PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes - week 11 (Bengals week)

VonDoom
11-15-2017, 11:58 AM
A game between two 3-6 teams = a sure way that no one is paying attention to this game nationally.

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis
20h20 hours ago

Broncos have released OLB Kasim Edebali, per player source. Good locker room guy. #9sports

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala
21m21 minutes ago

Broncos have promoted LB Deiontrez Mount to the active roster, per source.

dogfish
11-15-2017, 12:44 PM
we should have just kept dekoda watson, who could actually play a little. . . probably saved some nickels on edabali's contract, though. . .

VonDoom
11-15-2017, 12:47 PM
we should have just kept dekoda watson, who could actually play a little. . . probably saved some nickels on edabali's contract, though. . .

Good point. I had forgotten about that. Watson was good for us

Freyaka
11-15-2017, 01:47 PM
As bad as this game is...I saw on SeatGeek that tickets for the Colts Broncos game were going for as low as $6. What a sad state our team is in this year. People practically giving their tickets away to try and get rid of them.

VonDoom
11-15-2017, 02:38 PM
TV maps up - most people are getting Patriots/Raiders from Mexico City:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=11

VonDoom
11-15-2017, 02:39 PM
1h1 hour ago

In addition to promoting LB Deiontrez Mount to the active roster, the Broncos signed WR Tim Patrick and TE Brian Parker to the practice squad.

1h1 hour ago

Paxton Lynch will get No. 2 QB reps in practice starting today to see where he is physically as he comes off right shoulder injury, sources tell 9News. #9News

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey
5m5 minutes ago

No practice for Jamaal Charles today #Broncos @1043TheFan

5m5 minutes ago

Don’t see Broncos TEs Jeff Heuerman or A.J. Derby at practice.

Tned
11-15-2017, 03:05 PM
Follow on to above, if Lynch proves healthy, expectation is for him to be the backup QB in the game and Siemian moved to third string (presumably inactive if Lynch is healthy).

Rick
11-15-2017, 03:09 PM
More than likely then, if Broncos show the same shit show they have the last couple of weeks, Lynch takes over at half time.

Tned
11-15-2017, 03:11 PM
More than likely then, if Broncos show the same shit show they have the last couple of weeks, Lynch takes over at half time.

Good question, I think there is some belief that Brock has done fairly well, so I guess it depends on if the game is out of reach, or a shit show with a glimmer of hope left in winning the game and getting back in the playoff hunt (I know getting more and more and more remote at this point).

underrated29
11-15-2017, 03:25 PM
Brock is better then siemian

VonDoom
11-15-2017, 04:04 PM
10m10 minutes ago

Brock Osweiler took big hit to chest in NE game. Has chest bruise. Expected to start vs CIN #9sports

7m7 minutes ago

Vance Joseph said Brock Osweiler was limited with a right shoulder injury.

5m5 minutes ago

Joseph said Osweiler is still expected to start Sunday. The backup is “to be determined.” Paxton Lynch took more reps.

5m5 minutes ago

Joseph said Paxton Lynch could play if necessary. He will decide on backup by end of week.

5m5 minutes ago

Paxton Lynch threw deep ball today. Joseph said he did fine. #9sports

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver
5m5 minutes ago

Jordan Taylor will replace McKenzie on PRs, Joseph said.

5m5 minutes ago

Joseph: “I want to get the ball caught.”

2m2 minutes ago

Vance Joseph said with Derby, Heuerman banged up TE Austin Traylor under consideration for promotion from practice squad. #9sports

Hawgdriver
11-15-2017, 04:26 PM
Brock is better then siemian

Yes, but NE makes QBs look good.

Hawgdriver
11-15-2017, 04:27 PM

5m5 minutes ago

didn't know this

dogfish
11-15-2017, 05:03 PM
if lynch is healthy, get his ass out there! gawd damn. . . time to man up and stop pretending we can get back in it this year-- you're fooling exactly no one, and you're wasting precious evaluation time. . . get ALL the kids out there, it's what's best for the team at this point. . .

:defense:

Cugel
11-15-2017, 05:41 PM

I would certainly like to see that, but I don't expect it. I am still in the camp that they need to see what they have in Paxton THIS year. They can't wait till next season because they have to make a QB decision in the draft.

