PDA

View Full Version : McKenzie

WARHORSE
11-13-2017, 04:06 PM
Who the hell keeps putting McKenzie back there to field punts when the man is a FUMBLE MACHINE?

Olivo? Vance?

EVERY time we allow opponents to kick to him its an opportunity for ball possession inside our redzone

HOW.

DUMB.

IS.

THAT?

FIRE the one making that decision YESTERDAY!

Rant over..........steam not.

Magnificent Seven
11-13-2017, 04:37 PM
They have to fix the ball-security issues immediately.

BroncoWave
11-13-2017, 04:55 PM
He had a good week of practice. It's confusing why he keeps fumbling punts!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-13-2017, 04:59 PM
Does anyone know how many times he’s fumbled compared to how many times he’s actually tried to field punts?

MOtorboat
11-13-2017, 07:40 PM
Does anyone know how many times he’s fumbled compared to how many times he’s actually tried to field punts?

He's had 20 returns, 4 fair catches and five fumbles.

Stats from here (http://www.footballdb.com/stats/stats.html?mode=PR) and here (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McKeIs00.htm).

ShaneFalco
11-13-2017, 07:42 PM
https://i.imgur.com/mSXEazQ.gif

DT88TheGreat
11-13-2017, 08:02 PM
Who the hell keeps putting McKenzie back there to field punts when the man is a FUMBLE MACHINE?

Olivo? Vance?

EVERY time we allow opponents to kick to him its an opportunity for ball possession inside our redzone

HOW.

DUMB.

IS.

THAT?

FIRE the one making that decision YESTERDAY!

Rant over..........steam not.

McKenzie has to go through his trials and tribulations, he will be fine next year. He's never been a fumble guy or muff guy in college so that just says to me that the game hasn't slowed down for him yet, he's still adapting to the speed of the game. This guy is going to be a supreme returner for us. Cannot wait for Carlos Henderson the WR we drafted..... This guy is needed badly to play the slot WR positionI especially since we don't have a threat at the TE position.

MOtorboat
11-13-2017, 08:11 PM
McKenzie has to go through his trials and tribulations, he will be fine next year. He's never been a fumble guy or muff guy in college so that just says to me that the game hasn't slowed down for him yet, he's still adapting to the speed of the game. This guy is going to be a supreme returner for us. Cannot wait for Carlos Henderson the WR we drafted..... This guy is needed badly to play the slot WR positionI especially since we don't have a threat at the TE position.

NFL punt returners don't fumble 1 out of every 6 returns. He needs to be benched.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-13-2017, 08:11 PM
He's had 20 returns, 4 fair catches and five fumbles.

Stats from here (http://www.footballdb.com/stats/stats.html?mode=PR) and here (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McKeIs00.htm).

Five out of 24. That’s approximately a 21% fumble rate.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-13-2017, 08:16 PM
NFL punt returners don't fumble 1 out of every 6 returns. He needs to be benched.

1 out of 5.

DT88TheGreat
11-13-2017, 08:18 PM

If it's happening next season then come talk to me about it, I'm not worried about it right now. Growing pains of the NFL, it's something he's never had a issue with at this rate. So I'll deal with the muffs, I will tolerate mistakes from a rookie, will not tolerate mistake after mistake from a veteran..... Again if he's doing it next year then I'll be alarmed, besides it's contributing to what we need now more than ever (losses).

I'd bet my last dollar come week 12 and forward he starts breaking big runs and has at least 2-3 touchdowns.

DT88TheGreat
11-13-2017, 08:21 PM
Benching him won't really mean anything since the guy is genuinely bummed out about his fumbles. It's not like he's just like ( whatever ) about it. I commend Vance for sticking with the kid showing him that he believes in his ability to help this team in the long run, and that he trust him. McKenzie is going t swing a lot of game's in a positive way for us for year's to come.

MOtorboat
11-13-2017, 08:29 PM
Five out of 24. That’s approximately a 21% fumble rate.

I don't think a fumble would be considered a return or a fair catch. So I think it's 5 out of 29. But I'm not 100 percent on that.

MOtorboat
11-13-2017, 08:31 PM
Benching him won't really mean anything since the guy is genuinely bummed out about his fumbles. It's not like he's just like ( whatever ) about it. I commend Vance for sticking with the kid showing him that he believes in his ability to help this team in the long run, and that he trust him. McKenzie is going t swing a lot of game's in a positive way for us for year's to come.

