GEM
11-09-2017, 11:31 PM
At least he's honest with himself. :lol:

Hawgdriver
11-10-2017, 12:32 AM
The O Line never gelled. :(

wayninja
11-10-2017, 12:34 AM
Worst trash talking ever. Aqib is rolling over in his grave.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-10-2017, 12:35 AM
Worst trash talking ever. Aqib is rolling over in his grave.

You can shoot yourself in the ass with that one!

slim
11-10-2017, 12:38 AM
Embarrassing and awkward, like MO on a first date.

wayninja
11-10-2017, 12:39 AM
I'm half expecting them to compare handbags.

Hawgdriver
11-10-2017, 12:40 AM
Embarrassing and awkward, like MO on a first date.

He's a little concerned about his technique, too.

slim
11-10-2017, 12:43 AM
Embarrassing and awkward, like NTL showing visitors the overpass

MOtorboat
11-10-2017, 02:08 AM
Good grief.

Simple Jaded
11-10-2017, 02:36 AM
He ain’t lyin.

slim
11-10-2017, 03:31 AM
Embarrassing and awkward, like a VJ press conference.

Northman
11-10-2017, 05:59 AM
There you go Bronco Nation, the state of mind of our team. Cant even take encouragement from the opposition. Its like our team is full of Emo's.

Shazam!
11-10-2017, 06:13 AM
The problems isnt the line... Right.

BeefStew25
11-10-2017, 09:16 AM
Embarrassing and awkward like Joe......

Hold on.

Rex
11-10-2017, 09:27 AM
Embarrassing and awkward like Joe......

Hold on.

Explaining to his son that “yes, I am married to your mom, but I love men for short periods of time, quite often”

BeefStew25
11-10-2017, 09:27 AM
God bless you Rex.

slim
11-10-2017, 01:57 PM
Embarrassing and awkward, like DCs face.

spikerman
11-10-2017, 03:31 PM

I don’t think anybody ever said the line was good. It’s not bad enough to make a supposed professional QB look like he’d never played the game before, though.

Shazam!
11-10-2017, 07:38 PM

I don’t think anybody ever said the line was good. It’s not bad enough to make a supposed professional QB look like he’d never played the game before, though.

That i do not buy it on sale. They are that bad.

Some teams can do some concepts well enough that it can keep the offense going. Smoke and mirrors won't work against elite teams but it can win you some games.

This OLine can't do anything even remotely well. I know what ive been seeing, it is that bad. Juat when we think it can't get worse there, it does.

The good news is you have to hit bottom before you can go up.

Cugel
11-10-2017, 07:43 PM
There you go Bronco Nation, the state of mind of our team. Cant even take encouragement from the opposition. Its like our team is full of Emo's.

According to Mark Schlereth this is exactly how all good NFL linemen act and think and are motivated all the time. "What you have to understand is that I am far harder on myself than you could ever be. And most linemen are the same" he says. If you give up a sack, even if it might have simply been that both Trevor and Brock are holding the ball to long, you feel totally guilty. "And I played in Pro-Bowls and won SBs in both different conferences. I just played for 12 years in the NFL, so what would I know?" He adds sarcastically.

Schlereth was a MUCH better OL than Watson will ever be, and he says he played, not scared, but terrified every single game. He was intensely critical of himself, just like Watson was in this video. Just as all good OL are apparently. Even the very good ones. Especially the good ones.

Now Watson isn't a good pass-blocker. That's been known for years, but he is not as bad as he appears this year because he's got a QB who sucks.

How does this impact the RT?

1. Teams know that Watson is a bad pass blocker. They also know that the Broncos QB was Trevor and is Brock.

2. They know that the Broncos QBs have thrown 5 picks in the last 2 games and that Denver is desperate to cut down on the number of turnovers by rushing the ball and not having to throw so much.

3. They also know that both QBs are very inexperienced in terms of their development. Neither has developed into a seasoned reliable veteran QB who can take advantage of pressure and get rid of the ball quickly and accurately. So, pressure WORKS against them!

Stuff the box with 8 defenders to stop the run and DARE Siemian or Osweiler to beat them downfield. Then swarm to the QB on passing downs and force turnovers.

If you are as predictable as Denver's offense, and you are unable to run because they know you desperately DON'T trust your QB to pass effectively, and don't trust your OL to pass-block, so that you will try and run all day long.

"We know what you want to do, and we're going to overplay the run to stop you from doing it. We also know that you don't have the kind of elite run blocking OL to be able to just line up and push us back 10 yards on the ground in 3 downs, so we're going to force 3rd and long over and over, and then we'll see if we can get a turnover by bum-rushing your QB."

And team after team does this and it works like a charm. If the Broncos had an actually GOOD QB, this strategy would totally backfire - because it means that you are giving up double coverage on an inside receiver over the middle in order to bring the extra safety up into the box in run support (the 8th man).

Cugel
11-10-2017, 07:46 PM
If the Broncos had a TE like Julius Thomas, or a slot receiver like Wes Welker, or even a running back capable of catching passes out of the backfield (like Jamaal Charles for his entire career actually, but for some insane reason they just haven't been using him in the role for which he is incredibly well-suited - who the friggin' 'ell knows at this point?)