If Paxton came in and looked awesome (obviously that isn't happening), then they could get away with not drafting a QB. Either way they need to get him some experience, and in a totally lost season is the perfect time to do it.

But, Elway told Dave Logan they are not doing that. Maybe he was misleading him. We'll see.

Cugel
11-15-2017, 05:43 PM
if lynch is healthy, get his ass out there! gawd damn. . . time to man up and stop pretending we can get back in it this year-- you're fooling exactly no one, and you're wasting precious evaluation time. . . get ALL the kids out there, it's what's best for the team at this point. . .

:defense:

I agree. But, after the Bengals game there will still be 6 games left. Plenty of time to see if Paxton can play then, when the team is officially eliminated at 3-7, since they are not starting him now.

Cugel
11-15-2017, 05:46 PM
Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post

5m5 minutes ago

That's the same shoulder injury they said was "week to week" when he hurt it in the pre-season. We're now in week 11. There is something fishy going on there. Perhaps they concealed the extent of his injury. But, perhaps he's physically able to play and they are testing him out to get him as ready as he can be to start against the Raiders in 2 weeks time.

I hope that is the case, but I don't know that they will do that.

Nomad
11-15-2017, 06:10 PM
I guess it's Redzone Channel for me Sunday afternoon.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-15-2017, 06:47 PM
#CINvsDEN: QB Brock Osweiler
Quarterback Brock Osweiler discusses his leadership skills and his shoulder injury.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/CINvsDEN_QB_Brock_Osweiler/f052df2f-1103-45e9-b49b-91a86099593f

#CINvsDEN: RB C.J. Anderson
Running back C.J. Anderson expresses support for his quarterbacks, details how the Broncos can improve moving forward and suggests where the team could be at the end of the year.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/CINvsDEN_RB_CJ_Anderson/f8595d95-d715-458b-98ae-e114d9e6bdca

#CINvsDEN: DT Domata Peko Sr.
Domata Peko Sr. talks about his career in Cincinnati and what it will be like to face his former team on Sunday.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/CINvsDEN_DT_Domata_Peko_Sr/7c61f1db-8203-4ae1-9713-044dded8453e

Joseph has decision to make at backup quarterback
Head Coach Vance Joseph answers questions about who will be the backup quarterback against the Bengals after Paxton Lynch took "No. 2 reps" on Wednesday.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Joseph_has_decision_to_make_at_backup_quarterback/65bc5cf7-4092-48b5-bbc9-9a863b22932f

Davii
11-15-2017, 09:56 PM
That's the same shoulder injury they said was "week to week" when he hurt it in the pre-season. We're now in week 11. There is something fishy going on there. Perhaps they concealed the extent of his injury. But, perhaps he's physically able to play and they are testing him out to get him as ready as he can be to start against the Raiders in 2 weeks time.

I hope that is the case, but I don't know that they will do that.

I read in the preseason that he was out at least until week 4 and that was why all the drama over Sloter not being ready and signing Brock, etc. Not sure where this week to week thing came up.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-15-2017, 10:01 PM
We must really suck if people want to see Lynch.

I guess it couldn’t hurt to try and fit another clown in the car.

Hawgdriver
11-15-2017, 10:35 PM

Solid reality check.

NightTrainLayne
11-16-2017, 12:37 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about CJ Anderson now spending his third day on Twitter arguing with dumbass Bronco fans.

Seems like a lose, lose, lose situation.

Freyaka
11-16-2017, 12:59 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about CJ Anderson now spending his third day on Twitter arguing with dumbass Bronco fans.

It's a sign that the team is in disarray IMO. Talib is doing it too. They are so frustrated that they are lashing out at people who are criticize them (I don't blame them, I'm not great with receiving criticism either)

MOtorboat
11-16-2017, 01:06 PM

That is not a good look.

Rick
11-16-2017, 01:07 PM

I want Lynch out there because I feel it is best for the team long term to see what we have in him, being that we spent a first round pick on him and we are fixing to have a top 5 pick, if we need to draft another guy we need to confirm that, and we haven't him play enough yet to truly confirm that.

I personally do not have the same excitement about lynch that I did when I wanted Tebow to play. Tebow ended up a colossal disappointment, couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from 5 yards away, but the kid had fire and he left it all on the field every play and it was exciting to get him out there.

Lynch doesn't have that fire but I believe he is a better passing QB than Tebow, not that this is saying much.

