much only be interpreted 1 way.

DT88TheGreat
11-18-2017, 12:00 PM
It's amazing how you can not say anything, somebody says you are saying something, the next person starts speaking as if you did say it and bang all of a sudden you've said it without saying it. That would not fly in the court of law.

Very astonishing, now I see how rumors get started.

Rick
11-18-2017, 12:03 PM
It's amazing how you can not say anything, somebody says you are saying something, the next person starts speaking as if you did say it and bang all of a sudden you've said it without saying it. That would not fly in the court of law.

I'm not even going to expose the real reason why you all want him fired but it's really sad in 2017 that this type of stuff is going on.

Translate.

DT88TheGreat
11-18-2017, 12:06 PM
That can pretty much only be interpreted 1 way.

It can be interpreted many ways, but since he's black and the climate around the country, people want to automatically run with that angle. Jat the end of the day I didn't say that, before I could even reply what I was implying there you guys were with like 10 post as if it was a (race card).... Man the climate of this country has people finished.

Rick
11-18-2017, 12:11 PM
Until you give another interpretation, it is impossible to think when you say something along the lines of 2017 stuff is still going on that it could be anything other than race.

If you mean something else, I have no idea what it could be.

Explain yourself in a way that makes sense and I would be happy to apologize for overreacting but I am sick to death of the ******* race card and can think of no other way to interpret this.

Cugel
11-18-2017, 12:15 PM
Man, if you guys are going to drag politics into this discussion, I am out! Peace!

Nomad
11-18-2017, 12:15 PM
I'd just let it go, Rick. It's not worth the waste of time.

Nomad
11-18-2017, 12:16 PM
Man, if you guys are going to drag politics into this discussion, I am out! Peace!

Are you a lose out kinda guy, Cugel? Do you believe the draft is that reliable?

MOtorboat
11-18-2017, 12:25 PM
:popcorn:

Freyaka
11-18-2017, 12:29 PM

Your trolling skills are next level man.

Broncoknight30
11-18-2017, 12:29 PM
Are you a lose out kinda guy, Cugel? Do you believe the draft is that reliable?

There are certainly no guarantees in regards to the draft. Still have questions about all of these hyped QBs that are currently projected to go high in the first round. Just to reiterate, I do not like the QBs that come out of the NO DEFENSE conference. Rosen has displayed a rather questionable passion for football, and Darnold seems to be more hype than substance to me. He will be probably going first and out of the reach of Denver anyway.

I guess I am thinking that there is no future with this current staff. Then again, maybe if they show some promise and "win out" over the last 7 games. So perhaps it is a little early to hope to lose out. Based on what he have seen over the last 5 weeks, there is no indication they will be winning A GAME let alone finishing 8-8 or 7-9.

Freyaka
11-18-2017, 12:31 PM

Ok, so if you weren't implying race there. What did you mean by in 2017 is it sad that this type of stuff is going on. What were you trying to imply. If we're interpreting you wrong, please, shed some light on your real intentions with the comment? Educate us oh enlightened one.

Broncoknight30
11-18-2017, 12:32 PM

That is pretty funny how you are denying you were drawing the race card. That is pretty funny. Good stuff. Funny stuff.

Freyaka
11-18-2017, 12:33 PM

Hilarious....hilarious coming from the guy who still insists I said that Trevor would be the next Tom Brady, or be "Bradyesque" when I literally never once said it. HILARIOUS....

Freyaka
11-18-2017, 12:34 PM
It can be interpreted many ways, but since he's black and the climate around the country, people want to automatically run with that angle. Jat the end of the day I didn't say that, before I could even reply what I was implying there you guys were with like 10 post as if it was a (race card).... Man the climate of this country has people finished.

We don't want to interpret it many different ways. Let us here how you meant it. Otherwise until further notice we all know what the hell you were trying to imply.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-18-2017, 12:35 PM
The thread title should read “painful position of knowing...”

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-18-2017, 12:59 PM

He’s on a team where he’s the only nfl prospect. Wyoming is a sub .500 team without him. He’s much more of a playmaker than Lynch is. He likes to throw down the field. He does stuff that reminds me of Elway. Lynch has never reminded me of Elway, ever.

