PDA

View Full Version : The Manning Years

Shazam!
11-06-2017, 07:33 AM
We knew this was coming. It may be worse than 1999 because Elway give us 16 and we only had Peyton Manning for 4.

I never thought I'd see this team as good as 97-98. Or win another Super Bowl. Im glad i was wrong.

Denver went something godly, like what, 55-15 with Manning? Two Super Bowls, one Win, historic victories against New England.

I've said it when they got Peyton, I didn't want Denver to be like KC was with Montana. It was such a shame they couldn't reach the dance with Joe Cool. That did not materialize, thank goodness!

We were going to pay for these years when Manning retired but it may be worse.

When I see Denver's offense on the Field, it reminds me of Cleveland, NYJ, Jax... snake bitten franchises. Why? They cant protect their QBs. Any idea how many talented arms went to crap only to have their career cut short by offenses that were trash? Very similar to Trevor and Brock.

Successful teams protect their QBs. Say what you want about Ravens and Bucs teams that had winning QBs, like Brad Johnson, he was successful because they PROTECTED HIM and allowed him to survey the Field and pick his spots.

The Broncos offensive line is bad. And I mean ?!#%ing putrid bad.

That is why Peyton became mortal in 2014. Denver's weakness was exposed by Seattle for all to see, and it was exploited. This hastened his demise, he was taking huge hits. It wasnt his arm that went bad... It was his legs. He had no lower body strength anymore due to all the injuries to his ankles, foot, etc.

Remember the glory days guys. This was the price we are paying for Peyron Manning. For now, I'm ok with the Organization in transition. Remember 1999. Huge void left after Elway.

Hopefully the Broncos become the Denver Lynchs. Lets see what he can do. Otherwise, start fresh and Draft QBs, TEs and OLine in Draft AND FA.

Changes are coming but be patient guys. At least we HAD glory days, fresh off a Championship and history. More glory days will come.

Elway will right this ship. Again.

BeefStew25
11-06-2017, 02:22 PM
Ah nice a positive post (no troll).

Imagine being a chiefs fan. That would suck.

Shazam!
11-06-2017, 02:32 PM
I've been watching this team for 30+ years. It is completely obvious.

The OLine needs to be addressed with near all the resources. I know they need a QB but even if it was a young Elway he needs protection and to BLOCK.

What made the 96-98 Broncos so great? TD was a great Back BUT it all stared with the teams dominance.... UP FRONT. THE OLINE!!

Next year will be a building year. All i ever ask of the Broncos is to hopefully contend for the Playoffs. Hopefully an easier schedule than the usual murderers row Denver always seems to get.

The greatest Free Agent of all time was available and he chose Denver for a reason. This team is committed to winning.

We may not agree on everything but i love you guys.

Dreadnought
11-06-2017, 02:38 PM

The OLine needs to be addressed with near all the resources. I know they need a QB but even if it was a young Elway he needs protection and to BLOCK.

What made the 96-98 Broncos so great? TD was a great Back BUT it all stared with the teams dominance.... UP FRONT. THE OLINE!!

Next year will be a building year. All i ever ask of the Broncos is to hopefully contend for the Playoffs. Hopefully an easier schedule than the usual murderers row Denver always seems to get.

The greatest Free Agent of all time was available and he chose Denver for a reason. This team is committed to winning.

And the '96 through '98 O-line was still there to help put Brian Griese and Mike Anderson in the pro bowl after the 2000 season

Shazam!
11-06-2017, 02:57 PM

And the '96 through '98 O-line was still there to help put Brian Griese and Mike Anderson in the pro bowl after the 2000 season

The team was built on the strength of the OLine until 2005.

Tbolt
11-06-2017, 06:04 PM
Funny, it was Wade Phillips who helped lay the groundwork for that Shanahan run, bringing in Habib and Zimmerman.

Shazam!
11-06-2017, 06:18 PM
Funny, it was Wade Phillips who helped lay the groundwork for that Shanahan run, bringing in Habib and Zimmerman.

He drafted Nalen too no

Tbolt
11-06-2017, 07:37 PM
He drafted Nalen too no

Yep, I knew there was one more I was leaving out. He spent a ton of resources to try and help out Elway (to the detriment of the Defense), brought in Jason Elam too, if memory serves.

chazoe60
11-06-2017, 07:45 PM

No kidding. Banging your sister, having a mullet and eating squirrel would be a shit existence.

Shazam!
11-07-2017, 05:37 AM
He drafted Nalen too no

Yep, I knew there was one more I was leaving out. He spent a ton of resources to try and help out Elway (to the detriment of the Defense), brought in Jason Elam too, if memory serves.

Yes. Wade began filling the offense with talent and placed.some wuality building blocks. The fact the O was explosive and had talent was impressive. Its a shame the D suffered so badly. Broncos had one if the worst front 7s in the League coukdnt stop anyone.

sneakers
11-07-2017, 07:44 AM

The chefs haven't drafted a quarterback that has one a single game for the chefs since 1983.

NightTrainLayne
11-07-2017, 12:33 PM
No kidding. Banging your sister, having a mullet and eating squirrel would be a shit existence.