We have to know if we wasted a pick on him though and if we need to move on, this is the only reason I want him out there.

Slick
11-16-2017, 01:17 PM

I don't think anyone really believes he's going to be any good. Get the evaluations out of the way so there can be no doubt and move on next year. If by some miracle Lynch surprises us than so be it.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-16-2017, 07:00 PM
#CINvsDEN: OLB Von Miller
Outside linebacker Von Miller explains how he can get the Broncos' pass rush going and describes the impact Domata Peko Sr. has had on the locker room.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/CINvsDEN_OLB_Von_Miller/b00da281-be1a-49d7-8b00-e7a518cbf3e7

#CINvsDEN: DC Joe Woods
Defensive Coordinator Joe Woods talks about how his players are holding themselves accountable during the Broncos' five-game losing streak.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/CINvsDEN_DC_Joe_Woods/48bde5e1-0cbf-48a0-b11a-b05e689e864c

#CINvsDEN: OC Mike McCoy
Offensive Coordinator Mike McCoy talks about what the Broncos need to do in order to convert red-zone opportunities this weekend against the Bengals.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/CINvsDEN_OC_Mike_McCoy/8312926c-c97c-43c7-b6b3-2093bfdbbd34

#CINvsDEN: WR Emmanuel Sanders
Wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders explains what made him so successful in Week 10 against the Patriots and updates the status of his ankle.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/CINvsDEN-WR-Emmanuel-Sanders/44fa492b-c4bf-4d26-8060-86509c150fdb

Joseph: One victory can turn Broncos' season around
Head Coach Vance Joseph updates Brock Osweiler's injury status and talks about the team's mentality after losing five consecutive games.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Joseph-One-victory-can-turn-Broncos-season-around/194c98e3-8073-48b8-9497-ee674b9c27ab

Freyaka
11-16-2017, 08:09 PM
That is not a good look.

Not particularly no. Hopefully we win soon and it lessens some of this.

Simple Jaded
11-16-2017, 11:38 PM

Only a 13-year-old girl would stoop so low.

Simple Jaded
11-16-2017, 11:39 PM
Not particularly no. Hopefully we win soon and it lessens some of this.

Why?

Freyaka
11-16-2017, 11:41 PM
Why?

In theory, I'd prefer we lose out, get the high draft pick, rebuild and go at it next year. Theory is nice, but dangit, I really, really hate losing. It would be nice if we could just stop. Winning cures a whole lot of issues.

Simple Jaded
11-16-2017, 11:43 PM
In theory, I'd prefer we lose out, get the high draft pick, rebuild and go at it next year. Theory is nice, but dangit, I really, really hate losing. It would be nice if we could just stop. Winning cures a whole lot of issues.
Embrace the suck, Frey.

Freyaka
11-17-2017, 12:07 AM
Embrace the suck, Frey.

I know, but I really enjoy football, it's really, really, really, really hard to stay interested in football when the Broncos suck this bad. I'm not even watching non-broncos games like I typically do (and I have an NFL2Go subscription just going to waste) The only thing I still watch is Jaguars games because my brother is a jags fan and I've always sort of followed them as a side team. (and Broncos games of course...)

VonDoom
11-17-2017, 01:35 PM
44m44 minutes ago

Broncos TEs AJ Derby and Jeff Heuerman not at practice again.

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey
42m42 minutes ago

I'm expecting Austin Traylor to get called up from the practice squad in the near future. #Broncos @1043TheFan

VonDoom
11-17-2017, 01:52 PM
3m3 minutes ago

Broncos TEs A.J. Derby (shoulder) and Jeff Heuerman (knee) have been ruled OUT for Sunday's game vs. Bengals. OT Donald Stephenson (calf) and WR Cody Latimer (Achilles) are QUESTIONABLE.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck
36s37 seconds ago

Will have two tight ends. Barbre will start at right tackle. #Denver7. Will either promote TE like Traylor or use extra tackle as TE #Broncos

29s30 seconds ago

Vance Joseph said would not dress 3 QBs — but wouldn’t say if Paxton Lynch or Trevor Siemian is no 2. #9sports

VonDoom
11-17-2017, 02:32 PM
35m35 minutes ago

Joe Jones and Mount will help on special teams. Need youth. And more athleticism. #Denver7

