PDA

View Full Version : Practice / Press Conference Notes - Week 10 (patriots)

LawDog
11-06-2017, 04:28 PM
Just watched VJ’s Monday presser. He has absolutely no idea what to do next. Towards the emd he is asked what his thoughts were on the plane ride back and this morning coming in on what happened and what to change. Long pause, then essentially he said do better and it starts with me. If he talks to the team the same way he handled that presser, they wouldn’t spit on him if he was on fire.

slim
11-06-2017, 04:33 PM
He is a leader.

NightTrainLayne
11-06-2017, 04:35 PM
Did anyone ask him what he had spilled on his pullover yesterday?

Denver Native (Carol)
11-06-2017, 04:58 PM
Joseph: Broncos searching for their brand of football
Head Coach Vance Joseph says it starts with him as the Broncos try to figure out a way to end their three-game skid.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Joseph-Broncos-searching-for-their-brand-of-football/41cb9f4e-2534-4cd1-8777-62c89b9bc8e7

Shazam!
11-06-2017, 05:03 PM
They will have a great week of practice.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-06-2017, 05:38 PM
Joseph: Broncos searching for their brand of football
Head Coach Vance Joseph says it starts with him as the Broncos try to figure out a way to end their three-game skid.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Joseph-Broncos-searching-for-their-brand-of-football/41cb9f4e-2534-4cd1-8777-62c89b9bc8e7

Four game skid: NYG, LAC, KC, Philly.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-06-2017, 07:45 PM
Vance Joseph will return to the drawing board and explore an array of possible changes to try to fix the Broncos’ collective disarray. The coaching hasn’t been good enough, the head coach admitted Monday. The execution hasn’t been up to their standards either.

The Broncos are, in their words, “not a very good team right now.”

And after four consecutive losses, they’ve yet to figure out why — why the work during the week hasn’t translated to wins, why a coaching staff packed with play-callers isn’t creating the plays that work, why a once-efficient team has seemingly come unglued.

“I’ve said this after every loss that we got to coach better,” Joseph said Monday. “When you lose football games in this league, you have to coach better, you have to play better. It’s a league that’s really built and operated to have equal parts. So the difference sometimes is the coaching, the difference is the scheme and play-calling. So when you don’t win, absolutely you have to coach better, and that starts with me. I understand that, because in this league coaching is very, very important, and the better-coached teams win. I’ll leave it at that.”

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2017/11/06/broncos-offense-brock-osweiler-quarterback/

HORSEPOWER 56
11-06-2017, 09:57 PM
So, does that mean he’s gonna take over the defense from Woods? Prolly a mistake seeing as how he was 29th calling D for Miami last year. He’s surely not taking over the offense, although I guess he could have Musgrave do it instead of McCoy. Maybe he should relegate Olivo to the cheerleading squad and just tell the returners to stop taking balls out of the end zone and muffing punts.

I honestly don’t know what he thinks he can do to change the play calling.

dogfish
11-06-2017, 10:32 PM
So, does that mean he’s gonna take over the defense from Woods? Prolly a mistake seeing as how he was 29th calling D for Miami last year. He’s surely not taking over the offense, although I guess he could have Musgrave do it instead of McCoy. Maybe he should relegate Olivo to the cheerleading squad and just tell the returners to stop taking balls out of the end zone and muffing punts.

lolz. . . you sound a little salty, homie. . . :heh:

i suppose we all are at this point. . . and yes, you're right-- it would be great to see them start by fixing the obvious and easily fixable mistakes. . . like not taking the damn ball out of the endzone on kickoffs. . . i am super disappointed with olivo-- i couldn't love his attitude any more, but the results have just been pathetic. . . aside from mckenzie busting a couple nice returns purely on skill, the special teams have been an unmitigated disaster. . . straight dumpster fire. . . on 760 earlier today, mase said we have ended up short of the 25 like 13 of 15 times that we've taken it out, or some such ridiculous number. . .

i'm also starting to think joe woods is a bum. . . we generate zero pressure through our scheme, and he seems content to just let tight ends catch as many balls as they want, rather than trying a bracket coverage or a cornerback. . .

BeefStew25
11-06-2017, 10:40 PM
Olivo is a con man.

dogfish
11-06-2017, 10:41 PM
Olivo is a con man.

i want to like him, beef!

all the stupid mistakes make it tough, though. . .

BeefStew25
11-06-2017, 10:49 PM
i want to like him, beef!

all the stupid mistakes make it tough, though. . .

He talks this big giant game but he sucks at his job. Total con man. He is the NTL of coaches.

dogfish
11-06-2017, 11:42 PM
He talks this big giant game but he sucks at his job. Total con man. He is the NTL of coaches.

you think maybe we should fire him, as a shot across the bows of the other underachievers?

GEM
11-07-2017, 07:52 AM

If it were me, i'd change over offensive play calling to Musgrave. Mccoy is a failure of epic proportions. We can't do a whole lot of benching on offense because they will just suck worse than they already do, start with the guy leading the shit show.

Davii
11-07-2017, 08:54 AM
If it were me, i'd change over offensive play calling to Musgrave. Mccoy is a failure of epic proportions. We can't do a whole lot of benching on offense because they will just suck worse than they already do, start with the guy leading the shit show.

It's puzzling. I'm perplexed.

BeefStew25
11-07-2017, 08:56 AM
Personnel matters guys.

Nomad
11-07-2017, 09:05 AM
I'm feeling good about the BRONCOS getting the win Sunday night.

BeefStew25
11-07-2017, 09:13 AM
Nomad would you want to go to a game with me?

Freyaka
11-07-2017, 10:38 AM
I don't have a link sorry, but 104.3 is reporting that we're making a move away from McCoy's offense and adopting more of a Bill Musgrave style offense. I'd really like us to just name him the OC, but I doubt that happens

Hawgdriver
11-07-2017, 10:50 AM
Personnel matters guys.

As does execution. Still, outside of Dallas, is this an evolving and challenging offense that Denver presents its opponents, replete with in-game nuance and surprise?

Davii
11-07-2017, 11:14 AM
I don't have a link sorry, but 104.3 is reporting that we're making a move away from McCoy's offense and adopting more of a Bill Musgrave style offense. I'd really like us to just name him the OC, but I doubt that happens

With Musgrave the Raiders had a hell of an offense last year. Change the OC and they've really taken a step back this year, I don't think that's coincidence.

Davii
11-07-2017, 11:15 AM
As does execution. Still, outside of Dallas, is this an evolving and challenging offense that Denver presents its opponents, replete with in-game nuance and surprise?

Nope. I found it puzzling that VJ would say we've lost all the games the same way... It's not so puzzling when you see that we continue to do the same thing, it doesn't appear there have really been any changes in the game plan (minor tweaks maybe), it doesn't appear that there have been changes in how we practice, etc. So, it's not so puzzling that we lose all the games the same way, it's puzzling that there hasn't been a huge push to fix it.

