PDA

View Full Version : Joseph confident in Brock Olivo: 'He's a bright coach'

Denver Native (Carol)
11-13-2017, 04:29 PM
Head Coach Vance Joseph talks about potential changes on special teams and names a starter at quarterback for this Sunday's game against the Bengals.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Joseph-confident-in-Brock-Olivo-Hes-a-bright-coach/fea71141-7e62-4c2e-accf-614ec511c589

Magnificent Seven
11-13-2017, 04:34 PM
HC VJ is definitely full of crap.

BeefStew25
11-13-2017, 04:36 PM
So much for accountability.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-13-2017, 04:46 PM
I don’t want to waste the time listening to his bullshit. Who did he name as the starter at QB?

Dreadnought
11-13-2017, 04:46 PM
Good Lord...

Slick
11-13-2017, 04:48 PM
I don’t want to waste the time listening to his bullshit. Who did he name as the starter at QB?

I'm assuming Brent. I can't be bothered to listen to it either.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-13-2017, 04:49 PM

Interesting stuff in the video. He said OZ will start again.

Slick
11-13-2017, 04:52 PM
Thank you Carol.

BroncoWave
11-13-2017, 04:54 PM
Dude is like the anti-McDaniels. McD would jettison you if you looked at him the wrong way. You could literally burn the building down on purpose and VJ would not only keep but praise you. Between the two I think I'd rather have McD back.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-13-2017, 04:57 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck
3m3 minutes ago

#Broncos AJ Derby said shoulder feels better than expected. Hurt it in last night's game #Denver7

30m30 minutes ago

#Broncos Joseph sticks by the Brocks after loss. I was mildly surprised no change on special teams after meltdown last night. #Denver7 http://bit.ly/2hpC3kV

1h1 hour ago

#Broncos VJ on Paxton Lynch. "He's still recovering from his shoulder injury. We will see where he's at.. He's throwing intermediate passes. Want to make sure totally healthy. That time frame I don't know." #Denver7

1h1 hour ago

#Broncos Joseph hints that McKenzie will be out as punt returner after 5 fumbles #Denver7

Troy Renck Retweeted
Zac Stevens‏ @ZacStevensBSN
1h1 hour ago

Vance Joseph: “I didn’t yell. I told them I’m disappointed"

Troy Renck Retweeted
Zac Stevens‏ @ZacStevensBSN
1h1 hour ago

Vance Joseph: “We are making too many small mistakes within the game plan. Sometimes you need to scale it back"

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala
1h1 hour ago

Joseph emphasizing the effort was there in all three phases. "I think we're disappointed in where we are, but we're not broken by no means."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala
1h1 hour ago

Vance Joseph on if he has confidence in Brock Olivo as ST coach: "I do. ... He's a very, very bright guy. He's learned under a guy who's the best in the entire league. ... I am not down on Brock."

NightTrainLayne
11-13-2017, 05:01 PM
Sigh.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-13-2017, 05:07 PM
No problem VJ. We need a top 5 pick anyway. Go get us one with your stubbornness and incompetence. Keep leading us to those losses!

dogfish
11-13-2017, 05:13 PM
they have officially given up. . . they're not even going to TRY to fix anything. . .

BroncoWave
11-13-2017, 05:15 PM
they have officially given up. . . they're not even going to TRY to fix anything. . .

As others have said, it might be for the best at this point. If we're gonna suck, suck all the way and get a high pick. Hell, bring back Siemian and let McKenzie return every single kick. Just really commit to it!

Northman
11-13-2017, 05:28 PM
Dude is like the anti-McDaniels. McD would jettison you if you looked at him the wrong way. You could literally burn the building down on purpose and VJ would not only keep but praise you. Between the two I think I'd rather have McD back.

McD had attitude but then you would have to worry about him shipping Miller off somewhere in exchange for Dee Ford.

ShaneFalco
11-13-2017, 05:36 PM
Head Coach Vance Joseph talks about potential changes on special teams and names a starter at quarterback for this Sunday's game against the Bengals.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Joseph-confident-in-Brock-Olivo-Hes-a-bright-coach/fea71141-7e62-4c2e-accf-614ec511c589

https://49.media.tumblr.com/0b4dc2b69db098106ff129c0c52938a7/tumblr_o0qs2eVHl51ri2ia3o1_500.gif

Davii
11-13-2017, 05:48 PM

If it's proven we were cheating while getting blown out I might agree. As it stands it's embarrassing, but at least it's not embarrassing AND unethical.

VonDoom
11-13-2017, 06:07 PM
Sounds like Lynch might not play at all this year. He's not even throwing deep passes yet, he's not "mentally ready" or whatever crap they talked about last week. What a waste of a roster spot. How could they have bungled this so badly?

Timmy!
11-13-2017, 06:12 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/009c3e4efadb032a7b8a5701cb5d67e7/tenor.gif?itemid=4481202

Davii
11-13-2017, 06:14 PM
I'm very confident in our public services department and street crews. They learned under the best...

ShaneFalco
11-13-2017, 06:18 PM
Sounds like Lynch might not play at all this year. He's not even throwing deep passes yet, he's not "mentally ready" or whatever crap they talked about last week. What a waste of a roster spot. How could they have bungled this so badly?

so thats why we put Kelly back on IR?

