PDA

View Full Version : Khaki Slacks - the official let's go after Harbaugh, of the Jim variety.

Valar Morghulis
11-08-2017, 02:04 AM
I am usually quite rational, but no longer.

Sack Vance Joseph immediately.

Promote McCoy to interim HC
Musgraves to OC with play calling duties

Go hard after Harbaugh

Discuss

MOtorboat
11-08-2017, 02:10 AM
No.

Timmy!
11-08-2017, 02:18 AM
https://media.tenor.com/images/5712c69507566a89ee0c12a0f52f47e4/tenor.gif

Shazam!
11-08-2017, 05:43 AM
I want someone with orange in their blood.

Id prefer Rick Dennison. He interviewed for the job what, 3x?

I am even for bringing back Mike Shanahan at this point.

BroncoWave
11-08-2017, 06:53 AM
Harbaugh isn't going anywhere. He's basically the king of Michigan. Why leave that to be a part of a rebuilding project?

Nomad
11-08-2017, 08:23 AM
If Harbaugh can't find a way to beat Ohio State, his crown will be short lived. There are grumbles (no hot seat yet), especially with losing to Mich St and Penn St. this year. But losing to Ohio St. will not be good for him.

Anyway, Harbaugh a maybe, and Kaep a definite NO.

Cugel
11-08-2017, 09:32 AM
No.

Agreed. No point. Why do fans always want some guy whose NFL coaching career is basically over? Harbaugh is going to stay in MI. Why would he leave? He does NOT WANT to coach in the NFL or he would be doing it right now. He's had other opportunities.

Cugel
11-08-2017, 09:33 AM
Oh, and there's no point sacking VJ at this point either. It's not his fault that his QBs are Moe, Larry and Curly.

Tbolt
11-08-2017, 10:05 AM
Oh, and there's no point sacking VJ at this point either. It's not his fault that his QBs are Moe, Larry and Curly.

A less seasoned group of stooges at QB won 9 games last year. How is he not to blame?

We’ll see if you still think that after the Cheatriots hang 70 on us this week.

Buff
11-08-2017, 10:20 AM
I don't think Harbaugh would come for any price. He basically had his pick of NFL jobs before taking the UM job.

Rick
11-08-2017, 10:25 AM

I personally think the Elway/Dennison connection may be soured.

Elway's comment at the end of the season that no current coach on the team would be considered for HC had to have not sat well.

Freyaka
11-08-2017, 10:30 AM

Go hard after Harbaugh

Discuss

I can 100 percent get on board with this.

Cugel
11-08-2017, 10:31 AM
A less seasoned group of stooges at QB won 9 games last year. How is he not to blame?

We’ll see if you still think that after the Cheatriots hang 70 on us this week.

Coming off a SB win, they won 9 games and failed to make the playoffs. And the defense got worn out. Just because they could do it last year doesn't mean that every year they can just trot out there with no offense and expect the Defense to do it all.

They got tired out and now they're playing badly.

But, your point that the coaching has sucked this year is valid. I don't know that it has mattered much though because Denver does not have a decent QB. Nobody thinks any of them are capable starters.

NightTrainLayne
11-08-2017, 10:32 AM
No.

https://media.tenor.com/images/5712c69507566a89ee0c12a0f52f47e4/tenor.gif

Hell no.

weazel
11-08-2017, 11:01 AM

Go hard after Harbaugh

Discuss

Harbaugh? The dude has the same record with Mich. as two coaches before him had and they were kicked to the curb, the only reason he still has a job is because of his name.

Tbolt
11-08-2017, 12:07 PM
Coming off a SB win, they won 9 games and failed to make the playoffs. And the defense got worn out. Just because they could do it last year doesn't mean that every year they can just trot out there with no offense and expect the Defense to do it all.

They got tired out and now they're playing badly.

But, your point that the coaching has sucked this year is valid. I don't know that it has mattered much though because Denver does not have a decent QB. Nobody thinks any of them are capable starters.