VonDoom
11-07-2017, 11:21 AM
Anyone see this from yesterday? Belichick is great about over-praising his next opponent, but this is just straight trolling now, right?

Nora Princiotti‏Verified account @NoraPrinciotti Nov 6

Bill Belichick on the Broncos offense: "Offensively they’re very explosive.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-07-2017, 11:23 AM
Anyone see this from yesterday? Belichick is great about over-praising his next opponent, but this is just straight trolling now, right?

Exploding diarrhea

Freyaka
11-07-2017, 11:45 AM

I am sure he just is confused in the differences between explosion and implosion. Boston isn't the most educated area of the world, it's probably a simple mistake.

Nomad
11-07-2017, 12:05 PM

I would. It'll be next year. I'm trying to set it up where both my sons can meet me there too, since both will be stateside.

BeefStew25
11-07-2017, 12:11 PM
I would. It'll be next year. I'm trying to set it up where both my sons can meet me there too, since both will be stateside.

That’s a deal. BDB will bring his grill. Tubby will bring his bad attitude.

GEM
11-07-2017, 12:19 PM
Personnel matters guys.

Which is the exact problem with McCoy, he's not playing an offense to his personnel. Which is puzzling and perplexing because he did a good job adapting the offense to Tebow.

wayninja
11-07-2017, 12:35 PM

Whatever, he'll never be a HOF'er.

wayninja
11-07-2017, 12:36 PM

I would. But we would need 3 tickets for the obligatory buffer seat.

underrated29
11-07-2017, 12:55 PM
Huh.....I swear someone on this site said Mccoy sucked and sucked years ago. LIke they made thread after thread and post after post about it. WHat a smart person they were. Probably handsome too.

PS- He didnt do anything for tebow. He called a bunch of runs that is it. That is not hard to call hand off after hand off. But then again, I think that was stated a bunch too.

Freyaka
So apparently, if Brock struggles this week, per klis, the plan is to go back to Trevor in week 11.

great...that'll end well...

Freyaka
Huh.....I swear someone on this site said Mccoy sucked and sucked years ago. LIke they made thread after thread and post after post about it. WHat a smart person they were. Probably handsome too.

PS- He didnt do anything for tebow. He called a bunch of runs that is it. That is not hard to call hand off after hand off. But then again, I think that was stated a bunch too.

I've been right there with you. I was willing to give him a chance to prove he could do it this time, but the dudes straight junk. I remember the celebrations that were had when he went to the Chargers, we knew he was going to ruin that franchise with poor coaching.

wayninja
11-07-2017, 01:22 PM
So apparently, if Brock struggles this week, per klis, the plan is to go back to Trevor in week 11.

great...that'll end well...

Really? Did someone with authority actually say that? If so, monumentally stupid to already be planning for failure and stating that publicly.

Hawgdriver
11-07-2017, 01:27 PM

Damn you. :shakes fist:

slim
11-07-2017, 01:28 PM

Sounds like he is the VJ of coaches to me.

wayninja
11-07-2017, 01:30 PM

I mean...

It's almost as if pointing out McCoy's flaws and handsomeness are somehow linked.

VonDoom
11-07-2017, 01:38 PM
Really? Did someone with authority actually say that? If so, monumentally stupid to already be planning for failure and stating that publicly.

Klis apparently said it this morning. Really says a lot about Lynch - maybe Elway is realizing that he's a bust:

This morning on Orange & Blue 760 with Tyler Polumbus and Andy Lindahl, Mike Klis of 9News said that Brock Osweiler is playing for his job against the New England Patriots this week.

If things don’t go well for Osweiler and the Denver Broncos in this game, head coach Vance Joseph and the coaching staff will make the move back to Trevor Siemian for their home game against the Cincinnati Bengals.

Siemian started off the season well, but put together a string of five terrible games where he wasn’t seeing much actual pressure and forcing the ball into bad places. Osweiler, in his only start, was pressured an astounding 22 times by the Philadelphia Eagles front seven. He needs to get a little breathing room against the Patriots if he has any hope of continuing under center.

Where does Paxton Lynch fit into all of this? He doesn’t.

The plan with Lynch is to play him only when the Broncos hit their seventh loss. Klis was quick to answer that question when posed. He elaborated further by noting that if that seventh loss comes near the end of the season with the playoffs in the balance then Lynch won’t see the field at all.

It seems that no one on the Broncos believes Lynch gives them the best chance to win, so starting him is a signal to the entire world that the front office believes the season is lost. No one wants to admit that until the math says so.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/11/7/16618078/osweiler-playing-for-job-could-see-siemian-against-bengals

NightTerror218
11-07-2017, 01:43 PM
Klis apparently said it this morning. Really says a lot about Lynch - maybe Elway is realizing that he's a bust:

https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/11/7/16618078/osweiler-playing-for-job-could-see-siemian-against-bengals

Elway is such a win now type of GM. That he does not allow players to develop and signs FA after FA to fill holes. Drafted players rarely get thrusted into starting roles and ride pine for years. Bolles is the only rookie to start since von miller? Most sit behind vets and may start year 3 or 4. Some don't even see reps until that.

MOtorboat
11-07-2017, 01:59 PM

Just play Lynch, for ****'s sake. Good grief.

slim
11-07-2017, 02:00 PM

It is bizarre.

MOtorboat
11-07-2017, 02:01 PM
It is bizarre.

You can take my fan card, FYI, if they go back to Siemian. Because I'll just be watching Red Zone.

Freyaka
11-07-2017, 02:03 PM

Well, Klis is typically the team mouthpiece so...kinda?

wayninja
11-07-2017, 02:03 PM
You can take my fan card, FYI, if they go back to Siemian. Because I'll just be watching Red Zone.

And apparently the rest of us will be watching the twilight zone.

wayninja
11-07-2017, 02:05 PM

Please forgive the ignorance of someone who doesn't follow reporters or their reputations, but is this just his aggressively voiced opinion, or is this coming from someone with actual authority?

slim
11-07-2017, 02:05 PM

If they go back to Siemian, VJ should be fired immediately....no questions asked, no discussion. Just clean out your office and ****.

wayninja
11-07-2017, 02:06 PM
Well, Klis is typically the team mouthpiece so...kinda?

But... why on earth you would make such a statement public? Doesn't it undermine confidence in your upcoming game and other quarterbacks on the roster?

What is gained by this other than madness and high draft picks?

VonDoom
11-07-2017, 02:12 PM
Please forgive the ignorance of someone who doesn't follow reporters or their reputations, but is this just his aggressively voiced opinion, or is this coming from someone with actual authority?

Klis is considered pretty locked in at Dove Valley. If he says it, he probably got it from someone in the organization.

slim
11-07-2017, 02:13 PM
Klis is considered pretty locked in at Dove Valley. If he says it, he probably got it from someone in the organization.