33m33 minutes ago

#Broncos Joseph message to Olivo "Hold players accountable. I have to do it more in games" #Denver7

30m30 minutes ago

#Broncos Olivo "I deserve the vitriol. The expectations here are Super Bowl championships. I have to live up to it. I have to do better. And this is going to make us better. But I deserve the vitriol. It was deplorable" #Denver7

25m25 minutes ago

Brock Olivo said Brandon McManus was trying for touchback on Lewis’ 103-yard TD return. Mis-hit a tad. Still, problem was coverage. #9sports

15m15 minutes ago

#Broncos McKenzie will be inactive. Taylor will return punts. Team brought in lefty punter to prepare this week. #Denver7

Freyaka
11-18-2017, 09:05 AM
3m3 minutes ago

Broncos TEs A.J. Derby (shoulder) and Jeff Heuerman (knee) have been ruled OUT for Sunday's game vs. Bengals. OT Donald Stephenson (calf) and WR Cody Latimer (Achilles) are QUESTIONABLE.

36s37 seconds ago

Will have two tight ends. Barbre will start at right tackle. #Denver7. Will either promote TE like Traylor or use extra tackle as TE #Broncos

29s30 seconds ago

Vance Joseph said would not dress 3 QBs — but wouldn’t say if Paxton Lynch or Trevor Siemian is no 2. #9sports

He, we have no good TE's...lets use a tackle out there.

I'd say "Oh well, at least he'll be good blocking support" but I've seen our tackles and know that to be false.

VonDoom
11-18-2017, 12:38 PM
https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/931932882951704576

https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/931934527190073344

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-18-2017, 12:43 PM
https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/931932882951704576

https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/931934527190073344

That’s the first sign the Broncos are playing for next year, cutting a TE who’s been more productive than the young TE’s on the roster.

Rick
11-18-2017, 12:49 PM
They want to run the Tebow offense with PL.

Line up 6 OL and run read option.

I jest..sort of.

Freyaka
11-18-2017, 01:19 PM
They want to run the Tebow offense with PL.

Line up 6 OL and run read option.

I jest..sort of.

If that's what we're reduced to, I'd rather lose out and draft a QB that doesn't have to hide behind a gimmick offense.

dogfish
11-18-2017, 01:30 PM
That’s the first sign the Broncos are playing for next year, cutting a TE who’s been more productive than the young TE’s on the roster.

i thought he was one of the young TEs. . .

Denver Native (Carol)
11-18-2017, 01:40 PM
5m5 minutes ago

This is a positive #Broncos development. Not personal, just good business. Been long overdue to bench or move on from young players who have not peformed when given ample opportunity. #Denver7

7m7 minutes ago

#Broncos as expected promote TE Austin Traylor from practice squad. Mild surprise that they waive AJ Derby. But honestly the move never panned out. Never became threat on seam route. Had critical drops. Hope works out w another team #denver7

Denver Native (Carol)
11-18-2017, 01:46 PM
36s36 seconds ago

For #Broncos to have any chance to be successful they need to be more physical and run ball. Traylor might help in blocking. Need to stop pretending have Rivers and Peyton at QB. Less three wide, more smash mouth #Denver7

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-18-2017, 01:50 PM
i thought he was one of the young TEs. . .

I thought he was the guy we got on waivers from NE last year.

Simple Jaded
11-18-2017, 01:52 PM
Broncos traded a draft pick for Derby, and then immediately never used him.

I’ve heard of RB by committee but the Broncos use of 3-4 marginal TE’s over the years is assuming.

Ziggy
11-18-2017, 01:54 PM
Broncos traded a draft pick for Derby, and then immediately never used him.

He was used plenty. He just didn't pan out. Critical drops at critical times and no blocking.

Simple Jaded
11-18-2017, 01:56 PM
If that's what we're reduced to, I'd rather lose out and draft a QB that doesn't have to hide behind a gimmick offense.

If that’s all PL turns out to be I 100% agree, I had no interest in watching Tebow’s bullshit offense and I have no interest in watching PL’s bullshit offense.

But, here’s the difference, PL was a much better prospect coming out of high school than Teeb’s was when the Broncos traded him. Unfortunately we had 16 games to see that Tebow didn’t belong on the field, if the Broncos decide that PL doesn’t belong on the field without ever seeing another start I would actually get a perverse sense Anti-Tebowmania satisfaction out of that.

dogfish
11-18-2017, 02:00 PM
He was used plenty. He just didn't pan out. Critical drops at critical times and no blocking.

sounds like all of our TEs. . . they need to clear the decks, and bring in a vet and another draft pick or two to go along with J-booty next year. . .