San Francisco has MUCH LESS talent than Denver. Yet they go down kicking and screaming. I am just saying, when a team lays down and gets blown out, that is coaching. Same as when Fox's SB48 team laid down. Being non competitive is all on the coach. If anything, the Offense has more weapons this year than last, and IMO a slighlty improved Oline. I don't think you can say the Denver's defense is MORE worn out this year after a longer off season than they enjoyed the year before. Woods can not carry Wade's jock, McCoy sucked on his last go round sans Tebow creativity, and Leader of Men can lead the band out of town. This won't improve with another season.

Hawgdriver
11-08-2017, 12:13 PM
San Francisco has MUCH LESS talent than Denver. Yet they go down kicking and screaming. I am just saying, when a team lays down and gets blown out, that is coaching. Same as when Fox's SB48 team laid down. Being non competitive is all on the coach. If anything, the Offense has more weapons this year than last, and IMO a slighlty improved Oline. I don't think you can say the Denver's defense is MORE worn out this year after a longer off season than they enjoyed the year before. Woods can not carry Wade's jock, McCoy sucked on his last go round sans Tebow creativity, and Leader of Men can lead the band out of town. This won't improve with another season.

There is obvious dysfunction in Denver. I'm not sure how much of that is on VJ, but that's where you start looking. Him, Elway, Ellis, McCoy, Woods... That's where you look when a decent team gives up on you.

Simple Jaded
11-08-2017, 11:13 PM

Shazam stop this, Dennison is a horrible choice, coaches and players literally hate him.

MOtorboat
11-08-2017, 11:16 PM
Shazam stop this, Dennison is a horrible choice, coaches and players literally hate him.

I don't think he's aware that Dennison was the OC the last two years when the offense, especially the line, was just as shitty as it is now.

Simple Jaded
11-08-2017, 11:19 PM
I don't think he's aware that Dennison was the OC the last two years when the offense, especially the line, was just as shitty as it is now.

I’m fairly sure he thinks Dennison is still Houston OC.

Dapper Dan
11-08-2017, 11:54 PM
I’ll allow it.

Northman
11-09-2017, 06:21 AM
If Harbaugh can't find a way to beat Ohio State, his crown will be short lived. There are grumbles (no hot seat yet), especially with losing to Mich St and Penn St. this year. But losing to Ohio St. will not be good for him.

Anyway, Harbaugh a maybe, and Kaep a definite NO.

Yea, the Michigan job comes with a lot of expectations. Jim has had some success but i wouldnt say he's done enough to have job security there. With all that said im not sure i want him in Denver either.

dogfish
11-09-2017, 02:08 PM
we should be so lucky. . .

Cugel
11-09-2017, 08:05 PM

Yes it doesn't look a lot like kicking and screaming.

I don't think that if they play like this the rest of the year Elway will bring VJ back. And I've been arguing up till the Eagles game that there was no way they'd fire VJ after only 1 season. But, I'm beginning to doubt that.

There could be a total fan revolt with massive no-shows for the New Year's eve game against the Chiefs. That is likely to be a Sunday Night game and it could be seriously cold. Will the fans show up if the team is 4-11 or 5-10 at that point? That is how coaches get fired. Getting blown out at home against divisional rivals.

Simple Jaded
11-09-2017, 08:06 PM
Yea, the Michigan job comes with a lot of expectations. Jim has had some success but i wouldnt say he's done enough to have job security there. With all that said im not sure i want him in Denver either.

They gave Rich Rod more time and he’s utter garbage. JH is a Michigan guy.