Maybe he got it from Siemian :D

HORSEPOWER 56
11-07-2017, 02:15 PM

Eh, it’s only 3 more weeks til we hit 7 losses and Lynch plays...

wayninja
11-07-2017, 02:16 PM

So dumb. Might as well say "Once we lose to the patriots, we'll bench Os, and go back to ****face, because we are out of ideas have stopped caring."

That's some great PR.

MOtorboat
11-07-2017, 02:17 PM
Eh, it’s only 3 more weeks til we hit 7 losses and Lynch plays...

I'll believe it when I see it. I've seen enough of Siemian, but they still seem to love him.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-07-2017, 02:19 PM
So dumb. Might as well say "Once we lose to the patriots, we'll bench Os, and go back to ****face, because we are out of ideas have stopped caring."

That's some great PR.

Something like that. I see it as, ”We have absolutely no idea what to do with our QB situation so we’ll just keep throwing shit at the wall and hoping something sticks”. It makes the coaching staff look completely clueless and not really in control of anything. Frankly, it’s embarrassing.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-07-2017, 02:20 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. I've seen enough of Siemian, but they still seem to love him.

I know, I was just kidding based on the article and the fact we probably won’t win another game this season.

VonDoom
11-07-2017, 02:23 PM
Something like that. I see it as, ”We have absolutely no idea what to do with our QB situation so we’ll just keep throwing shit at the wall and hoping something sticks”. It makes the coaching staff look completely clueless and not really in control of anything. Frankly, it’s embarrassing.

Also known as the Browns method. Not good company for us.

Freyaka
11-07-2017, 02:27 PM

Klis is the team mouth piece, if he's saying it, it's pretty much the team saying it through him.

GEM
11-07-2017, 02:27 PM

He's the new Chad Mustard. VJ's wubby!

BroncoJoe
11-07-2017, 02:31 PM
Klis is the team mouth piece, if he's saying it, it's pretty much the team saying it through him.

Klis has been wrong more than right. I'd hardly call him the mouthpiece of the Broncos.

Personally, I take anything he says with a grain of salt. Not saying he's wrong here, but he isn't as connected as most people think.

MOtorboat
11-07-2017, 02:36 PM
He's the new Chad Mustard. VJ's wubby!

He was Kubiak's wubby too.

dogfish
11-07-2017, 03:03 PM
wubby, maybe. . . he's not chad mustard until they cut him at least six times. . . that was about as accurate as a tebow pass. . .

kyle peko is clearly this year's mustard, FTR. . .

BeefStew25
11-07-2017, 03:13 PM
I prefer Semen over Brock.

wayninja
11-07-2017, 03:14 PM
That's like saying I prefer Kale over Chard.

Freyaka
11-07-2017, 03:15 PM
That's like saying I prefer Kale over Chard.

I'd say it's closer to saying diarrhea tastes better than solid turds.... No matter which you pick, it's still crap...

wayninja
11-07-2017, 03:16 PM
Depends on whether or not you like the imagery of comparing people to vegetables or excrement I suppose. I'm an optimist.

Freyaka
11-07-2017, 03:18 PM
Depends on whether or not you like the imagery of comparing people to vegetables or excrement I suppose. I'm an optimist.

I used to be an optimist...Then the Orton Era happened. I still haven't recovered my optimism from that...

dogfish
11-07-2017, 04:40 PM
so, 25 apparently thinks we still miss 43. . .

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/07/chris-harris-says-t-j-wards-departure-has-scarred-broncos/

VonDoom
11-07-2017, 04:44 PM
so, 25 apparently thinks we still miss 43. . .

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/07/chris-harris-says-t-j-wards-departure-has-scarred-broncos/

Not saying he's right or wrong, but Harris himself seems to downplay it here:

Chris Harris‏Verified account @ChrisHarrisJr 23m23 minutes ago

Chris Harris Retweeted ProFootballTalk

Boy y’all take bits and Pieces out of interview to make a story . Smh

wayninja
11-07-2017, 04:46 PM
Defense has been stout basically all season except for 1 game.

I may have a different definition of "scarred".

Davii
11-07-2017, 04:54 PM

It's puzzling.

NightTrainLayne
11-07-2017, 04:56 PM

Meh. So Klis' piece yesterday about the 51 reasons VJ should be fired was the team saying that through him? No.

Klis is embedded at Dove Valley and has great sources. I don't doubt he's right on this, but at the same time, that doesn't mean that this is the team communicating directly through him. I have no question that they use him to do so from time to time as all media savvy organizations do, but I don't know that this statement is such a thing.

NightTrainLayne
11-07-2017, 05:00 PM
Meh. So Klis' piece yesterday about the 51 reasons VJ should be fired was the team saying that through him? No.

Klis is embedded at Dove Valley and has great sources. I don't doubt he's right on this, but at the same time, that doesn't mean that this is the team communicating directly through him. I have no question that they use him to do so from time to time as all media savvy organizations do, but I don't know that this statement is such a thing.

Ah shit. That was Kiszla, not Klis. Still, the rest stands.

BeefStew25
11-07-2017, 05:04 PM
Kizla stirs shit.

Freyaka
11-07-2017, 05:14 PM
Kizla stirs shit.

Yes he does, and a lot of people confuse Kizla and Klis...One is reliable, the other is a steaming sack of Brock(crap).

VonDoom
11-07-2017, 05:41 PM
https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/928021737995952128

https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/928023659997990914

Cugel
11-07-2017, 05:50 PM
Oh, a special teams LB got signed from the Seattle practice squad! Let me do my happy dance now. :coffee:

Cugel
11-07-2017, 05:56 PM
Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post

Take a look around the NFL. Every year the top QBs in the league compete for the SB, Brady, Manning, Brady, Brady, Brady, Brady, Brady. . . . But, about 1/2 the teams, including the Broncos don't have a franchise QB. Well, the league wanted this QB driven league and now they have one, but there just aren't enough good QBs to go around.

ABout 1/2 the QBs drafted in the first round are busts, along with most of the 2nd rounders, and almost all of the QBs taken in the third or later rounds or undrafted. So, it's not a surprise that Denver tried twice to draft a QB and failed.

The probability that would happen was over 50% given where Paxton and Brock were drafted alone. Last year some analysts had only 1 QB with a 1st round grade - DeShaun Watson. And he went #12 overall to the Texans.

BroncoJoe
11-07-2017, 06:29 PM
Klis was hired originally to cover the Colorado Rockies. He's a baseball dude. It's only been the last 5 years or so that he's been covering football.

I don't like him. He sucks.