Nomad
11-18-2017, 01:06 PM
There are certainly no guarantees in regards to the draft. Still have questions about all of these hyped QBs that are currently projected to go high in the first round. Just to reiterate, I do not like the QBs that come out of the NO DEFENSE conference. Rosen has displayed a rather questionable passion for football, and Darnold seems to be more hype than substance to me. He will be probably going first and out of the reach of Denver anyway.

I guess I am thinking that there is no future with this current staff. Then again, maybe if they show some promise and "win out" over the last 7 games. So perhaps it is a little early to hope to lose out. Based on what he have seen over the last 5 weeks, there is no indication they will be winning A GAME let alone finishing 8-8 or 7-9.

.......USC/UCLA tonight

MOtorboat
11-18-2017, 01:15 PM
.......USC/UCLA tonight

I'll say it again, Rosen's career arc reminds of Hackenburg.

Northman
11-18-2017, 01:19 PM

I like Rosen but ive seen limited games with him. If you think he is like Hackenburg is that good or bad? Do you think either could thrive in a place like Denver?

Freyaka
11-18-2017, 01:20 PM

I don't know that Hackenburg is awful, he just ended up in the second worst possible spot for him. Worst being Cleveland obviously.

MOtorboat
11-18-2017, 01:25 PM
I like Rosen but ive seen limited games with him. If you think he is like Hackenburg is that good or bad? Do you think either could thrive in a place like Denver?

He was the next-best thing coming out of high school. A future No. 1 overall pick, golden child. Three years later, he hasn't done a whole lot at UCLA. Sure, he's got all the tools, but I'm just not convinced he's going to be a good pro.

Simple Jaded
11-18-2017, 02:05 PM
Rosen was dropping before the season with his attitude and comments but he started the season great and (aside from injuries, concussion iirc) really has had a good season altogether.

I love his redass attitude, something this offense lacks.

Broncoknight30
11-18-2017, 02:17 PM
Rosen was dropping before the season with his attitude and comments but he started the season great and (aside from injuries, concussion iirc) really has had a good season altogether.

I love his redass attitude, something this offense lacks.

But that redass attitude is not about the game, is it? It is more about.....other stuff.

wayninja
11-18-2017, 02:18 PM
I won't root for the broncos to lose, but I've gerrymandered my expectations for the season so that I won't be the slightest bit upset if they lose.

I get the "losing breads (sic) a losing culture" stuff, but it also think shame is a useful tool for team building. Also, I've always been passed over for management positions.

Freyaka
11-18-2017, 02:23 PM
I won't root for the broncos to lose, but I've gerrymandered my expectations for the season so that I won't be the slightest bit upset if they lose.

I get the "losing breads (sic) a losing culture" stuff, but it also think shame is a useful tool for team building. Also, I've always been passed over for management positions.

I mean you are a mod now, so...not everyone passed you over, you help "manage" this board.

dogfish
11-18-2017, 02:23 PM
Also, I've always been passed over for management positions.

until you got the big moderator job. . .

wayninja
11-18-2017, 02:28 PM
I mean you are a mod now, so...not everyone passed you over, you help "manage" this board.

You mean!? YOU MEAN?! So, you MEAN that do you?!? It's something you INTEND!?

Sorry, UR... I can't get into it.

But good point. I'll start implementing my psychologically draconian style of management imminently!

until you got the big moderator job. . .

Oh yeah! Can't wait till I see that first, sweet paycheck! Dread promised it would be a huge surprise!

Nomad
11-18-2017, 02:35 PM
ninja.....the 'Bruce Lee' of mods. :D

Simple Jaded
11-18-2017, 02:36 PM
But that redass attitude is not about the game, is it? It is more about.....other stuff.

He’s an *******, I don’t think I know about other stuff. Just the comments about SAT’s/requirements and the rumor that he’s an A-hole.

Freyaka
11-18-2017, 03:14 PM
You mean!? YOU MEAN?! So, you MEAN that do you?!? It's something you INTEND!?

Sorry, UR... I can't get into it.

But good point. I'll start implementing my psychologically draconian style of management imminently!

Oh yeah! Can't wait till I see that first, sweet paycheck! Dread promised it would be a huge surprise!