Cugel
11-09-2017, 08:09 PM

Forget the fans, Elway can't stand him. Rico was Kubiak's pick and Elway couldn't wait to fire him after the season. That was a big reason Kubiak didn't come back. Dennison was the first asst. coach Elway wanted gone and Kubiak didn't want to save his job by throwing his assistants under the bus. So, they agreed Kubiak would retire. And then Elway fired Rico before he even hired VJ (along with Clancey Barone the OL coach). That guy couldn't even find an OL job, he's now coaching the TEs in Minn.

slim
11-10-2017, 12:35 AM
Sean McGay!

elsid13
11-10-2017, 07:37 AM

Rico isn't getting an interview, Elway doesn't like him for some reason.

elsid13
11-10-2017, 07:43 AM

That isn't true. chris kuper's dad used to post on the mane once and while and stated a couple of time the players and fellow coaches really respected and liked him. Kubes was really loyal to him ans was one of the guys he defend all the time.

Shazam!
11-10-2017, 08:59 AM

I want a Broncos guy. I want someone familiar with the Organization and someone who's been through it before with John.

We went the hot assistant routes before, how has that worked out? Cowher, Gruden? Fassel? Guys not coming out of retirement? An unprepared colllege coach? Pete Carrol? A Harbaugh?

Who is out there? It isn't good.

They need a low risk approach. Another foul up at the HC cannot happen. It will set this team back 10 years.

elsid13
11-10-2017, 10:05 AM
I want a Broncos guy. I want someone familiar with the Organization and someone who's been through it before with John.

We went the hot assistant routes before, how has that worked out? Cowher, Gruden? Fassel? Guys not coming out of retirement? An unprepared colllege coach? Pete Carrol? A Harbaugh?

They need a low risk approach. Another foul up at the HC cannot happen. It will set this team back 10 years.

Were this team is they need a veteran head coach that has been there before. Most likely a OC/DC that was HC before and waiting for his second chance to be different.

slim
11-10-2017, 11:06 AM
Were this team is they need a veteran head coach that has been there before. Most likely a OC/DC that was HC before and waiting for his second chance to be different.

Josh McDaniels?

elsid13
11-10-2017, 11:10 AM
Josh McDaniels?

**** No.

Freyaka
11-10-2017, 01:15 PM
Josh McDaniels?

Part of me would be ok with this, but lets just not ok?

MOtorboat
11-10-2017, 01:44 PM
Josh McDaniels?

This is a wonderful idea.

slim
11-10-2017, 01:58 PM
This is a wonderful idea.

Can you imagine the epic meltdown that would occur?

It would be end of days type stuff....dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!!

dogfish
11-10-2017, 02:53 PM
Josh McDaniels?

sounds like someone is still hung over. . .

elsid13
11-10-2017, 03:10 PM
Can you imagine the epic meltdown that would occur?

It would be end of days type stuff....dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!!

I hopefully it not like ghostbusters reboot from a couple of years ago.

BroncoJoe
11-10-2017, 03:11 PM
I hopefully it not like ghostbusters reboot from a couple of years ago.

Some people would claim your statement is sexist.

Freyaka
11-10-2017, 03:37 PM

Those people obviously never watched that crap show....

I'm hoping that the other female reboot Ocean's Ocho doesn't suck as bad as the female Ghostbuster reboot did.

elsid13
11-10-2017, 04:26 PM

Joe go make me sandwich. Problem solved

Valar Morghulis
11-11-2017, 01:50 AM
Those people obviously never watched that crap show....

I'm hoping that the other female reboot Ocean's Ocho doesn't suck as bad as the female Ghostbuster reboot did.

I liked the Ghostbusters remake

elsid13
11-11-2017, 07:38 AM

Your European, you don’t any taste

Slick
11-11-2017, 09:01 AM
Your European, you don’t any taste

Way to represent America there, elsid.

Nice grammar and spelling.

elsid13
11-11-2017, 09:15 AM
Way to represent America there, elsid.

Nice grammar and spelling.

Went full ‘merica

Cugel
11-11-2017, 09:55 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post

Let's review the Broncos coaching history.

Hired Wade Phillips who had never been a head coach. Great defensive coordinator, still is. He sucked as a head coach. Then they went to Shanahan who had previously interviewed for the job but Pat Bowlen felt he didn't have enough experience. So, Shanny went to Oakland, where he struggled and pretty much sucked because Al Davis was really running that organization.