Magnificent Seven
11-07-2017, 09:32 PM
Broncos stun Patriots in Denver

New England (6-2) at Denver (3-5)
8:30 p.m. ET (NBC)

After watching the Broncos for the past two years, I'm half-convinced that John Elway is drafting bad quarterbacks on purpose so that no one breaks any of his records in Denver. As a matter of fact, if it were up to Elway, the Broncos would probably be running an offense that doesn't even need a quarterback.
With no quarterback, the Broncos' season is on the verge of disaster, which is what the year will officially turn into if Denver loses this week. The bad news for the Broncos is that since the Patriots are coming off a bye, Bill Belichick has had an extra week to figure out how to stop a Broncos offense that he probably only needed four minutes to figure out. As a matter of fact, let's check in with Bill and see how his scouting has been going this week.

Wait, what?
I didn't want to pick the Broncos in this game, but I think Belichick might have just talked me into it. Actually, my pick in this game has nothing to do with the Broncos' explosive offense and everything to do with the fact that the Patriots haven't faced a good defense this year. In eight games, New England has faced just one top-10 defense (Carolina) and they lost that game.
After getting embarrassed by the Eagles on Sunday, the Broncos defense is going to be out for blood, I'm just not sure if they're going to be out for Tom Brady's blood or Osweiler's blood because they've seemed pretty frustrated with their own offense, lately.
Normally, I would say there's no way Osweiler could lead the Broncos to a primetime win over the Patriots, but he's actually done it before. Back in 2015, Osweiler won his second career start when he led the Broncos to an overtime win over New England in a Sunday night game. If Osweiler beats Brady on Sunday, I think that makes him the new Eli Manning: The quarterback that Brady inexplicably can't beat.

The pick: Broncos 19-16 over Patriots

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-10-picks-bills-upset-saints-broncos-stun-patriots-in-denver/

slim
11-07-2017, 09:35 PM
Klis was hired originally to cover the Colorado Rockies. He's a baseball dude. It's only been the last 5 years or so that he's been covering football.

Harsh. He is just doing his job.

Tned
11-07-2017, 09:50 PM

Klis or Kiszla? I know Klis has been covering the Broncos for much longer than five years.

wayninja
11-07-2017, 10:24 PM
Ugh... they should really require that one of those dudes change their name for the sake of message board sanity.

topscribe
11-07-2017, 10:28 PM
I've gotten a lot out of Klis' work. He's very close to the Front Office and has a lot of inside information.

As for Kiszla, he occasionally has something worthwhile to say . . . when he's not being a blowhard . ..

Cugel
11-07-2017, 10:49 PM
Klis or Kiszla? I know Klis has been covering the Broncos for much longer than five years.

They are not the same. At all. Klis is a professional beat writer. He covered the Rockies and now he spends all his time out at Dove Valley talking with coaches, players and John Elway. He talks to EVERYBODY. He's as close to an official source who doesn't actually work for the Broncos as you can get.

Kizla is the pot-stirrer. He writes outrageous things on purpose to draw clicks. That is his job - NOT providing really useful info. "51 Reasons Why Vance Joseph Should Be Fired" -- all the time knowing that is ludicrous. John Elway is not thinking of firing his rookie head coach, because that would make him, Elway, look like a fool for hiring him in the first place.

He might well have screwed up badly, but now is not the time to judge. VJ needs to have 2 seasons - barring calamity. If the team goes 5-11 or something, then VJ will be on the hot seat for next year.

But, Elway isn't going to act like a chicken without a head and just run around making changes for the sake of change.

They need a QB. Their plans to get one failed. That is not surprising. It's not easy, and you can't tell in advance how a guy will adapt to starting in the NFL. Some guys do great right away but another "10% never get the word." Paxton is part of the 10%. It sucks but there it is.

Tned
11-07-2017, 10:56 PM
They are not the same. At all. Klis is a professional beat writer. He covered the Rockies and now he spends all his time out at Dove Valley talking with coaches, players and John Elway. He talks to EVERYBODY. He's as close to an official source who doesn't actually work for the Broncos as you can get.

I'm fully aware of that, my gentle question was more polite than saying, "BJ, are you a ******* moron? Klis has been covering the Broncos since the Plummer days, and is the most senior Broncos beat writer in Denver."

But, since I'm a kinder, gentler version of my old self, I instead did a gentle clarification in the form of a question (learned it watching Jeopardy).

VonDoom
11-08-2017, 09:06 AM
Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 16m16 minutes ago

Broncos to place RT Menelik Watson (foot) on IR; sign OT Cyrus Koundjio, per league sources. #9sports

LawDog
11-08-2017, 09:13 AM
Cyrus who?

VonDoom
11-08-2017, 09:19 AM
Cyrus who?

This guy. Was on the Bills for a while. Second round draft pick that isn't any good:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9395/cyrus-kouandjio

BeefStew25
11-08-2017, 09:32 AM
Orlando Franklin is available.

Tned
11-08-2017, 09:34 AM

Broncos to place RT Menelik Watson (foot) on IR; sign OT Cyrus Koundjio, per league sources. #9sports

The sad thing that as bad as he was, he was still by far our best RT.

Maybe Barbre at RT, and try McGovern at LT.

It's a mess.

Cugel
11-08-2017, 10:17 AM
Cyrus who?

He's a guy who was drafted by Buffalo, cut, signed by Detroit, injured and cut. Oh, and he's a bit strange:

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- The Detroit Lions signed Cyrus Kouandjio on the final day of minicamp. On the day of the team's final practice of the preseason, the offensive tackle was cut.

Kouandjio had been brought in to compete with Greg Robinson for the starting left tackle spot after Taylor Decker had shoulder surgery. That competition never really materialized, though. Robinson took over the top role by the end of the first week of training camp and never relinquished it.

He missed a few days of camp this preseason with an injury, and on Monday, Lions coach Jim Caldwell mentioned Kouandjio's health when he was asked about his performance.

"He was kind of a little bit up and down with his health a little, just in terms of not being able to function exactly like he'd like to," Caldwell said. "And then he's gotten better, so we'll see."

Apparently the Lions had seen enough.

Cutting Kouandjio means Cornelius Lucas is the No. 3 tackle on the roster. It could open up a roster spot for undrafted free agent Storm Norton or veteran Nick Becton, who was signed during camp. The other options include going heavier at another position because Joe Dahl could play tackle in a pinch or signing someone after other players are cut.

The 24-year-old Kouandjio was the No. 44 pick of the 2014 draft to Buffalo. He played in 25 games for the Bills, starting seven of them. He suffered a hip injury at his home in January and then was hospitalized after police found him half-naked in a field in April. (http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20495850/detroit-lions-waive-cyrus-kouandjio)Buffalo waived him in May.

My take on the Dove Valley conversation:

Elway: "OK. We clearly screwed up! First we signed Menelik Watson when he's already missed over 1/2 his NFL career with injury and now we've had to put him on season ending IR."

VJ: "We?"

Elway: "Shut up! OK. We also got rid of Ty Sambrailo and Michael Schofield, who is somehow playing well enough for the Chargers. Did I miss anything?"

VJ: "Well, there's Donald Stephenson. We kept him."

Elway: "Yes, but he not only sucks just as bad as last year, he's also injured."