Squirrel is pretty tasty!

Cugel
11-08-2017, 10:56 AM
We knew this was coming. It may be worse than 1999 because Elway give us 16 and we only had Peyton Manning for 4.

I never thought I'd see this team as good as 97-98. Or win another Super Bowl. Im glad i was wrong.

Denver went something godly, like what, 55-15 with Manning? Two Super Bowls, one Win, historic victories against New England.

I've said it when they got Peyton, I didn't want Denver to be like KC was with Montana. It was such a shame they couldn't reach the dance with Joe Cool. That did not materialize, thank goodness!

When I see Denver's offense on the Field, it reminds me of Cleveland, NYJ, Jax... snake bitten franchises. Why? They cant protect their QBs. Any idea how many talented arms went to crap only to have their career cut short by offenses that were trash? Very similar to Trevor and Brock.

Successful teams protect their QBs. Say what you want about Ravens and Bucs teams that had winning QBs, like Brad Johnson, he was successful because they PROTECTED HIM and allowed him to survey the Field and pick his spots.

That is why Peyton became mortal in 2014. Denver's weakness was exposed by Seattle for all to see, and it was exploited. This hastened his demise, he was taking huge hits. It wasnt his arm that went bad... It was his legs. He had no lower body strength anymore due to all the injuries to his ankles, foot, etc.

Remember the glory days guys. This was the price we are paying for Peyron Manning. For now, I'm ok with the Organization in transition. Remember 1999. Huge void left after Elway.

Hopefully the Broncos become the Denver Lynchs. Lets see what he can do. Otherwise, start fresh and Draft QBs, TEs and OLine in Draft AND FA.

Changes are coming but be patient guys. At least we HAD glory days, fresh off a Championship and history. More glory days will come.

I was afraid of this too. After Elway retired, the Broncos won 1 playoff game under Shanahan in 10 years. He never got back. And why? Because their QBs were Bubby Brister, Brian Griese, Jake Plummer, and Jay Cutler. And because Shanny couldn't draft defense to save his life, and wasted high picks on useless garbage like Jarvis Moss in the first round.

Well, the drafting under Elway has been less than spectacular too. His offensive picks have sucked pretty bad.

2017:
Demarcus Walker 2nd
Carlos Henderson 3rd
Neither is active game day.

2016:
Paxton Lynch 1st

2015:
Ty Sambrailo - 2nd
Jeff Heuerman - 3rd
Max Garcia - 4th (starting although sucking)

2014:
Cody Latimer - 2nd (special teams ace but nothing on offense)
Michael Schofield - 3rd

2013:
Montee Ball - 2nd

2012:
Brock Osweiler - 2nd
Ronnie Hillman - 3rd

This is not a good track record. Not at all.

Tbolt
11-08-2017, 12:25 PM

Wait, lets not dismiss this out of hand. We could be talking half sister or what's known as the 'KC Powerball' Step Sister variety here. Plus Mullet's keep your neck warm. You also left out driving a sweet 80's Camaro. Squirrel, yeah, not my first choice, but probably a soft meat for those with very few teeth.

Shazam!
11-08-2017, 01:34 PM

I was afraid of this too. After Elway retired, the Broncos won 1 playoff game under Shanahan in 10 years. He never got back. And why? Because their QBs were Bubby Brister, Brian Griese, Jake Plummer, and Jay Cutler. And because Shanny couldn't draft defense to save his life, and wasted high picks on useless garbage like Jarvis Moss in the first round.

Well, the drafting under Elway has been less than spectacular too. His offensive picks have sucked pretty bad.

2017:
Demarcus Walker 2nd
Carlos Henderson 3rd
Neither is active game day.

2016:
Paxton Lynch 1st

2015:
Ty Sambrailo - 2nd
Jeff Heuerman - 3rd
Max Garcia - 4th (starting although sucking)

2014:
Cody Latimer - 2nd (special teams ace but nothing on offense)
Michael Schofield - 3rd

2013:
Montee Ball - 2nd

2012:
Brock Osweiler - 2nd
Ronnie Hillman - 3rd

This is not a good track record. Not at all.

It wasnt so much as inept QBs (until Cutler) as it was a dilution of talent and some real bad FA moves. Plus th3 Defense couldn't stop anyone.

You dint need an elite QB to have a QB play smart ball. He needs HELP. He cant do it alone. This is why Denver is where they are now:

WR: DT is a shadow if his former self and Sanders, while great, isnt getting younger. And behind them? No.

TE: Who?

OLine: Reminds me of the Browns. So.e spotty OLines can do some good things as a unit, so theyll continue to operate under smoke and morris. But that runs out against elite teams. Denver's OLine is good at NOTHING.

Again. This should have been last year, which everyone would have expcted after Manning retired. But the Broncos retooled the OLine, brought in Charles... led to believe this could have even been a year to build on last year. Instead, the OLine is a complete failure.

Elway will be on full reload mode. They may trade down to stockpile young players. Big changes. Everywhere on offense. On the sidelines and on the Field.