PDA

View Full Version : Peko say's defese's communication is "bad"

weazel
11-14-2017, 05:00 PM
Domata Peko dropped F-bomb after F-bomb while discussing the state of the Broncos with The Afternoon Drive on Monday.

“After five in a row, it kinda feels like a deja vu. ‘WTF, we just did this last week, like same kind of shit,” he said. “Coaches were pushing upon us today that it starts in practice. If we’re getting the wrong call, then stop the ******* period and say ‘hey, we need the right ******* call.’ That’s where it’s gotta get fixed. We’ve got to get it fixed in practice.”

https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/11/13/16647940/domata-peko-reveals-communication-among-defense-is-bad

This is puzzling

BroncoJoe
11-14-2017, 05:28 PM
Domata Peko dropped F-bomb after F-bomb while discussing the state of the Broncos with The Afternoon Drive on Monday.

“After five in a row, it kinda feels like a deja vu. ‘WTF, we just did this last week, like same kind of shit,” he said. “Coaches were pushing upon us today that it starts in practice. If we’re getting the wrong call, then stop the ******* period and say ‘hey, we need the right ******* call.’ That’s where it’s gotta get fixed. We’ve got to get it fixed in practice.”

https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/11/13/16647940/domata-peko-reveals-communication-among-defense-is-bad

This is puzzling

Well, they don't want to change up practice because they do it so well.

Hawgdriver
11-14-2017, 06:29 PM

This is puzzling

I wonder who could be responsible for these lapses?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/1RTSuiaDe0A/maxresdefault.jpg

Davii
11-14-2017, 07:08 PM
I wonder who could be responsible for these lapses?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/1RTSuiaDe0A/maxresdefault.jpg

You're right, **** Dana Carvey, it's all his fault!

DT88TheGreat
11-14-2017, 08:48 PM
Lmao peko just mad.because he left cincy thinking hed come to Denver and win his first year. Sorry peko you have to wait until next season buddy.

Nomad
11-14-2017, 09:17 PM
Well, they don't want to change up practice because they do it so well.

Where's Allen Iverson when you need him?:D

Davii
11-14-2017, 09:23 PM
I think what got lost in communication is Peko said "dont **** up", and everyone ****** up.

NightTerror218
11-14-2017, 11:01 PM
Ward had the green sticker on helmet last season.....Marshall has it now. Travathan had it when he was here. If there is some infield miscommunication it could start with Marshall.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-15-2017, 12:46 AM
Ward had the green sticker on helmet last season.....Marshall has it now. Travathan had it when he was here. If there is some infield miscommunication it could start with Marshall.

Marshall has been the mike going on 3 years now.

wayninja
11-15-2017, 12:48 AM
In his defese, the entire defese is playing poorly. That their communication is poor, is undfesable.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-15-2017, 12:50 AM
In his defese, the entire defese is playing poorly. That their communication is poor, is undfesable.

You left out the e but you should have left out the d.

wayninja
11-15-2017, 02:02 AM
You left out the e but you should have left out the d.

https://y.yarn.co/5249cf54-937f-4f6f-8412-331ab1449088_text_hi.gif

weazel
11-15-2017, 11:39 AM
nah, Peko is wrong. People on the forums told me that the defence is just tired

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-15-2017, 11:42 AM
nah, Peko is wrong. People on the forums told me that the defence is just tired

Tired of playing well.

tripp
11-15-2017, 11:46 AM
You can start by benching Shane Ray and starting Shaq Barrett

wayninja
11-15-2017, 12:15 PM
Honestly, what is more likely?

That a top 5 defense the first 4 games of the season suddenly suck? Or they are giving up?

Coaching and scheme clearly have something to do with it, but despite all of the off-the-field anger, the play on the field looks mailed in to me.

weazel
11-15-2017, 12:21 PM

That a top 5 defense the first 4 games of the season suddenly suck? Or they are giving up?

do they have to be mutually exclusive?

wayninja
11-15-2017, 12:38 PM
do they have to be mutually exclusive?