VJ: "Yes. What do we do now? Who else is out there waiting for a phone call?"

Elway: "Well, there's some dude named Cyrus Kouandjio. Drafted by Buffalo, released by the Lions."

VJ: "Isn't he that guy who was drafted in the 2nd round in 2014? Then sucked his way out of Buffalo and Detroit? Plus, didn't he have some kind of off-field incident where he was rescued by police from wandering around naked in a field, drunk off his ass and freezing to death?"

Elway: "Would you prefer to go the rest of the season with G Allen Barbre as your RT?"

VJ: "Point taken. Let's get his agent on the phone!"

NightTrainLayne
11-08-2017, 11:08 AM

Shit.

LawDog
11-08-2017, 11:25 AM
This guy. Was on the Bills for a while. Second round draft pick that isn't any good:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9395/cyrus-kouandjio

Don't they have a traffic cone they could suit up?

VonDoom
11-08-2017, 12:08 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 23m23 minutes ago

#Broncos bring back Dillon Day on practice squad. Tim Patrick is released from PS. ... #Denver7

Tbolt
11-08-2017, 12:14 PM
Wait, always injured sucky british tackle is injured? Who could have guessed this would happen? Cutting Schofield for this very reason made no sense. They had nothing but injury risks with Stephenson and Watson and Elway said, screw it, were rolling with those guys and a rabbits foot. What could go wrong?

Hawgdriver
11-08-2017, 12:51 PM
Wait, always injured sucky british tackle is injured? Who could have guessed this would happen? Cutting Schofield for this very reason made no sense. They had nothing but injury risks with Stephenson and Watson and Elway said, screw it, were rolling with those guys and a rabbits foot. What could go wrong?

I get Stephenson was dead money or whatever, but he's dead weight and Schofield wasn't.

dogfish
11-08-2017, 12:59 PM
did he really go on IR with a f#@%ing calf sprain??

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hawgdriver
11-08-2017, 01:00 PM

He will have more time to enjoy his new wife! Be happy for him.

Buff
11-08-2017, 01:07 PM

I think he went on IR for horrendous performance that wasn't going to get any better.

Buff
11-08-2017, 01:08 PM
Don't they have a traffic cone they could suit up?

No remember we replaced all of our turnstyles and traffic cones with this bunch! It will be an improvement they said!

Hawgdriver
11-08-2017, 01:09 PM
Kinda weird that the big FA tackle acquisition who had injury history and has never put it together on account of injuries is now injured and our RT sitch is as bad as ever.

Who could have seen that coming?

BeefStew25
11-08-2017, 01:11 PM
Orlando Franklin is available.

Rick
11-08-2017, 01:24 PM
I'm not sure why Big O was never brought in to compete at guard. I think Dunlap is available as well, would have brought him in to compete at RT.

slim
11-08-2017, 01:30 PM
Kinda weird that the big FA tackle acquisition who had injury history and has never put it together on account of injuries is now injured and our RT sitch is as bad as ever.

Who could have seen that coming?

Everyone in the world except John Elway?

Hawgdriver
11-08-2017, 01:33 PM
Everyone in the world except John Elway?

The line is better this year. Incredibly deep roster.

VonDoom
11-08-2017, 01:34 PM

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 3h3 hours ago

#Broncos placed OT Menelik Watson on Injured Reserve with a torn tendon in foot, source said. He had also battled a calf injury this season

slim
11-08-2017, 01:35 PM
The line is better this year. Incredibly deep roster.

it's the deepest roster I've seen in my 100 years as a fan.

Magnificent Seven
11-08-2017, 02:23 PM
The sad thing that as bad as he was, he was still by far our best RT.

Maybe Barbre at RT, and try McGovern at LT.

It's a mess.

McGovern at LT? Not happy with Bolles?

GEM
11-08-2017, 02:33 PM
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 3h3 hours ago

#Broncos placed OT Menelik Watson on Injured Reserve with a torn tendon in foot, source said. He had also battled a calf injury this season

He put the poor fella out of his misery. :laugh:

Tned
11-08-2017, 02:43 PM
McGovern at LT? Not happy with Bolles?

Oops, meant LG.

VonDoom
11-08-2017, 02:53 PM
Nick Kosmider‏Verified account @NickKosmider 17m17 minutes ago

Patriots coach Bill Belichick on facing Broncos: "I know we won't see anything close to what happened last week in Philadelphia. ... We're going to have to play our best game of the year."

Darren McKee‏ @dmac1043 19m19 minutes ago

Belichick - Brock is a smart qb. Uses all his receivers. Lots of strong points.

VonDoom
11-08-2017, 02:54 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 15m15 minutes ago

#Broncos Donald Stephenson, who has been sidelined with calf injury, is practicing. As a result he becomes leading candidate to start at RT per depth chart #Denver7

Nick Kosmider‏Verified account @NickKosmider 14m14 minutes ago

In addition to players getting vet rest day -- Talib, DT, Peko, Charles -- WR Bennie Fowler and RG Ron Leary also on the sidelines during today's practice.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 13m13 minutes ago

#Broncos Lynch throwing well. Working arm strength back after shoulder injury. Ability to feel healthy after more reps and take a hit on shoulder remain hurdles to clear before playing. #Denver7

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 7m7 minutes ago

#Broncos Paradis not practicing. McGovern taking reps. Paradis was treated for injury after game. Told me would be OK. Has time but not out here today #Denver7

MOtorboat
11-08-2017, 02:55 PM

Patriots coach Bill Belichick on facing Broncos: "I know we won't see anything close to what happened last week in Philadelphia. ... We're going to have to play our best game of the year."

Did Denver pick up a free agent quarterback I'm unaware of?

wayninja
11-08-2017, 02:57 PM
I don't think so, but I've heard Donovan McNabb's name being floated.

GEM
11-08-2017, 02:59 PM
Horse petucky on the vet day. You get beat like we have 4 games running, no one deserves an extra day off. If I remember correctly, Talib didn't look so hood on Sunday.

BeefStew25
11-08-2017, 03:13 PM
Horse petucky on the vet day. You get beat like we have 4 games running, no one deserves an extra day off. If I remember correctly, Talib didn't look so hood on Sunday.

Quit being emo.

slim
11-08-2017, 03:14 PM

Pipe down. VJ is leading his men.

Freyaka
11-08-2017, 03:19 PM

Darren McKee‏ @dmac1043 19m19 minutes ago

Belichick - Brock is a smart qb. Uses all his receivers. Lots of strong points.

*******.....God I hate Bilichick, even when he's acting like he's praising us.

wayninja
11-08-2017, 03:41 PM
That's Belicheats style. Nothing but praise for an enemy he'd trade his Mother for inside knowledge of.

GEM
11-08-2017, 03:46 PM
Quit being emo.

:laugh: Yep, being emo is saying no days off for guys on a 4 game losing stretch who showed no discipline. Go find a fire pit and sing kumbaya.