Don't bench him because he's "bummed out." Awesome. Thanks for the input John Fox.

ShaneFalco
11-13-2017, 08:31 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/fDzM81OYrNjJC/giphy.gif

spikerman
11-13-2017, 08:33 PM
“Speed of the NFL?” Do the punts come faster at this level?

BeefStew25
11-13-2017, 09:39 PM
Don't bench him because he's "bummed out." Awesome. Thanks for the input John Fox.

Don’t talk to him like that. His opinion is just as valuable as yours.

MOtorboat
11-13-2017, 09:57 PM
don’t talk to him like that. His opinion is just as valuable as yours.

wwdcd?

BroncoTech
11-13-2017, 10:13 PM
Vance is that you?

BroncoTech
11-13-2017, 10:15 PM

The punts from a left-footed kicker are impossible to catch.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-13-2017, 10:15 PM
I don't think a fumble would be considered a return or a fair catch. So I think it's 5 out of 29. But I'm not 100 percent on that.

You are correct. I misunderstood. Either way it’s awful

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-13-2017, 10:17 PM

I heard that pitiful explanation. I was disappointed Collinsworth didn’t point out the fact he looked to run before he caught the ball, which is probably responsible for 95% of all drops.

MOtorboat
11-13-2017, 10:36 PM
You are correct. I misunderstood. Either way it’s awful

1 out of 5 or 1 out of 6 doesn't much matter. It's bad.

Broncoknight30
11-13-2017, 10:47 PM
Anyone remember this?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000591750/article/patriots-cut-chris-harper-following-muffed-punt

Chris Harper fumbled against the Broncos in 2015, I think in that snow game. Belichick cut him the next day.

Broncoknight30
11-13-2017, 10:48 PM

Huh, then why aren't the Broncos....signing one of those? :)

WARHORSE
11-13-2017, 11:10 PM

Sorry, nothing against you. Most football ignorant post Ive heard in a long time.

DT88TheGreat
11-13-2017, 11:17 PM

The player's come faster and hit harder.

DT88TheGreat
11-13-2017, 11:22 PM
Sorry, nothing against you. Most football ignorant post Ive heard in a long time.

Call it what you want, Mckenzie is playing and will continue to play no matter how much you cry about it man. Let the boy grow. It's a football game.

Belichek cutting some wishful thinking type of returner is not the same. The Broncos picked McKenzie for multiple reasons, they love his return ability and his potential in the slot. Sure you can bencb him and they have, I've seen sanders and somebody else return punts this year, just like they have limited latimer on kickoffs for booker. So they both have been benched. McKenzie just has a longer leash and rightfully so.

Broncoknight30
11-13-2017, 11:26 PM

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. I don't know if it is the speed, as much as a head thing. He is thinking about muffing, and that is the psychology of sports.

It breaks my heart particularly. The kid went to my my alma mater high school. Every year a few of us have a reunion of sorts and I watched him play in HS down here in South Florida. His position coach when he went there, and is head coach there is now is ex NFL DB Patrick Surtain.

Anyway, he was pretty electrifying and I was paying attention to him in college. Could not believe the Elway drafted him. I was excited, and now it just kills me that is doing this. Bottom line is he needs to be gone. I cannot bear watching him do it again.

At this point, I think it is in his head. He desperately wanted to make a play.

dogfish
11-13-2017, 11:27 PM

isaiah's feelings are what's important here, MO. . . vance has an obligation to protect these young men's egos. . . you have to have priorities. . .

DT88TheGreat
11-13-2017, 11:35 PM
I like how people start lying and twisting words. Nobody said dont bench him because it would hurt his feelings, theI fact of the matter is the kid knows what he is doing is bad, he knows what he needs to do and since we are picking top 5 anyway we might as well allow him to work it out on the field vs being on the bench. All of this stuff will be the reason he takes off later this season and looking forward too next season.

BroncoTech
11-13-2017, 11:46 PM
Anyone remember this?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000591750/article/patriots-cut-chris-harper-following-muffed-punt

Chris Harper fumbled against the Broncos in 2015, I think in that snow game. Belichick cut him the next day.

The punter didn't know his boss didn't allow riff-raff like him on the team.

Simple Jaded
11-13-2017, 11:54 PM
Don’t talk to him like that. His opinion is just as valuable as yours.