Simple Jaded
11-18-2017, 02:46 PM

Critical drops and fumbles, granted, but he’s the only TE they traded a draft pick for so I would expect more opportunities for him.

Considering the Broncos refuse to trade draft picks for legit NFL players (Duane Brown, Sheldon Richardson) they must have had a better plan for Derby than this.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-18-2017, 03:14 PM
DENVER -- Change defines losing teams. Looking to snap out of their five-game funk, the Broncos continued making roster moves Saturday. They promoted tight end Austin Traylor from the practice squad and waived A.J. Derby.

Traylor, as expected, joined the team given injuries at the position. It's probably not a coincidence that the Broncos added a physical blocking tight end hours after general manager John Elway attributed the current slump to "getting a little soft." Traylor goes 6-foot-3, 255 pounds and could add muscle in the ground game. Any chance of the Broncos achieving success centers on a strong running attack, not throwing 35 times.

The Broncos have proven without a doubt that they don't possess the personnel to run three-wide sets. It has been one of the most confusing elements of the season -- coordinator Mike McCoy, known for his adaptability, has leaned on three-wide sets that lead to quarterback sacks and interceptions. The Broncos rank 27th in yards per attempt, 23rd in yards per completion and second in interceptions (13).

rest - http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/broncos-promote-austin-traylor-release-aj-derby

NightTerror218
11-18-2017, 03:47 PM
I hear lynch is back up. Siemian inactive maybe?

Rick
11-18-2017, 03:55 PM

I wouldn't worry about this, I don't think...

I would hope we wouldn't go back to that offense lol.

VonDoom
11-18-2017, 04:05 PM

That’s the way it’s looking right now

Freyaka
11-18-2017, 04:07 PM

I'm guessing he will be, crazy how different this season has gone than some of us expected.

Freyaka
11-18-2017, 04:08 PM
I wouldn't worry about this, I don't think...

I would hope we wouldn't go back to that offense lol.

Well, it's literally all Mike McCoy is known for....well that and running it up the middle even when it isn't effective.

LawDog
11-18-2017, 04:11 PM

Trying to think of things I care less about. Not coming up with anything. Being honest, I don’t want Trevor or either of the giraffes on the roster next year, even as a back up. And I still like Siemian, it’s just nearly impossible to continue with him after what has gone on with him in Denver.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-18-2017, 04:40 PM
It concerns me I’m not surprised they have Lynch as a backup, especially after not throwing beyond 15 yards in practice. 6-10 here we come!

Simple Jaded
11-18-2017, 05:02 PM
It concerns me I’m not surprised they have Lynch as a backup, especially after not throwing beyond 15 yards in practice. 6-10 here we come!

Embrace The Suck

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-18-2017, 05:05 PM
Embrace The Suck

It occurred to me after I posted this 5-11 was more on par with the direction we’re going

Simple Jaded
11-18-2017, 05:12 PM
It occurred to me after I posted this 5-11 was more on par with the direction we’re going

Always the optimist.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-18-2017, 05:24 PM
Always the optimist.

I understand winning two more games is highly optimistic, but hope must live!

DT88TheGreat
11-18-2017, 05:39 PM
It's best if we just go ahead and go 3-13, 4-12 at best. The draft picks are so crucial to us bouncing back next year.

LawDog
11-18-2017, 06:18 PM
It's best if we just go ahead and go 3-13, 4-12 at best. The draft picks are so crucial to us bouncing back next year.

I get what you’re trying to say, but that’s not the way it works. You don’t bounce back in a year through the draft.

DT88TheGreat
11-18-2017, 06:23 PM
I get what you’re trying to say, but that’s not the way it works. You don’t bounce back in a year through the draft.

Yes you do, because once we inject some talent via the draft and free agency our holes should be plugged, all we'd need then is for Paxton lynch or Chad kelly to be gamers and were back in the mix in the NFL. The jaguars were just picking top 5 and they landed a transcending talent in fournette and now look at them. The year before jalen Ramsey. We are not your average team picking top 5, we actually have alot of good player's so we should bounce back easily.