GEM
11-08-2017, 03:46 PM
Pipe down. VJ is leading his men.

And doing a terrible job of it! :clap:

VonDoom
11-08-2017, 04:02 PM
Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 4m4 minutes ago

Vance Joseph said Matt Paradis did not practice because of his back and Demaryius Thomas did not practice because of his hamstring.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 3m3 minutes ago

Joseph said Menelik Watson has a torn tendon in his foot.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 3m3 minutes ago

Joseph said Allen Barbre, Donald Stephenson and Elijah Wilkinson in mix at RT.

slim
11-08-2017, 05:08 PM
Joseph said Allen Barbre, Donald Stephenson and Elijah Wilkinson in mix at RT.

Good grief. Be a leader and pick someone.

wayninja
11-08-2017, 05:09 PM
They will all end up starting, probably in the same game.

dogfish
11-08-2017, 05:28 PM
Good grief. Be a leader and pick someone.

not picking a starter has worked so well at left guard that they figured they'd try it here, too. . .

NightTerror218
11-08-2017, 06:11 PM
Elway should pick,up Martellus Bennett who was released by packers if he is healthy

wayninja
11-08-2017, 06:21 PM
Elway should pick,up Martellus Bennett who was released by packers if he is healthy

He's not, that's why he was released. Either mentally or physically or both.

Is TE really our problem anyway?

Tbolt
11-08-2017, 06:21 PM
I get Stephenson was dead money or whatever, but he's dead weight and Schofield wasn't.

I get it, and Schofield sucked, but, he did start in a SB that we won. Surely he had SOME value as a backup swing tackle/guard. I mean, he looks passable in SD. Cutting a guy that had game experience, was not carrying a major cap hit, and could play guard or tackle on a line with major injury question marks just seems really, really stupid. I hated Schofield, so I didn't really mind when they did it, but that has nagged at me all year, because there is literally nobody else.

Hawgdriver
11-08-2017, 08:49 PM
I get it, and Schofield sucked, but, he did start in a SB that we won. Surely he had SOME value as a backup swing tackle/guard. I mean, he looks passable in SD. Cutting a guy that had game experience, was not carrying a major cap hit, and could play guard or tackle on a line with major injury question marks just seems really, really stupid. I hated Schofield, so I didn't really mind when they did it, but that has nagged at me all year, because there is literally nobody else.
Right. Crappy as Schofield was, he's the kind of crappy we could use now.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-08-2017, 09:38 PM

Glimmer of hope kind of crappy?

dogfish
11-08-2017, 09:51 PM
oh man, you know you suck bad when you're reduced to pining for schofield. . . :lol: :doh:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-08-2017, 09:51 PM

oh man, you know you suck bad when you're reduced to pining for schofield. . . :lol: :doh:
Sambo was name dropped too.

dogfish
11-08-2017, 09:54 PM
if the right QB isn't within reach, i'd sure love to see us take an OT with our top pick again next year. . .

Simple Jaded
11-08-2017, 10:43 PM

It’s been a problem for years.

Simple Jaded
11-08-2017, 10:46 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/cyrus-kouandjio?id=2543482

I think I’d rather have Kouandjio than Svhofield anyway.

Simple Jaded
11-08-2017, 11:05 PM
Who among us hasn’t woke up drunk and butt naked in a park?

GEM
11-08-2017, 11:58 PM
It’s been a problem for years.

I'm having nightmares about covering gronk and I haven't even gone to bed yet. :mad:

Davii
11-09-2017, 12:05 AM
I'm having nightmares about covering gronk and I haven't even gone to bed yet. :mad:

Good thing you're not playing safety this week! :D

Hawgdriver
11-09-2017, 12:17 AM
Good thing you're not playing safety this week! :D

Except she is.

Magnificent Seven
11-09-2017, 12:36 AM
Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 6h6 hours ago
C.J. Anderson on coming home after 3-game roadtrip: “It’ll be good if the fans still believe. We get a lot of things on social media whether they believe or not. We need them out there, 76-77,000 strong, yelling, being loud, disrupting Brady and his calls.'' #9sports

Broncos need loud fans for SNF.

Davii
11-09-2017, 09:15 AM
Broncos need loud fans for SNF.

The fans will be as loud as the team gives them reason to be. Show them there's a chance and they'll peg the decibel meter. They'll be loud at the start, but if team lays down... it will quiet down immediately after the boos.

BeefStew25
11-09-2017, 11:28 AM
Gem did they practice all night?

underrated29
11-09-2017, 12:28 PM

Does it count if you are in your car but parked in a park?

Hawgdriver
11-09-2017, 12:29 PM
Does it count if you are in your car but parked in a park?

Convertible?

Freyaka
11-09-2017, 01:33 PM

Yes it really is. We don't have a reliable safety valve for any of our QB's to utilize. All of our TE's are hit and miss. Derby can have an amazing game and then in the same game just start dropping everything. Green is great, but he's never ever utilized.

Freyaka
11-09-2017, 01:35 PM

I've never been drunk before...came close after that KC game a few weeks ago with the rumpleminz shots everyone was insisting upon, not gonna comment on the butt ass nekkid part.

dogfish
11-09-2017, 01:54 PM
I've never been drunk before...

this explains so much!

VonDoom
11-09-2017, 02:22 PM
Lindsay Jones‏Verified account @bylindsayhjones 55m55 minutes ago

Vance Joseph on playing New England this wk: "It’s a smart team. It’s a detailed team. They play with great focus and detail. ... If our football IQ is not high enough to match it, we cannot beat this team."

Buff
11-09-2017, 02:28 PM
Was listening to Sandy with Troy Renck... A few things they said that I agree with:

1.) VJ needs to stop talking about their great practices.

2.) VJ needs to stop talking about how the team lacks an identity and do something about it - you're the HC!

3.) He needs to start being more assertive on both sides of the ball and quit deferring... Renck had a great example with NYG - essentially they had only one guy on the roster who could beat us with all of their injuries (Engram) and what do we do? We let him beat us. Poor coaching.

4.) Amend the offensive scheme to the personnel better... Like he said there is nothing wrong with the scheme - but when we put ourselves in 3 WR sets, the line can't hold up, we turn the ball over, etc... So quit being so stubborn and put the players in better positions to succeed.

wayninja
11-09-2017, 02:31 PM
Green is great, but he's never ever utilized.

So, then... not the problem.

dogfish
11-09-2017, 02:49 PM
So, then... not the problem.

sure, as long as you think virgil green is "great". . .

*snorts*

TE isn't *the* problem, but it most certainly is A problem. . . not one that marty bennett is likely to fix at this point, but it most definitely has a place on our ever-growing to-do list. . .

VonDoom
11-09-2017, 03:01 PM
Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 14m14 minutes ago

CJ Anderson sent home sick. Sources say just a minor bug, likely to play on Sunday. #Broncos @1043TheFan

Nick Kosmider‏Verified account @NickKosmider 11m11 minutes ago

Good news for the Broncos: their top two offensive linemen -- center Matt Paradis (back) and right guard Ron Leary (bicep) -- were back at practice today.