I've been throwing that in more and more lately since someone took issue with it. I mean, why not?

dogfish
11-18-2017, 03:19 PM
He’s an *******, I don’t think I know about other stuff. Just the comments about SAT’s/requirements and the rumor that he’s an A-hole.

i heard somebody compare his personality and attitude to jay cutler. . .

*shudders*

Freyaka
11-18-2017, 03:42 PM

*shudders*

That's not a good look.

Simple Jaded
11-18-2017, 03:45 PM

*shudders*

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

DT88TheGreat
11-18-2017, 05:18 PM
Darnold has 18 turnovers this year with a few games left.... Good grief.

Broncoknight30
11-18-2017, 06:22 PM
Watching Mayfield against Kansas..

Not impressed at all.

DT88TheGreat
11-18-2017, 06:25 PM
Watching Mayfield against Kansas..

Not impressed at all.

I'm watching him too and he seems like a head case lol, dude's yelling F you too the KU sideline and grabbing his little pecker gesture to there sideline. Very immature kid imo.

dogfish
11-18-2017, 06:49 PM
okay, i watched some of the louisville game earlier. . . lamar jackson was slingin' it all over. . . so tell me what's wrong with him, draftniks. . .

VonDoom
11-18-2017, 06:52 PM
okay, i watched some of the louisville game earlier. . . lamar jackson was slingin' it all over. . . so tell me what's wrong with him, draftniks. . .

Thin frame and he’ll take a beating at the NFL level when he runs? That’s all I’ve got. I like him though

MOtorboat
11-18-2017, 07:33 PM

I don't care about any of that. He installed a hot tub. In his dorm. That screams "I'm a douche."

dogfish
11-18-2017, 07:34 PM
I don't care about any of that. He installed a hot tub. In his dorm. That screams "I'm a douche."

leinart 2.0. . .

MOtorboat
11-18-2017, 07:41 PM
leinart 2.0. . .

The partying with underage girls photos haven't emerged yet. I'm sure they're coming.

dogfish
11-18-2017, 08:07 PM
The partying with underage girls photos haven't emerged yet. I'm sure they're coming.

did you know anybody with a hot tub in their room at chadron?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-18-2017, 08:17 PM

Slow looping release, but that was the only thing I saw wrong with Watson and I’d love to have him, but I don’t know if the kid from Louisville has the same intangibles

DT88TheGreat
11-18-2017, 08:18 PM

Nothing is wrong with him, Lamar Jackson is a guy I like, but he wont be available in round 2 and round 2 is the ONLY place id consider taking a quarterback.

MOtorboat
11-18-2017, 08:25 PM
did you know anybody with a hot tub in their room at chadron?

I did not.

MOtorboat
11-19-2017, 01:48 AM
Jake. Browning.

Simple Jaded
11-19-2017, 02:03 AM

His offense (every bit as concerning as Memphis), his size, he’s still a one-read-and-run QB. He’s the epitome of today’s Point Guard playing QB style, ie, giving your teammates a whopping 2 seconds to get open before you take over and do it all yourself.

wayninja
11-19-2017, 08:06 PM
We did it guys! We won the losing!

Simple Jaded
11-19-2017, 08:10 PM
I still think we can lose this— Ninja

dogfish
11-19-2017, 08:12 PM
can we all agree now that it's time to start playing the kids, or are we "still trying to get back in it?"

wayninja
11-19-2017, 08:19 PM
can we all agree now that it's time to start playing the kids, or are we "still trying to get back in it?"

I think it's long over due. At the same time, I have no idea what is wrong with the dude. He doesn't seem like he wants to play.

MOtorboat
11-19-2017, 08:23 PM

We all can.

We're not the problem.

BroncoWave
11-19-2017, 08:25 PM

Doing anything other than tanking would be pure negligence at this point. Throw all the kids out there and see what we have.

wayninja
11-19-2017, 08:27 PM
We'll probably just let Elway have another homoerotic, double entendre laden interview, cut another TE, and carry on as usual.

VonDoom
11-19-2017, 08:29 PM
I wonder if they can find another excuse to keep Lynch’s fragile ass on the bench. There’s no reason not to play him now. He can be just as hopeless as Osweiler. What are we clinging to here?

DT88TheGreat
11-19-2017, 08:51 PM
As long as we're in the playoff race we must stick with the veteran Brock.