AND if the Broncos had a good QB capable of making those throws quickly and accurately, then they would very quickly have to back off of that defense, because you would be shredding them for big chunks of yardage right down the middle of the field - 12 yards, 15 yards, 25 yards, just one play after another and scoring TDs.

In short teams would quit trying that after one or two series where you made them pay!

But, the Broncos never make them pay so they keep doing that.

And that makes INCREDIBLE pressure on your OL. That makes a probably pretty mediocre OL look truly horrible.

Peyton was able to take an OL that was very probably even worse than this one to the SB. Trevor and Osweiler are able to take a worse than mediocre, but there are worse OLs in the NFL, believe me, and make it look just rock bottom. That makes Watson look worse than he should.

Now he's injured and out, so the RT this week will be Donald Stephenson!

SO all you Broncos fans, you should be praying for a miracle cure for Watson, because you KNOW Stephenson is worse!

Remember that Stephenson sucked so bad both last year and this, that they didn't even want to dress him even if healthy. The only reason he is even on this roster is that they have nobody else, having got rid of both Ty Sambrailo, and Donald Schofield.

Neither of those guys was great I admit, but they wouldn't be desperately picking up a RT who was sitting in his living room all season waiting for an NFL team to call him, without result up till now.

Cugel
11-10-2017, 07:58 PM
Just in case you hadn't figured out how truly awesome the Broncos latest T addition is, just take a look at this:

Kouandjio (6-7, 325 pounds) played college football at Alabama and was selected by the Buffalo Bills (5-3) in the 2014 NFL draft. Kouandjio lasted just three seasons in Buffalo (http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017/11/08/denver-broncos-news-cyrus-kouandjio-tackle-signed/), allowing two sacks in seven career starts.

Kouandijo suffered a hip injury this offseason and was released by the Bills in May. He then spent time with the Detroit Lions (4-4) but was released before the start of the regular season.

Kouandjio was involved in a strange incident this offseason, via Robert Quinn of Bills Wire: “He was detained and taken to the hospital for a mental evaluation after scaling a fence half-naked and reportedly telling police officers to ‘shoot him.'”

This week, Denver is expected to start either Allen Barbre or Donald Stephenson at right tackle. It remains to be seen if Kouandjio will be able to claim the starting job later this season.

OK. This guy is a 2nd round draft pick. He lasts three years with the Bills and never starts regularly. He's cut, signed by the Lions, and cut again. He sits out the NFL season until week 9 waiting for the phone to ring. It doesn't ring - in an NFL desperate for linemen.

Broncos figure "what the hell to we have to lose? We cut Sambrailo and Schofield and kept Donald Stephenson and now he's injured and useless and our only backup is a Guard Allen Barbre, who should be playing LG for us because he's actually a GOOD LG and Max Garcia blows chunks, who knows why we have him starting. I guess it's just because Max Garcia has some incriminating photos of us taken at that resort in Mexico, which we totally deny, by the way! That is right out! That never happened!" -- Vance Joseph.

BeefStew25
11-10-2017, 10:38 PM
Cuges logoff and scare up some strange.

JPPT1974
11-10-2017, 11:08 PM
It is best to show it not just talk about it.

Cugel
11-11-2017, 09:42 AM
Cuges logoff and scare up some strange.

Oh, I did! I did.

Simple Jaded
11-11-2017, 08:40 PM
If the Broncos had a TE like Julius Thomas, or a slot receiver like Wes Welker, or even a running back capable of catching passes out of the backfield (like Jamaal Charles for his entire career actually, but for some insane reason they just haven't been using him in the role for which he is incredibly well-suited - who the friggin' 'ell knows at this point?)

AND if the Broncos had a good QB capable of making those throws quickly and accurately, then they would very quickly have to back off of that defense, because you would be shredding them for big chunks of yardage right down the middle of the field - 12 yards, 15 yards, 25 yards, just one play after another and scoring TDs.

In short teams would quit trying that after one or two series where you made them pay!

But, the Broncos never make them pay so they keep doing that.

And that makes INCREDIBLE pressure on your OL. That makes a probably pretty mediocre OL look truly horrible.

Peyton was able to take an OL that was very probably even worse than this one to the SB. Trevor and Osweiler are able to take a worse than mediocre, but there are worse OLs in the NFL, believe me, and make it look just rock bottom. That makes Watson look worse than he should.

Now he's injured and out, so the RT this week will be Donald Stephenson!

SO all you Broncos fans, you should be praying for a miracle cure for Watson, because you KNOW Stephenson is worse!

Remember that Stephenson sucked so bad both last year and this, that they didn't even want to dress him even if healthy. The only reason he is even on this roster is that they have nobody else, having got rid of both Ty Sambrailo, and Donald Schofield.

Neither of those guys was great I admit, but they wouldn't be desperately picking up a RT who was sitting in his living room all season waiting for an NFL team to call him, without result up till now.

Draft Saquon, trade for Cordy Glenn, sign Alex Smith/John Brown and with a healthy Jake Butt your offense is formidable.

Davii
11-11-2017, 10:18 PM
His technique could definitely use some work