Freyaka
11-09-2017, 03:08 PM

*snorts*

TE isn't *the* problem, but it most certainly is A problem. . . not one that marty bennett is likely to fix at this point, but it most definitely has a place on our ever-growing to-do list. . .

Almost everytime Green gets a ball thrown his way he catches it. For some reason, we don't ever throw it his way....And that's through multiple coaching staffs.

But the point you make is the point i'm going at. It's a problem. If you cannot fix THE problem, work on fixing other problems to lessen the impact of THE problem.

wayninja
11-09-2017, 04:04 PM
Almost everytime Green gets a ball thrown his way he catches it. For some reason, we don't ever throw it his way....And that's through multiple coaching staffs.

But the point you make is the point i'm going at. It's a problem. If you cannot fix THE problem, work on fixing other problems to lessen the impact of THE problem.

So, fix the problem with never throwing to the TE, by getting a potentially mentally and physically unstable TE to replace?

I can't believe the TE position is the hot topic of the current broncos' woes.

VonDoom
11-09-2017, 04:06 PM
Nick Kosmider‏Verified account @NickKosmider 1m1 minute ago

Derek Wolfe (neck) and C.J. Anderson (illness) missed practice today. Joseph expects both to play Sunday.

wayninja
11-09-2017, 04:07 PM

*snorts*

Well, i never said he was great, just arguing that if the OP thinks he is, then replacing him is likely not a solution.

I think a position that we routinely throw to 1-5 times a game is not our glaring offensive issue. The position could be better, but it's like focusing on the cigarette lighter not working when the engine is on fire.

Freyaka
11-09-2017, 04:19 PM
So, fix the problem with never throwing to the TE, by getting a potentially mentally and physically unstable TE to replace?

I can't believe the TE position is the hot topic of the current broncos' woes.

I didn't say Bennett was a fix, nor an i suggesting we get him, only commenting on the fact that the te position is most certainly a position of need.

Green us under utilized, the other tes suck, but could be the answer next year, who knows, but we need better te play.

PatriotsGuy
11-09-2017, 04:22 PM
Pats claimed Marty

BeefStew25
11-09-2017, 04:24 PM
The Bennett brothers are turds.

BroncoJoe
11-09-2017, 04:33 PM
Guys, we have Butt as a solution to our TE woes.

Hawgdriver
11-09-2017, 04:35 PM
Guys, we have Butt as a solution to our TE woes.

More butt has always been the solution.

Rick
11-09-2017, 04:36 PM
Well, i never said he was great, just arguing that if the OP thinks he is, then replacing him is likely not a solution.

I think a position that we routinely throw to 1-5 times a game is not our glaring offensive issue. The position could be better, but it's like focusing on the cigarette lighter not working when the engine is on fire.

Is the reason that we are only going to the TEs 1-5 times because we don't feature them, or because they are not good enough to get open?

wayninja
11-09-2017, 04:37 PM
Is the reason that we are only going to the TEs 1-5 times because we don't feature them, or because they are not good enough to get open?

I would claim the former.

They 'aint worldbeaters, but green and derby are a competent duo, as far as I've seen.

BroncoJoe
11-09-2017, 04:42 PM

I'm more of a boob guy, but sure.

Rick
11-09-2017, 04:43 PM
Green has been a disappointment to me. Looking at his combine, he was easily as athletic in everyway as Howard was this year, but he has never been a part of the offense.

Hawgdriver
11-09-2017, 04:44 PM
I'm more of a boob guy, but sure.

Good point we should add a guy named Breast to the roster.

Buff
11-09-2017, 04:45 PM
Green is an enigma. He shows flashes of being that uber elite TE who can block and catch - but it's like he's never taken the next step and just about the time he seems to be turning a corner he takes a step back.

dogfish
11-09-2017, 04:47 PM
Almost everytime Green gets a ball thrown his way he catches it.

He shows flashes of being that uber elite TE who can block and catch -.

i feel like i am in the twighlight zone here. . . :huh:

BroncoJoe
Green is an enigma. He shows flashes of being that uber elite TE who can block and catch - but it's like he's never taken the next step and just about the time he seems to be turning a corner he takes a step back.

They just don't use him, IMO. Seems like every time they throw to him, he makes the catch and gets descent YAC.

I don't know.

Slick

He had better combine numbers than Julius Thomas.

dogfish
11-09-2017, 04:50 PM
the guy has failed to produce anything consistently through three different coaching staffs. . . he's just not that good, regardless of the underwear olympics. . . jarvis moss killed the combine, too. . .

Slick
11-09-2017, 04:55 PM
the guy has failed to produce anything consistently through three different coaching staffs. . . he's just not that good, regardless of the underwear olympics. . . jarvis moss killed the combine, too. . .

Right, that's why he's an enigma. He makes a great play here and there but in the long run he just doesn't produce.

wayninja
11-09-2017, 04:55 PM
They just don't use him, IMO. Seems like every time they throw to him, he makes the catch and gets descent YAC.

I don't know.

I agree... can't rail against a guy for lack of production if he gets less than 2 targets per game. He's 9/12 this year with a TD and over 100 yards.

Seems serviceable to me. Just use him more.

Buff
11-09-2017, 05:02 PM
i feel like i am in the twighlight zone here. . . :huh:

No I am not agreeing with Frey (which goes without saying). He doesn't catch everything and has had some terrible drops... But he's also had some awesome catches and some really athletic plays that flash his upside - so you just wonder what's prevented him from developing.

underrated29
11-09-2017, 05:34 PM
For the life of me I cannot think of 1 single Amazing play green has made. I cannot even think of a great play. I cannot even think of anything he has ever done that even comes close to AJ Derbys 1 handed TD grab earlier this year.

I can think of a few catches he has made. A few first downs. A TD he caught, but none of them were wow plays. Nothing. His blocking is ok. He cant get seperation despite the fact that he is fast and can jump high. His YAC is average. The guy is Wesley Duke and nothing more. he sucks

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-09-2017, 05:50 PM

I like Butt and I want to see Butt unleashed.

Hawgdriver
11-09-2017, 05:53 PM
I like Butt and I want to see Butt unleashed.

I'm sick of the things that are keeping Butt contained.

Hawgdriver
11-09-2017, 05:55 PM
For the life of me I cannot think of 1 single Amazing play green has made. I cannot even think of a great play. I cannot even think of anything he has ever done that even comes close to AJ Derbys 1 handed TD grab earlier this year.