HORSEPOWER 56
11-13-2017, 07:08 PM
McD had attitude but then you would have to worry about him shipping Miller off somewhere in exchange for Dee Ford.

Dee Ford? He’s at least decent. McD would trade Von for Van Noy or some other NE scrub.

You know what the problem with VJ is? He’s used to being on shit teams that aren’t successful and having a fan base that accepts guys like Marvin Lewis’ shitty team performances and shitty coaching while on the staff in Cincy- a shit organization. Then he got promoted and was allowed to get away with a shitty performance as Miami DC for a season - another organization where failure is accepted. Then he got promoted again to be a HC.

I wish my job would keep promoting and rewarding me for failure...

MOtorboat
11-13-2017, 07:26 PM
The McKenzie stuff bothers me the most. I get that you're probably not going to go out and replace a special teams coach mid season (although it is possible), but you can't tell me there isn't someone else on that team that can catch a punt without fumbling it.

Rick
11-13-2017, 07:38 PM
I'm not sure why Sanders isn't the punt returner.

Cugel
11-13-2017, 07:43 PM

Don't even say that! He would totally do it.

McMoron has some company for incompetence though. VJ is going to go down with his assistant coaches. Fine.

I don't think getting rid of the special teams coach is going to change anything anyway. It's bad optics of course, but not material at this point. It's true that special teams was the reason they lost last week. And turnovers the week before, and penalties one week, it's always something different. They have found 5 different ways to lose every damn game.

As for Lynch, I imagine he'll be starting next week against the Raiders. That will give them plenty of time to evaluate him for next season.

Cugel
11-13-2017, 07:47 PM
I'm not sure why Sanders isn't the punt returner.

Probably because he's injured and they are paying him $9.5 M this season, and $11M next year and don't want to get him hurt. He could fair catch though.

ShaneFalco
11-13-2017, 07:51 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/1zbq0s.jpg

Cugel
11-13-2017, 07:52 PM
Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post

DMac was claiming that he spoke with Lynch and he thinks Lynch could play, that he looks fine throwing deep passes and that the "he's injured" line is just a bunch of crap so VJ can avoid awkward questions like "why isn't Paxton in the game" to which he'd have to answer "he's just not ready to start mentally." He answered that way accidentally 2 weeks ago and the media picked up on it and he had to backtrack. "This is what I really meant." Only the explanation was B.S. and the real reason is that 2 coaching staffs have concluded that Paxton can't learn to read NFL defenses or something.

In short, he just is useless and they know it. Still, they will have to prove it to John Elway before he will agree to get rid of Paxton this off-season. So, better go to Paxton as soon as possible.

Now, Dmac is a complete and total moron a lot of the time, but I think he's right about this one.

Cugel
11-13-2017, 07:55 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/1zbq0s.jpg

"God will roast their stomachs in hell at the hands of Brock Osweiler!"

"We're giving them a real lesson today. Heavy doesn't accurately describe the level of casualties we have inflicted."

"Yesterday, we slaughtered them and we will continue to slaughter them."

Sounds pretty close to me.

Rick
11-13-2017, 08:01 PM
Probably because he's injured and they are paying him $9.5 M this season, and $11M next year and don't want to get him hurt. He could fair catch though.

Guys like Wes Welker did it for years for their teams as well as being a primary.

Punt returner you have a chance to say **** that and fair catch it before getting killed.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-13-2017, 08:13 PM
That's interesting that DMac said Lynch looks fine throwing deep passes. Unless things have changed, it had been that the press was not allowed at practice once the season started.

VonDoom
11-13-2017, 10:14 PM
The McKenzie stuff bothers me the most. I get that you're probably not going to go out and replace a special teams coach mid season (although it is possible), but you can't tell me there isn't someone else on that team that can catch a punt without fumbling it.

He has no role in the offense and he sucks as a PR. He should be inactive so that someone like Taylor can play. He might actually catch a pass or two and I'm pretty sure he could fair catch a punt

dogfish
11-13-2017, 10:35 PM
He has no role in the offense and he sucks as a PR. He should be inactive so that someone like Taylor can play. He might actually catch a pass or two and I'm pretty sure he could fair catch a punt

i'm kind of curious why they haven't brought carlos henderson back. . . he should be healed from a broken thumb by now. . . granted, he looked more lost than vance when he was out there in the pre-season, but we spent a third rounder on him-- would be nice to get him out there at some point. . .

honestly, that's one of the things that's disappointing me most about this offense. . . we went out in the off-season and made deliberate moves to add more speed and dynamic athleticism to our offense, and we aren't using any of it. . . butt and carlos henderson are on IR, we've only used mckenzie on returns, and deangelo henderson doesn't even dress. . . we're still almost entirely reliant on DT and emmanuel out wide. . . we get very little from our TEs, virtually nothing out of our slot receivers, and we're not even using the backs effectively in the passing game. . . this year is over-- it's time to start playing guys like henderson and booker instead of jamaal charles. . . maybe get connor mcgovern some reps at guard. . . it also wouldn't hurt to dial back DT's and sanders' use rate, and get the younger receivers involved. . . i realize that evaluating the skill guys is more difficult when you don't have good quarterback play, but leaning as heavily as we can on our vets in an effort to scratch out another win or two just delays the process further. . . getting an extended look at some of the kids now would at least give us a bit of a leg up on that process. . .