*Your’s

Simple Jaded
11-13-2017, 11:58 PM
LOL, I was thinking the same thing. I don't know if it is the speed, as much as a head thing. He is thinking about muffing, and that is the psychology of sports.

It breaks my heart particularly. The kid went to my my alma mater high school. Every year a few of us have a reunion of sorts and I watched him play in HS down here in South Florida. His position coach when he went there, and is head coach there is now is ex NFL DB Patrick Surtain.

Anyway, he was pretty electrifying and I was paying attention to him in college. Could not believe the Elway drafted him. I was excited, and now it just kills me that is doing this. Bottom line is he needs to be gone. I cannot bear watching him do it again.

At this point, I think it is in his head. He desperately wanted to make a play.
Isnt Surtain’s son a big time CB recruit this year?

Simple Jaded
11-14-2017, 12:03 AM
isaiah's feelings are what's important here, MO. . . vance has an obligation to protect these young men's egos. . . you have to have priorities. . .

BvJkfCxYNnw

There’s principalities in the whole thing, pahtnah!

Tbolt
11-14-2017, 01:05 AM
Come on guys, you don’t want to hurt the guys feelings over a game! He’s basically the MVP since we need losses. There, I think I’m doing that right.

WARHORSE
11-14-2017, 03:13 AM
Call it what you want, Mckenzie is playing and will continue to play no matter how much you cry about it man. Let the boy grow. It's a football game.

Belichek cutting some wishful thinking type of returner is not the same. The Broncos picked McKenzie for multiple reasons, they love his return ability and his potential in the slot. Sure you can bencb him and they have, I've seen sanders and somebody else return punts this year, just like they have limited latimer on kickoffs for booker. So they both have been benched. McKenzie just has a longer leash and rightfully so.

Last time I checked, ball security is number one priority. Yeah, hes playing....and thats why these guys need to be fired. The defense gets a three and out and we put mr 20% fumble rate out on the field to give them the ball in the redzone. IDIOTIC.

It doesnt matter how well you run if you dont have the damn ball.

spikerman
11-14-2017, 06:08 AM
The player's come faster and hit harder.

Man, if only there were a way for him to catch the ball without worrying about the players hitting him.

Broncoknight30
11-14-2017, 06:20 AM
Isnt Surtain’s son a big time CB recruit this year?

Yeah, he is incredible. Over 6 foot and runs sub 4.5. They have won 3 of the last 4 state championships and will probably win it again this year.

Certainly one the best recruits in the country.

EastCoastBronco
11-14-2017, 08:37 AM
The worst part is, I believe he had already called for a fair catch before he muffed so fear of being hit should not have entered his mind.
He's a broken returner.
Fits right in with this bunch.

Mike
11-14-2017, 09:54 AM

Don't you have something better to do besides argue about your inept football decisions, Vance?

MOtorboat
11-15-2017, 04:04 PM
Per the press conference, Jordan Taylor is going to return.

BroncoNut
11-15-2017, 04:16 PM
I'm not sure who McKenzie is, but sounds to me like she should be spending here development years playing with barbies and having tea parties. good lord, I heard it was bad, but has the NFL really fallen to that level? (haven't partook in a few seasons now)

Hawgdriver
11-15-2017, 04:19 PM
Her petals are prolly too soft for the NFL.

dogfish
11-15-2017, 04:58 PM
Per the press conference, Jordan Taylor is going to return.

return what? a purchase he was unsatisfied with? return to the land of his birth? return from injury? return punts?

:whoknows:

Cugel
11-15-2017, 05:02 PM
He had a good week of practice. It's confusing why he keeps fumbling punts!

They all had a "good week of practice" which of course means they are just crushing opponents, right? I mean I didn't even watch the games, but just from Vance Joseph's presser, in which he announces how great their practices are, I assume they are 7-2 right now and cruising towards Home Field Advantage in the AFC, right?

BigDaddyBronco
11-15-2017, 05:03 PM
return what? a purchase he was unsatisfied with? return to the land of his birth? return from injury? return punts?

:whoknows:

return to beating MO with a large black dild.......

BigDaddyBronco
11-15-2017, 05:03 PM
They all had a "good week of practice" which of course means they are just crushing opponents, right? I mean I didn't even watch the games, but just from Vance Joseph's presser, in which he announces how great their practices are, I assume they are 7-2 right now and cruising towards Home Field Advantage in the AFC, right?

They are practicing against St. Mary's School of the Blind after all. All practices are good.