An answer to "which is more likely"? Nah, go ahead and say both are more likely.

weazel
11-15-2017, 12:43 PM
I don't know how much they have "given up" when you have one of the players shouting F bombs about the problems on D. That doesn't sound like giving up, sounds like frustration. If they really are out there mailing it in then they should be sat and/or released.

wayninja
11-15-2017, 12:55 PM
I think that describes a lot of guys on this team. Should be sat/released.

But being frustrated is cheap. Its laughable to talk about communication problems after 5 straight losses. That feels like a fairly simple problem to fix, and that no one has fixed it means inept coaching, players that don't give a ****, or some combination of the two.

tripp
11-15-2017, 01:14 PM
Coaching, coaching, and coaching.

Ziggy
11-15-2017, 01:48 PM
Letting go of Wade Phillips is the single biggest mistake Elway has made. He wanted to build a defensive culture and did. Then he let go of the best D coordinator in football for an up and coming secondary coach. Joe Woods is clueless. Absolutely clueless.

dogfish
11-15-2017, 01:51 PM
I think that describes a lot of guys on this team. Should be sat/released.

But being frustrated is cheap. Its laughable to talk about communication problems after 5 straight losses. That feels like a fairly simple problem to fix, and that no one has fixed it means inept coaching, players that don't give a ****, or some combination of the two.

it's coaching. . .

wayninja
11-15-2017, 02:12 PM
it's coaching. . .

I think it started that way, but has seen a mix more recently (especially the last 2 games).

Nothing breeds apathy faster than frustration with no remedy.

NightTerror218
11-15-2017, 11:28 PM
Marshall has been the mike going on 3 years now.

Doesn't mean he is getting the plays from DC though

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-16-2017, 12:27 AM
Doesn't mean he is getting the plays from DC though

I noticed on more than one occasion Davis would be within arms reach of Marshall, leaving his lane wide open, resulting in a big play. It’s frustrating to watch this team right now

Hawgdriver
11-16-2017, 12:30 AM
It’s frustrating to watch this team right now

Only if you expect them to win.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-16-2017, 12:32 AM
Only if you expect them to win.

Or know their assignment and stick to it.

Hawgdriver
11-16-2017, 12:33 AM
Or know their assignment and stick to it.

At least Marshall is earning his keep.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-16-2017, 12:43 AM
At least Marshall is earning his keep.

Marshall is a good player, but I don’t consider him a playmaker. Our defense is overrated. We have one playmaker in our front seven, 3 good players and 3 jags.

Hawgdriver
11-16-2017, 12:59 AM
Marshall is a good player, but I don’t consider him a playmaker. Our defense is overrated. We have one playmaker in our front seven, 3 good players and 3 jags.

Gotsis, Shaq, and Peko have been solid imo. Legit solid.

dogfish
11-16-2017, 01:07 AM

wolfe is a playmaker-- at least when you cut him loose, like wade did. . .

Broncoknight30
11-16-2017, 06:11 AM

Coaching and scheme clearly have something to do with it, but despite all of the off-the-field anger, the play on the field looks mailed in to me.

Yeah, but scouting does happen. It is not how they start off. It is how they are attacked based on what they are seeing on film. That is where the coaching comes into play and experience. Broncos lack all of that.

They seem to not be adjusting to what teams are doing. This is not about them being tired.

Let me point out that in 2015 the Broncos had one of the worst offenses in the league. In the SB they were 1 for 14 on third downs and one of the league leaders in 3 and outs. If fatigue is the issue, it would have been an issue then.

The answer is scheming or the lack there of. Yes, communication is large part of it. More than we know.

Freyaka
11-16-2017, 09:40 AM

No, the problem is that several of our good players became Jags...Our defense severely misses Malik...

BeefStew25
11-16-2017, 10:17 AM
No, the problem is that several of our good players became Jags...Our defense severely misses Malik...

Dude Julius Thomas was a manning prop. Accept that and move on.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-16-2017, 10:18 AM

And Danny Trevaithan, and Ware

weazel
11-16-2017, 10:21 AM
and tebow

Freyaka
11-16-2017, 10:22 AM
Dude Julius Thomas was a manning prop. Accept that and move on.