Then he came here. Two Superbowl Championships. Then Elway retired and Shanahan sucked at drafting and couldn't find a replacement QB who was any good for any length of time.

Then Pat Bowlen went for the flashy new, shiny Offensive Coordinator who would bring the "Patriots Way" to Denver. And Win More Championships! One McMoron later them was 4-12 and in disarray.

Elway stepped in and hired John Fox who had lots of head coaching experience with Carolina and had taken a team to the SB. Stability ensued and 4 consecutive AFC West Championships and a SB under Peyton. But there wasn't enough kicking and screaming in the playoff loss to the Colts so Elway got rid of him and brought in Kubiak.

Old friend who had previous head coaching experience with the Texans. A world championship followed immediately.

But after a 9-7 run in 2016 Elway wanted to fire the offensive coaches so Kubiak retired. Elway then hired the inexperienced but promising new shiny coordinator, who other teams wanted as well.

And here we are. The team is just wildly underachieving. They are getting badly outcoached in every game. The offensive scheme McCoy is running might work great - if he had a really GOOD QB, but with these QBs and these OL it just doesn't work. Denver keeps getting blown out and it's likely to continue on Sunday.

IF this team is 5-11 or 6-10 do they really need to give another "brilliant coordinator" the chance to learn how to be a head coach in the NFL at the Broncos expense?

Being head coach is not like being a defensive coordinator. Lots of coordinators reach their level of incompetence as head coach. Let's not take another one!

Shazam!
11-11-2017, 04:40 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post

Let's review the Broncos coaching history.

Hired Wade Phillips who had never been a head coach. Great defensive coordinator, still is. He sucked as a head coach. Then they went to Shanahan who had previously interviewed for the job but Pat Bowlen felt he didn't have enough experience. So, Shanny went to Oakland, where he struggled and pretty much sucked because Al Davis was really running that organization.

Then he came here. Two Superbowl Championships. Then Elway retired and Shanahan sucked at drafting and couldn't find a replacement QB who was any good for any length of time.

Then Pat Bowlen went for the flashy new, shiny Offensive Coordinator who would bring the "Patriots Way" to Denver. And Win More Championships! One McMoron later them was 4-12 and in disarray.

Elway stepped in and hired John Fox who had lots of head coaching experience with Carolina and had taken a team to the SB. Stability ensued and 4 consecutive AFC West Championships and a SB under Peyton. But there wasn't enough kicking and screaming in the playoff loss to the Colts so Elway got rid of him and brought in Kubiak.

Old friend who had previous head coaching experience with the Texans. A world championship followed immediately.

But after a 9-7 run in 2016 Elway wanted to fire the offensive coaches so Kubiak retired. Elway then hired the inexperienced but promising new shiny coordinator, who other teams wanted as well.

And here we are. The team is just wildly underachieving. They are getting badly outcoached in every game. The offensive scheme McCoy is running might work great - if he had a really GOOD QB, but with these QBs and these OL it just doesn't work. Denver keeps getting blown out and it's likely to continue on Sunday.

IF this team is 5-11 or 6-10 do they really need to give another "brilliant coordinator" the chance to learn how to be a head coach in the NFL at the Broncos expense?

Being head coach is not like being a defensive coordinator. Lots of coordinators reach their level of incompetence as head coach. Let's not take another one!

...and that is my concern. Who is out there?

Bringing back Broncos worked once before. I believe John has to do that again. Not another untested young assistant.

Shazam!
11-11-2017, 05:58 PM
Back to topic of Harbaugh, if John from Baltimore was relieved or resigned, would we want him either?

Meh. Honestly I cant get too excited over either one of them but they can do worse.

Freyaka
11-11-2017, 09:40 PM

I don't know how to respond to that....

Nope...still nothing...

MOtorboat
11-12-2017, 01:03 AM
I don't know how to respond to that....

Nope...still nothing...

Well. He's European, so...