ShaneFalco
11-16-2017, 10:24 PM
https://twitter.com/ZacStevensBSN/status/931267221728514050

Hawgdriver
11-16-2017, 10:25 PM
#readynextyear

MOtorboat
11-16-2017, 10:31 PM
I don't know why this is an issue or a big deal.

Wolfe and Gotsis both took a year to make an impact. I expected the same for Walker.

spikerman
11-16-2017, 10:32 PM
I think the issue is that they moved him outside and told him to lose weight. I’m starting to wonder if these guys have a vision.

LawDog
11-16-2017, 10:50 PM
I think the issue is that they moved him outside and told him to lose weight. I’m starting to wonder if these guys have a vision.

Oh they have a vision, it’s just kinda dark with your head up your ass.

Simple Jaded
11-16-2017, 11:07 PM
The problem isn’t just that he’s yet another 2nd round pick needing a year to make any kind of contribution, it’s that he’s a base 4-3 LDE drafted for his supposed pass rushing ability who apparently doesn’t have a true position in this defense.

I bet he can “set the edge” though.

He was 288 lbs at the combine, iirc, by the way. Not overly undersized for 3-4 DE.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-17-2017, 12:28 AM
The problem isn’t just that he’s yet another 2nd round pick needing a year to make any kind of contribution, it’s that he’s a base 4-3 LDE drafted for his supposed pass rushing ability who apparently doesn’t have a true position in this defense.

I bet he can “set the edge” though.

He was 288 lbs at the combine, iirc, by the way. Not overly undersized for 3-4 DE.

Having him lose weight was.....

Anyway, they should have stuck with the plan of having him rush from the inside on passing downs. He never had the speed to play outside. That idea was just ....

Simple Jaded
11-17-2017, 12:59 AM
Having him lose weight was.....

Anyway, they should have stuck with the plan of having him rush from the inside on passing downs. He never had the speed to play outside. That idea was just ....
To be fair I think making room for Shelby Harris played a role in Walker switching positions too, but, they keep finding room for Kyle Peko on the DL for whatever reason. He’s every bit a square peg in this defense as Walker at OLB.

Let’s assume they had a plan, I guess.

ShaneFalco
11-17-2017, 01:08 AM
yes they asked him to lose weight in tc. now its week 10 lol they want him to bulk up. this is nuts

dogfish
11-17-2017, 02:09 AM
we always talk about "drafting and developing". . . this is a shining example of how NOT to do the latter. . .

hopefully he can get on track next year, if they get him back to his proper weight and position(s). . . we need another interior rusher more than another edge guy-- if joe woods would cut 'er loose and dial up some supporting pressure, our edge rush should be just fine. . .

HORSEPOWER 56
11-17-2017, 07:46 AM
The sad part is, Walker wasn’t even a great DE on a 4-3. He was much better kicking inside to a 3 technique on passing downs and getting pressure from there when he was at FSU. I’m not sure he’d even be a good 5 technique, even if he bulks up.

In reality, we took a disruptive 4-3 3 technique and turned him into an OLB. I know it wasn’t the original plan, but we were in crisis management de after Ray and Barrett were both out with injuries. After that, we just kinda forgot about Walker and he doesn’t play much.

EastCoastBronco
11-17-2017, 09:20 AM
#BringBackWade

Nomad
11-17-2017, 09:57 AM
#BringBackWade

He's happy being around his son in LA.

Davii
11-17-2017, 10:22 AM
Correct me if I'm crazy here, but was he not asked to lose weight and move outside due to depth issues in training camp? My memory tells me, and admittedly, my memory sucks, that this was a move they felt had to be made for depth purposes not that hee was a perfect fit, would be better served, etc

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-17-2017, 10:40 AM
Correct me if I'm crazy here, but was he not asked to lose weight and move outside due to depth issues in training camp? My memory tells me, and admittedly, my memory sucks, that this was a move they felt had to be made for depth purposes not that hee was a perfect fit, would be better served, etc

You are correct.

VonDoom
11-17-2017, 01:37 PM
What a revelation. If only anyone had said this earlier this year.

Simple Jaded
11-17-2017, 10:22 PM
You have to respect the process.

Sorry, wrong team.