I can think of a few catches he has made. A few first downs. A TD he caught, but none of them were wow plays. Nothing. His blocking is ok. He cant get seperation despite the fact that he is fast and can jump high. His YAC is average. The guy is Wesley Duke and nothing more. he sucks

He caught one early this year that was wow. Not W-O-W or even Wow!, but wow.

topscribe
11-09-2017, 05:56 PM

Well, he is reportedly good at blocking, which is why they keep him around. What I would like
to know is why they keep three mediocre TEs and put Butt on IR (when we know Butt is not
that bad off).

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-09-2017, 05:58 PM

Green is physically gifted and is a violent player. He just drops too many passes.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-09-2017, 06:00 PM
I'm sick of the things that are keeping Butt contained.

We both wanna see Butt as soon as possible.

Hawgdriver
11-09-2017, 06:02 PM

:beer:

BroncoJoe
11-09-2017, 06:07 PM
He caught one early this year that was wow. Not W-O-W or even Wow!, but wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vFChXhqZdg

underrated29
11-09-2017, 06:07 PM
I saw some butt last night and have a date to see some more tonight. Tonights butt isnt as big as our butt though, but at least its not hairy
#YesIamTalkingAboutJoe

Hawgdriver
11-09-2017, 06:17 PM
Yep, that's the one Joe.

Cugel
11-09-2017, 06:32 PM

We're done waiting for Virgil Green to produce. For whatever reason it has never happened. That's why they drafted Jake Butt although he was injured so badly in the January bowl game that this was going to be a red-shirt year for him.

Right now the Broncos TEs might as well not be on the field. Not one of them presents any problems for the defenses which can cover them with a single LB. Julius Thomas demanded double coverage in the red-zone because he would box out the defender and out rebound the defender every time with his basketball skills. None of the current Broncos TEs does that.

Rick
11-09-2017, 06:36 PM
Green won't be retained.

dogfish
11-09-2017, 06:39 PM
Green won't be retained.

not at his current cap number. . . he's the kind of guy they love to squeeze for a re-negotiation and then keep around, though. . . i'd say heurmann will be the first to be axed-- he's the most useless of a bad bunch. . .

Rick
11-09-2017, 06:40 PM
He will be UFA. I see them just letting him go and hoping for comp pick.

dogfish
11-09-2017, 06:49 PM
He will be UFA.

oh. . . sweet!

:beer:

Simple Jaded
11-09-2017, 07:09 PM
It’s over for Green, time to move on. Don’t count on a comp pick either, I think he’ll be out of the league this time next year,

Simple Jaded
11-09-2017, 07:17 PM
I've never been drunk before...

What?

What?

Whooooooowhatah?

Rick
11-09-2017, 07:22 PM
I've never even had alcohol let alone been drunk.

Hawgdriver
11-09-2017, 07:24 PM

I respect that.

More for me.

Simple Jaded
11-09-2017, 07:25 PM
https://tenor.com/view/funny-hilarious-lil-wayne-what-huh-gif-3470481.gif

Simple Jaded
11-09-2017, 07:29 PM
Speaking of booze, I think Elway, Russell and Hechert need to start drinking again.

Cugel
11-09-2017, 07:40 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post

Oh, you mean JAKE Butt? OK.

Freyaka
11-09-2017, 07:54 PM

That's how my brother is. We've got a lot of alcoholics in our family and they are all a-holes. My brother won't even drink because he's worried he'll end up like the rest of the family. That is also why I never allow myself to drink enough to get drunk. I trust myself to have like 1-2 beers every now and then, but I severely limit myself for that reason.

Simple Jaded
11-09-2017, 07:57 PM

Oh, you mean JAKE Butt?
Nope, this butt will do. Y’all can go to hell.

GEM
11-09-2017, 09:18 PM
Gem did they practice all night?

Nah, they all spent the night together "gelling"

GEM
11-09-2017, 09:21 PM
Nick Kosmider‏Verified account @NickKosmider 1m1 minute ago

Derek Wolfe (neck) and C.J. Anderson (illness) missed practice today. Joseph expects both to play Sunday.

Wolfe has taken some injuries and keeps on ticking.

Tned
11-09-2017, 09:29 PM
Nah, they all spent the night together "gelling"

Is that what the kids are calling it these days.

spikerman
11-09-2017, 10:13 PM
Speaking of booze, I think Elway, Russell and Hechert need to start drinking again.

What makes you think they stopped?

NightTrainLayne
11-09-2017, 11:55 PM
Is that what the kids are calling it these days.

"Netflix and gel".

wayninja
11-10-2017, 12:04 AM
Wolfe has taken some injuries and keeps on ticking.

Didn't he flat out almost die... like... literally?

dogfish
11-10-2017, 12:52 AM
Green is physically gifted and is a violent player. He just drops too many passes.

and he doesn't seem to be an instinctive route runner. . . or maybe he's just not as fast or explosive with the pads on as his timed speed in under armour would seem to indicate. . . i just don't see him getting that much separation most of the time. . . people say we need to use him more, but dude's gotta be open if he wants to get more targets. . . that, and catch the ball consistently when they do throw it to him. . .

dogfish
11-10-2017, 12:53 AM

vance joseph makes me think they stopped. . . the decision-making has gone downhill. . .

Simple Jaded
11-10-2017, 02:37 AM

Nobody has ran into a cop car in a long time.

Slick
11-10-2017, 04:16 PM

My goodness.

Magnificent Seven
11-10-2017, 04:36 PM
New Patriots tight end Martellus Bennett reportedly has torn rotator cuff, torn labrum

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/new-patriots-tight-end-martellus-bennett-reportedly-has-torn-rotator-cuff-torn-labrum/

spikerman
11-10-2017, 04:49 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/new-patriots-tight-end-martellus-bennett-reportedly-has-torn-rotator-cuff-torn-labrum/

Because of this, I expect the Broncos defense to hold him to 11 catches for 163 yards and two TDs.

BroncoJoe
11-10-2017, 05:40 PM
My goodness.

I have to say I'm not a fan of Cugel, but he should continue with that type of posting.

wayninja
11-10-2017, 05:42 PM
We should probably create a thread or sub-forum for that type of stuff!

Tned
11-10-2017, 07:13 PM
My goodness.

Isn't that your life? Living on a beach, staring and sights like that all day?

Tned
11-10-2017, 07:14 PM
I have to say I'm not a fan of Cugel, but he should continue with that type of posting.

Arguably, one of his best and most articulate posts ever.

Hawgdriver
11-10-2017, 08:43 PM
Arguably, one of his best and most articulate posts ever.

What he said was effective, and he used few words.

Simple Jaded
11-12-2017, 12:04 AM
Isn't that your life? Living on a beach, staring and sights like that all day?

Yeah, poor Slick.

NightTrainLayne
11-12-2017, 04:40 PM
So, what's the word guys and gals? Did we have a good week of practice this week?

MOtorboat
11-12-2017, 04:47 PM
So, what's the word guys and gals? Did we have a good week of practice this week?

We won't know until after the game. So excited.

Nomad
11-12-2017, 05:35 PM
Changes are coming for this game. #victoryfortheBRONCOS