I don't care about JT...But honestly, can you tell me we haven't missed the push up the middle that Malik gave us?

Freyaka
11-16-2017, 10:23 AM
And Danny Trevaithan, and Ware

I think Ray balances out losing Ware because Ware was declining pretty bad. I agree, we miss Trevaithan.

BeefStew25
11-16-2017, 10:30 AM
I don't care about JT...But honestly, can you tell me we haven't missed the push up the middle that Malik gave us?

You said several of our good players became jags. So Zane Beadles?

wayninja
11-16-2017, 10:33 AM
I think Ray balances out losing Ware because Ware was declining pretty bad. I agree, we miss Trevaithan.

Maybe at the very end, but Ray has shown nothing of what Ware was capable of thusfar.

Freyaka
11-16-2017, 10:35 AM

Ok...I misspoke. Malik...Malik became a Jag. I also wouldn't mind having Kilgo back either, though he was never a "good" player

BeefStew25
11-16-2017, 10:38 AM
Ok...I misspoke. Malik...Malik became a Jag. I also wouldn't mind having Kilgo back either, though he was never a "good" player

I’m glad I caught this before your haters did. This crap corrodes your credibility.

Freyaka
11-16-2017, 10:54 AM
I’m glad I caught this before your haters did. This crap corrodes your credibility.

Do any of us here have much credibility? I mean we all tend to talk out of our asses a bit.

BeefStew25
11-16-2017, 11:03 AM
Do any of us here have much credibility? I mean we all tend to talk out of our asses a bit.

Speak for yourself chief.

wayninja
11-16-2017, 11:11 AM
As someone who wants Tebow back, I think you all know that my credibility is unimpeachable.

Freyaka
11-16-2017, 11:19 AM
As someone who wants Tebow back, I think you all know that my credibility is unimpeachable.

I mean other than the fact that this automatically lumps you together with Shane.

wayninja
11-16-2017, 11:22 AM
Meh, even a broken clock is right twice a day!

dogfish
11-16-2017, 12:38 PM

:lol::lol:

DT88TheGreat
11-16-2017, 05:20 PM

Not really, our DL is so stout and deep now that NO I do NOT miss malik anymore. Actually gave up on that whole missing Malik thing the second you could see the talent elway was drafting on the DL lately. I think our entire front 7 that's starting I believe were drafted by us ( other than peko).

But you can keep missing Malik, life goes on in the NFL.

DT88TheGreat
11-16-2017, 05:25 PM
Maybe at the very end, but Ray has shown nothing of what Ware was capable of thusfar.

Shane Ray just has to get into football shape and mentally get over the injury, he will be fine by late in the year and going into next year. What's up with the pass rusher we drafted out of Florida state? Did he get injured or something?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-16-2017, 07:08 PM

Last year Ray was a playmaker. This year I’m not sure he should be starting

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-16-2017, 07:09 PM
Shane Ray just has to get into football shape and mentally get over the injury, he will be fine by late in the year and going into next year. What's up with the pass rusher we drafted out of Florida state? Did he get injured or something?

He got benched. He’s more effective as an interior rusher anyway

Hawgdriver
11-16-2017, 07:11 PM

Demarcus Walker can't sniff the field because our special teams coach doesn't think he's competent on teams.

Think on that lol.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-16-2017, 07:16 PM
Demarcus Walker can't sniff the field because our special teams coach doesn't think he's competent on teams.

Think on that lol.

That makes my head hurt.

DT88TheGreat
11-16-2017, 07:28 PM

They tried him as a OLB? I never saw him as an 3-4 olb.... He should be playing DE in the 3-4

BeefStew25
11-16-2017, 07:30 PM
Walker is a 3 tech. Cmon guys.

Freyaka
11-16-2017, 07:42 PM
Last year Ray was a playmaker. This year I’m not sure he should be starting

He's had what, 1-2 games back as a starter? Give him a little time and recognize that every single player on this team is playing like crap this year.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-16-2017, 09:31 PM
He's had what, 1-2 games back as a starter? Give him a little time and recognize that every single player on this team is playing like crap this year.

He’s been back 3 games, which is probably greater than the number of pressures or tackles he has.